Wedding Etiquette Forum

Sunday Night

Re: Sunday Night

• heb557heb557 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Adamar that's good news. How's Adamars eye?
    We're Married!! And I couldn't be happier!
  • I usually get jeans dubbed as "short" depending on where I get them.  I'm a 30 in inseam.
    knotsigpicture Anniversary
  • I'm glad that worked out Adamar. 
  • heb557heb557 member
    I have no idea what inseam I am. My jeans always fit like poo. I guess I should fix that, or the love handles that have make them fit horribly.
  • I took a fashion class in HS and we had to measure our proportions to see how proportional we are. Theoretically, all four sections of your body should be equal. My leg sections were 20 inches each and my torso was 13 inches hahaha.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-night-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a021d06f-3c95-441a-a169-fce2a09490b8Post:c1e4e3a1-5d4a-49a4-808d-c85ec62da94d">Re:Sunday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]I took a fashion class in HS and we had to measure our proportions to see how proportional we are. Theoretically, all four sections of your body should be equal. My leg sections were 20 inches each and my torso was 13 inches hahaha.
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

<div>So basically they told you that you were a mutant of sorts. Great for the teenage self-esteem, I'm sure. ; )</div>
  • Heb you should try a pair of Silver jeans. They are on the pricier side, between 70 and 95 usually. But totally worth it. They come in like every inseam and style.
  • A fashion class actually sounds kind of fun.
  • Are people still here? Adamar, I'm glad your uncle is staying put for now. Hopefully this won't happen again before you can get the garage ready. I'd still try to make that a priority though! I'm a size 2 or 3 or 26 in pants. I don't know my exact inseam but I think I like pants that have a 32 inch inseam. I can wear heels with them, but can usually still wear flats too.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Heb, his eye seemed a little less puffy tonight.  My mom had some antibiotic stuff to put in it, so we'll see how it is tomorrow.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • heb557heb557 member
    Thanks for the reccommendation Musu. I'll look into them. I never wore designer clothing until I met H. I only used to wear Delias clothing. But they are becoming a little to tight now. They had a good run of 5 years or more..
  • heb557heb557 member
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-night-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a021d06f-3c95-441a-a169-fce2a09490b8Post:732141d7-7187-4a27-aee2-ef8e4cb45064">Re: Sunday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]Heb, his eye seemed a little less puffy tonight.  My mom had some antibiotic stuff to put in it, so we'll see how it is tomorrow.
    Posted by adamar15[/QUOTE]

<div>Well that's good to hear.</div>
  • Silver jeans are at Macy's, Maurice's, and the Buckle if you have any of those around. I'm sure other places too.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-night-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a021d06f-3c95-441a-a169-fce2a09490b8Post:3057bb4d-c0c5-40da-8ac4-9699e01e9c88">Re:Sunday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Sunday Night : So basically they told you that you were a mutant of sorts. Great for the teenage self-esteem, I'm sure. ; )
    Posted by willywally5[/QUOTE]

<div>I'd rather be measured than weighed in front of the entire gym class. Which is what they wanted me to do in middle school. I was like yeah, no. I already get bullied. No one else needs to know my weight. I mean, they didn't shout it out or anything, but they had several scales next to each other so there was a high possibility of someone else seeing the number. They called my mom because of my "defiant" behavior. They didn't get very far, she really biiitched them out when she heard they wanted me to do.</div>
  • Heb, Nerdy Girl (My middle daughter) is obsessed with Delia's. Last year that was pretty much the only store we hit up for back-to-school. CUTE stuff.
  • heb557heb557 member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-night-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a021d06f-3c95-441a-a169-fce2a09490b8Post:372bfc31-8ef8-49a6-a0f1-e1bcf51127dd">Re:Sunday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]Silver jeans are at Macy's, Maurice's, and the Buckle if you have any of those around. I'm sure other places too.
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

<div>We have all three by us. I'll be looking at Macy's I have a 20% off coupon that I may or may not be able to use. Thanks!</div>
  • Poke, my school did that too. I hated height/weight day. I was a normal weight, but I had typical teenaged low self esteem, so I wanted nothing to do with that.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • heb557heb557 member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-night-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a021d06f-3c95-441a-a169-fce2a09490b8Post:f11bf348-99aa-409f-a9cc-9d96e206ed80">Re: Sunday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]Heb, Nerdy Girl (My middle daughter) is obsessed with Delia's. Last year that was pretty much the only store we hit up for back-to-school. CUTE stuff.
    Posted by willywally5[/QUOTE]

<div>I used to work there when I was in high school, and I loved it. Their jeans were the shizz until I hit the legal drinking age.</div>
  • Guys, this just royally pissed me off.
    http://manolobrides.com/2012/07/29/worst-reason-ever/#more-11722
    A couple's pastor refused to marry them in the church they were members of because they are black-another church member complained. Disgusting.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I don't think I was ever weighed in school.
  • Holy sh!t that announcer for the swimming relay was a huge biotch.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-night-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a021d06f-3c95-441a-a169-fce2a09490b8Post:3834ed9c-7cc9-4372-b5f8-007beb2e28d5">Re: Sunday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't think I was ever weighed in school.
    Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE]

<div>Me neither!  That seems pretty traumatizing.  I think we had to do the scoliosis test, but I'm pretty sure my mom wrote me a note for that.</div>
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-night-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a021d06f-3c95-441a-a169-fce2a09490b8Post:ecfbc4ea-1485-46cc-bdd1-14259aa293b7">Re:Sunday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]Poke, my school did that too. I hated height/weight day. I was a normal weight, but I had typical teenaged low self esteem, so I wanted nothing to do with that.
    Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]

<div>Thankfully, because I never participated in sports/PE in junior high/high school, I never had to deal with that.  I did in elementary school, but I don't remember if it bothered me or not.  </div><div>
    </div>
    knotsigpicture Anniversary
  • What did she say meg? I must have missed it. Heb usually the silver brand is in the juniors section in Macy's, which will help you narrow your search when you get in.
  • heb557heb557 member
    Musu- I looked online and I really like the looks of them. I'll let you know how they work out.  thanks!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-night-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a021d06f-3c95-441a-a169-fce2a09490b8Post:ce74652b-b51e-4ca5-99ed-489e583089b7">Re: Sunday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Night : Me neither!  That seems pretty traumatizing.  I think we had to do the scoliosis test, but I'm pretty sure my mom wrote me a note for that.
    Posted by adamar15[/QUOTE]

<div>If I wasn't overweight and bullied already it wouldn't have been so bad. </div><div>
    </div><div>In HS the gym class had a weight loss program you could sign up for. They would weigh you at the start and end of each semester so you could see your progress. But the weighing would be in a room with just you and the coach. And it was optional. </div>
  • I remember the scoliosis test though.
  • SPOILER ALERT!!!!!! She asked Lochte what happened In the last straightaway which seemed kind of stupid to ask. And then the guys were being really supportive of each other, like it's no ones fault...and she kept prying. One guy said, we're still young, we can come back and get gold again. And she said "Well maybe not phelps...." ok lady. Yeah he's talked about retiring since he was like 23 but he's only 27 right now and still young. Idk her attitude sucked and I just can't stand announcers who have never competed competitively ever. I totally agree with whoever earlier said its asinine when they act like they know what the athletes are thinking. Do you have millions of people watching you and only you compete at the highst level possible? No? Have you ever? No? Then you don't know. Stfu.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-night-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a021d06f-3c95-441a-a169-fce2a09490b8Post:7b74010b-3972-4568-b577-95629c25225e">Re: Sunday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do you have millions of people watching you and only you compete at the highst level possible? No? Have you ever? No? Then you don't know. Stfu.
    Posted by Megbo2012[/QUOTE]

<div>Haha, good point. I remember when I did competitive cheeleading and the only thing on my mind before going on stage was "Dear God I hope I don't forget something" even though we'd practiced the routine thousands of times. </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards