Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Good morning!

Re: Good morning!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-240?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fe6b6cd3-241d-4e1c-8b3a-06fc195d3b3aPost:63538d26-8a88-418c-aeda-6d9dcef9015e">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good morning! : Does he work Sundays?   My DH use to do most of ordering on Sundays then all that needed to be done is call it in.  He made up spreadsheets with a par list so it was easy for the staff to follow.  Most days they still called him, but that was much better than him going in.  15 mintues always spread out to an hour or more because people saw him and asked  questions.
    Posted by lyndausvi[/QUOTE]

He works every other Sunday and Monday, so he didn't work yesterday. I asked him why he couldn't have done it on Saturday, but he said since they just started being open on Sundays, he doesn't have a feel for it yet, so he needs to physically look at what they used up and what they might need.

He is going to have to do exactly what you suggested, I think. He needs to learn how to relinquish some control or he will make himself crazy! Thanks for the tip; maybe he can just make a basic list and let one of his CWs adjust it as needed.

And that's exactly why I don't want him going in for "fifteen minutes." I know it will turn into an hour, and we have no reason to drive up there today, so it would just be a waste of gas and time.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Good morning everyone! Today is my dress appointment, I hope it's the last one! I cannot believe how close the wedding is! Eek!!! FI is going through his clothes today to make more room for my stuff! I will be so glad when that's done! My grandparents are giving us their Fridge, lol i'm so excited about a fridge! It's the little things!

Hope you guys have a great day!

Bay-I'm sorry your H is treating you like that, you were so right to call him out on it. He needs to man up.
  • Options
    Bay, I wish I lived nearer to you.  I'd like to give you a hug, a bottle of alcohol and some chocolate. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-240?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:fe6b6cd3-241d-4e1c-8b3a-06fc195d3b3aPost:58dee068-6730-4a76-a4e4-c9fa6210913c">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Rosie - did you ever share your Walmart story yesterday? I was kinda paranoid to go yesterday since H didn't want to go with me. Salt - she's gorgeous! Eagles - If it makes you feel any better, I tried out the tan towels yesterday and completely forgot my ankles. So I have tan feet and tan legs, just not ankles.
    Posted by lovethebeach16[/QUOTE]

It was more of a really creepy guy following H and I to our car. He (the creepy dude) was standing by the redbox and was eyeing me up so H told me to grab the bags and to go right for the car and he (H) followed behind me. The guy got really close to H and kept trying to get him to turn around and talk to him and then tried to get between H and I to reach me. I normally don't get freaked out by people but he was definitely up to no good.

So yes don't go there by yourself!!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-240?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fe6b6cd3-241d-4e1c-8b3a-06fc195d3b3aPost:fc629e2c-162b-47f1-864d-0037e9e3a3ee">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Bay, I wish I lived nearer to you.  I'd like to give you a hug, a bottle of alcohol and some chocolate. 
    Posted by MyUserName1[/QUOTE]
    Aww, thanks :) 

You know, I never really was a wine drinker and now I find myself craving it.  I don't know why.  I feel like buying a bottle and drinking it myself would be a really bad thing.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-240?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fe6b6cd3-241d-4e1c-8b3a-06fc195d3b3aPost:2b9e220a-267a-4cf2-8a56-1a314793372a">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good morning! : Aww, thanks :)  You know, I never really was a wine drinker and now I find myself craving it.  I don't know why.  I feel like buying a bottle and drinking it myself would be a really bad thing.
    Posted by baystateapple[/QUOTE]

<div>Because you feel like it could lead to alcoholism or just because you feel like it would be sad?</div><div>
    </div>
  • Options
    Yes wine can fix anything Laughing
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-240?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fe6b6cd3-241d-4e1c-8b3a-06fc195d3b3aPost:ff4d1b98-2920-4b91-9f6c-caa64a7131e4">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good morning! : He works every other Sunday and Monday, so he didn't work yesterday. I asked him why he couldn't have done it on Saturday, but he said since they just started being open on Sundays, he doesn't have a feel for it yet, so he needs to physically look at what they used up and what they might need. He is going to have to do exactly what you suggested, I think. He needs to learn how to relinquish some control or he will make himself crazy! Thanks for the tip; maybe he can just make a basic list and let one of his CWs adjust it as needed. And that's exactly why I don't want him going in for "fifteen minutes." I know it will turn into an hour, and we have no reason to drive up there today, so it would just be a waste of gas and time.
    Posted by Ali092011[/QUOTE]

<div>Spreadsheets are your friends when it comes to stuff like this.  He has the spreadsheets on a clipboard hanging up in the office.   It has par lists for the basics.  The extra space to order special stuff.  For example if he knows he has a 300 person banquet next week he will note that he needs "x" pounds of chicken in addition to the normal par.    Someone just takes the list and goes around checking off what they need.  If they have questions they just call.  There is not a week that goes by that they don't call.  But it's so much better than him having to go in.</div>

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Goodmorning, I don't usually post on these but I have an unexpected day off so why not. FI usually watches our daughter mondays and tuesdays but he has strep and maybe hand, foot and mouth (it has been going around daycare and our daughter had it a few weeks ago and a relapse last week, now he has little blisters all over his hands, feet and face). We don't want him getting her sick again so I stayed home and he is staying in bed :( I'm happy to have the extra day with the baby but we need the income.

Wedding Countdown Ticker 95image Invited 66image Ready to party 21image Declined
  • Options
    I tend to get sad when I drink, so that's why.  I don't think I'd become an alcoholic.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-240?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:fe6b6cd3-241d-4e1c-8b3a-06fc195d3b3aPost:cdc34e76-6005-4d3b-a22e-f439d02bc3b0">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Bay, if you drank a fifth of vodka on your own, I would be concerned.  A bottle of wine?  Hell, that's just European.  ;)
    Posted by EaglesBride2012[/QUOTE]

Ha!  I'm using this on H next time he gets on me for drinking too much wine.
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-240?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fe6b6cd3-241d-4e1c-8b3a-06fc195d3b3aPost:d598de3f-9a01-4166-965d-9fa0681e5832">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good morning! : Spreadsheets are your friends when it comes to stuff like this.  He has the spreadsheets on a clipboard hanging up in the office.   It has par lists for the basics.  The extra space to order special stuff.  For example if he knows he has a 300 person banquet next week he will note that he needs "x" pounds of chicken in addition to the normal par.    Someone just takes the list and goes around checking off what they need.  If they have questions they just call.  There is not a week that goes by that they don't call.  But it's so much better than him having to go in.
    Posted by lyndausvi[/QUOTE]

Love it! I will make an Excel sheet myself if it means we don't have to deal with this every other Monday!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Yeah, if you're a sad drinker Bay, then that's probably not the best plan.  Are you able to take a weekend trip to visit a friend somewhere else?  That might be good for you
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-240?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:fe6b6cd3-241d-4e1c-8b3a-06fc195d3b3aPost:fbbb080b-734c-4bff-aa57-48f7ae930ee2">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, if you're a sad drinker Bay, then that's probably not the best plan.  <strong>Are you able to take a weekend trip to visit a friend somewhere else?</strong>  That might be good for you

Like down to FL?  :)

• Options
    MUN1, unfortunately my schedule for May is pretty much shot.  This weekend I have an event in MA that I'm going to with girlfriends (a fundraiser), then next weekend is my friend's wedding, then Wildfire is the weekdend after.  So for the next three weeks I'm pretty much booked.  A friend of mine wants me to come stay at her place, but she lives over an hour away and I can't justify that commute in the morning for work, it's just too much.

• Options
    Ugh, May.  We have something going on every single weekend.  The first weekend in June will probably be spent doing something for MIL's birthday.  It's going to be a busy summer.

• Options
    Salt, she's gorgeous! My first day back at work after my older daughter was born, I cried like a baby when I dropped her off. It was quite embarrassing.
  • Options
    Salt your baby is adorable!
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    LTB - I'm one of those crazies that always locks her purse into the cart with the seatbelt strap. So I completely relate.

Bently - I hope he gets better soon and your daughter doesn't wind up with it again.

ETA - I'm having typos all over the freaking place today. Hi Monday.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-240?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:fe6b6cd3-241d-4e1c-8b3a-06fc195d3b3aPost:211e8666-371a-40df-af39-6659ae380f18">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good morning! : That's better.

Find me a cheap flight and I'm there!

• Options
    That's a bummer, Bay.  Hopefully you'll be able to find a new place soon.  That should make things easier. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-240?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fe6b6cd3-241d-4e1c-8b3a-06fc195d3b3aPost:b3e5804f-9aa6-4ac0-9b22-7eecba554683">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good morning! : Love it! I will make an Excel sheet myself if it means we don't have to deal with this every other Monday!
    Posted by Ali092011[/QUOTE]

<div>No problem.  GL.  It will take some tweaking, but it works out well.  It also gets other cooks/chefs accountable.</div>

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-240?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fe6b6cd3-241d-4e1c-8b3a-06fc195d3b3aPost:6d97b1fa-803d-471f-8d8a-7fc8aa3687b3">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]LTB, I hear you.  I'm so fair that even "fair" makeup is too dark for me.  I also hear a lot of "you must be Irish!"  No.  I'm Italian.  "Are you sure?"  Um.  Yes.  I am fairly confident of my lineage.  "Haha, well, you look albino!"  Please go away now.
    I really hate the stereotype that all Italians have dark hair and eyes and olive skin.  I'm 1/4 Italian (Dad is half) and I have fair skin.  Burn like a mother, too.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-240?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fe6b6cd3-241d-4e1c-8b3a-06fc195d3b3aPost:91a0d7e9-340c-4c4b-9568-9cd613c20796">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good morning! : It was a good one last night. Not amazing, but good. Probably  because there wasn't enough Robert Carlyle. Only two more episodes this season!
    Posted by cfaszews25[/QUOTE]

Last nights was good! I cannot wait for the next two episodes!!
  • Options
    I'm Irish/English/WASP and FI is Italian.  I tan better than he does.
  • Options

Cfas- I know. It makes me sad. :( At least I know it's coming back!

My dad has traced us back to England but his dad claimed to be part of just about everything. My mom's side is straight German.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-240?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:fe6b6cd3-241d-4e1c-8b3a-06fc195d3b3aPost:aafe5efb-a381-4bcf-a174-c9728b43e8f2">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I refuse to even place my purse in the cart. It stays on my shoulder the whole time. Which means I usually have the grocery list hanging out of my mouth like a dog while I'm trying to put a fruit or veggie in a plastic bag. I'm so attractive while grocery shopping. :)

This is me.

I missed the OUAT episode from two weeks ago b/c FI decided that the Cleveland Show was more important.  Um, no!  Guess I need to find it online.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Went to a Bridal shower on Saturday.  We all addressed our own TY card envelopes and multiple people gave GCs.  Wouldn't have thought twice about it before getting on this board.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-240?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fe6b6cd3-241d-4e1c-8b3a-06fc195d3b3aPost:bd0c0301-1544-430e-aea1-a4e2ec1181f0">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm Irish/English/WASP and FI is Italian.  I tan better than he does.

Funny how that works out!  I'm quarter Italian, quarter Portuguese and my other half is a ton of white, white European nationalities.  I burn like crazy, it sucks.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-240?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:fe6b6cd3-241d-4e1c-8b3a-06fc195d3b3aPost:1c64adb2-2d5f-4b01-8d45-2cf3029b2d57">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good morning! : That's just creepy. I'm over here shuddering. I probably looked crazy when I went, I had the death grip on my purse, kept looking all around and was walking super fast. I know there are creepy people everywhere, but I just don't expect them in our little middle of no where area. Eagles - lol yes. I touched them up this morning. I still have another hour before it fully develops so we'll see how well that goes.

Its because Lakeside is right behind the WalMart! You would think with the police barracks being RIGHT NEXT DOOR they would behave themselves.. but no. Still beating each others skulls in with bats and shiit.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards