Snarky Brides
Options

AYG/TK confessions/I Judge

Re: AYG/TK confessions/I Judge

• Options
    I kind of judge everyone who is complaining about how SB has just become a giant pity party. It is true that you can't prevent other people for posting that stuff. But you can start threads of your own to try and discuss things that do interest you. Then the balance could be shifted back to a happy medium. I get that people have limited time/thread topics, but it seems odd to complain and then not try and change it. Flame away.

I seriously judge my downstairs neighbors for refusing to let the monthly exterminator into their apartment. Because they have been refusing preventative measures, they have developed a major bug problem, which is starting to affect our (obnoxiously clean) apartment.
  • Options
    raynesraynes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I like cats.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    marateamaratea member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    Ha! Well your post is also applicable to this thread, so you're good. And, Vienna?? As in Austria?? Eastern Europe?? So what do those people think Romania and Moldova are?
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    i dont have anything to change it to :( i will try to find something but my options seem limited right now.
  • Options
    You can also adblock it in Firefox or Chrome, KD.  (sorry Nebb)
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • Options
    annakb8annakb8 member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aygtk-confessionsi-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9b97e0e8-7124-48f3-a670-9f6e9fb4b3d1Post:0a649d83-9be5-414a-b177-5b13283c08b3">Re: AYG/TK confessions/I Judge</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ha! Well your post is also applicable to this thread, so you're good. And, Vienna?? As in Austria?? Eastern Europe?? So what do those people think Romania and Moldova are?
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they want to go to Vienna, Prague, Bratislava, and Budapest. Not Eastern in my book.

They probably don't even know where Romania or Moldova are.
  • Options
    marateamaratea member
    Yeah I think of those places as more central Europe, I guess. Would Macedonia be considered eastern or central? Regardless, I want to go there. H is all "no! it's war torn." This may be true (I don't really know if he's lying or not), but I still want to visit.
  • Options
    annakb8annakb8 member
    First Comment
    Macedonia is hard because it's kind of Balkan (which I consider Eastern) but also so close to Greece which is kind of it's own thing. We'll call it Southern Europe, ok?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aygtk-confessionsi-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9b97e0e8-7124-48f3-a670-9f6e9fb4b3d1Post:4d444cf5-62f6-43f7-a12e-c845971bdc33">Re: AYG/TK confessions/I Judge</a>:
    [QUOTE]You can also adblock it in Firefox or Chrome, KD.  (sorry Nebb)
    Posted by Night_Sprite[/QUOTE]

Dont have that, but thanks Night. I've never had a problem with any of the other ones but that one gives me a headache for some reason.

Thanks for trying Nebb. I will be forever yours!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aygtk-confessionsi-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9b97e0e8-7124-48f3-a670-9f6e9fb4b3d1Post:5aae0774-7b04-4500-b27e-d08c1332b9f8">Re: AYG/TK confessions/I Judge</a>:
    [QUOTE]F'n TK is going all wonky on me with quoting... OBX, cool your jets. This is an AYG. And I really don't think I came off as being all ZOMGYOUSUCKATLIFE. If you took it that way, I'm sorry. I was simply stating an observation. AKA my opinion. Whether you interact directly with me or not, that doesn't limit my ability to read what's posted here. And yes, I do think that it seems like you want to be all love-festy a lot of the time. Which is fine if that's what you want to do. For me, it's a bit over the top.
    Posted by neelynicole[/QUOTE]

I get that this is an AYG but for you to think that I'm all "ass-kissy" is a bit offensive when I don't even know who you are and vice versa.  It takes a pretty bold person to pop in out of the blue and tell someone how they feel about another person when our paths have never crossed before. 

I think you have a lot of nerve saying that to me when you haven't taken the time to get to know me.  Have you only read my posts on SB or on other boards too?  Trust me, there are plenty that aren't "ass-kissey" and a few were downright rude and probably hurtful.

This is the same exact thing as my first posts on SB when I was calling people biitches without even knowing them.  As you can see, I took the time to get to know some of these ladies and feel completely different from when I first said that. 

• Options
    IMO I don't see OBX as trying to hard at all. I think she is just energetic and excitable in conversation.
  • Options
    marateamaratea member
    Southern sounds good. We know an older lady who is from Macedonia and I wish she would tell us more about it, but I don't think she likes to talk about it because she left the country with her husband during WWII and for some reason, they had a hard time getting to the States. I wish I knew other people who have been there because I would like to visit someday, but want some firsthand stories.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aygtk-confessionsi-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9b97e0e8-7124-48f3-a670-9f6e9fb4b3d1Post:1541b3e9-b8ab-4da8-8fff-f8fc8cfaaaf3">Re: AYG/TK confessions/I Judge</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like cats.
    Posted by raynes[/QUOTE]

What a coincidence! Me Too!

I keep trying to talk DH into letting me get another one. Looking at your blog yesterday I realized your little stray looks just like my Tobie.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I hate cats.  They always attack me.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    annakb8annakb8 member
    First Comment
    Well Mara, if your H wont go to Macedonia with you I will. I think it sounds very interesting.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aygtk-confessionsi-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9b97e0e8-7124-48f3-a670-9f6e9fb4b3d1Post:3d9caf0b-b3af-4f41-a77e-31c1aadeb263">Re: AYG/TK confessions/I Judge</a>:
    [QUOTE]I kind of judge everyone who is complaining about how SB has just become a giant pity party. It is true that you can't prevent other people for posting that stuff. But you can start threads of your own to try and discuss things that do interest you. Then the balance could be shifted back to a happy medium. I get that people have limited time/thread topics, but it seems odd to complain and then not try and change it. Flame away. I seriously judge my downstairs neighbors for refusing to let the monthly exterminator into their apartment. Because they have been refusing preventative measures, they have developed a major bug problem, which is starting to affect our (obnoxiously clean) apartment.
    Posted by OutOfTheBlue612[/QUOTE]

Dude, that blows.  I lived on the third floor of an apartment building for three years before marrying Ben and one summer/fall, I had a ridic bug problem.  They were coming UP from the unit below.  God only knows what horrors were going on down there.  I was always spraying Raid and shiit all over the place and airing out my apartment.  Miserable.
    panther
  • Options
    raynesraynes member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aygtk-confessionsi-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9b97e0e8-7124-48f3-a670-9f6e9fb4b3d1Post:cb1618a0-4538-41c0-9d31-c6b3c3c9bab1">Re: AYG/TK confessions/I Judge</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG/TK confessions/I Judge : What a coincidence! Me Too! I keep trying to talk DH into letting me get another one. Looking at your blog yesterday I realized your little stray looks just like my Tobie.
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

That's the joy of tabbies, they alllll look like sibblings.  Chloe (the little one with white) has started sleeping on our closet on a pile of clothes/towels at night.  I guess that's better than in the middle of the hallway?  My cats are weird.  But then again, so are Derek and I.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aygtk-confessionsi-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9b97e0e8-7124-48f3-a670-9f6e9fb4b3d1Post:5bb8f384-b35e-4c4a-84e6-0d70ff21d0c6">Re: AYG/TK confessions/I Judge</a>:
    [QUOTE]IMO I don't see OBX as trying to hard at all. I think she is just energetic and excitable in conversation.
    Posted by undyingmizery[/QUOTE]

I agree with this. Trying to hard at first, yes, but not anymore.

Blue, Whisky won't attack you. He will love you forever and ever.
  • Options
    OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aygtk-confessionsi-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9b97e0e8-7124-48f3-a670-9f6e9fb4b3d1Post:5bb8f384-b35e-4c4a-84e6-0d70ff21d0c6">Re: AYG/TK confessions/I Judge</a>:
    [QUOTE]IMO I don't see OBX as trying to hard at all. I think she is just <strong>energetic and excitable in conversation.
    </strong>Posted by undyingmizery[/QUOTE]

THIS exactly. 

....as I bounce on a ball in the corner.....

• Options
    marateamaratea member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aygtk-confessionsi-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9b97e0e8-7124-48f3-a670-9f6e9fb4b3d1Post:9f114d37-68ec-4b30-a2da-487eb29bd342">Re: AYG/TK confessions/I Judge</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well Mara, if your H wont go to Macedonia with you I will. I think it sounds very interesting.
    Posted by annakb8[/QUOTE]
    Yay! Do you also want to go to the WW of Harry Potter? 'Cause H won't go there either.
  • Options
    raynesraynes member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aygtk-confessionsi-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9b97e0e8-7124-48f3-a670-9f6e9fb4b3d1Post:c8745db1-212f-4d8b-b5fd-5a65d4c9977a">Re: AYG/TK confessions/I Judge</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG/TK confessions/I Judge : I agree with this. Trying to hard at first, yes, but not anymore. Blue, Whisky won't attack you. He will love you forever and ever.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

Chloe won't attack you either.  She will more than likely lick your hand.
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    did you know its zombie awareness month? be prepared!!
  • Options
    annakb8annakb8 member
    First Comment
    Why yes Mara, I DO want to go to the WWoHP.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aygtk-confessionsi-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9b97e0e8-7124-48f3-a670-9f6e9fb4b3d1Post:0a649d83-9be5-414a-b177-5b13283c08b3">Re: AYG/TK confessions/I Judge</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ha! Well your post is also applicable to this thread, so you're good. And, Vienna?? As in Austria?? Eastern Europe?? So what do those people think Romania and Moldova are?

The Middle East.  Duh. 

• Options
    marateamaratea member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aygtk-confessionsi-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9b97e0e8-7124-48f3-a670-9f6e9fb4b3d1Post:5cd2ae23-c71c-492e-aa0a-003838ed6b39">Re: AYG/TK confessions/I Judge</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG/TK confessions/I Judge : The Middle East.  Duh. 
    Posted by marriedfilingjointly[/QUOTE]
    This would not surprise me at all.

And OMG your dog is so cute.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aygtk-confessionsi-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9b97e0e8-7124-48f3-a670-9f6e9fb4b3d1Post:25def8fb-2156-46b4-878a-f021bd7f2204">Re: AYG/TK confessions/I Judge</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG/TK confessions/I Judge : I get that this is an AYG but for you to think that I'm all "ass-kissy" is a bit offensive when I don't even know who you are and vice versa.  It takes a pretty bold person to pop in out of the blue and tell someone how they feel about another person when our paths have never crossed before.  I think you have a lot of nerve saying that to me when you haven't taken the time to get to know me.  Have you only read my posts on SB or on other boards too?  Trust me, there are plenty that aren't "ass-kissey" and a few were downright rude and probably hurtful. This is the same exact thing as my first posts on SB when I was calling people biitches without even knowing them.  As you can see, I took the time to get to know some of these ladies and feel completely different from when I first said that. 
    Posted by OBX2011[/QUOTE]

Again, I'm sorry if you took it as a complete affront to who you are as a person. I (again) don't think that I came off that way. But hey, it's the 'net. I get that.

All I said, was that for ME, you come off as trying too hard. Others might not see it that way.Which is fine. For ONE person to have a small flame for you, that's not the end of the world. Just take it with a grain of salt.

And no, I don't TK stalk you. I read what I read, and I voiced an opinion. That's all.
  • Options
    My coworker is bragging about squeezing a 13 year olds neck so hard he's scared of her on Easter because he threw a peep at her.  I flame that.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aygtk-confessionsi-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9b97e0e8-7124-48f3-a670-9f6e9fb4b3d1Post:f13a7271-e763-4283-a9b1-a0a0d8231ab3">Re: AYG/TK confessions/I Judge</a>:
    [QUOTE]did you know its zombie awareness month? be prepared!!
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

I did know this! I have my awareness magnet on the fridge lol.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aygtk-confessionsi-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9b97e0e8-7124-48f3-a670-9f6e9fb4b3d1Post:4fdf7906-00c3-45ba-bc56-b633197ff3f8">Re: AYG/TK confessions/I Judge</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG/TK confessions/I Judge : This would not surprise me at all. And OMG your dog is so cute.

Thanks!

Speaking of  the Middle East, aka, Romania, there was this total hottie in college from Romania.  He played tennis.  I had the hugest biggest secretest crush on him.  I about cried when I came back to school one fall and he was dating one of my sorority sisters.

• Options
    raynesraynes member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aygtk-confessionsi-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9b97e0e8-7124-48f3-a670-9f6e9fb4b3d1Post:f13a7271-e763-4283-a9b1-a0a0d8231ab3">Re: AYG/TK confessions/I Judge</a>:
    [QUOTE]did you know its zombie awareness month? be prepared!!
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

I just discovered this after lunch while reading my Think Geek newsletter.  You need <u><a href="http://fitnessista.com/the-fitnessista-cookbook/the-breakfast-cookie/" target="_blank">this book</a></u> Nebbster.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards