Chit Chat
Options

You know you're from....

Re: You know you're from....

• Options
    ally91ally91 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    ally91 said:

What a WICKED awesome discussion!  I've heard these before!  It's quite awesome though that some of those don't even apply to VT though!  We call sprinkles "sprinkles", and we call water fountains that as well.  We no longer have a DQ, but when we did, it was totally closed during the winter!

Some for VT:

-We call soft-serve ice cream "creemees".  WAY more delicious-sounding

-You have to design your kids halloween costume to fit over a snow suit

-Your 4th of July picnic was moved indoors due to frost

-Your neighbor throws a party to celebrate his new shed

-"Down South" means Connecticut

-We call Interstates "Interstates".  Not highways, as a lot of other places do.

-Sugar on snow is a delicacy up here

-Our autumn leaves are better than yours.

Oh this is fun!

YES!

Also: You have to drive an hour to get anywhere, and completely out of state to get to Target.

You say "Sorry, driving through the mountains" in almost every phone call

You call Floridians "flatlannders"

You can't stand "leaf-peepers" (I have to get to work people!)

You love creemees. (seconding Witty-kitty on this just because they're THAT awesome.)

I would like to kindly point out that your "mountains" hardly count as mountains. Come see the Rocky's or the Cascades for the real ones :D

(this is said with the utmost amount of love :D )

Ah yes, very true, but to my "flatlander" relatives, I practically live on Everest. ;) And I would LOVE to go to the Rocky's!
    Soon-to-be Mrs. Kent
  • Options
    I can relate to most of Stage's. Here's what I found for Kentucky, with edits:

You know you're from Kentucky if:
    1. You measure distance in minutes.

2. You've ever had to switch from "heat" to "A/C" in the same day.

3. Stores don't have bags; they have sacks. Depends on the type: plastic things walmart puts your groceries in are bags, big brown paper bags are sacks, and a little brown papaer bag is a poke.

4. There's a car running in the parking lot with no one in it, no matter what time of the year.

5. You use "fix" as a verb. Example: I am fixing to go to the store. I just have to say fix is usually a verb. We just use it a little more liberally.

6. All the festivals across the state are named after a fruit, vegetable, grain, insect or animal. Do hillbillies count as animals? If so, this is a good list.

7. You install security lights on your house and garage and leave both unlocked.

8. You carry jumper cables in your car ... for your OWN car.

9. You know what "cow tipping" is.

10. You only own four spices: salt, pepper, chili powder,
    and catsup. Everyone I know has a full spice cabinet.

11. The local papers cover national and international news on one page but require 6 pages for local gossip and sports.

12. You think that the first day of deer season is a national holiday.

13. You find 100 degrees Fahrenheit "a little warm."

14. You know all four seasons: Almost summer, summer, still summer, and Christmas. It gets pretty chilly here: I'd say we have all four, but spring and fall last about a week each.

15. You know whether another Kentuckian is from east, west, or central Kentucky as soon as they open their mouth.

16. Going to Wal-Mart is a favorite past time known as off to "Wally World."

17. You consider a drop in temperature below 60 as chili weather.

18. You know that there is only one name for soda, pop, cola and that's Coke, regardless of brand or flavor. Example "What kinna coke you want?" This is dumb, and I've only heard people from TN do it. I call coke coke, but that's it. If I want a pepsi, and I generally do, I'll call it pepsi. Otherwise we say pop or soda.

19. Fried Catfish is the other white meat.

Shopping carts are buggies. That confused some western friends. They also had a hard time with the phrase "don't care to." If someone asks for a ride to the store, and you say you wouldn't care to take them, apparently in other places that means you are telling them no. I usually use "wouldn't mind a bit" to avoid the confusion.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    @kjhowd, our "outsider" friends make fun of catty-wompus, and also lagniappe (pronounced lan-yap).

@StageManager14 - what is lagniappe? never heard that one before.

• Options
    @stagemanager14  wow. Add "moose" to deer.  I think most people live with someone who has hit one or the other, both, or multipes of each.  Also, yeah, who DOESN'T carry jumper cables in their car? Isn't that just like what you get when you get your first car and they keep passing to your next car?
    image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• Options
    I've also noticed that any city/town with "mouth" at the end, some people out of NE pronouce it as "mowth" rather than us who pronounce it "muth".(IE Portsmouth, Plymouth) Unless that's a Boston thing?
    I dunno, I say it as "smith"  as in  Portsmith  or  Plimith

I go to Plymouth State for my Master's and I go to Portsmouth every other weekend (at least).  Although, you may be talking about Plymouth, MA
    image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• Options
    erinlin25 said:
    avolker1 said:

@salsera29: agree with all of that being from North Jersey.  Also, I've noticed that NJ people call highways/freeways "route 80" and "route 46" , etc while in CA you say "The 10" or "The 5".  It's really funny because without even realizing it, I automatically switch back to saying it the Jersey way when I'm in Jersey and the CA way when I'm in CA.  And living in the LA area, I definitely measure distance in terms of time since there's ALWAYS traffic.  So 5 miles may seem close but it could take you 45 minutes to get there.

I'd say that you know you're from CA when you don't consider In n' Out to be fast food.

lol, yes.  And I love when out of state people come to CA to visit and they are always excited to go to In & Out.

When we got Sonic it was way over-rated, but that's OK.  I love their shakes, that's about it.

Only other thing I have for CA is in Nor Cal we say "hella" and "hecka."  Only in Nor cal though--no idea why, but So Cal people will always call you out on it.  Who cares!?

CA directions entail taking THE 101 to THE 5, to THE etc.  I don't know why we say it, but it happens. 

I think its funny when restaurants have "New York Pizza" and people think its really like pizza in NY.  Nothing compares to actual slice of NY pizza!

I was very excited to try Sonic because I see the commercials all the time but there's none in the immediate area.  I went on a road trip and was pretty disappointed, except yes the shakes are good.  I think Californians are commonly perceived to be "health nuts" so they don't want to admit that they love a fast food joint.

Ohhh good one with "hella" for NorCal.  I actually love that because I've never heard it anywhere else.  My cousins up North use it a lot.  I would never judge because I know I overuse the word "like" and that's way worse.

I've had to scale back my snobbery on pizza because I'm sure people are sick of hearing me say that it's hard to find real NY-style pizza in CA.  Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of great pizza places I enjoy here, but it is not NY pizza.  But I guess it worked out for me because now I know what real Mexican food is and I can be judgy when I visit NJ about that.

• Options
    I haven't seen any Georgia ones yet so here we go.

Georgia-isms:

1. All the bread/milk/water is cleaned out of the stores if there is a prediction for snow/ice.
    2. School gets canceled all over the state if there is a warning of ice or snow.
    3. Ya'll is a word.
    4. Shopping carts are called buggies
    5. I believe this one was mentioned but at a restaurant it's "Did you want a coke?" not "Did you want a soda?"
    6. Weddings usually stay clear of important football game days
    7. In college the girls dress up for football games
    8. "Bless your heart" means "you're an idiot"
    9. Our seasons are Summer, almost summer, kind of summer, and winter
    10. Chick-fil-a and sweet tea are heavenly
  • Options

@MuppetFan - for me the "muth" vs. "mith" depends on the city.  Portsmouth and Plymouth would be "mith", Falmouth Dartmouth are "muth".

@StageManager14 - interesting.

It probably makes me a huge dork, but this kind of thing totally fascinates me how much difference locality makes.

• Options
    @mhollister89 - your #1 about bread/milk happens here all.the.time.  You would think people didn't know what to do with snow in this stupid state.  They all forget how to drive in it too.

• Options
    arrippaarrippa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2013

That's So Cal speak. I grew up in SF bay area and we would never put a "the" in front of our freeway names. We would say, take 101 or take 880.

erinlin25 said:
    avolker1 said:

@salsera29: agree with all of that being from North Jersey.  Also, I've noticed that NJ people call highways/freeways "route 80" and "route 46" , etc while in CA you say "The 10" or "The 5".  It's really funny because without even realizing it, I automatically switch back to saying it the Jersey way when I'm in Jersey and the CA way when I'm in CA.  And living in the LA area, I definitely measure distance in terms of time since there's ALWAYS traffic.  So 5 miles may seem close but it could take you 45 minutes to get there.

I'd say that you know you're from CA when you don't consider In n' Out to be fast food.

lol, yes.  And I love when out of state people come to CA to visit and they are always excited to go to In & Out.

When we got Sonic it was way over-rated, but that's OK.  I love their shakes, that's about it.

Only other thing I have for CA is in Nor Cal we say "hella" and "hecka."  Only in Nor cal though--no idea why, but So Cal people will always call you out on it.  Who cares!?

CA directions entail taking THE 101 to THE 5, to THE etc.  I don't know why we say it, but it happens. 

I think its funny when restaurants have "New York Pizza" and people think its really like pizza in NY.  Nothing compares to actual slice of NY pizza!

• Options
    arrippaarrippa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2013
    @moemacWed30594 You still need some work on that accent. It's 'Wuhstah'  (Worcester). I grew up there : )

kjhowd said:

Yes ma'am @MairePoppy.  I always tell folks it's pronounced as if it was spelled with just the letters pbd.

We also have Glawsta (Gloucester), Quinzy (Quincy) and Haver(h)ill (you don't pronounce the H in hill) and Meffa (Medford).  And everything is "wicked pissa".

There is an episode of The West Wing where one of the characters references Haverhill and pronouces it Haver Hill. It drives me nuts. It took me a while to get the pronouncation of Worchester right.

I know it's Wuhstah. My point was when I first moved here nine years ago, I kept pronouncing it Worchester. I would get mocked daily until I learned to pronounce it correctly.

ETA-spelling. I really need a spellcheck function.

• Options
    @kjhowd - I know seriously...it drives me crazy. The same applies to when it rains, everyone just forgets how to drive all together.
  • Options
    AllieBear725AllieBear725 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2013
    I'm surprised none of you southerners have mentioned hurricanes yet. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kjhowd said:

@MuppetFan - for me the "muth" vs. "mith" depends on the city.  Portsmouth and Plymouth would be "mith", Falmouth Dartmouth are "muth".

It probably makes me a huge dork, but this kind of thing totally fascinates me how much difference locality makes.

Yes you explained that just right. I was sitting here trying to think of how to respond to muppet but you did it just perfect!

So it seems that everywhere counts distant in minutes...

Anniversary
  • Options
    daria24 said:
    I'm from PA and apparently there was a friggin war last year over whether PA or NE created the whoopie pie. I always thought they were a Central PA thing.

My cousin and my mom got into an arguement about this a couple of years ago. My mom is from PA and she even sided that the whoopie pie is a New England creation.

I looked up some "you know you're from Connecticut" these are pretty accurate:
    1) You shopped at either Caldor or Bradlee's. Yes, both were in the town I grew up in.
    2) You prayed to God that Dr. Mel's snow accumulation was right and school will be closed the next day. RIP Dr. Mel!
    3) You understand how extremly important taking the highway vs. taking the merritt is. 4
    4) Mrs. Vince McMahon was almost your governor
    5) You were sad about the Whalers leaving
    6) You still brag about Louis' Lunch
    7) You've come to blows arguing about which pizza is better in New Haven Pepe's or Sally's (duh, Sally's is! Frank Pepe's pizza are a bunch of sell-outs now!)
    8) Half of your high school went to UConn
    9) You've been offered crack if you've lived in one of Connecticut's 3 major towns (my bf grew up in New Haven and was offered crack AND sexual services from a hooker when he was like 13. Real nice city)
    10) You knew about Mianus before Jackass was there.

There's a ton, but these were my favorite.

- @buddysmom80
    -Abate's all the way!!!! Their sliced tomato pizza is unreal.
    - If you've been offered crack, then mugged, you know you're in New Haven, probably Newhallville.

Also "you know you're from CT when:"

You realize just how awesome foxon park soda is.

Um, this bolded statement has pretty much made you my favorite person on CC. I don't like Abate's at all. Sorry. Modern sucks as well. Bar has some darn good pizza too.

I should see if there's a: "you know when you're from New Haven when..." If not, I'm starting it with the first one being: you know you're from New Haven when Yalies just cross the street without even looking at traffic and it drives you up the wall.

BF actually lived in Newhallville for a while, then moved to the projects on Quinnipiac that they tore down and are now named "skittles". He got home invaded, stabbed, shot at, fun times.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options
    My aunt got a ticket for jaywalking in Boston once.  True story!

FI is pissed that he had to move to MA from CT.  He says none of us can drive.  I beg to differ...
    @BostonGlrl4732 , I agree. I come from MA and I didn't realize that a red light was an optional stop until I went to school in CT. ;)
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    If you want to know what kind of accent you have try this:

• Options
    @mairepoppy - apparently I have I an Inland North accent (Wisconsin, Illinois etc.).  Funny is I've been in the Northeast and specifically MA for most life (with 2 years exception in VA when I was 7).

• Options
    So I'm edited mine specially for Northern Ca (and yes there is a big difference) and I also added some northern California mountain folk things since I grew up in the mountains.  

• Your monthly house payments exceed your monthly income.
    • You don’t know anyone’s phone number unless you check your cell phone.
    • You begin to “lie” to your friends about how close you are when you know damn well that it’ll take you at least an hour to get there (see below).
    • Getting anywhere from point A to point B, no matter what the distance, takes about “twenty minutes.”
    • You drive to your neighborhood block party. (I drive everywhere) 
    • Gas is $1.00 per gallon more than anywhere else in the US
    • Unlike back home, the guy at 8:30 am at Starbucks wearing a baseball cap and sunglasses who looks like George Clooney really IS George Clooney.
    • You can’t remember … is pot illegal?
    • It’s barely sprinkling rain outside, so you leave for work at least an hour early to avoid all the weather-related accidents.
    • You eat a different ethnic food for every meal.
    • If your destination is more than 5 minutes away on foot, you’re definitely driving.
    • Calling your neighbors requires knowing their area code.
    • You know what “In-’N-Out” is and feel bad for the other states that don’t have any.
    • You don’t stop at a STOP sign, you do a California roll. (No cop, no stop)
    • You go to a tanning salon before you go to the beach.
    • Your have a permanent impression on the side of your head from your cell phone.
    • You call 911 and they put you on hold.
    • You know that if you drive two miles in any direction you will find a McDonald’s or a Starbucks. (seriously, the town next to mine of 20k has 5 Starbucks!  5!)
    • It’s barely sprinkling rain and there’s a report on every news station: “STORM WATCH.”
    • The Terminator was your governor.
    • You say "like" and "for sure" and "right on" and "dude" and "totally" and "peace out" and "chill" and "tight" and "bro" and "hella" and "hecka" and "stoked" and "fo sho" and you say them often 
    • You know 65 mph really means 100.
    • You can get fresh and REAL Mexican food 24 hours a day.
    • 50% humidity is unreasonable 
    Hill specific (to my town) things:

• Bay area people drive you crazy because they drive so slow on roads with turns.  It doesn't matter if it says 25, go 45
    • When you see a cop you know something really bad has happened
    • You know at least 10 pot dealers
    • You know your neighbors have a meth lab or two
    • There are no such thing as sidewalks
    • No one slows down for Squirrels

• You can identify the white power gangs from across the street
    • Everything worth going to is at least 20-30 minutes away, if not longer.
    • Everyone who is under 25 can't wait to leave yet somehow must never do.
    • You hate those idiot (mostly from the city) who drive 70 in the snow just because they have 4x4 
    • Going shooting is a common past time 
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    daria24 said:
    I'm from PA and apparently there was a friggin war last year over whether PA or NE created the whoopie pie. I always thought they were a Central PA thing.

My cousin and my mom got into an arguement about this a couple of years ago. My mom is from PA and she even sided that the whoopie pie is a New England creation.

1) You shopped at either Caldor or Bradlee's. Yes, both were in the town I grew up in.
    2) You prayed to God that Dr. Mel's snow accumulation was right and school will be closed the next day. RIP Dr. Mel!
    3) You understand how extremly important taking the highway vs. taking the merritt is. 4
    7) You've come to blows arguing about which pizza is better in New Haven Pepe's or Sally's (duh, Sally's is! Frank Pepe's pizza are a bunch of sell-outs now!)
    9) You've been offered crack if you've lived in one of Connecticut's 3 major towns (my bf grew up in New Haven and was offered crack AND sexual services from a hooker when he was like 13. Real nice city)

- @buddysmom80
    - If you've been offered crack, then mugged, you know you're in New Haven, probably Newhallville.

Um, this bolded statement has pretty much made you my favorite person on CC. I don't like Abate's at all. Sorry. Modern sucks as well. Bar has some darn good pizza too.

I should see if there's a: "you know when you're from New Haven when..." If not, I'm starting it with the first one being: you know you're from New Haven when Yalies just cross the street without even looking at traffic and it drives you up the wall.

BF actually lived in Newhallville for a while, then moved to the projects on Quinnipiac that they tore down and are now named "skittles". He got home invaded, stabbed, shot at, fun times.

OMG THEY MAKE ME WANT TO RIP MY EYES OUT. I'd only drive downtown if it was an absolute must. It's like "You go to Yale. You're supposed to be smart enough to get in! Even just a little bit!"

I went to college at Albertus Magnus College on Prospect St.(I'll LOVE you if you've heard of it) and I'd be lulled to sleep by the sound of police sirens and gun shots :).

I never got to have Modern or Sally's (Blasphemy, I know). My boss used to get us Abate's for lunch meetings so I grew fond of it. It's all amazing compared to what we call pizza in MA.
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    s-aries8990s-aries8990 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    @ravenray - we have to dial area codes in MA as well, especially Eastern MA around Boston.

• Options
    avolker1avolker1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited May 2013
    ravenray said:
    So I'm edited mine specially for Northern Ca (and yes there is a big difference) and I also added some northern California mountain folk things since I grew up in the mountains.  

• Your monthly house payments exceed your monthly income.
    • You don’t know anyone’s phone number unless you check your cell phone.
    • You begin to “lie” to your friends about how close you are when you know damn well that it’ll take you at least an hour to get there (see below).
    • Getting anywhere from point A to point B, no matter what the distance, takes about “twenty minutes.”
    • You drive to your neighborhood block party. (I drive everywhere) 
    • Gas is $1.00 per gallon more than anywhere else in the US
    • Unlike back home, the guy at 8:30 am at Starbucks wearing a baseball cap and sunglasses who looks like George Clooney really IS George Clooney.
    • You can’t remember … is pot illegal?
    • It’s barely sprinkling rain outside, so you leave for work at least an hour early to avoid all the weather-related accidents.
    • You eat a different ethnic food for every meal.
    • If your destination is more than 5 minutes away on foot, you’re definitely driving.
    • Calling your neighbors requires knowing their area code.
    • You know what “In-’N-Out” is and feel bad for the other states that don’t have any.
    • You don’t stop at a STOP sign, you do a California roll. (No cop, no stop)
    • You go to a tanning salon before you go to the beach.
    • Your have a permanent impression on the side of your head from your cell phone.
    • You call 911 and they put you on hold.
    • You know that if you drive two miles in any direction you will find a McDonald’s or a Starbucks. (seriously, the town next to mine of 20k has 5 Starbucks!  5!)
    • It’s barely sprinkling rain and there’s a report on every news station: “STORM WATCH.”
    • The Terminator was your governor.
    • You say "like" and "for sure" and "right on" and "dude" and "totally" and "peace out" and "chill" and "tight" and "bro" and "hella" and "hecka" and "stoked" and "fo sho" and you say them often 
    • You know 65 mph really means 100.
    • You can get fresh and REAL Mexican food 24 hours a day.
    • 50% humidity is unreasonable 
    Hill specific (to my town) things:

• Bay area people drive you crazy because they drive so slow on roads with turns.  It doesn't matter if it says 25, go 45
    • When you see a cop you know something really bad has happened
    • You know at least 10 pot dealers
    • You know your neighbors have a meth lab or two
    • There are no such thing as sidewalks
    • No one slows down for Squirrels

<?xml:namespace prefix = o />

• You can identify the white power gangs from across the street
    • Everything worth going to is at least 20-30 minutes away, if not longer.
    • Everyone who is under 25 can't wait to leave yet somehow must never do.
    • You hate those idiot (mostly from the city) who drive 70 in the snow just because they have 4x4 
    • Going shooting is a common past time 

I love all these.  For Socal, and mainly LA, it would be that your car payment is more than your rent.  People are really into having nice cars here, but they'll be living in squalor.
  • Options
    There's way too many area codes. 617, 781, 508, 401, 978... Those are the landlines.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    sydaries said:

sydaries said:

daria24 said:

- @buddysmom80

OMG THEY MAKE ME WANT TO RIP MY EYES OUT. I'd only drive downtown if it was an absolute must. It's like "You go to Yale. You're supposed to be smart enough to get in! Even just a little bit!"

I went to college at Albertus Magnus College on Prospect St.(I'll LOVE you if you've heard of it) and I'd be lulled to sleep by the sound of police sirens and gun shots :).

I never got to have Modern or Sally's (Blasphemy, I know). My boss used to get us Abate's for lunch meetings so I grew fond of it. It's all amazing compared to what we call pizza in MA.

I have to take the university shuttle to go to my job to my dentist. Riding with yalies are the best. They lack common sense. Thank goodness this is only twice a year!

I am aware if albertus! I went to southern which is also smack dab in the bad parts of new haven lol.

I'm a nutmegger for life. As much as I bltch about new haven I still love it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options
    @jessalyn2013 - isn't 401 Rhode Island?  I know Western MA is 413.  It's crazy when you start getting into all the new cell phone codes.

• Options
    @kjhowd yes you are right, I was thinking of a customer of mine located in Rehoboth, but that's his cell phone number that starts with 401.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Headed home!  Everybody have a great weekend!

• Options

Ok, Time for Florida (and ladies, my dad is from Leominster, MA, went to college in Worcester, so I am LOVING the MA comments!) I added a few of my own in italics...

You Know you're from Florida if...

"Down South" means Key West.

"Panhandling" means going to Pensacola.

Flip-flops are everyday wear.

Shoes are for business meetings and church.
    No, wait, flip flops are good for church too.

Socks are only for bowling.

Orange juice from concentrate makes you vomit.

Tap water makes you vomit.

Sweet tea can be served at any meal .

An alligator once walked through your neighborhood.

You smirk when a game show's "Grand Prize" is a trip to Florida.

You measure distance in minutes.

You have a drawer full of bathing suits, and one sweatshirt.

You get annoyed at the tourists who feed seagulls.

You never use an umbrella because you know the rain will be over in five
    minutes.

All the local festivals are named after a fruit.

A mountain is any hill 100 feet above sea level.

A good parking place has nothing to do with distance from the store,but
    everything to do with shade.

Your winter coat is made of denim

You can tell the difference between fire ant bites and mosquito bites.

You're younger than thirty but some of your friends are over 65.

You know the four seasons really are: almost summer, summer, not summer
    but really hot, and Christmas.

It's not "pop." It's "soda" or "coke."

Anything under 70 is chilly.

You've attended a hurricane party.

You go to a theme park for an afternoon, and know when to get on the best
    rides. Go in the fall when the tourists are all gone- it's still 85 degrees out!

You understand the futility of exterminating cockroaches.

You can pronounce Okeechobee, Kissimmee, Withlacoochee , Okahumpka and
    Loxahatchee.

You understand why it's better to have a friend with a boat than have a
    boat yourself.

You've driven through Yeehaw Junction.

Bumper stickers on the pickup in front of you include various fish, the
    NRA and a confederate flag.

You were 8 before you realized they made houses without pools.

You were 12 when you first met someone who couldn't swim.

You've worn shorts and used the A/C on Christmas.

You know what the "stingray shuffle" is and why it's important!

You could swim before you could read. Also could swim before you could walk.

You know that no other grocery store can compare to Publix.

Every other house had blue roofs in 2004-2005.

You've gotten out of school early on Halloween to trick or treat before
    it got dark.

You know that anything under a Category 3 just isn't worth waking up for.Actually, nothing under a 4 really. A 3 is just a reason to have a party.

You dread the lovebug seasons.

You are on a first name basis with the Hurricane list.
    They aren't Hurricane Charley, Hurricane Frances...but Charley, Frances,
    Ivan and Jeanne.

You know why flamingos are pink.

You think a six-foot alligator is actually pretty average.

You were twelve before you ever saw snow or you still haven't.

When the northerners complain that 80 is 'so hot', you just stand there
    and smile.

You refer to the seasons as "Tourist Season", "Fire Season" "Hurricane
    Season" and "Mosquito Season"

You know why you give the old people a wide berth on the road.

The left lane isn't for passing. It's for keeping away from senior citizens.

You roll your eyes when folks ask if you live next to Disney World

You have State parks with live mermaids. Yes, I worked there.

You understand the difference between SEC and ACC football, and why you can never root for both conferences.

You know the chances of rain occurring in the summer are directly proportionate to the number of girls in white shirts who forgot their umbrellas at home.

If the AC goes out, Ice Cream is a perfectly acceptable breakfast. Correction- if you wake up and the outside temp is already above 90, ice cream is an acceptable breakfast.

The last thing you want to do in life is get stuck in the Everglades with the boas and the gators fighting over you.

If you don't get sweaty going from the house to the car, it's not humid enough.

You know better than to buy a dark colored car with dark seats.

The heat in your office building does not kick in unless the outside temperature is under 50 degrees.

• Options
    kjhowd said:

Hey yeah! You're right. I say Dartmuth. Hah!

image   imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards