Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?

Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?

• Options
    I'm so glad to hear that, Trashy! I hate hearing about people having issues. Especially stuff like that. I'm glad y'all are on the right track now. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:0d550981-90a2-4686-b1ad-2fec307ce9db">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I did not grow-up around guns, so I'm not sure what is normal.  Last time they had dinner at our house when we sat down at the table to eat he unclipped it from his belt and put it on the table. that just makes me uncomfortable.
    Posted by kimandjosh22[/QUOTE]

Well since he is cop I am going to assume he knows about gun safety.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:0d550981-90a2-4686-b1ad-2fec307ce9db">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I did not grow-up around guns, so I'm not sure what is normal.  Last time they had dinner at our house when we sat down at the table to eat<strong> he unclipped it from his belt and put it on the table</strong>. that just makes me uncomfortable.

THAT is inappropriate, IMO. But would he do the same in public? None of the officers I know would be comfortable placing their firearm on a table in a public place...
  • Options
    Kim, I think it's ultimately your FFIL's decision about whether he carries or not. I'm wondering more about why your FI won't talk to him?
  • Options
    Sorry, everyone.  Computer malfunction.

I think my friend is honestly just looking forward to having girl time and isn't thinking about the rest.  She has three kids and no friends close by where she and her H live, so she's really excited.  I just don't feel like running around, especially after this past week.  H and I were talking about having some fire spinning people come over on Sunday night when I get home and I'm really looking forward to that.

Nat, I know you didn't mean it like that, but man.  I wish my H had shaped up and put himself in gear before it got to this level.  The grass is always greener, and nobody's relationships is perfect, I know.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    I think FI feels like he knows what FFIL is going to say, but I feel like FFIL should at least know that it makes me uncomfortable.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Cfas I know, but when we try to plan things it falls apart. :-( I never did get to see Anna before she left DC. Sads.

We have season passes to King's Dominion. I don't know if you and your H like amusement parks, but we could totally go.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:5882870a-3c6e-4acc-b650-aeaf5a3f5588">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kim, I think it's ultimately your FFIL's decision about whether he carries or not. I'm wondering more about why your FI won't talk to him?
    Posted by ErinG93[/QUOTE]

Maybe he doesn't really think it's a big deal? Maybe he know it's not really his business? Those are my guesses.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:3536ce2f-2c29-48d0-9429-d3a2fe8d2248">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm so glad to hear that, Trashy! I hate hearing about people having issues. Especially stuff like that. I'm glad y'all are on the right track now. 
    Posted by LDYGTR13[/QUOTE]

Thanks :) It has been a heck of a lot of hard work, and I still get pretty sad that our first 7-8 months as newlyweds pretty much sucked. But I can see us being even stronger in the future.
  • Options
    eoreaeorea member
    First Comment
    Erin, I am never around early enough. When I do make it to an evening thread everyone is already gone. :( I mainly just lurk. I  miss posting.

Cfas, The documentary was before the show. They look so young. Zak doesn't have all the muscle. Aaron is actually really scared. He doesn't even want to do the investigation. It's a good watch. A little slow but really creepy. I think they have it on Netflix.
  • Options
    LoopysevenLoopyseven member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited June 2012
    Hiya.  I found M&M cookies - at Panera.  I feel better nonw :).  

H will be home later tonight.  I should probably go clean up the apartment.  But I think I'll procrastinate it a little longer :).  
  • Options
    angelstar975angelstar975 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:21ca04a2-7dc8-49c1-b853-7b5b5178faa0">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think FI feels like he knows what FFIL is going to say, but <strong>I feel like FFIL should at least know that it makes me uncomfortable.
    </strong>Posted by kimandjosh22[/QUOTE]

I agree with this. I don't know why your FI can't just say, "Dad, I'm not going to tell you what to do, but I do want you to know that Kim is pretty uncomfortable about the idea of anyone carrying a gun at the wedding." or something to that effect.

ETA - Maybe it's just an "I don't get it" on my part, but I fail to see why he HAS to have his gun on him at the wedding.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Nope wasn't trying to get anyone too riled up, just everyone seemed so bored. I've been flamed (rightly so) for stupid newb questions. So joining in: Saw all 6 Star Wars movies at Christmas...MEH. I think Ewoks are cute.

Never seen Dirty dancing, so watching a remake doesn't interest me either. Liked Footloose with Kevin Bacon, again no desire to watch a remake.
    October 2012 December Siggy: Favourite Wedding Picture
    PIC_281copy1 Anniversary
  • Options
    Fluck.  It's storming again.  I'm so over thunderstorms.  Last night I was supposed to ride, and then it was storming with tornado warnings.  Today it was supposed to be sunny and hot, and it was until five minutes ago.  Now it's raining and storming again.  It better clear up before four.  I need to ride! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I love Panera's M&M cookies.  Since we moved Panera is now 2 minutes away instead of 35 minutes.  I like being in a bigger city, but it makes it very easy to spend all my (well, really, H's) money.
  • Options
    Confession:  I want to start TTC now.  I have had some serious cervical issues and H had testicular cancer when he was 19, so it scares me shiiiitless that we may not be able to have kids.  But I'd rather know now then wait to find out. 

On those same lines, it freaks me out thinking about having a baby, because I have no maternal instincts to speak of.  I feel really uncomfortable holding other peoples kids, but I am hoping that changes when we do get a little one.
  • Options
    I only skimmed over the gun at the wedding stuff, but my take on it is this:  unless this wedding is some kind of high-security affair, or total down-home redneck/mountain people hitchin', why does anyone feel the need to be packing a loaded weapon?  I would definitely be nervous. 

Anniversary
  • Options
    SpartanCatSpartanCat member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:a5288a95-d4a9-4926-b021-9c13e38a85ab">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh! And anyone has hasn't seen/doesn't like Star Wars (the originals) has something wrong with them.
    Posted by cfaszews25[/QUOTE]

<div>This!</div><div>P.s. Wow I just realized how many pages I didn't read before I replied lol.</div>

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:430c99c5-de77-4b7c-8904-cc789f311339">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something? : I agree with this. I don't know why your FI can't just say, "Dad, I'm not going to tell you what to do, but I do want you to know that Kim is pretty uncomfortable about the idea of anyone carrying a gun at the wedding." or something to that effect. ETA - <strong>Maybe it's just an "I don't get it" on my part, but I fail to see why he HAS to have his gun on him at the wedding.</strong>
    Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]

This is where I feel like i'm stuck too.  I don't see why it is a necessary thing, especially if it makes me and my family uncomfortable.
  • Options
    Cfas - that cookie was delicious.  I'll go back next time I want one.  It's easy to go there regularly since it's in the shopping plaza behind my apartment complex.  There's a Qdoba in there too so I'm all set.  (also a Noodles & Co, but I'm not impressed).
  • Options
    Now I want to go home and make giant M & M cookies.  Not sure why. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:7dd847c6-c18f-4fb3-bb40-47791266efb3">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something? : Ha now I'm REALLY nervous :)
    Posted by NicoleSahara[/QUOTE]

Don't be.  There are muscles there.  I'm sure that there's a technique in figuring it out.  It was my first time.  I hope that it goes well for you!

(Gosh, I hope that I'm not coming off like crazy KK with things stuck up my va-jay-jay)
  • Options
    I love how many lurkers and newbs are coming out today! 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:6922590f-f8b8-4742-a737-46bf9cdd36fc">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I only skimmed over the gun at the wedding stuff, but my take on it is this:  unless this wedding is some kind of high-security affair, or total down-home redneck/mountain people hitchin', why does anyone feel the need to be packing a loaded weapon?  I would definitely be nervous. 
    Posted by AbbeyS2011[/QUOTE]

The wedding is at a B&B in a little town in Vermont...i don't see why carrying a loaded weapon is a necessity. But FI keeps telling me FFIL will say it is.
  • Options
    Loopy I love their iced shortbread cookies that are normally in shapes. They're sooo good, but sooo bad for me.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:d7ca15d9-bae4-463b-b253-ae1da896bf68">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Confession:  I want to start TTC now.  I have had some serious cervical issues and H had testicular cancer when he was 19, so it scares me shiiiitless that we may not be able to have kids.  But I'd rather know now then wait to find out.  On those same lines, it freaks me out thinking about having a baby, because I have no maternal instincts to speak of.  I feel really uncomfortable holding other peoples kids, but I am hoping that changes when we do get a little one.
    Posted by gurrlballa10[/QUOTE]

The only good reason to TTC in my opinion, is because you want a baby now. It doesn't sound like you actually want a baby now. I think it's better to find out later that you can't conceive than it is to bring a baby into the world that you're not ready for. It sounds like if it were not for those issues, no way would you be trying now.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:6fdb3e5e-60d4-4126-b78a-4125e2a9c07a">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something? : This is where I feel like i'm stuck too.  I don't see why it is a necessary thing, especially if it makes me and my family uncomfortable.

It is probably a security issue on his part. The shiiit they have to deal with day in and day out   makes them pretty paranoid.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    ok...now I want a cookie.  Boss is out of the country 'til the 28th...I guess I could just leave
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:a9387db4-70a3-4eb1-9830-a8147f00b96c">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something? : The only good reason to TTC in my opinion, is because you want a baby now. It doesn't sound like you actually want a baby now. I think it's better to find out later that you can't conceive than it is to bring a baby into the world that you're not ready for. It sounds like if it were not for those issues, no way would you be trying now.

I agree. I don't want a kid now. We don't know if we'll have fertility issues (we shouldn't, but you just never know), but I won't be TTGP just because we might.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:a9387db4-70a3-4eb1-9830-a8147f00b96c">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something? : The only good reason to TTC in my opinion, is because you want a baby now. It doesn't sound like you actually want a baby now. I think it's better to find out later that you can't conceive than it is to bring a baby into the world that you're not ready for. It sounds like if it were not for those issues, no way would you be trying now.

I do want a baby now...sorry if that came off that way.  It's just those two issues are always on the forefront of my mind.  We have both discussed it, and while we aren't currently trying, it will happen regardless in the next few months.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards