Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Good morning! And Merry Christmas Eve Eve!

Re: Good morning! And Merry Christmas Eve Eve!

• Options
    Question: I got Erik a playstation 3 and some boxers for Christmas. I was done but livingsocial sent me a deal for a $30 one-hour massage. Is it lame to give a living social deal as a present? He talks about wanting a massage a lot.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-merry-christmas-eve-eve?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6b38b7ab-c3c5-4933-ae5d-6bc5651f9b8ePost:8acb8164-5a61-497b-bd85-87603fa44196">Re: Good morning! And Merry Christmas Eve Eve!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Question: I got Erik a playstation 3 and some boxers for Christmas. I was done but livingsocial sent me a deal for a $30 one-hour massage. Is it lame to give a living social deal as a present? He talks about wanting a massage a lot.
    Posted by aleighk1[/QUOTE]

No I think that would be an awesome present.
  • Options
    Oh, Snippy, that sucks.  I hate it when people do that.  My grandfather's the same way.  Dude, someone went through the trouble of picking out a gift for you.  Even if you don't want it, smile graciously and accept it.

Rosie, that's weird.  H and I got an ornament the first Christmas after we were engaged, but it was just a "B", which is our last initial.  It wasn't to commemorate our first Christmas or anything.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    I don't think it is Aleigh, especially to a SO.  He'll probably appreciate it.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    So, I'm full of rage this morning.

I ordered Darth FI's main gift SEVEN days ago from macys.

They email me THIS MORNING to tell me that it is backordered indefinitely.

IT TOOK THEM A WEEK TO FIGURE THIS OUT

SO, now I have no main gift for him.  Just stocking stuffers. 
  • Options
    Ugh that sucks MUNI.  What was it?

If I were you I'd just print out a picture of it and wrap that.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I love me a massage. 

We purchase a photo christmas ornament each year and put a picture of FI and I in it.  We have 3 so far.  It is fun to have them on the tree, but I can see in twenty years needing a much bigger tree.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-merry-christmas-eve-eve?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6b38b7ab-c3c5-4933-ae5d-6bc5651f9b8ePost:7e65e448-57be-4a52-a245-ff24d3dfa6e1">Re: Good morning! And Merry Christmas Eve Eve!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh, Snippy, that sucks.  I hate it when people do that.  My grandfather's the same way.  Dude, someone went through the trouble of picking out a gift for you.  Even if you don't want it, smile graciously and accept it. Rosie, that's weird.  H and I got an ornament the first Christmas after we were engaged, but it was just a "B", which is our last initial.  It wasn't to commemorate our first Christmas or anything.
    Posted by baystateapple[/QUOTE]

My grandparents are the same way, which is why we don't get them anything anymore. Last year FI was so excited he'd found this WW2 DVD collection that my grandfather had been talking about, my grandfather made a big deal, "You shouldn't have done this, let me pay you for it." It really hurt FI's feelings.
  • Options
    MyUserName1MyUserName1 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-merry-christmas-eve-eve?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6b38b7ab-c3c5-4933-ae5d-6bc5651f9b8ePost:95054f4a-2e81-49b9-8960-f7a39c6069de">Re: Good morning! And Merry Christmas Eve Eve!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ugh that sucks MUNI.  What was it? If I were you I'd just print out a picture of it and wrap that.
    Posted by dumdumfroggie[/QUOTE]

<a href="http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/lauren-ralph-lauren-glen-plaid-decanter-27-oz.?ID=311026&CategoryID=28973&LinkType=PDPZ1" target="_blank">CLICKY</a>

He LOVES glen plaid and has wanted a high end decanter for years. 

I'm so bummed.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-merry-christmas-eve-eve?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6b38b7ab-c3c5-4933-ae5d-6bc5651f9b8ePost:decb3664-8305-4165-a9de-e69328b6546b">Re: Good morning! And Merry Christmas Eve Eve!</a>:
    [QUOTE]So, I'm full of rage this morning. I ordered Darth FI's main gift SEVEN days ago from macys. They email me THIS MORNING to tell me that it is backordered indefinitely. IT TOOK THEM A WEEK TO FIGURE THIS OUT SO, now I have no main gift for him.  Just stocking stuffers. 
    Posted by MyUserName1[/QUOTE]

Oh no! Gah that is ridiculous they couldn't let you know before now!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-merry-christmas-eve-eve?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6b38b7ab-c3c5-4933-ae5d-6bc5651f9b8ePost:3698986d-7a8d-4555-bcb5-b40b5a7f5a68">Re: Good morning! And Merry Christmas Eve Eve!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good morning! And Merry Christmas Eve Eve! : CLICKY He LOVES glen plaid and has wanted a high end decanter for years.  I'm so bummed.

That is really nice.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-merry-christmas-eve-eve?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6b38b7ab-c3c5-4933-ae5d-6bc5651f9b8ePost:3698986d-7a8d-4555-bcb5-b40b5a7f5a68">Re: Good morning! And Merry Christmas Eve Eve!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good morning! And Merry Christmas Eve Eve! : CLICKY He LOVES glen plaid and has wanted a high end decanter for years.  I'm so bummed.

<div>Sad :(</div><div>
    </div><div>Could you maybe buy him a bottle of liquor to go in it and wrap that along with a picture of it?</div>
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Its frustrating because if they had let me know a week ago, I could have just ordered it from someone else.

And they can't even let me know WHEN it will ship!  They said that if I don't take action and it hasn't shipped within a month then the order is cancelled.  That is CRAZYPANTS.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-merry-christmas-eve-eve?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6b38b7ab-c3c5-4933-ae5d-6bc5651f9b8ePost:f11f831f-ee50-45fd-8a0b-0f02e8429935">Re: Good morning! And Merry Christmas Eve Eve!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Its frustrating because if they had let me know a week ago, I could have just ordered it from someone else. And they can't even let me know WHEN it will ship!  They said that if I don't take action and it hasn't shipped within a month then the order is cancelled.  That is CRAZYPANTS.

Yeah that is just crazy they are just now letting you know.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-merry-christmas-eve-eve?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6b38b7ab-c3c5-4933-ae5d-6bc5651f9b8ePost:a896e58a-0473-459f-88af-0cad7528f71d">Re: Good morning! And Merry Christmas Eve Eve!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good morning! And Merry Christmas Eve Eve! : Sad :( Could you maybe buy him a bottle of liquor to go in it and wrap that along with a picture of it?
    Posted by dumdumfroggie[/QUOTE]

I think this is what I am going to do, but it still makes me angry that macys is so stupid.

I sent them a very sternly worded email expressing my disappointment.  I even put in that we were planning to register with macy's for the wedding, but won't be doing so any longer.
  • Options
    My aunt got us a beautiful first christmas/wedding ornament. It's a large silver heart locket, with a wedding pic of us inside. The tie is a red ribbon, with another small heart attached. I have it as a decoration by the TV though instead of on the TV because it's really heavy and weighs down the branch.

I'm so excited to give our my gifts tomorrow. And my dad said he got H some kind of hot air popcorn popper with like a 5' long tube of kernels, which is funny because he meant it kind of as a gag gift but H LOVES popcorn, so it's pretty much the most perfect thing ever.
  • Options
    That sucks Muni. Froggie has a good idea though.
  • Options

Oh and we have an indoor ice skating rink near where I grew up. We used to go there all the time. I was never any good, but it was still fun. At another place, every Christmas they would put a rink in this convention center (my HS graduation was there as well), and all around the rink they would have beautiful Christmas displays and craft centers.

They don't do that kind of stuff anymore. Not around here. It's disappointing.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-merry-christmas-eve-eve?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:6b38b7ab-c3c5-4933-ae5d-6bc5651f9b8ePost:f11f831f-ee50-45fd-8a0b-0f02e8429935">Re: Good morning! And Merry Christmas Eve Eve!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Its frustrating because if they had let me know a week ago, I could have just ordered it from someone else. And they can't even let me know WHEN it will ship!  They said that if I don't take action and it hasn't shipped within a month then the order is cancelled.  That is CRAZYPANTS.

THAT IS RIDICULOUS! I sense that you will be getting some free stuff from Macys soon. How is it your fault that it's backordered? WOW
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-merry-christmas-eve-eve?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6b38b7ab-c3c5-4933-ae5d-6bc5651f9b8ePost:818c0977-e4e9-46a4-be73-a9240e158433">Re: Good morning! And Merry Christmas Eve Eve!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good morning! And Merry Christmas Eve Eve! : THAT IS RIDICULOUS! I sense that you will be getting some free stuff from Macys soon. How is it your fault that it's backordered? WOW
    Posted by midgetthemighty[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they'd better send me a gift card or something.  I'm really good at writing strongly worded letters regarding my dissatisfaction with a company's level of customer service.
  • Options
    Sorry Muni. We got a Just Engaged ornament with our names and the date on it. I don't usually get an ornament with the year on it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    No one has given us any special ornaments. 

Which is probably for the best because our tree is color coordinated and then I'd feel obliged to add their ornament which would stick out like a sore thumb.
  • Options
    Okay good. I'll get it. And Sarah that's a great idea. I should be able to print it out and put it in his stocking.
  • Options
    pictures please MUN1....
  • Options
    Oh man, that sucks Muni! I hope you can find it elsewhere. I agree with the nice bottle of liqour to go in it. :)

Ugh. H is pulling this "No, no, I'll take it." Gee. Thanks. Makes me feel so special.  And he says that he told me not to buy him an iPod. Okay, so what did you want instead? He reels off a list of shiit and all of it is nearly $300. Um... no.  I can't afford that. Hence why you got the fvcking iPod, jackass. Thanks for making me feel awesome.
  • Options
    My tree is color coordinated too. I also am particular about how the ornaments are on there. FI doesn't like to help decorate since I had to adjust where he hung some of the ornaments.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-merry-christmas-eve-eve?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6b38b7ab-c3c5-4933-ae5d-6bc5651f9b8ePost:7872fbd5-238c-49c8-be0d-4a426658ba0f">Re: Good morning! And Merry Christmas Eve Eve!</a>:
    [QUOTE]pictures please MUN1....
    Posted by ski2play[/QUOTE]

I don't have any on this computer- I'm at work...or any on FB that I could steal.

Sorry, I'm lame
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-merry-christmas-eve-eve?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6b38b7ab-c3c5-4933-ae5d-6bc5651f9b8ePost:17c442e4-503d-4874-a612-c6eaff20b6aa">Re: Good morning! And Merry Christmas Eve Eve!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh man, that sucks Muni! I hope you can find it elsewhere. I agree with the nice bottle of liqour to go in it. :) Ugh. H is pulling this "No, no, I'll take it." Gee. Thanks. Makes me feel so special.  And he says that he told me not to buy him an iPod. Okay, so what did you want instead? He reels off a list of shiit and all of it is nearly $300. Um... no.  I can't afford that. Hence why you got the fvcking iPod, jackass. Thanks for making me feel awesome.
    Posted by Snippylynn[/QUOTE]

I hate when they do that, like they are doing you a favor by forcing themselves to take it.
  • Options
    Ha my tree is SO not color coordinated.  I throw all kinds of crap on there. 

He sounds like he needs a little tude adjustment, Snippy.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-merry-christmas-eve-eve?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6b38b7ab-c3c5-4933-ae5d-6bc5651f9b8ePost:17c442e4-503d-4874-a612-c6eaff20b6aa">Re: Good morning! And Merry Christmas Eve Eve!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh man, that sucks Muni! I hope you can find it elsewhere. I agree with the nice bottle of liqour to go in it. :) Ugh. H is pulling this "No, no, I'll take it." Gee. Thanks. Makes me feel so special.  And he says that he told me not to buy him an iPod. Okay, so what did you want instead? He reels off a list of shiit and all of it is nearly $300. Um... no.  I can't afford that. Hence why you got the fvcking iPod, jackass. Thanks for making me feel awesome.
    Posted by Snippylynn[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately the only other place that carried it was also online, so I think it's too late unless I paid a bazillion dollars in rush shipping.  Which I'm too poor to do.  I'm gonna go with Froggie's idea.

Also, sorry your H is being a pill.  I'd be both pissed and disappointed.  he'd better use that iPod and LOVE IT, DAMNIT.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards