Wedding Etiquette Forum

Howdy folks! It's night time!

Re: Howdy folks! It's night time!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_howdy-folks-its-night-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ffcdc56c-c306-4b04-86c4-4b1ed59135bdPost:67c58794-d4fb-49ec-b8c3-1c8647ac0720">Re: Howdy folks! It's night time!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I want pizza so fvcking bad, but I'm trying to convince myself that it's entirely psychological and I can withstand the craving. Plus, H promised me a cheat dinner Saturday.
    Posted by Anysunrise[/QUOTE]

<div>We need to be diet buddies. I want mac 'n' cheese, but I am trying to make a healthy taco salad. Please, please withstand the craving!</div>
  • Thanks Jess.  I'm on the verge of turning the oven on :).
  • MuSu, did you guys have something organized? I just sent it to the address I had from December. I am creepy and hold onto stuff like that so I can send cards for various occasions (or a hat to Ranch).
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_howdy-folks-its-night-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ffcdc56c-c306-4b04-86c4-4b1ed59135bdPost:6e63bb0e-d4e0-430c-bf11-7f95c200b729">Re: Howdy folks! It's night time!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Howdy folks! It's night time! : We need to be diet buddies. I want mac 'n' cheese, but I am trying to make a healthy taco salad. Please, please withstand the craving!
    Posted by ErinG93[/QUOTE]

<div>WE CAN DO IT. IT'S ALL IN OUR HEADS! </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>Damnit, now I want mac and cheese.</div>
  • Thanks all!

Special, it's not going to be a big deal at work at all. And it's easily coverable w/ a sleeve, or if needed, makeup. H got a little one on his inner bicep of the heartbeat from my first u/s. I love it. He said it was the most terrifying, most amazing moment of his life, and that he wanted a reminder that life can literally change in a heartbeat. I think part of my mom's issue is probably that I got something so permanent as a reminder. But, like I said, I did it for me, to be a reminder and a way to cope. And no one gets to tell me the "right" way to do that, ya know?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_howdy-folks-its-night-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ffcdc56c-c306-4b04-86c4-4b1ed59135bdPost:a290edb6-87ab-4f26-b3f5-4a6448798173">Re: Howdy folks! It's night time!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks Jess.  I'm on the verge of turning the oven on :).
    Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE]

And PS: I think that giving in to craving is what makes pregnancy possible. :)

Unrelated: <em>My Girl </em>is showing on Encore, and it makes me happy, especially after being so mad about ruining dinner. I love this movie, always and forever.
  • A friend of mine just posted this on facebook and I pretty much melted. Also I now really want a baby hippo and a baby goat. And a Japanese dwarf squirell.

• Special -- Aleigh sent a mass FB message to all the knotties on her friends list I think? Or at least a lot of them. 
  • AnysunriseAnysunrise member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_howdy-folks-its-night-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ffcdc56c-c306-4b04-86c4-4b1ed59135bdPost:dce861e7-99d6-4d9f-80a3-5856a43eacf1">Re: Howdy folks! It's night time!</a>:
    [QUOTE]A friend of mine just posted this on facebook and I pretty much melted. Also I now really want a baby hippo and a baby goat. And a Japanese dwarf squirell. <a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.buzzfeed.com/lilyboo/pictures-that-will-make-you-say-awwwwwwwwwwww">http://www.buzzfeed.com/lilyboo/pictures-that-will-make-you-say-awwwwwwwwwwww</a>
    Posted by ThankfulSnail[/QUOTE]

Oh God the foxes! They are so adorable. And the otters!
  • Oh, Jill.  I just got teary.  I wish I could give you a hug.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_howdy-folks-its-night-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ffcdc56c-c306-4b04-86c4-4b1ed59135bdPost:f7af6793-3683-4cdd-b925-de2317dcfb2a">Re: Howdy folks! It's night time!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks all! Special, it's not going to be a big deal at work at all. And it's easily coverable w/ a sleeve, or if needed, makeup. H got a little one on his inner bicep of the heartbeat from my first u/s. I love it. He said it was the most terrifying, most amazing moment of his life, and that he wanted a reminder that life can literally change in a heartbeat. I think part of my mom's issue is probably that I got something so permanent as a reminder. But, like I said, I did it for me, to be a reminder and a way to cope. <strong>And no one gets to tell me the "right" way to do that, ya know?</strong>
    Posted by Jill9288[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>That is so so true and it makes me so happy that you know it. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_howdy-folks-its-night-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ffcdc56c-c306-4b04-86c4-4b1ed59135bdPost:84da4696-fcee-4beb-9d76-606199f93096">Re:Howdy folks! It's night time!</a>:
    [QUOTE]HAT. I just ate my weight in chili and cheese and hotdogs and fries dipped in ranch. I think it's time for an intervention.
    Posted by rachers1017[/QUOTE]

<div>I don't know how you have the ass that you do if you eat like that, but please share your secrets.</div>
  • Ugh.  I have to figure out what to write in this thank you note.

So, I feel like such a biiiitch right now. My b-day was last week, and MIL said she sent me something when she called to wish me a happy b-day. It came today. I'm sure she meant well, because when she was here in June I was craving bakery and cookies - (it's faded, but I don't talk to her more than every other week and it's pretty superficial conversation). She sent me a tin of cookies and a little lemon cake from Cheryl & Co. The shipping label was created on the 11th and they've been travelling un-refrigerated in 90-100 degree weather for 5 days now. The little cake feels like the oils from the frosting seeped through the plastic wrap on the cake, it's all slick and oily feeling on the outside. I'm seriously considering sending a nice thank you note and tossing it all. And the last thing in I need after stuffing a 3 BR, 2 car garage house with a full basement into a 2 BR 1 car garage apartment with no basement is a couple of birthday tins that I will never use for anything - EVER. The big one is musical when you open it up. I know it was for MY birthday, but I was hoping she'd have sent me something cute for the baby or something she thought I'd find useful for me once the baby came or something. OMG, why am I so annoyed by what should be a thoughtful gift. I'm awful.  

And - I have no idea how to write the thank you note without it sounding like i'm injecting my feelings into it.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_howdy-folks-its-night-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ffcdc56c-c306-4b04-86c4-4b1ed59135bdPost:d1a7f1f5-6472-4c60-9dd4-fa0b017ec191">Re: Howdy folks! It's night time!</a>:
    [QUOTE]\ Jill, your tattoo is amazing. Are you a big Florence and the Machine fan? FI and I went to see her in April and it was a blast.
    Posted by ThankfulSnail[/QUOTE]

I'm a fan. I had a miscarriage about 2 weeks ago, so it's got a bit of a double meaning.
  • Jess! Don't feel bad! I didn't broadcast.
  • I think I feel a little hurt that Aleigh didn't invite me to participate in Jill's card.  KyKate got me in on Birdie's flowers.  :/  But Jill, know that I have been thinking about you a lot.  (And I agree, your mom will get over the tattoo.  You need to heal in whatever way works best for you.)
  • I have to share this. We took my nephew to see The Lion King since Broadway Across America tours in Houston, and he LOVED it.

Today, he participated in a kid's day-camp today and had a blast, and apparently, this happened when he got home:

He fell asleep reading the Playbill from the musical. He's 6. My heart is an ooey-gooey mess now, especially since I'm a theatre person. :)
  • Jill, sending you a hug.  Everyone deals with things in their own way and I think what you two have done is beautiful. 

• That's a bummer, Loopy.  I think it's perfectly fair to be disappointed when someone gets you a gift that is useless.  
  • Oh man my point was not to get Aleigh in the doghouse w/ anyone lol. I'm guessing the message just went to as many people as she could find and probably missed people. Its hard to remember everyone when you're doing mass stuff like that. 
  • Thanks Mica :)

Jess & Trav, that's adorable. We have tickets to see it in September for my birthday.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_howdy-folks-its-night-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ffcdc56c-c306-4b04-86c4-4b1ed59135bdPost:d07f85fe-6305-44ee-a233-ffa70294ddcc">Re: Howdy folks! It's night time!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Howdy folks! It's night time! : I'm a fan. I had a miscarriage about 2 weeks ago, so it's got a bit of a double meaning.

<div>I'm so sorry to hear this. Hugs to you, pretty lady.</div>
  • Aw, Jill. I am so sorry to hear that. I cannot imagine how difficult that must be. You are definitely in my T&P as you're coping and dealing with this difficult time.
  • Jill, I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. I agree, your mom will get over it. Both of my tattoos are something I got during a hard time/to remember it gets better. 
  • ThankfulSnailThankfulSnail member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_howdy-folks-its-night-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ffcdc56c-c306-4b04-86c4-4b1ed59135bdPost:d07f85fe-6305-44ee-a233-ffa70294ddcc">Re: Howdy folks! It's night time!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Howdy folks! It's night time! : I'm a fan. I had a miscarriage about 2 weeks ago, so it's got a bit of a double meaning.
    I'm sorry, I missed a few pages in here and haven't been around terribly often, so I missed that. I think that's a wonderful quote to use to bring you peace. And nobody- not even close family like your parents- can tell you how to cope.<div>
    </div><div>I got a tattoo in honor of my mom about 6 months before she died, but when we knew she was going to pass. My dad was NOT a fan, and warned me against it. But you know what? It's been 5 years and I still love it and am so glad I have that visual reminder and symbol of her. More power to you.</div>
  • heb557heb557 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Holy crap, I wasn't gonna post cause H and I are getting ready for movie night.. but I have to .

Jill-I'm so sorry. I honestly don't know what else to say. I'm so so sorry.
    We're Married!! And I couldn't be happier!
  • Jess, that's super cute.

Jill - I'm glad you are finding ways to cope.  My heart goes out to you and your H.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_howdy-folks-its-night-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ffcdc56c-c306-4b04-86c4-4b1ed59135bdPost:e374dbe6-5302-40f1-b119-7c0aa1e26908">Re: Howdy folks! It's night time!</a>:
    [QUOTE] Jess & Trav, that's adorable. We have tickets to see it in September for my birthday.

If you haven't seen it before, you will love it, and if you have, you obviously love it if you're seeing it again. ;)

I cried in the opening. It was SO beautiful. The music, the costumes, the dancing...so breath-taking. If I had to choose to only see one part of the musical, it'd be the opening.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_howdy-folks-its-night-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ffcdc56c-c306-4b04-86c4-4b1ed59135bdPost:13925469-e3d2-4609-a0ee-1616308dd919">Re: Howdy folks! It's night time!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think I feel a little hurt that Aleigh didn't invite me to participate in Jill's card.  KyKate got me in on Birdie's flowers.  :/  But Jill, know that I have been thinking about you a lot.  (And I agree, your mom will get over the tattoo.  You need to heal in whatever way works best for you.)
    Posted by mica178[/QUOTE]

<div>All of this. I don't always have everyone's addresses, but I definitely want people to know I'm thinking about them. LDY got me in on Aleigh's cards for her grandfather's death, KyKate and LVB got me in on Birdie (I couldn't help with the flowers, but I sent a card), etc.</div><div>
    </div><div>Jill, your H's tattoo sounds wonderful, too. I have been thinking of you, and I hope the two of you find some peace, whatever it takes. You're awesome.</div>
  • Thank you all! I'm totally not trying to bring anyone down; we're doing ok. Each day does get a bit easier.

On a happier note, I think we've officially decided to buy a house next summer, so there's that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards