Wedding Etiquette Forum

Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays

1789101113»

Re: Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays

• Haha that actually sounds pretty cool, I'd like that. I feel like you and me are always the last ones left in the evening thread... apparently we don't know how to go to bed at a reasonable hour :)
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yeah, unemployment will do that to you. Not that you're unemployed - I know you're not. But I am lol. 

The really sad thing is that a lot of these ladies are on the other side of the country - so they're like up to 3 hours behind us.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sounds-like-someone-has-a-case-of-the-mondays?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9d6c3f31-4220-4877-bf62-091bc5400098Post:611822f3-be66-4be9-af51-770c00d30898">Re: Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, unemployment will do that to you. Not that you're unemployed - I know you're not. But I am lol.  The really sad thing is that a lot of these ladies are on the other side of the country - so they're like up to 3 hours behind us.
    Posted by pokepoke27[/QUOTE]

Haha I know they are, when they go to bed at like midnight our time, I'm like geez, I could never go to sleep that early. My body just won't do it. I only work 2 days a week right now because the mom at my main job is on maternity leave. I can't wait for her to go back to work, I miss that job and I really miss the money, lol. I was there for 2 hours today watching the older girl, K, who's 18 months old, while the mom took the baby to the doctor. It was great to see her, K is seriously the love of my life.
  • I saw some pictures of the kids you watch. They do look absolutely freaking adorable. 

I wanted to do nanny work, but I couldn't find anyone in time and had to get a crappy retail job. But I'm kind of glad it didn't work out - it would suck leaving them when I move. As it stands I am not leaving too many people behind. Did you find your jobs through care.com?
  • I did, and I also use sittercity.com so I found a few on there as well. I like the layout of care.com better, but both sites worked equally well for me as far as finding jobs. I think K is the only one whose pictures I have up... but I also have pictures of my ex's nephew. I miss him :( (the nephew, lol)

I don't know what I'm going to do when K's family doesn't need me anymore, or if I have to move away if FI goes into the military. I'll be so sad.
  • I would think that if you're with the family long enough for her to not need you you'll still be part of her life. Even if they don't need you full time they'll probably still want you to babysit for a while. And even if you do have to move I'm sure she'd absolutely love a pen pal. 

I have heard from a lot of people that temporary moves with their military spouse was a good experience. It's like, you get to experience living in another country but it's not a permanent thing. Speaking of your FI - has he been better lately, or is he still really stressed?
  • angelstar975angelstar975 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2012
    Most likely, we'd be stationed in the US somewhere, although there is a chance we could go overseas. Honestly, I would die. I cannot be an ocean away from home, I just can't.

Ehh, he was kind of a douche last night so I was kind of happy not to see him tonight. I can't wait for law school and the bar to be over. He's feeling so much pressure right now that every little thing I say, he takes the wrong way. We had a nice night on Saturday, I think it was, but other than that, he's been snippy lately. I know it's temporary, so it's whatever.

Yeah, I'm sure I'll stay in her life to an extent, but it's never exactly the same, ya know? Sometimes it's crazy to me that she's going to grow into a little girl. I remember when she was a 10 week old baby and I've watched her turn into a toddler... I can't even handle the thought of her starting school, haha.
  • Yeah - I bet it's great watching her grow up like that. That's what I really wanted when I was looking for nanny jobs. 

I'm sorry he's being cranky still. It must seem like forever until his bar exam : ( Fortunately I've never been through that. The only thing with us is that sometimes I get really stressed out about stuff, and the fact that he's not here only adds on to it. Then when I am upset or stressed out, he doesn't know how to handle it. When we're together he can comfort me with hugs and cuddles and what not, but when he can't comfort me physically he's lost. I guess he just doesn't know what to say. I'ts seriously annoying.

I also don't think I'd want to move anywhere within the US. I am not looking very forward to going to England - I love where I live. But I also really like a lot of things about where I'm moving (like FI haha). I also always thought I couldn't handle moving so far away from home, but once I was over there for a few months I realised it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. But things are really stressful here, so it was nice to be in a stable environment.
  • How come you're moving there as opposed to him moving here? Does he have a job he doesn't want to leave? I'm just such a homebody and I always have been. I get super homesick on vacation if I'm gone for more than a few days. I miss my house, literally. I miss my bed, I miss my dogs. If I'm gone too long, then I start to miss my mom, lol.

I can kind of get him not knowing what to say, I'm actually not that great with words either. it's much easier for me to try to comfort FI in person than over the phone or text. This might sound lame, but I just read the book The Five Love Languages and it made a ton of sense... I think physical touch is one of my love languages. The book basically states that everyone has 1 main love language (how they express and feel love) out of 5 possible ones. I think I have 2, the other being "quality time." But it sounds like your FI's "love language" is also physical touch. It refers to things like cuddling and hugs, not just sex and stuff, haha.
  • Oh yeah, I know what you mean by physical. And I do understand the difficulty with words and that his "love language" might be phsyical comfort (I really need to read that book btw). I do understand and I do sympathize with that. But when I'm upset and he's not saying anything, the irrational emotional part of me wins over and gets pissed. Which makes me feel guilty afterwards haha.

The reason I'm moving over there is because he owns his own business. He has a degree but he doesn't use it. If he moved here he would have to start at the bottom of some corporate ladder at a job he doesn't even like earning a minimal salary. Plus we'd probably spend a few years living in my parents basement. That just didn't make sense to us - so I decided to move there. He is making good money with his business and he's really happy. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sounds-like-someone-has-a-case-of-the-mondays?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9d6c3f31-4220-4877-bf62-091bc5400098Post:b91e63d9-4e15-49eb-a901-e46f9f2d505a">Re: Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh yeah, I know what you mean by physical. And I do understand the difficulty with words and that his "love language" might be phsyical comfort (I really need to read that book btw). I do understand and I do sympathize with that. But when I'm upset and he's not saying anything, the irrational emotional part of me wins over and gets pissed. Which makes me feel guilty afterwards haha. The reason I'm moving over there is because he owns his own business. He has a degree but he doesn't use it. If he moved here he would have to start at the bottom of some corporate ladder at a job he doesn't even like earning a minimal salary. Plus we'd probably spend a few years living in my parents basement. That just didn't make sense to us - so I decided to move there. He is making good money with his business and he's really happy. 

Those are definitely good reasons to move there. Hopefully you'll be able to visit home often enough. If FI does go military, I really hope we're stationed somewhere like DC or Virgina, so I can drive home fairly easily. If we're on the west coast, I'd have to fly, which is obviously more difficult. In the 4 years he'd be in, hopefully we would only live in one place, maybe two tops. If he deployed, I would definitely come back home and move in with my parents again. That's part of the reason I don't want to have kids immediately... I can't lug a bunch of rugrats back to PA to live in my bedroom at my parent's house :)
    If he ends up just getting a job here, I hope to start TTC within a year of the wedding.

I totally get becoming annoyed when your FI doesn't know what to say to comfort you. Seriously read the book though, it explains things really well and I just think it makes so much sense. I want FI to read it once he's done with school and the bar... I know there's no way he has time to read a book like that right now.
  • One part of me would like to TTC soon after I move, but another part of me would like to spend some alone time with FI for once. He says he wants kids in 10 years, I'm more lik 3 -5. We'll see. 

I'm going to look on amazon right now to see if I can order that book. It sounds like a good read. I would like FI to read something like that, but he doesn't like to read at all. Which is very very sad to me. 

I really would hate to have to move around a lot. After all the years of a LDR I just want a stable, normal life. So I'm with you hoping that he doesn't join the Military : )
  • angelstar975angelstar975 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sounds-like-someone-has-a-case-of-the-mondays?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9d6c3f31-4220-4877-bf62-091bc5400098Post:95c4b8d5-26d9-4094-9df5-b8be85027aea">Re: Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays</a>:
    [QUOTE]One part of me would like to TTC soon after I move, but another part of me would like to spend some alone time with FI for once. He says he wants kids in 10 years, I'm more lik 3 -5. We'll see.  I'm going to look on amazon right now to see if I can order that book. It sounds like a good read. I would like FI to read something like that, but he doesn't like to read at all. Which is very very sad to me.  I really would hate to have to move around a lot. After all the years of a LDR I just want a stable, normal life. So I'm with you hoping that he doesn't join the Military : )

I definitely can't wait 10 years for kids! I also worry if I wait too long, I'll have trouble conceiving, although my mom had us at 32, 35 and 38 so if that runs in familes at all, hopefully I'd be okay. I always wanted to be a younger mom. I had hoped when I was younger to have my first child by 25, but that didn't happen. I now hope to have one by 28, at the latest.

FI doesn't really read for pleasure either, but he agreed to read the book for me, which is nice. Hopefully he'll feel like it makes sense as well.
  • FI really hates reading. He has never read an entire book in his life. Which is crazy because I'm crazy about reading. I definitely don't want to be 30 when I have my first kid. I think he'll be ready before the 10 years though. That's how my dad was. 

I just read the Confront or Not to Confront thread below. It was juicy : p
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sounds-like-someone-has-a-case-of-the-mondays?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9d6c3f31-4220-4877-bf62-091bc5400098Post:691964b3-c3c0-425f-873c-b12c91b42c57">Re: Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays</a>:
    [QUOTE]FI really hates reading. He has never read an entire book in his life. Which is crazy because I'm crazy about reading. I definitely don't want to be 30 when I have my first kid. I think he'll be ready before the 10 years though. That's how my dad was.  I just read the Confront or Not to Confront thread below. It was juicy : p

Ha, wasn't it? If you want more drama, go read "I need help" on Chit Chat. Absolutely ridiculous, if it's not MUD.

Ok, I'm going to head to bed now, goodnight!
  • I'm back.  I only have to be up for work in about 4.5 hours.  I really need to get back on normal schedule.

Angel, one of my friends got me that book as part of my shower gift.  I've been lugging it around on flights for the past 6 months but still haven't gotten around to reading it.  Definitely on my to-do list again!
    imageAnniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards