Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

TGIATW

I'm not glad today is Friday, because it's going to be a beast, but at least tomorrow is Saturday.

How are you all?  Playing as AEs on SB?  Any good weekend plans?  

Re: TGIATW

• Options
    I'm not playing the AE thing. I don't really get it, I guess. Plus if it gets bad I'll have to stay off the board while at work altogether.

I'm grumpy today for work-related reasons that I mentioned on SB earlier today. But this weekend is going to be fun. I have a book signing tomorrow and one of the authors runs an indie author group that goes around and speaks at schools. She wants to talk about me joining, which would be awesome, and about this huge book.author event in Decatur in September.
  • Options
    mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    Sorry about your day job, Sesh, but yay for promoting your awesome books and getting to do cool events.
  • Options
    Oh hai. Morning. Well, late afternoon for me! It's FINALLY a nice day here, and is just supposed to get better over the weekend and finally into the 70's by Monday. WOOT!

I'm trying to get H to take me over to Ikea sooner rather than later.  I know why he is loathe to do so, but dangit! I want to go!
  • Options
    I've never been to Ikea, but hear good things. Someone said something about meatballs once that had me curious.

Mica, I wish I could just do the book stuff full time. It's the one thing I actually enjoy doing.
  • Options
    Has anyone seen the movie "Chronicle" yet? We watched it last night and it was really good. Very different from most "superpower" movies. I really wish I had magic powers.
  • Options
    Today is my thursday since I have to work today & tomorrow. Atleast I have 2 days off in a row this long weekend =D

522805_10151186959893168_80368830_n_zps80e4c057
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Morning!  I've been awake sinch 5:45 packing and getting ready to leave.  I am never going to make it to 3 PM.  Gonna be bouncing off the walls all day.
    Cfas, I'm so glad your poison ivy is going away.  On your face is the worst.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    mica178mica178 member
    I <3 Ikea and need to go there soon (I'm tired of our grad student era furniture), but first I have to deal with paying for subterranean termite protection and get a water softener and new dishwasher.  Then I can do the fun stuff, like a new dining room set.  I spent all last night doing online shopping.

• Options
    mica178mica178 member
    edited May 2012
    Sesh, we need to find a way to promote your books until you can do them full time.  Pinterest the heck out of them or something.
  • Options
    Isn't Ikea furniture still grad student territory? :)

Cfas, I really hope that goes away for you super soon.

Bay, I hope you have a great time! You deserve it!

You'll get there Sesh! Chin up! :) And yeah, the meatballs are delish at Ikea.
  • Options
    Dude. Crate&Barrel is shipping to Sweden now. Surprised
  • Options
    Go for it, mica! I'm not on Pininterest but I fully support you pinning the heck out of me, ha. I'm excited about my new book and hope people like it as much as I do.
  • Options
    Cfas, Wildfire is a fire spinning convention and camping trip in northern CT, its held in May, August, and September Friday - Monday.  They have classes in fire spinning and regular spinning (and hooping, which is why I've been trying to get Adamar to come), you camp out with your friends, tons of food, it's a really good time. 

• Options
    That sounds like fun, bay. I've never been to something like that before. H's brother was big into fire spinning for awhile so I wonder if he's ever been.

cfas, I was saying something similiar to H last night about feeling herpi-fied. During my horrific dentist visit Wednesday my gums got scraped by something and now I have a line of canker sores on that side of my mouth. It sucks.

And thanks for the encouragement. It means a lot, especially when I'm surrounded by people who tell me it's all just a pipe dream.
  • Options
    Owww, Sesh.  That sounds so painful :(

• Options
    Ooh, what rug?

I was just fake building my house with stuff from there.  Actually, I saw this house that I wanted to buy, and I wanted to also get all the furniture because it's AH-ma-ZING. Turns out a lot of it is C&B! haha: http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/632-Westford-St_Lowell_MA_01851_M46243-69857
  • Options
    SnippylynnSnippylynn member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited May 2012
    I like that rug. But you're right. I wouldn't spend that much for a plain rug. You can get almost the same thing from Ikea: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20190198/

I love the decor in that house, but H is not all about that style at all. He says it's cottage- which I totally disagree with.
  • Options
    I like that idea with the bench, although that particular one looks hard to keep clean. I love looking at houses and pretending we can one day have our own. Someday I want a tiled shower, walls that aren't an ugly off-white, and a kitchen big enough for more than 1 person.
  • Options
    mica178mica178 member
    IKEA is student furniture, but they havenicer stuff too.
  • Options
    Understood. If you go into the store, they have a bigger selection. :)

Mica, I know they do. The PS line is really nice actually. They just brought out new stuff, and holy covet. Soooo nice.

Mica, we have a nice little bungalow in Michigan that we're selling! ;)
  • Options
    Winnertag1Winnertag1 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2012
    It's just after 8 AM here and the people that live upstairs are already partying. Every long weekend they  LITERALLY party all weekend long, with music blaring and lots of dancing (jumping up and down in the same spot) all day and all night. Right now they have 'I gotta a feeling'. AH.

I am so happy I am house sitting for my parents after work tomorrow evening till Monday. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Snippy, I am ALL ABOUT you moving to MA. 

And you should totally base your moving decisions on me.

• Options
    Geez Dileni. Can you report them? That's ridiculous.
  • Options
    I had called the cops on them once before & they stopped for the night & were right back at it the next day. They knew it was either us or the people that lived next door, so it was kind of awkward. We are renting a basement apartment of a house and they are renting the upstairs & the owners of the house are their best friends so we don't want to piss them off too much.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Dileni, that drives me crazy. When I lived in my old apartment in a college-geared campus, the people above me did the same thing. They started their parties at like 1 or 2am, jumped up and down, threw stuff out the balcony, etc. Finally I just started calling the cops every single time and they eventually got fined for having underaged people drinking and multiple complaints.

They must have known it was me, because on more than one occasion I woke up to find cooked macaroni noodles on my balcony.
  • Options

Happy Friday! :D I never thought it would get here!

Sesh, your books are on my list to read as well! Hopefully I'll get to them right after the wedding. I'm very excited about reading them.

Bay, I hope you have an amazing time, and I'm sure you will!

I still haven't made it to an Ikea. BFF, FI and I have been planning a trip forever but still haven't made it up there together. Boo.

I am regretting my decision to skip the last haircut before the wedding and think I'm going to have to have a trim before the wedding. It's already driving me insane.

• Options
    Some people are so inconsiderate. The funny thing is they arent even college students, they are a couple in their mid to late 30's. Its ridiculous.

Oh and they also smoke pot in the backyard all night long with their friends. Some people need to grow eff up. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Morning!  I am so ready for the weekend.  I've been in such a funk this week.  Saturday is the day we're going to see Blue Man Group, and the flower and plant festival is at Epcot so we're going to hit that up during the day.  I'm excited for a weekend away.

Bay, I so wish I was coming with you.  Have a blast and get lots of pictures!

Cfas, I'm glad your poison ivy face is clearing up.
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    Morning ladies!  What's with the AE thing?

It is the long weekend!  Thank goodness!  I am pumped for a 3 day weekend.  Bring it on.  AND it's going to be like 26+ (79) and sunny all weekend.  Hello summer, where have you been all my life.  I'm pretty pumped.  Although our population up here is about to triple with tourists! 

Bay - I hope you have an amazing time! 

Sesh - Sorry your dental work is being so painful.  That sucks huge.

I generally like some IKEA furniture because you can buy some more contemporary pieces from there.  I would put in one of their kitchens and probably will.  It's nicely priced for contemporary cabinetry. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Dileni, that is ridiculous. They shouldn't get preferential treatment just because they're best buds with the landlord. Oh how life works sometimes.

Adamar, have fun at the Blue Man Group concert!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards