Snarky Brides

come talk to me

Pretend this is your evening thread, even though it's way too early. And it's Saturday, but meh. I'm hanging out a thome being lame and lazy. It's fantastic.  I'm also looking at ideas for our huge closet in the entry way (it's about 8 feet tall and 5 feet wide by 4 feet deep.)  I'm stalking pinterest, but I'm way too cheap to do something pre-packaged. So I'm playing on IKEAs website. :) But I need stuff to have doors to keep the monsters out. (I want to remove the actual closet doors and open up that entry way.

So. Any ideas??  

What's everyone else up to tonight?

Re: come talk to me

• 045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • LetsHikeTodayLetsHikeToday member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited April 2012
    I'm so freakimg jealous you have an idea close. The closest one to me is 3 hours. I found out today that in a year we might be sent to Norfolk. If its over a year, families can go. If its less, we stay. Then we will be going back to Georgia. Edit: ikea not idea. Auto correct
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm trying not to fall asleep. It's only 3 here, so H is playing xbox and I'm not really doing anything. 

You have a banana! 
  • Jackie your moving??
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I really should be working on my 5 page paper on Marbury vs Madison for class Monday, but I just dont feel like it, lol.

My MIL is flying in tomorrow night for a wake/funeral and I need to wash the sheets in the guestroom.  Wah.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hike, that doesn't sound fun at all. 
  • Im also watching Americas Best Dance crew and these frat looking boys just ripped it to Madonna.  They were crunkin, lol.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Erin- I'm actually not sure how I feel about it. It could be anywhere from 6 months- 3 years. H hasn't been home for a few days so I want to pick his brain when he does get here. Blue- what class are you taking?
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Edie- did they tell you how much you'll get?
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Blue, you reminded me that I also need to wash the sheets in the guest room. Ugh.
  • Just addressed the last wedding invite, woot woot. 

I, too, am jealous of your closeness to Ikea.  My closest one is Toronto, Ontario or Pittsburgh, PA. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_come-talk-to-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a2dd48df-99fc-4dfa-82d2-504584c382e1Post:037e2c21-b17e-465c-97f4-149cb11285c1">Re: come talk to me</a>:
    [QUOTE]Blue, you reminded me that I also need to wash the sheets in the guest room. Ugh.
    Posted by ErinG93[/QUOTE]

Haha, sowwie.

Hike: Im taking an American Govt class.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • An American Government class sounds fun and interesting. 
  • ick, Hike.  Do you want to move again? Would you rather stay where you're at?

Blue, YOU WILL DO WHAT I SAY. Speaking of guest rooms, we finally bought a frame for the bed in our guest room. Now people don't have to sleep on the mattress on the floor! haha 

This is all part of my 'nesting' I think. In the next few months, I'm planning on buying like 6 sets of storage things. This house needs some major organization.
  • I  keep picturing an actual banana in Stefs belly, lol.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Cove, I'm sorry about your house! Maybe you'll like a townhouse better. I wouldn't mind if my yard work was done for me.
  • Hey ladies. I had high hopes for my productivity today... I was hoping to clean out some things in my room,  dust the house and wash the hardwood floors, (I'm my mom's cleaning lady, basically) and wash and style my hair... but so far, all I've done is try on all my clothes to see what I should get rid of. I told FI I'd be over around 8, so I guess I'm not getting much done before then. Oh well, hopefully tomorrow.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Random question. How many sets of sheets do you guys own? Both our bed and the guest room are queen beds, but we only have 3 sets of sheets. My mom used to have like a thousand, I swear.
  • Not long now at all,

I was thinking the same thing about Steph's banana.  Time has gone by quickly.  But then I am not the one carrying said banana.  My daughter turns 21 in two weeks.  Seems like just yesterday she was a banana!

• Hike - What branch of the military is your H in? FI wants to do Marine Corps JAG for a few years, although he has a lot of red tape he'd have to go through, so it may not happen... especially if he gets a good enough job out of law school. I honestly don't know that I have the strength for it anyway.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_come-talk-to-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a2dd48df-99fc-4dfa-82d2-504584c382e1Post:8ecf2275-cd3a-4097-b59e-e9d476f478bc">Re: come talk to me</a>:
    [QUOTE]Random question. How many sets of sheets do you guys own? Both our bed and the guest room are queen beds, but we only have 3 sets of sheets. My mom used to have like a thousand, I swear.
    Posted by Steph+J[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Well, this is embarrassing, but only 2 for our bed. One of them was a gift and they are satin, so we've never used them. I wash our sheets a lot, ugh.</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>The guest bed is a full and that's what H and I had before our king size bed. We have 2-3 sets for that bed.

</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_come-talk-to-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a2dd48df-99fc-4dfa-82d2-504584c382e1Post:8e131a66-611b-40c4-a9c0-8a1f62276e72">Re: come talk to me</a>:
    [QUOTE]Angelstar your sig photo makes me want a beer.  Wah.  I'm on a nutrition program, and no alcohol allowed.
    Posted by 1covejack[/QUOTE]

Haha sorry. Is it a diet or a permanent restriction? Everytime I look at that picture, I wish we'd thought to put our beers down, lol. But it's still a cute picture.
  • We had probably 4 sets of full-size sheets, because that's what I had before the new bed. And our futon(s) were full-size.  But we've kind of used those as drop cloths and stuff lately. ;)
  • Stef- we have 2 king sets 2 queen sets and 2 double sets.  All the rooms have different size beds.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My sister is in her room literally sobbing, but she won't tell me what's wrong. Probably boyfriend problems. I feel both really bad for her and kind of awkward, because we're not a family that's big on showing our emotions to one another.
  • I think we have 3 sheet sets in total. I need to buy more. This woman I know has two closets full of extra bedding.
  • AnysunriseAnysunrise member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited April 2012
    Hey! I was also going to do some cleaning today, but I instead sat on the couch and did absolutely nothing. 

Do you have pictures of the closet Steph? While on the couch, I did nothing but watch HGTV and Stumble home improvement stuff, lol. What is wrong with me.

Also, I have decided the car I'm going to get is the 2010 Hyundai Tuscon. We're definitely going to have to save a little longer, but we have about 5k put away now, and can put away about 1000 a month right now, but that's going to take a hit when my hours get cut in half at the end of August. Brandon wants to have a pretty sizeable downpayment so we can pay it off quickly, allowing me to stop working my last two years of school.
  • Steph- in a perfect world, I want to stay but in the navy world, if we have to, I'm glad it's still east cost. Edie- I have to call Monday morning
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Our beds are both queens and we probably have about 10 sets.  But we combined two houses about 16 months ago when I moved up to Western, NY.  I like flannel for winter and regular cotton type for summer.

Steph, can you put in some kind of shelving and then use those square/rectangle baskets that you can get at Michael's?  I believe they come in different sizes.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_come-talk-to-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a2dd48df-99fc-4dfa-82d2-504584c382e1Post:8feb0a7e-afdd-4a95-af89-a628a5f1d1c5">Re: come talk to me</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey! I was also going to do some cleaning today, but I instead sat on the couch and did absolutely nothing.  Do you have pictures of the closet Steph? While on the couch, I did nothing but watch HGTV and Stumble home improvement stuff, lol. What is wrong with me. Also, I have decided the car I'm going to get is the 2010 Hyundai Tuscon. We're definitely going to have to save a little longer, but we have about 5k put away now, and can put away about 1000 a month right now, but that's going to take a hit when my hours get cut in half at the end of August. Brandon wants to have a pretty sizeable downpayment so we can pay it off quickly, so I can stop working my last two years of school.
    Posted by Anysunrise[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Thread jack here, but your book has been shipped. I was going to PM you the tracking number, but I forgot. It should get there May 1!

</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards