Just Engaged and Proposals

Show Off Your Rings Here!

Re: Show Off Your Rings Here!

• My partner did an awesome job! It's a lovely blue sapphire, and the wedding band has two sapphires half its size that sit on either side. It's exactly what I wanted.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • pengwinnpengwinn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited August 2013
    Hello all! :) Just got engaged two weeks ago and I just got my ring back from being sized, etc ... it's an heirloom ring which makes me like it a little more. My mother in law brought up the idea of getting a different setting - I think  it looks pretty already but I don't know anything about rings. What would you do?
  • (Oops..in case the photo didn't work in my last post!)
  • First time poster on these boards. My love and I got engaged on July 13 this year! I'm so excited about getting married next year! Not excited about planning a wedding...
    Anyway... he took me on a hike and at one point as we sat on a rock just talking he pulled out some poems he had written me (I have a book of more from before) and with the last line of the last one he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him!!

I absolutely LOVE my ring!! It's sooo sparkly and I catch myself staring at it all the time.
  • edited August 2013
    First time poster on these boards. My love and I got engaged on July 13 this year! I'm so excited about getting married next year! Not excited about planning a wedding...
    Anyway... he took me on a hike and at one point as we sat on a rock just talking he pulled out some poems he had written me (I have a book of more from before) and with the last line of the last one he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him!!

I absolutely LOVE my ring!! It's sooo sparkly and I catch myself staring at it all the time.

• Just got engaged on Tuesday!!! I love my ring!!!
  • pengwinn said:
    Hello all! :) Just got engaged two weeks ago and I just got my ring back from being sized, etc ... it's an heirloom ring which makes me like it a little more. My mother in law brought up the idea of getting a different setting - I think  it looks pretty already but I don't know anything about rings. What would you do?

Your ring looks beautiful as is!! I posted mine just before yours, it's an heirloom as well and I made some minor changes to it, but I like yours as it is. Congrats!!

We just got engaged 48 hours ago.  He proposed at work (we work together) at my desk in front of my team and our close friends from work.  I'm still giddy!
  • If you think it's already pretty and love it, then it's fine. No need to mess with it if it's already lovely. :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • This is mine. It belonged to my fiancé's grandmother. It's funny, I have always wanted an emerald ring (my birthstone), and I knew I wasn't getting one, so I was afraid I would be disappointed. Now I can't even tell which emerald ring it is I thought I wanted because I love mine so much. :)

We got Engaged Friday 8/30/13, My ring is a Handmade artisan ring, made of recycled silver suits me as an artist, Eco conscious, and creative soul. 

Lissa 5.17.14

• All of the women at the jewelry store loved my ring!  My hubby-to-be did a great job buying the almost 2-carat emerald.  It’s special because this is his birthstone.  I love it! 

• I got engaged on 8/23/13 and I still can't stop staring at my gorgeous ring. Tacori has always been my dream designer for engagement rings, and my incredible fiance made my dream come true :)

I was driving and the sun hit it at the perfect angle... I couldn't help but take a picture since it took my breath away!

Stats (pulled from my GIA certificate report:
    Carots: 1.19
    Stone: Brilliant Round 
    Color Grade: J 
    Clarity Grade: VS2 
    Cut Grade: Excellent 
    Polish: Excellent 
    Symmetry: Excellent 
    Flourescence: None
  • knkelchknkelch member
    First Comment
    edited September 2013
    This ring couldn't be more perfect for me.  It's an antique we found in downtown New Orleans.  $600!!!  It's .50 c Amethyst .28 c diamonds and 18 k gold.  

• FI and I have been engaged almost a year (9-27-12) and although I loved my original ring there were issues with insurance and coverage and I got a new ring. Definitely an upgrade from my .25 carat before. This set is a little over 1 and shines beautifully
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We got engaged 11/15/13 but I never posted my ring so hey why not...I love coming here and looking at all the unique rings! image
  • Got engaged 8/16/13! So excited to marry the love of my life :) we will be waiting a while until we tie the knot, as I'm still in college, but so excited to be able to call him my future husband!!

• We were just engaged a little over a week ago!  Here is my beauty.  The total weight is 2.8cts with a center stone of just over 2cts.  We haven't set a date yet but are thinking September of 2015.
  • Here's mine- a platinum cathedral setting with a princess cut. I picked it out and I LOVE it! A big thank you goes out to Shane Co!
  • Here's mine- a platinum cathedral setting with a princess cut. I picked it out and I LOVE it! A big thank you goes out to Shane Co!
  • Engaged yesterday and super excited! I'm so in love with my ring...and my fiancé. :)
  • I finally am engaged... so weird! I never thought I would be surprised. I read all the articles here and on cosmo on hints he's going to propose, and yet when it actually happened, I was shocked! Its beautiful and sits low on my finger which is important since I work as a letter carrier :)

• Oh my gosh, all your rings are huge! Mine's a .55 carat solitaire round cut :)
  • White gold princess cut with two side stones.
    I love it! Just got engaged two days ago!
  • I couldn't have asked for sweeter guy! He got me a ring and a puppy! Alvin is the puppy's name, I didn't name the ring... hahaha.... yet!
  • maebryjames89maebryjames89 member
    First Comment
    edited September 2013
  • Here's mine he designed it himself with some help... I have large hands so he wanted something that wouldn't look dwarfed.. Got engaged about 3 weeks ago over KFC on a Monday night lol
  • ShellLillianShellLillian member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited September 2013
    Just got engaged yesterday! We are hoping for a May 2014 wedding which is crazy soon, but hopefully we can pull it off.
    We had looked at rings together so he knew what I like but he picked this out totally on his own and it's perfect.
    I love antique style rings with all kinds of details but they are usually very big and flashy which isn't my thing (I have very small hands, too), and this one is perfect. It's so pretty and delicate and I have not stopped looking at it.
    Plus, we are both super environmentally and ethically conscious so I didn't want a blood diamond or mined gold and this ring is a certified antique so virtually no environmental or ethical footprint =]
    I'm so happy!
  • sockmisersockmiser member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited September 2013

We are engaged! Finally! My amazing... gosh my fiancé, proposed on my birthday as we watched the fireworks at Disney World this past Saturday! He used to live in Orlando abut I had never been. It was such a wonderful surprise. From what I have told, he had a bit of help from one of our friends but in the end the decision was his. And for that I love him all the more.

Right now we are hoping for a late spring or if not a fall wedding in 2014. Nothing too big, after all our friends getting married this past year or so I'm honestly a bit burnt out! Our goal is to stay upbeat through the entire process and let the wedding reflect our lively relationship.