Wedding Etiquette Forum

Tuesday Night

Re: Tuesday Night

• Daff, that sounds good!!  Not too much involvement, but still helping.  I was thinking about doing something like that when we get to Tennessee.  So many dogs come from the South, that I'm sure the rescues could use some sort of help.  I don't think that I could foster, but maybe walking or puppysitting.
  • I love this made up compound.  Can I visit?  I'm still (happily) childless, and I have a silly-looking dog and (starting tomorrow) two adorable kittens. Of course, if I showed up, I'd walk into all those sharp objects (my legs like to hit every sharp corner in any room), so I'd be a bruise-covered saddie.
  • Daff, after you mentioned about volunteering for a rescue I decided to look up the rescue I volunteered at in HS. I made the mistake of looking at the available dogs and fell in love with one of them. And this is why I can't volunteer for them anymore. In HS my parents were there to tell me "No more pets!".
  • In Response to Re:Tuesday Night:[QUOTE]Oh, and note to self do NOT leave a bag of liver treats for dogs in your car for the afternoon when it's 112 out.nbsp; Holy hell did that stink.nbsp; Posted by Girlie1030[/QUOTE] My mom, a vet tech and dog trainer, she makes a lot of her own treats our of liver and butcher shop leftovers. Then she leaves said nasty treats in her car all the time. It smells like rotten death.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Hi guys! My neck and shoulders are killing me right now. I was at my desk at work all day and the chair doesn't go high enough for me to type without getting my shoulders all hunched. And then I had to make about 400 phone calls. Yikes. I just ate some delicious spaghetti, which makes me feel much better.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_tuesday-night-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f40d1f47-34e9-443c-9f31-1bb40c4cc3fbPost:3474bad8-02ab-4ece-903c-b87575e12ec4">Re: Tuesday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]Daff, that sounds good!!  Not too much involvement, but still helping.  I was thinking about doing something like that when we get to Tennessee.  So many dogs come from the South, that I'm sure the rescues could use some sort of help.  I don't think that I could foster, but maybe walking or puppysitting.
    Posted by MattsPenguin[/QUOTE]
    Yeah, and there's no minimum time commitment required so I can just do it whenever. I don't think we can foster, at least not at this point, since Rufus has made it very clear that he wants to be the only dog.
  • Of course you can visit, Mica.  Do you want to stay in the velvet padded walls wing to spare your legs?
  • i want sympathy because I'm in horrific pain!

That blood blister on the back of my leg is severely infected according to my doctor and I have to see a surgeon in the morning.

Tell me that they won't amputate my leg!

and pass the wine

TYVM
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_tuesday-night-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f40d1f47-34e9-443c-9f31-1bb40c4cc3fbPost:e27a93fc-9f86-467a-9d21-34b4327b9e5b">Re: Tuesday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]Daff, after you mentioned about volunteering for a rescue I decided to look up the rescue I volunteered at in HS. I made the mistake of looking at the available dogs and fell in love with one of them. And this is why I can't volunteer for them anymore. In HS my parents were there to tell me "No more pets!".
    Posted by ArynBaker[/QUOTE]
    Haha, sorry!

I'd better not fall in love with any of them. I just want to do something to help.
  • Got distracted by some cinnamon toast. I'm praying it digests correctly. 

LEISEL. MY GOD LADY. I basically fell head over heels in love with your wedding pictures. 
  • yeesh.  Drink some more wine, oot.  That'll make it better.
  • Poor oot.  Drink some wine.  Wine fixes everything.
  • They are extraordinarily fancy drapes.  No one ever said I didn't like my wedding photos dramatic.
  • Yes, please.  I think I need the velvet area.
  • Aryn, back away from the adoptable pets!!!  I was looking at Petfinder last night.  WHY!? WHY!?  I want them all!!
  • In Response to Re:Tuesday Night:[QUOTE]Got distracted by some cinnamon toast. I'm praying it digests correctly.nbsp;LEISEL. MY GOD LADY. I basically fell head over heels in love with your wedding pictures.nbsp; Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

Well aren't you sweet, thank you!
  • I don't blame you, Muni. I liked drama in my photos too. Hence the reason I chose a rather dramatic setting entirely, haha. 

That sounds painful, OOT. :(
  • Hm, maybe I'll get a cat. I think I could be a cat person if they didn't come with litter boxes. I like having two pets. Sasha is great and all but she pretty much just sits there when I'm home. 
  • wine

great idea!
  • Mica, you can come hang out with me and Daff in the velvet padded walls wing.

ETA: MUNI beat me.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_tuesday-night-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f40d1f47-34e9-443c-9f31-1bb40c4cc3fbPost:98266806-2362-4ad9-84bf-0af9be0a78c1">Re: Tuesday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]Aryn, back away from the adoptable pets!!!  I was looking at Petfinder last night.  WHY!? WHY!?  I want them all!!
    Posted by MattsPenguin[/QUOTE]

<div>Ah, thanks MP! I needed that! </div>
  • Seriously, Leisel. I actually sent the link to my mom in an email because I was like OMGwtfbbq look at how gorgeous this lady is and her wedding. Haha. 
  • Yikes, oot, I hope you feel better and I hope your appointment with the surgeon goes well.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'll show you the absolutely adorable dog that I feel in love with but really shouldn't get. 

• Haha musu, that just made my day! My mom literally sent the link out in a mass email to pretty much everyone she knows and my dad has been showing the pics off at work. They're cracking me up.
  • Leisel, wow.  You and your wedding are/were gorgeous.

• Aryn, that dog is ugly, and it smells, and I bet it has fleas.

YW.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • He's really cute.  He might make Sasha nuts though.  Jack Russells are...energetic.
  • I don't blame them Leisel! My mom likes wedding stuff so I knew she would appreciate it, and she knows about my TK life so she understood, haha. 
  • mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2012
    That is a seriously cute pup, Aryn.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards