Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Howdy folks! It's night time!

Re: Howdy folks! It's night time!

• Options
    Alright, I need to hop in the shower and go to bed. Back to overtime tomorrow. Night all!
  • Options
    Good luck Holly.  H and I are procrastinating buying cars.  We have paid both of ours off in the past year and a half (him last year, spring, me just in May).  But his has 180,000 miles on it and he drives a fair amount for work and in some pretty remote places sometimes, and my 4 door sedan won't work well the first time I have to take the dog to the vet and don't have a baby-sitter LOL.
  • Options
    MrsJesse, Knuffle Bunny by Mo Willems. We have given this to all of FI's greats and they have all loved it-boys and girls both.
    Neil Gaiman's Crazy Hair is great too.
    Adam Rex's Chloe and the Lions.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    heb557heb557 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    holly- No i meant buying a car that was a 3 year lease. I would personally never lease a car, you lose out in the end. Basically I got a $35,000 car for a 1/3 of the price with 23,000 miles on it. It was a win/win.
    We're Married!! And I couldn't be happier!
  • Options
    I feel like when The Boat died, i had this naive notion that car buying would be FUN and not at all long and complicated. 
  • Options
    Night Snail!
    knotsigpicture Anniversary
  • Options
    MrsJesse there's a great kids' book store in New York called Books of Wonder. They have a ton of signed books and their shipping is great.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I like Jeeps. I would trade-in the Jeep for a newer Jeep, or one with less miles.
  • Options
    Yo.  I am SO cranky today.  While I was at the store I texted H "If I don't come home, it's because I killed everyone at Target."  That about sums up my day.

But I get to go to bed soon, so that's a positive!

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_howdy-folks-its-night-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ffcdc56c-c306-4b04-86c4-4b1ed59135bdPost:a6febc13-dc13-4488-9bb2-69674f65392e">Re: Howdy folks! It's night time!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I feel like when The Boat died, i had this naive notion that car buying would be FUN and not at all long and complicated. 
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

<div>FI totaled his truck a couple of years ago (while he was still paying it off...thank God for Gap insurance), and had to go look for a new car.  It was the biggest PITA, not only because FI is picky as hell, but he also had to look for a car that would come out to be under $10K with tax, title, and license. </div><div>
    </div><div>He ended up stumbling upon a 2003 Chevy Impala that had relatively low mileage for the age of the car.  The dealer incorrectly marked the car as $6995 instead of $8995, so he got a pretty good deal on it.  He misses his truck, but that's what fit in his budget and he needed a car.  </div>
  • Options
    heb557heb557 member
    Holly- Agreed. I heard BMW has a very good warranty. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_howdy-folks-its-night-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ffcdc56c-c306-4b04-86c4-4b1ed59135bdPost:094c2b31-0e73-457b-9a77-d8d411f1bcea">Re: Howdy folks! It's night time!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I really hated Porsche. I actually liked Rachel last season. To me she was the same on the feeds but of course they make it more dramatic on the show. Jesse, look for Harold and the Purple Crayon. My daughter loved that book.
    Posted by eorea[/QUOTE]

OMG. PORSCHE WAS SO STUPID.

She drove me crazy.
  • Options
    Yeah I refuse to buy anything Dodge or Chrysler. That makes me sound like a snob, but meh. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_howdy-folks-its-night-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ffcdc56c-c306-4b04-86c4-4b1ed59135bdPost:7284fc8a-28dc-46dd-92e6-9eddf4a6ec4b">Re: Howdy folks! It's night time!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Erin, I won't buy another Chrysler product.  Chrysler has a habit of having manufacturing defects, and refusing to acknowledge that it was their fault, thereby forcing the car owner to fix the defect.  It's stupid.
    Posted by Holly4212011[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Hm. I guess you should bet a Subaru. ;) Subaru is ALWAYS the answer for car questions. But, in all honesty, it sounds like you want a BMW! If you want one, I say go for it.

</div>
  • Options
    Hi J&K.  Anything in particular bad about your day, or just one of those days?
  • Options
    Porsche was a terrible human being. 
  • Options
    heb557heb557 member
    I'm the same way, Musu. 

My parents owned one Dodge, it was obviously their last for many many reasons.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_howdy-folks-its-night-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ffcdc56c-c306-4b04-86c4-4b1ed59135bdPost:29764acf-411f-47c4-bdf5-d9c908754688">Re: Howdy folks! It's night time!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Erin, BMW owners are just as bad as Subaru owners about brand loyalty.  As H has a BMW, guess where he's leaning haha.
    Posted by Holly4212011[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>This is SO true. I am so brand loyal to Subaru. I think your heart has made it's mind and wants a BMW. Take the plunge!</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_howdy-folks-its-night-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ffcdc56c-c306-4b04-86c4-4b1ed59135bdPost:e7ae257f-cc72-4826-8eff-26e264c5d95d">Re: Howdy folks! It's night time!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Musu, I won't do it again.  My dream car in HS was a Grand Cherokee.  I've achieved that goal; time to move on.
    Posted by Holly4212011[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Haha I gotcha. :) I have a Hyundai and it's fine. But actually I hate it. Not because of the brand but because I hate having a stupid gocart for a car (it's a 2006 Elantra). I want a Toyota because they are consistently the top rated make for all around reliability, etc. After that I want a Lexus someday. ;) </div>
  • Options
    heb557heb557 member
    edited July 2012
    I'm a loyal Toyota owner. I'm on my second camry, my first was a piece but it was a learners car. The camry I have now is fully loaded. I LOVE it.
  • Options
    Mostly just one of those days, Loops!  I think because I didn't get enough sleep this weekend, and then couldn't sleep well last night, that I just woke up on the wrong side of the bed and it effed my whole day. 

I know everyone hates Dodges, but it's all my parents have owned for the past 12 years and they've had (knock on wood) not a single problem with them.  I'm not suggesting that means Dodges are awesome, because I know a lot of people who have had issues, I just find it interesting.

I LOVED my Stratus, and I miss it.  I probably won't buy American again in the near future, though.

• Options
    My dad's last two minivans have been Dodges, but Dodges aren't my style.  My mom had a Neon and hated it.  I love my Pontiac Vibe, though.  If Pontiac was still around, I would probably buy another one.  My next car (in 2 or 3 years) will probably be a crossover SUV, but I won't look seriously until I get ready to buy.  
  • Options
    How do you like your Highlander, J? I know you didn't want that big of an SUV but it is the size I might look at for my next car. 

I won't get a Mitsubishi or VW either, they are pretty low rated as well. 
  • Options
    Yeah I've heard terrible things about Mitsubishi. 
  • Options
    Lexus is always like, #1 on the lists each year, so one day when I have all that money (hah) I'm getting me one of those. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_howdy-folks-its-night-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ffcdc56c-c306-4b04-86c4-4b1ed59135bdPost:43070d93-d0ed-44b3-9a70-dd878f5293f5">Re: Howdy folks! It's night time!</a>:
    [QUOTE]How do you like your Highlander, J? I know you didn't want that big of an SUV but it is the size I might look at for my next car.  I won't get a Mitsubishi or VW either, they are pretty low rated as well. 
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

I really love it.  I struggle with loving it because i drive 600-700 miles a week, but for its size, it really does get good mileage (I get about 21-23 mpg depending on whether I'm going through the bluffs or not).  There's lots of room, it handles really well, the interior is nice, and roomy.  I don't like the front seat arm rests and the console is small.  I also don't like that the charger won't charge stuff if the car isn't on.  Those are really my only complaints though.  Oh, there's a good amount of road noise--but I think that's partially my tires.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_howdy-folks-its-night-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ffcdc56c-c306-4b04-86c4-4b1ed59135bdPost:4002522e-f316-410c-8a57-098ea40409bb">Re: Howdy folks! It's night time!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Howdy folks! It's night time! : I really love it.  I struggle with loving it because i drive 600-700 miles a week, but for its size, it really does get good mileage (I get about 21-23 mpg depending on whether I'm going through the bluffs or not).  There's lots of room, it handles really well, the interior is nice, and roomy.  I don't like the front seat arm rests and the console is small.  I also don't like that the charger won't charge stuff if the car isn't on.  Those are really my only complaints though.  Oh, there's a good amount of road noise--but I think that's partially my tires.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Good to know! I am so used to my stupid shitbox that I probably wouldnt even notice road noise because little cars don't really block out any noise at all, haha. </div><div>
    </div><div>Also, Willow texted you. </div>
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    The VW Beetle Convertible was my dream car for a while.  My Vibe was having some serious problems (that were eventually fixed because of a recall), so I started looking for a new car, and the dealership FI bought his car from had a Beetle for sale.  

I test drove it just to see what it was like and I hated it.  It had a really bad blind spot, and handled horribly.  The new Beetles might be better, but the one I drove sucked.   
  • Options
    Evening (again)! I think I had a pretty productive evening, went for a bike ride and finally got to writing the thank you cards for our engagement presents. Now just relaxing in bed =)

Holly - BMW warrantys are amazing - they usually provide such good customer service! My parents have always driven Mercedes & BMW's because they have always received the utmost best service & quality. 

522805_10151186959893168_80368830_n_zps80e4c057
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My realistic dream car is a Lexus RX450.  My unattainable dream car is a Maserati Granturismo.  It used to be a Maserati Grancabrio. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards