Wedding Etiquette Forum

FFF

Re: FFF

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-97?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:99bd8be1-e439-4dd8-9082-1789d0df1860Post:3362225d-362a-41e6-9f13-091ae7673577">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : Fine by me. You think I am a baby-poop loving thunderdouche. I think you are a baby-hating jerkoff. Happy to live with that :)
    Posted by Starmusica[/QUOTE]
    I don't think you love baby poop. Again, you're being ridiculous.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-97?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:99bd8be1-e439-4dd8-9082-1789d0df1860Post:e9e27f5b-e4bb-4161-98ba-54951bde5623">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wait ... the Miami zombie wasn't on bath salts? So what, he just decided that the dude's face looked tasty?
    Posted by cfaszews25[/QUOTE]

Nope, no bath salts were found in his system.  The only drug they found was pot and I've never heard of the munchies getting so bad that someone ate someone else's face off.  Zombie dude is obviously dead and as far as I know the victim isn't gving a reason as to why it happened so I don't know if we'll ever find out why it happened.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-97?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:99bd8be1-e439-4dd8-9082-1789d0df1860Post:bca28303-df24-4139-8ebb-801d6cc8b159">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : Mara - I like the term "tragedy whorish".
    Posted by daffodil_jill[/QUOTE]
    It's a common affliction when bad shitt like this happens.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-97?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:99bd8be1-e439-4dd8-9082-1789d0df1860Post:b98cb4af-43a4-485d-9569-fb63183b1d9c">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : I don't think you love baby poop. Again, you're being ridiculous.
    Posted by daffodil_jill[/QUOTE]

It was a joke. Sorry- I don't take the internet that seriously.

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • Wow. I totally missed macegate, but Steffi, if you were using mace on my dog you'd have MUCH bigger problems than my dog harrassing your animals. I promise you that. You're a maniac.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I don't generally worry about dogs chasing my horses.  They have four legs.  They can take care of a dog pretty quickly if they really want to. 

I'd be hella pissed if somene used bear spray on my dog. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • NuggetBrainNuggetBrain member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-97?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:99bd8be1-e439-4dd8-9082-1789d0df1860Post:1acebd55-fd09-44a5-99df-3dc60aa1a9fc">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]My mom just called and we were talking about the shooting.  She was reading an article to me and read "a 3 month old was among those hurt.... why the hell was a 3 month old at a midnight movie?"  Clearly many people think the same thing.  But I will tell my mom she is flamed.
    Posted by Beachy730[/QUOTE]

I flame this.  What the hell does it have to do with anything?  It was a movie at midnight, not a rave at 3 in the morning.  I'm sure the parents are traumatized enough right now without random internet people deciding to rail on them because of their "bad parenting skills".

It's somehow the parents' fault that some nutbag decided to shoot up a theater?  Because that sure as hell is what it's implying.  Otherwise WHY even bring it up in the context of this shooting.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-97?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:99bd8be1-e439-4dd8-9082-1789d0df1860Post:96115a37-28ab-404d-b71d-35e8e990ea60">Re:FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:FFF : Well that's hardly the reason the numbers aren't right. Yes, of course, they want to get the story out there, but these situations are mass chaos. There are injured people at multiple hospitals throughout the area and they're relying primarily at first on eyewitness reports.
    Posted by aragx6[/QUOTE]

I feel like the media could just as easily report the story without the actual numbers.  At least until they've confirmed the actual numbers.  I think it's just human nature to want all the details though and the media plays to that so instead of holding off until they have the facts, they go with eyewitness accounts or hearsay.  Which we both agree is not reliable.
  • cofkelcofkel member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    So I am a newbie/hardcore lurker. My job is super boring today and I just read this whole thread and literally LOL'ed so hard so my secretary asked me if I was ok. Thanks everyone. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • aragx6aragx6 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-97?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:99bd8be1-e439-4dd8-9082-1789d0df1860Post:7cb613b4-5762-4a0b-af6f-1170b9fa6b71">Re:FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:FFF : I feel like the media could just as easily report the story without the actual numbers.  At least until they've confirmed the actual numbers.  I think it's just human nature to want all the details though and the media plays to that so instead of holding off until they have the facts, they go with eyewitness accounts or hearsay.  Which we both agree is not reliable.
    Posted by calixtine[/QUOTE]

And if they didn't post the numbers everyone would decry the media and say "They never even give us the information we want!" A lot of people were likely treated and released on the scene. It amazes me the shitt people give "the media" (as if it's one big organizational blob that works ans thinks alike) while still depending on it so wholely.
    Lizzie
  • edited July 2012
    I don't care what anyone says about Steffic protecting her own animals. It's NO excuse. <div>
    </div><div><div style="font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:10px;background-color:initial;background-image:none;background-attachment:initial;background-origin:initial;background-clip:initial;color:#1f1f1f;font:normal normal normal 11px/14px Arial, sans-serif;text-align:left;line-height:normal;">In Response to <a style="text-decoration:none;font-weight:400;color:#1f1f1f;" href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_happy-saturday-morning-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d9c77830-ab94-4f36-8da9-4de3c66610a3Post:5724472e-46a5-47d5-86c2-d98acff0eeb9">Re: Happy Saturday Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Saturday Morning! : My neighbors have a golden they refuse to keep at home. I hate the dog, he chews stuff on my porch and chases my cats and horses. I admit to <strong>macing him</strong> with bear spray<strong> on many occassions</strong> and now all I have to do is step outside the house and he removes himself. I wish his owners were just responsible enough to keep their dog at home<strong>. It's legal in my state for me to kill a dog who's chasing stock</strong>, but that doesn't matter. <strong>My landlord won't let me kill the dog</strong>, even though he chases the horses. <strong>I keep hoping he'll get run over or one of hte other neighbors </strong>who hate him will take care of him, but so far, no one has. I've survived 12 months with him and will be leaving shortly.
    Posted by StefffiC[/QUOTE]
    </div></div><div style="font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:10px;background-color:initial;background-image:none;background-attachment:initial;background-origin:initial;background-clip:initial;color:#1f1f1f;font:normal normal normal 11px/14px Arial, sans-serif;text-align:left;line-height:normal;">
    </div><div style="font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:10px;background-color:initial;background-image:none;background-attachment:initial;background-origin:initial;background-clip:initial;color:#1f1f1f;font:normal normal normal 11px/14px Arial, sans-serif;text-align:left;line-height:normal;">All of this is just disgusting to me.  </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-97?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:99bd8be1-e439-4dd8-9082-1789d0df1860Post:29e63555-957b-46a8-a8d4-e10347c970a1">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]So I am a newbie/hardcore lurker. My job is super boring today and I just read this whole thread and literally LOL'ed so hard so my secretary asked me if I was ok. Thanks everyone. 
    Posted by cofkel[/QUOTE]

Thank you for this awesome contribution.  Did you have any flames?
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-97?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:99bd8be1-e439-4dd8-9082-1789d0df1860Post:c54cd4b0-28f9-4f86-ba18-b9745f82f583">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : I flame this.  What the hell does it have to do with anything?  It was a movie at midnight, not a rave at 3 in the morning.  I'm sure the parents are traumatized enough right now without random internet people deciding to rail on them because of their "bad parenting skills". It's somehow the parents' fault that some nutbag decided to shoot up a theater?  Because that sure as hell is what it's implying.  <strong>Otherwise WHY even bring it up in the context of this shooting.</strong>
    Posted by NuggetBrain[/QUOTE]
    Because it's all over the media and I think it's just second nature to wonder why a child so young was at a midnight showing of a movie that's wildy inappropriate for young kids.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-97?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:99bd8be1-e439-4dd8-9082-1789d0df1860Post:c282456d-f4bf-42d6-86a6-293ed39f786e">Re:FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:FFF : And if they didn't post the numbers everyone would decry the media and say "They never even give us the information we want!" A lot of people were likely treated and released on the scene. It amazes me the shitt people give "the media" (as if it's one big organizational blob that works ans thinks alike) while still depending on it so wholely.
    Posted by aragx6[/QUOTE]

all true. To add to this, oftentimes in a rapidly breaking situation like this, officials will CONFIRM information that later changes. That's not the media OR the officials fault. Situations like this are fluid, things change as they develop. The media's job is to report the confirmed information as they have it. It's ridiculous to act like they are doing something wrong.

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-97?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:99bd8be1-e439-4dd8-9082-1789d0df1860Post:29e63555-957b-46a8-a8d4-e10347c970a1">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]So I am a newbie/hardcore lurker. My job is super boring today and I just read this whole thread and literally LOL'ed so hard so my secretary asked me if I was ok. Thanks everyone. 
    Posted by cofkel[/QUOTE]

Okay...
  • Steffi, I didn't read the thread and I was really going along with what Cfas was saying, I'd do just about anything to protect my pets, but would you really kill a dog for chasing your horses?

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• aragx6aragx6 member
    Fantasizing about killing a dog, even a dog you don't like, is fuucking creepy.
    Lizzie
  • Nuggs, I'd bring up the fact that kids were there regardless of whether there was a shooting. I think having kids at a late night movie is fucking annoying.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-97?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:99bd8be1-e439-4dd8-9082-1789d0df1860Post:3de1de02-9ee3-4f31-beea-1ac80450a8bb">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : Because it's all over the media and I think it's just second nature to wonder why a child so young was at a midnight showing of a movie <strong>that's wildy inappropriate for young kids.</strong>
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]

The 3 month old didn't even have a clue what was going on.  The 6 year old's parents made a choice, as a parent and as is their right, to take him to see a PG-13 rated movie.  Absolutely none of that has anything to do with the fact that a nutbag showed up and killed 12 people.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• Her horses that she shouldn't even have there in the first place. I'm pretty sure she said it was against her lease to have her animals there, but she did it anyways. 
  • Habs2HartHabs2Hart member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited July 2012
    I don't get why you'd kill a dog for chasing horses either.  Horses aren't your livelihood, they are your pets in this instance, so you actually probably would get in trouble for shooting the dog.  Livestock (as in dairy or meat cows) are often people's bread and butter and cows react differently to horses.  They also are more than capable of protecting themselves. 

Now, if your horse killed a dog, that would be different. 

edited for lack of proof-reading.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-97?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:99bd8be1-e439-4dd8-9082-1789d0df1860Post:c531c64c-d2bf-4570-a5f6-7e6155fb7ec0">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Nuggs, I'd bring up the fact that kids were there regardless of whether there was a shooting. <strong>I think having kids at a late night movie is fucking annoying.</strong>
    Posted by specialk84[/QUOTE]

So do I, but considering the fact that there WAS a shooting, how about people just hold off on the judging of the parents for, oh, I don't know.  Like longer than a few hours after their kids were in a shot up theater?  Maybe?  Christ.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-97?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:99bd8be1-e439-4dd8-9082-1789d0df1860Post:c531c64c-d2bf-4570-a5f6-7e6155fb7ec0">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Nuggs, I'd bring up the fact that kids were there regardless of whether there was a shooting. I think having kids at a late night movie is fucking annoying.
    Posted by specialk84[/QUOTE]
    Yes, thank you. JFC.
  • aragx6aragx6 member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-97?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:99bd8be1-e439-4dd8-9082-1789d0df1860Post:98fb067c-8afc-4864-90bd-10b011059a21">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : The 3 month old didn't even have a clue what was going on.  The 6 year old's parents made a choice, as a parent and as is their right, to take him to see a PG-13 rated movie.  Absolutely none of that has anything to do with the fact that a nutbag showed up and killed 12 people.

This is a much more eloquently put way of saying exactly what I was trying to earlier. This is why we need nuggs around.
    Lizzie
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-97?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:99bd8be1-e439-4dd8-9082-1789d0df1860Post:1a391c0a-debc-435e-b310-1f16322c5162">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't care what anyone says about Steffic protecting her own animals. It's NO excuse.  In Response to  Re: Happy Saturday Morning! : All of this is just disgusting to me.  
    Posted by Megbo2012[/QUOTE]

As someone whose friends' dog was just shot & killed by a neighbor for "chasing stock", I am absolutely disgusted that anyone would consider this an option. Granted, my friends' neighbor is a douchecanoe whose free-range chickens also wander onto my friends' property, but that's an aside. The dog that was killed was born and raised on my friend's farm, and was playing with their new puppy. She was a beloved pet and a fantastic hunting companion. And the worst part? The douchecanoe neighbor who shot her didn't even have the courtesy to kill her. He let her lay in his yard and bleed out until my friend's FI (now-H) could put her in his truck, take her home, and put her down himself.

Was it legal for the neighbor to shoot her? Yes. She was on his property. Was it morally, ethically, or in any other way right or okay? HELL NO.
  • Steffi I kind of want to kick you in the vagina for being such a complete chucklefuck.  So there's that.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-97?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:99bd8be1-e439-4dd8-9082-1789d0df1860Post:f005e435-4a27-4313-acbe-000ec1a6ce53">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Her horses that she shouldn't even have there in the first place. I'm pretty sure she said it was against her lease to have her animals there, but she did it anyways. 
    Posted by VeggieLove1022[/QUOTE]

No, she never said that.  She said she was allowed to have the animals under the condition that weren't a nusiance.  That's why she felt she couldn't go to the authorities, her landlord threatened her with enacting the nusiance clause in the contract and evicting her animals if she complained to animal control.
  • aragx6aragx6 member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-97?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:99bd8be1-e439-4dd8-9082-1789d0df1860Post:9186c36b-b161-4c2d-83b0-6d6b8c52f6ad">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : As someone whose friends' dog was just shot & killed by a neighbor for "chasing stock", I am absolutely disgusted that anyone would consider this an option. Granted, my friends' neighbor is a douchecanoe whose free-range chickens also wander onto my friends' property, but that's an aside. The dog that was killed was born and raised on my friend's farm, and was playing with their new puppy. She was a beloved pet and a fantastic hunting companion. And the worst part? The douchecanoe neighbor who shot her didn't even have the courtesy to kill her. He let her lay in his yard and bleed out until my friend's FI (now-H) could put her in his truck, take her home, and put her down himself. Was it legal for the neighbor to shoot her? Yes. She was on his property. Was it morally, ethically, or in any other way right or okay? HELL NO.
    Posted by KellyBrian2013[/QUOTE]

That makes me absolutely sick to my stomach. I'm so sorry for your friend.
    Lizzie
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-97?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:99bd8be1-e439-4dd8-9082-1789d0df1860Post:98fb067c-8afc-4864-90bd-10b011059a21">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : The 3 month old didn't even have a clue what was going on.  <strong>The 6 year old's parents made a choice, as a parent and as is their right, to take him to see a PG-13 rated movie. </strong> Absolutely none of that has anything to do with the fact that a nutbag showed up and killed 12 people.

<div>At midnight. It is my right to be pissed that someone brought a kid to a midnight showing of a movie.</div><div>
    </div><div>No one is saying they're going to go up to the parents and say, "Ha ha. You got what you deserved!" I don't think anyone thinks the punishment for parents being incredibly insensitive to other people is to shoot the children.</div>
  • pkontkpkontk member
    First Comment
    Steffi, bear mace is for creatures much larger and more powerful than a golden retriever.  At least use dog mace, FFS.  That is cruel and unusual punishment.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards