Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

FFF

Re: FFF

• Options
    I likely said "I'm seriously considering getting sushi with my savings" or something, because I often say "I'm seriously considering" when I'm being sarcastic, which is... weird... now that I think about it. But just wanted to put it out there that I was not, in fact, serious. I can get the shoe thing though, if I didn't know my own situation, I probably would have side eyed it too.

I would also love to know what Aleigh said.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    She said something like "My photographer was supposed to give me my photos this weekend, but she (or her family member, I forget) was just in an accident and is in the hospital. Is it so wrong that I'm pissed I won't get my pictures on time?"

I may have gotten some of the details wrong, but the basic concept is still there.
  • Options
    I'm fully aware that this is a rather inane flame, and really it's more of an irritation or I don't get it, but it drives me nuts when people add 'eta: spelling.' Or grammar or clarity, or.whatever. dudes. An eta is for when you need to draw people's attention to your change. I assure you that no one gives two fuuucks if you fixed a misspelled word or an errant comma.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fb0a289e-b49d-4d83-8b5d-eb94aa74a013Post:bd0d67fa-afd2-4b8d-8c77-287892f1f13c">Re:FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have a flame. For the poster at the end of my WWED? Post about getting a kitten vs grieving thread. I wish I could link, but I am on mobile. Anyway, she came late to the party with "you should get an adult rescue cat not a kitten" speech. Listen, I know about rescues, we have an adult cat rescued off the street, and our recently passed cat was also a rescue kitten. I wanted another kitten, we like the age gap between our cats. Get over yourself. Maybe I am feeling super biitchy about it because it's been an emotional week, but that ish rubbed me the wrong way.
    Posted by Nickivegan[/QUOTE]
    WTF?  Kittens are rescues too.  So many kittens get abandoned.  Just because you said you wanted to adopt a kitten, doesn't necessarily mean that you mean going to a breeder.  And even if you were, what's it to them?

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    J, that irritates me too. Plus, when I make a spelling or grammar error, I usually want to correct it as quickly as possible before anyone notices. I don't want to then call attention to the fact that I made an error.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fb0a289e-b49d-4d83-8b5d-eb94aa74a013Post:768adc96-f8f1-4615-9d16-012a63080351">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]She said something like "My photographer was supposed to give me my photos this weekend, but she (or her family member, I forget) was just in an accident and is in the hospital. Is it so wrong that I'm pissed I won't get my pictures on time?" I may have gotten some of the details wrong, but the basic concept is still there.
    Posted by specialk84[/QUOTE]
    Thanks. Yeah, I mean, it's both terrible and natural at the same time.
  • Options
    Eags, princess ban? I missed that.

FWIW, our best friends have a "no licensed character" rule. Elmo is not allowed in the house, and they do not dress the kid in Disney clothes. Possibly unpop opinion, but I think that stuff is ugly anyway.
  • Options
    J, in the days of yore didn't people get in trouble for fixing their spelling errors without mentioning it? I feel like someone once said they got called out on it.
  • Options
    I actually didn't know that, JK. Thanks for that flame. 

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fb0a289e-b49d-4d83-8b5d-eb94aa74a013Post:b4c0efa9-2b8b-4162-aa02-296fddf6b2d9">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]J, <strong>in the days of yore</strong> didn't people get in trouble for fixing their spelling errors without mentioning it? I feel like someone once said they got called out on it.
    Posted by ahhhitsshannyn[/QUOTE]
    I'm sorry, I get what you're saying but this phrasing cracks me up.

Ye Olden Days of Planning and Etiquette.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fb0a289e-b49d-4d83-8b5d-eb94aa74a013Post:b4c0efa9-2b8b-4162-aa02-296fddf6b2d9">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]J, in the days of yore didn't people get in trouble for fixing their spelling errors without mentioning it? I feel like someone once said they got called out on it.

I don't know about the days of yore here, but I've been on boards where thats the culture.  Like you're trying to be sneaky by fixing your spelling on the DL.
  • Options
    So, in going back to see wtf the meanieface thing was about, I noticed that people got all up in arms about Mari having a picture of her FGs back in a picture. That was pretty lame, IMO. That picture could be of a million little girls. I understand not putting faces on the internet - and I applaud her for thinking of that - but seriously. I think it was a stretch for get onto her about having the BACK of a child on here. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fb0a289e-b49d-4d83-8b5d-eb94aa74a013Post:768adc96-f8f1-4615-9d16-012a63080351">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]She said something like "My photographer was supposed to give me my photos this weekend, but she (or her family member, I forget) was just in an accident and is in the hospital. Is it so wrong that I'm pissed I won't get my pictures on time?" I may have gotten some of the details wrong, but the basic concept is still there.

That's actually way less rude than I had imagined. I thought she'd said something truly terrible. I think a lot of us would be disappointed about not getting our pictures while still being concerned about the photographer.
  • Options

<div>I was expecting something more shocking than this.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:fb0a289e-b49d-4d83-8b5d-eb94aa74a013Post:2754c6d1-0c17-48ea-8abd-8fe8de02948e">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Eags, princess ban? I missed that. FWIW, our best friends have a "no licensed character" rule. Elmo is not allowed in the house, and they do not dress the kid in Disney clothes. Possibly unpop opinion, but I think that stuff is ugly anyway.

I think someone in midges family absolutely did not want any princess stuff for her kids birthday, so midge bought a bunch of dumbo stuff but still put it in a princess backpack, and the person was mad and she didn't see why since the kid liked it. I feel like if things don't go the way Midge wants them to go, she will just do it anyway, even if she is being super rude or stepping on toes.

This is reminding me of the whole "calling the brides parents to make sure she gets a guest, even though the B&G said no."
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fb0a289e-b49d-4d83-8b5d-eb94aa74a013Post:9fc54a98-c93a-4bd4-a900-8829f240ab9e">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : I was expecting something more shocking than this.
    Posted by LeiselEB[/QUOTE]

me too. By DDing, she made it seem like a WAY BIGGER WORSER thing.
  • Options
    I don't think what Aleigh said was that bad.  I was curious what it was too since I didn't get to it until it was already deleted.  If that was all that was said then I think the reactions were a little overkill. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fb0a289e-b49d-4d83-8b5d-eb94aa74a013Post:03273548-4c56-4e42-9aee-2dd3dcc7c92e">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : I think someone in midges family absolutely did not want any princess stuff for her kids birthday, so midge bought a bunch of dumbo stuff but still put it in a princess backpack, and the person was mad and <strong>she didn't see why since the kid liked it.</strong> I feel like if things don't go the way Midge wants them to go, she will just do it anyway, even if she is being super rude or stepping on toes. This is reminding me of the whole "calling the brides parents to make sure she gets a guest, even though the B&G said no."

I thought the kid was turning one?  How the fluck does a one year old have an opinion on princesses?
  • Options
    Yeah, it's one of those things that might be natural to think, but you just don't say it out loud.

I think she DDed it because she thought her photographer might see it. I don't know.

LDY, back of the head or not, I think it's weird to put a pic of a kid who is not yours in your sig or on FB unless you have the parents' permission.
  • Options
    Eags, I was actually prepared for that to come up today because I went back and re-read everything about that and it came out really badly. I deserved your reaction. I really don't care if she has a princess ban, it's her daughter. I truly just wish she would have told us and not heard it through the grapevine.

And Special, it was just the bag we used to put her Dumbo gifts in. We found out after getting the bag that SIL didn't want her to have anything princessy.
  • Options
    In Response to Re:FFF:[QUOTE]I actually didn't know that, JK. Thanks for that flame.nbsp;nbsp; Posted by starrynight84[/QUOTE]

Hm. Was not flaming you. Have no idea why you'd think I was. Unless you're nit suggesting that I was flaming you and are just grateful for the PSA, in which case, you're welcome.

Dudes, I've been here a long time and I've never seen someone flamed for that. Maybe for 'fixing' their wording when they're already being flamed and it suddenly being a completely different post, but that's not what I'm talking about.

• Options
    JK, I know you weren't flaming me. But I appreciate the general flame because I wasn't clear on when to use ETA. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fb0a289e-b49d-4d83-8b5d-eb94aa74a013Post:14971980-a33b-4ffe-96e9-e4eca6833cac">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE] LDY, back of the head or not, I think it's weird to put a pic of a kid who is not yours in your sig or on FB unless you have the parents' permission.
    I guess it's just one of those "I dont get it" things to me. I don't personally think I'd care of my kids back was used in a picture on a website. I agreed for her to be in a wedding. There are pictures taken at weddings. I wouldn't be happy if it was a face, I just don't see the big deal when it's just a back. Or hands. Or feet. Or whatever. It seemed like people were trying to say they wouldn't have any part of someone else on their sig without their permission, which just seems weird. <div>
    </div><div>We've all seen "bridesmaids/bride/flowergirl feet in a circle!" pictures, etc. I had a picture of me and the back of MY FG in my sig for a while and no one said anything. I think people were just reaching for that on Mari's sig b/c they had to find something to complain about it.</div>
  • Options
    Damn you all started early. 

If Rachers was offended by Skidmark, I wouldn't use it.  On a site that uses hoars and heifers as terms of endearment, I don't see what the big deal is. 

Any flames I have have been covered. 
  • Options
    Midge, did you find out once you got to the party, or did you know before you left the house? You could have stopped and gotten another bag.

On one hand, I think dictating what kind of gift people are allowed to give your kid is douchey. On the other hand, I have a problem (rational or not) with all the Disney princess crap. I think little girls are being raised to think they deserve to be treated like a princess by the entire world. There's a mentality that goes along with it that suggests a girl is nothing without a strong, rich man rescuing her from the doldrums of her ordinary life. I'm not saying I'm right--I'm just saying I don't like the stuff.
  • Options
    Back we we first got married (we were in the same wedding month) Blueyed had a really pretty picture of her and her little flower girl in her sig pic.  I don't remember anyone giving her a hard time about it.

• Options
    In Response to Re:FFF:[QUOTE]Yeah, it's one of those things that might be natural to think, but you just don't say it out loud.I think she DDed it because she thought her photographer might see it. I don't know.LDY, back of the head or not, I think it's weird to put a pic of a kid who is not yours in your sig or on FB unless you have the parents' permission. Posted by specialk84[/QUOTE]

To the first part: yup, and that's what everyone Said. Not sure how that's overkill.

To the last part: yup. It's weird. And no one was 'getting on her' about that. I said it makes me uncomfortable, special agreed, someone else agreed, everyone moved on to mocking meanieface.

Ldy? You're reaching. As usual.

• Options
    FWIW, I'm certain to have my flower girl in my sig at some point.  But I know for certain that her mom doesn't mind. For all we know, Mari has permission as well.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fb0a289e-b49d-4d83-8b5d-eb94aa74a013Post:09c4d399-b869-40ab-b543-a8c86e6e0282">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Midge, did you find out once you got to the party, or did you know before you left the house? You could have stopped and gotten another bag. On one hand, I think dictating what kind of gift people are allowed to give your kid is douchey. On the other hand, I have a problem (rational or not) with all the Disney princess crap.<strong> I think little girls are being raised to think they deserve to be treated like a princess by the entire world. </strong>There's a mentality that goes along with it that suggests a girl is nothing without a strong, rich man rescuing her from the doldrums of her ordinary life. I'm not saying I'm right--I'm just saying I don't like the stuff.

True story.  When I do princess parties, I spend half of the party emphasizing that being a princess is about being considerate and thoughtful to others. And cleaning up after yourself.
  • Options
    I totally get the no licensed character thing. I was a Raffi kid growing up. Did you know he doesn't market to children? No TV adds, just word of mouth. That is really awesome, and if we ever decide to have kids we will try to keep Raffi over Elmo and Barbie.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards