Wedding Etiquette Forum

Cash Bars - Everything you need to know in one place

Re: Cash Bars - Everything you need to know in one place

• Yes, because racism and cash bars certainly go hand in hand. I can totally see your point.
  • Aurora - you sound like such an enormous douchebag.
  •  
    jaimkirk said:
    Yes, because racism and cash bars certainly go hand in hand. I can totally see your point.
    Dude, you're the one who brought up the opinion/fact debate. You're not even a fun troll.
  • jaimkirk said:
    My wedding is done and over. No one had low opinions. We had open bar during cocktail hour and wine service throughout all of dinner. There was plenty (read: PLENTY) of free booze.

There are many, many things I judge brides on at their weddings. Cash bar simply isn't one of them.
    So your wedding is done and over and you felt the need to come to a site, which you just signed up for after your wedding, to make a wrong statement in an etiquette board. What is the point of that?
    Yeah, get out of here you old married hag! your wedding is over! I feel sorry for your husband yadda yadda yadda...and see its normally the trolls saying that to us .
    Anniversary
  • cash bar = racism

like are you joking
  • Aurora sounds like she is going to have the perfect wedding with all of the perfect etiquettes. 
    Yep me too..I am only having beer and wine because that's all me and my FI can afford...but damn it ..nobody is going to have to open their wallet at my wedding. I am having the wedding I can AFFORD.
    Anniversary
  • cash bar = racism

like are you joking
    Like, given everything else you've posted, this is exactly the point I expected you to arrive upon.
  • i hope someone tells you that your wedding is a sham because you only served beer and wine
  • Really smallfri or whatever the hell your name is? Telling someone who is already married to get off the boards? ARE YOU AN IDIOT. There are countless discussions on here where married women offer great insight. 
    Man..you are right! I forgot to use my SARCASM font...
    Anniversary
  • Aurora sounds like she is going to have the perfect wedding with all of the perfect etiquettes. 

I don't see a problem with this. That sounds very nice.
  • I can't argue with stupid.
    funny, me neither...you know..we could almost be friends..except well if I got knocked up you would call me a whore too.
    Anniversary
  • I don't think anywhere in my vent did I call my friend ANY sort of names. Must suck not to be able to read.
    Oh no you are right! Reading comprehension fail! I am such a dummy..you would just REPLACE me because I was choosing to move on with my life and not wait around for you to catch up.
    Anniversary
  • Why do you need that much help? I think you need to visit some of these threads that explain NO ONE is required to help you. It's YOUR wedding. Your FI is the only person obligated to assist you. Reevaluate your wedding or your friends will seriously be reevaluating their relationship with you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yes OBVIOUSLY I have to find someone else to help me because she can't be there. I AM SO OFFENSIVE. 
    You must not be very close to her if she is so replaceable....god forbid if my BEST FRIEND couldn't make it to my wedding of course I would be upset..but I wouldn't replace her as some sort of PROP. It doesn't make your marriage invalid if someone doesn't stand next to you..
    Anniversary
  • No, that's not what we are saying. Your MOH is not an employee, she doesn't work for you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Dramatic much eh? I want a maid of honor. Now that the person I chose to do it can't I have to not have one? That makes no sense.
    So you want a prop? I asked my best friend and my sister to stand up with me because they are important to me.. because I wanted to honor them. Because they have supported me through my relationship. Not because I wanted someone pretty to stand next to me and help me plan (because news flash, that's not the function of a Moh or BM's). If one of them couldn't make it I wouldn't replace them because I couldn't, nobody has been there for me like they have..my relationship and how I feel about them is irreplaceable...
    Anniversary
  • @smallfri You are seriously fucking retarded.
    why? because I have compassion and common sense..because I CARE about the people who stand next to me? Because I want to treat my guests with courtesy? what makes me "retarded" which btw is REALLY offensive to people who actually struggle with retardation..... @KnotPorscha this troll has run her course.. I believe.
    Anniversary
  • @KnotPorsha, this thread has officially gone to a new level. I hate to suggest it, because it's been of help to many, but maybe closing it would be best.
  • tcnoble judging from your picture I think the troll is you.
    This is a hurtful and terrible thing to say (not to mention completely untrue). Please just stop.
  • It's the most wonderful time of the year!
    With the Knot Gods all gone and the trolls are along
    And they're bored off their rears!
    It's the most wonderful time, of the year!

• tcnoble judging from your picture I think the troll is you.
    @KnotPorscha , Please..this is now a personal attack on @tcnoble and against the TOS.
    Anniversary
  • Please do not turn this forum in to a place for your cyber bullying.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jaimkirk said:
    Cash bars are a regional thing. No one in my area thinks it's rude.

OP is rude for making such a blanket statement about something. If you don't like cash bars, don't have one. Same goes for lots of things in life. Abortions, divorce, kids. If you don't like 'em. Simply don't have 'em. End of story.
    Regional differences may exist but there is no need to follow poor etiquette with more poor etiquette.

I moved to central Massachusetts about 5 years ago from Connecticut. FI, who is from Massachusetts told me when we started planning the wedding that no one in this area has open bars and that he had never been to a wedding with an open bar. I told him that was all fine and good but that our wedding would have an open bar for beer and wine. No hard alcohol will be served.

I figured maybe he hadn't been to too many weddings and that maybe the cash bar thing wasn't as prevalent as he thought but we went to his cousin's wedding last weekend and there it was.... The CASH BAR!! The only one I had ever seen. Not only did they charge for alcohol but they had the nerve to charge $2.50 for a club soda in a 6 oz glass (I don't drink). I ended up drinking water most of the night. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • wow, that's just nuts
  • I love how she jumped all over me and was so vicious and now I'M the bad one. YIKES.
    Yes, because telling someone that their idea is poor etiquette is not an attack. Making rude comments about other people's pictures is a personal attack. It's against the TOS, which I'm sure you didn't read.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards