Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

FFF

Re: FFF

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fb0a289e-b49d-4d83-8b5d-eb94aa74a013Post:b9ac8cb0-7959-44e8-83c7-207e8a1defb4">Re:FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love using wrong themed bags for am occasion. We have so many bags. Oh, your birthday is in June, here's a Christmas bag! A male cousin turning 40, here's a weddig shower bag! But, these are the things that make me happy.
    Posted by Nickivegan[/QUOTE]

<div>One year, H wrapped each niece and nephew's birthday present in leftover penguin wrapping paper and masking tape. They're spread out across the year, and one of his sisters asked why he couldn't afford new wrapping paper. WTF?</div><div>
    </div><div>I wrap things now.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:fb0a289e-b49d-4d83-8b5d-eb94aa74a013Post:96a8d847-d7f1-4d84-a1ff-5f2b617af466">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I hate wrapping gifts. I would rather just give it the present to you. Except at Christmas. I'm crazy about wrapping Christmas presents. Then I turn into one of those ladies at Macy's in the wrapping department. Every line is perfect and the bow is just splendiforous.
    Posted by cfaszews25[/QUOTE]

I worked in a department store in college and endured the gift wrapping department for three christmas seasons.  I vowed never to wrap another present again after I left.  Now its gift bags for everyone.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to Re:FFF:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF:Nicki, similarly I'm a big fan of year birthday cards. turning 28? nbsp;Here, Happy 40th birthday.Posted by Beachy730I love doing this. Last year I got H a "Happy 2nd Birthday" card with stickers inside.Posted by LeiselEB[/QUOTE] The best one I ever gor was for my dad's birthday last year. He was turning 49, so a Spanish Barbie quince card won!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Beachy, SIL actually loves classic Disney, hence why we went with Dumbo.
  • Options
    I don't understand why people aer so, "ZOMG NOT (INSERT CHARACTER) FOR MY KID!!!1!!!!1!11!"

I really hate Spongebob, and people that know H and I know this, but I also know that as long as Spongebob is popular, we'll probably get Spongebob gifts for our son. 

I admit, I will get rid of the gifts if the kid is too young to care about Spongebob, and since I won't let him watch that show anyway, he probably won't know who  it is.

But FFS, I'm not going to make a huge deal about no Spongebob to people that are coming to celebrate a birthday with our family. It's just a toy, not a life-lesson.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fb0a289e-b49d-4d83-8b5d-eb94aa74a013Post:96a8d847-d7f1-4d84-a1ff-5f2b617af466">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I hate wrapping gifts. I would rather just give the present to you. Except at Christmas. I'm crazy about wrapping Christmas presents. Then I turn into one of those ladies at Macy's in the wrapping department. Every line is perfect and the bow is just splendiforous.
    Posted by cfaszews25[/QUOTE]

I love wrapping gifts.  LOVE.  Year round.  I find little things that match the gift in some way and tie them into my bow, etc. 

You should see me at Christmas.  I go absolutely crazy giftwrapping.  I wrap some of my gifts like in the movies with the top and bottom of the box wrapped separately. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fb0a289e-b49d-4d83-8b5d-eb94aa74a013Post:d8010ac6-e5e9-4480-9ff2-be6eef634dee">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : I couldn't give two shiiits about your gift wrapping habits.  For me it's your obsession with things that you jam down people's throats.  You love Disney, got it.  Your SIL does not.  You love the Reds, got it.  And so does everyone else on TK who can read or see sigs.  We all have things we love, but it doesn't mean we force them on other people.
    Posted by Beachy730[/QUOTE]

I love Beachy bringing the pain today
  • Options
    I adore wrapping presents. I also love tying giant fancy bows on gifts. 
  • Options
    I am the worlds worst present wrapper.  It seriously looks like a 5 year old went to town with scissors, paper, and tape. 
    imageVacation
  • Options
    My brother "wraps" his gifts to me by throwing a blanket over it and handing it to me.

For the last few years, various friends and family drop their gifts off with me to wrap. Some of them ask for me to make it look like they wrapped it (in other words: like a four year old got ahold of some tape). They usually provide booze, and as of now, everyone has gotten the proper present back.

Good story.
  • Options
    SPEAKING of presents, Rach, did you decide to do beer brewing stuff for your H?  You never messaged me your budget if so, so I can't tell you what you need to buy!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fb0a289e-b49d-4d83-8b5d-eb94aa74a013Post:7af94d56-619b-4538-816f-002c7dcf4730">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]When my sister graduated college, one of her friends gave her a 50th wedding anniversary card from the Mahogany card collection.  It was the greatest card I ever saw. 
    Posted by EaglesBride2012[/QUOTE]

Years ago, my brother bought a Mahogany card for my parents' anniversary.
    It wasn't a joke though.  We had a good laugh.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fb0a289e-b49d-4d83-8b5d-eb94aa74a013Post:b4ee2abc-887d-4cc3-984f-024f758d42c0">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Beachy, SIL actually loves classic Disney, hence why we went with Dumbo.
    Posted by midgetthemighty[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh FFS.  Fine.  You love ALL Disney, your SIL only loves classic Disney.  </div><div>
    </div><div>Let me just clarify that I really don't give a fvck who loves how much of Disney and who doesn't.  I'm pretty sure you understood my point.  Besides, a fvcking princess bag is not classic Disney.  Theme fail.  </div>
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My cousin wrapped a present for my nephew in the Walmart bag.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fb0a289e-b49d-4d83-8b5d-eb94aa74a013Post:5d802424-3ff2-4fcf-9157-b325f603a45f">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : I love wrapping gifts.  LOVE.  Year round.  I find little things that match the gift in some way and tie them into my bow, etc.  You should see me at Christmas.  I go absolutely crazy giftwrapping.  I wrap some of my gifts like in the movies with the top and bottom of the box wrapped separately. 
    Posted by MyUserName1[/QUOTE]

<div>I also love wrapping gifts, even if it's in a gift bag. It's totally lame, but when I arrive somewhere with a gift (even if it's in a gift bag) people always tell me how pretty the gift is, and it makes me happy.</div><div>
    </div><div>I refuse to spend crazy money on wrapping paper or bags, but with the right ribbon and/or tissue paper, cheap bags can look great.</div><div>
    </div><div>BTW, if I'm bringing a gift bag, there's a 9/10 chance that I stopped at Target on the way to the party and wrapped the gift in the car. </div>
  • Options
    I asked my Dad why he didn't put up his fathers day card from me and FI with the others ones this year.  That is when he reminded me that I forgot to get him one.  That was awesome.
    imageVacation
  • Options
    i just had to google Mahogany cards. I'm bummed I haven't known about these before!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fb0a289e-b49d-4d83-8b5d-eb94aa74a013Post:b4ee2abc-887d-4cc3-984f-024f758d42c0">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Beachy, SIL actually loves classic Disney, hence why we went with Dumbo.
    Posted by midgetthemighty[/QUOTE]

Wow. You are serious aren't you?Are you always this difficult whenever someone calls you out for something or are you just being this obtuse because the offended parties have already moved on with their lives?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fb0a289e-b49d-4d83-8b5d-eb94aa74a013Post:fc47fbdd-c6be-4a21-98bb-44aac4f5b7c6">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Cfas - I know....I'm just bored at work. WAY TO GO ROSIE FOR STARTING IT SO EARLY. I kid.
    Posted by rachers1017[/QUOTE]

whatever shiitstain :)
  • Options
    FFF only lasts so long now because even if there is shiiit that goes on it's flamed immediately.  Then posting it again on FFF after someone got lashed out on is just like trying to get them ganged up on.  For example, several of us flamed Brandi last night for tanning.  She got an earful (eyeful?) and accepted it.  I didn't flame it now because it felt like it's just trying to get more people to gang up on her for it.  

And I meant to post that a couple pages ago when someone (can't remember) flamed Brandi again.  It was flamed quite a bit last night already, move on.  
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fb0a289e-b49d-4d83-8b5d-eb94aa74a013Post:a47382c7-b5ac-455a-92a7-56604684d284">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]My cousin wrapped a present for my nephew in the Walmart bag.
    Posted by Mrs.B6302007[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>H's parents use paper towels as tissue paper, if they feel that using "tissue" paper is needed but usually, they just tape the gift bag shut.</div><div>
    </div><div>It's one of those things that because I love my ILs, I find it endearing, but I don't understand it.</div><div>
    </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fb0a289e-b49d-4d83-8b5d-eb94aa74a013Post:15b6509a-00a2-4019-9e29-9d71e997fd76">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : Right now, I kind of want to burn down the Magic Kingdom. 
    Posted by EaglesBride2012[/QUOTE]

<div>Yesss.</div><div>
    </div><div>Midge, the point is not necessarily you being a Disney superfan. It's your habit of trying to make other people also become superfans (Disney, Reds, etc.). It seems like once you decide something is the right way to do it, there's no stopping you, even if thirty people tell you it's wrong.</div>
  • Options
    Also midge.. since we are picking at small details here.

/end sarcasm is redundant. you are saying end end sarcasm.

The more you know.
  • Options
    Eagles I'm right there with you.  Let's start with Dumbo's ride.

Wait, let me guess, that's probably not in Magic Kingdom and Midge will draw me a map of where it really is.  
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fb0a289e-b49d-4d83-8b5d-eb94aa74a013Post:805ff622-3a3a-4e0f-a755-629975caa687">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE] The more you know.
    Posted by Rosie109[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>A chime is ringing somewhere for you, Rosie. :)

</div>
  • Options
    Apparently I need to send all my presents to Special (along with booze) so they will be beautious. I am guilty of giving H presents in a Target or Publix bag.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fb0a289e-b49d-4d83-8b5d-eb94aa74a013Post:7ece44d8-ff34-41e0-b401-3554022c5c97">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Apparently I need to send all my presents to Special (along with booze) so they will be beautious. I am guilty of giving H presents in a Target or Publix bag.
    Posted by Febechick[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm partial to bourbon.</div>
  • Options
    Rach, YGPM back
  • Options
    Hah I noticed that too Cfas. I was like wait that's it, we are done?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards