Chit Chat

There are people missing.

2456789

Re: There are people missing.

  • AddieCakeAddieCake Beyond the Wall member
    10000 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary 25 Answers
    JC, I was talking to ladyamanuet, who stated that she questioned if it was true.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
    image
    rajahmd
  • JCbride2015JCbride2015 Dirty Jerz member
    5000 Comments 500 Love Its Second Anniversary First Answer
    AddieCake said:
    JC, I was talking to ladyamanuet, who stated that she questioned if it was true.
    Gotcha.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image

    "I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

  • i have beenasking myself the same thing since my return! and Maggie!


  • JCbride2015JCbride2015 Dirty Jerz member
    5000 Comments 500 Love Its Second Anniversary First Answer
    JaniV123 said:
    i have beenasking myself the same thing since my return! and Maggie!
    Maggie is still here!  She's active on Etiquette more than CC, I think.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image

    "I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

  • @addiecake I said it seemed to me not to be true, based on how they were behaving and what they were saying and the context it came up in. I have no idea if it was or not. But if their aim was to show everyone what a wretched evil bitch HGF is, all they did was show me that they are grudge-holding, petty assholes.  Again, this is solely based on their behavior on one thread.  That is how they came off to me.

    I don't know what happened a year ago, and I don't care. I wasn't here, it didn't affect me (that I am aware of), and it's been a damn year (apparently). So yes, all I can do is speculate based on what I observed. And what I observed was people being assholes. 

    Will that affect how I post on the boards? Of course not. I won't purposely seek out their threads to derail them and tell them I think they are assholes.  If they say something I agree with, I won't pretend I don't because I think they acted like children. I'll agree with them and tell them they had a valid point. 

    I also don't think HGF is the type to feel pushed out.  She is probably busy/needed a break from the immature behavior.
    My reaction to most everything on the internet today:
    image
    FiancBKatWAGEmmy1493KatieinBkln
  • ladyamanuetladyamanuet member
    Eighth Anniversary 500 Love Its 100 Comments First Answer
    edited June 2014
    @JCBride2015 I can imagine studying would take a priority in July once the exam is closer ;) But when your brain hurts, make sure you take a break and come visit us =D

    ETF typo
    My reaction to most everything on the internet today:
    image
    JCbride2015
  • beetherybeethery So sayeth the fuckin' Pope. member
    5000 Comments 500 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    I want to know if LAM's MIL was ever located. She was actually missing...
    I think she chimed in the other day and said they have not found her yet. I feel horrible for her.
    --

    I'm the fuck out.

    image
  • ShesSoColdShesSoCold bend over and I'll show ya mod
    Moderator 5000 Comments Fifth Anniversary 500 Love Its
    beethery said:
    I want to know if LAM's MIL was ever located. She was actually missing...
    I think she chimed in the other day and said they have not found her yet. I feel horrible for her.
    Oh god. Me too. I cannot imagine what that must feel like. Both for her personally and for her to support her FI. :( 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
    MuppetOverlordPrettyGirlLost
  • AddieCakeAddieCake Beyond the Wall member
    10000 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary 25 Answers
    Did she go though with the wedding?
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
    image
  • beethery said:
    I want to know if LAM's MIL was ever located. She was actually missing...
    I think she chimed in the other day and said they have not found her yet. I feel horrible for her.
    Oh god. Me too. I cannot imagine what that must feel like. Both for her personally and for her to support her FI. :( 

    I was just thinking of her yesterday. I really hope that they have found her MIL.
  • There are old regs still on here and they've been on - it wasn't just for that specific thread. Some of us just don't come on as often as others. 
    ScoutFthatgirl7
  • beetherybeethery So sayeth the fuckin' Pope. member
    5000 Comments 500 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    AddieCake said:
    Did she go though with the wedding?
    I believe they postponed.
    --

    I'm the fuck out.

    image
  • AddieCake said:
    It's fine if you thought they were being assholes. I won't hold that against you. I just wanted to clarify as someone who WAS there, both here and in a private Facebook group with HGF, that the things that were said to have happened did indeed happen. And like I said in my posts on the 28th, it will never matter how much time has passed. I and several others will always have been affected by it. Also, as I said before, I will never treat HGF maliciously and don't have any sort of grudge against her as far as my interaction with her here, and I will never start fresh drama over the old drama. I'm nice to most everyone here, and no reg, new or old, will probably ever know it if I don't care for them.
    Which, in my eyes, makes you a better poster than a lot of those on the thread.  I get that it affected you and others, and it sucked. But attacking someone for something that happened a year ago when the original thread had nothing to do with it - that sucks more.

    I still see you interact with her frequently and politely.  That's mature.  I cannot think of an instance where I have thought you were immature - I often agree wholeheartedly with what you post. 

    I am sure that if they had the same mature presence as you I would have believed what they were saying.  But, at the same time, if they had the same mature presence, I don't think they would have hijacked a thread meant to be about funny S/O stories and made it a personal attack on someone. Their attitudes and actions were what made me not believe it.  If someone is calmly telling me "this happened" I will be more likely to believe it than if someone is screaming "she's an evil internet nazi whore who works with the men in black to erase people from existence and you are a fucktard sheep lemming for ever agreeing with one thing she ever said!" - I'm probably going to think what you are saying is bullshit since you are acting like a child.

    Anyway, that's a whole lot of time wasted writing something that, in the long run, isn't important. 

    tl;dr - It's just how I operate online.  If you can maturely state your differing opinion or your issue with blah blah blah, I will listen - I don't care if you are a bit snarky or swear or any of that - you don't have to be so polite I gag or anything, I have CERTAINLY gotten a little harsh with some of the special snowflakes on etiquette trying to get through their thick skulls.  However, if you scream at me that I am an asshole for agreeing with a comment of someone you have a high-school grudge against (even if the person DID actually do something, holding a grudge for a year and trying to get other people to hate that person IS totally a High School move, IMO) then I'm likely not going to give any weight to anything you say.

    @addiecake You do seem mature enough not to hold the fact that I think those other posters are assholes against me. So I appreciate that, especially since it seems you have a long standing connection to them. I enjoy posting on these boards, and I often enjoy the responses you provide.
    My reaction to most everything on the internet today:
    image
    ashley8918FiancBRebeccaB88
  • beethery said:
    I want to know if LAM's MIL was ever located. She was actually missing...
    I think she chimed in the other day and said they have not found her yet. I feel horrible for her.
    She did come on and say that she is in fact still missing.  Someone found an article about an older woman being found after 74 days or something and was hoping it was LAM's FMIL.  It wasn't, unfortunately. 

    So sad for her and her FI.  I really hope they can get some closure soon.
    My reaction to most everything on the internet today:
    image
  • ladyamanuetladyamanuet member
    Eighth Anniversary 500 Love Its 100 Comments First Answer
    edited June 2014
    AddieCake said:
    It's fine if you thought they were being assholes. I won't hold that against you. I just wanted to clarify as someone who WAS there, both here and in a private Facebook group with HGF, that the things that were said to have happened did indeed happen. And like I said in my posts on the 28th, it will never matter how much time has passed. I and several others will always have been affected by it. Also, as I said before, I will never treat HGF maliciously and don't have any sort of grudge against her as far as my interaction with her here, and I will never start fresh drama over the old drama. I'm nice to most everyone here, and no reg, new or old, will probably ever know it if I don't care for them.
    Which, in my eyes, makes you a better poster than a lot of those on the thread.  I get that it affected you and others, and it sucked. But attacking someone for something that happened a year ago when the original thread had nothing to do with it - that sucks more.

    I still see you interact with her frequently and politely.  That's mature.  I cannot think of an instance where I have thought you were immature - I often agree wholeheartedly with what you post. 

    I am sure that if they had the same mature presence as you I would have believed what they were saying.  But, at the same time, if they had the same mature presence, I don't think they would have hijacked a thread meant to be about funny S/O stories and made it a personal attack on someone. Their attitudes and actions were what made me not believe it.  If someone is calmly telling me "this happened" I will be more likely to believe it than if someone is screaming "she's an evil internet nazi whore who works with the men in black to erase people from existence and you are a fucktard sheep lemming for ever agreeing with one thing she ever said!" - I'm probably going to think what you are saying is bullshit since you are acting like a child.

    Anyway, that's a whole lot of time wasted writing something that, in the long run, isn't important. 

    tl;dr - It's just how I operate online.  If you can maturely state your differing opinion or your issue with blah blah blah, I will listen - I don't care if you are a bit snarky or swear or any of that - you don't have to be so polite I gag or anything, I have CERTAINLY gotten a little harsh with some of the special snowflakes on etiquette trying to get through their thick skulls.  However, if you scream at me that I am an asshole for agreeing with a comment of someone you have a high-school grudge against (even if the person DID actually do something, holding a grudge for a year and trying to get other people to hate that person IS totally a High School move, IMO) then I'm likely not going to give any weight to anything you say.

    @addiecake You do seem mature enough not to hold the fact that I think those other posters are assholes against me. So I appreciate that, especially since it seems you have a long standing connection to them. I enjoy posting on these boards, and I often enjoy the responses you provide.
    You do realize it's not just about what happened last year right?
    Don't care.  Still incredibly  immature to hijack a thread to try and convince everyone that they should all hate someone who posts on internet boards. 

    Does it suck for some of you that people you actually knew or had become very close internet friends with were affected? I bet it did.  I have no doubt. 

    But if trying to get people to pick sides wasn't immature enough (which is totally is btw), the way it was went about on that thread was even MORE immature.  That is my point. 

    @addiecake calmly and clearly said what was stated did happen. She did it without saying I was a mindless lemming for ever having once agreed with HGF (to be fair I never posted on that thread, so I suppose there isn't really any ammunition for that one, other than E-board threads where I have agreed with advice HGF's given). She did it without calling me an asshole.  She did it without being an asshole. So I believe her.

    Sucks for all of you that whatever happened happened and that you still have issues with how HGF posts.  It does, I'm not being snotty. You had a group and a place and it was apparently ripped down or apart because of something HGF did. I get that that is sucky.  But continuing to talk about it - like just then, saying it's more than what happened last year - is so unnecessarily vindictive to me. Ok, given, I don't know what happened. But unless she raped your mother and murdered your father, I just don't see the point in holding a grudge for something that happened on an internet board.  I have enough stress in my life. I don't need high blood pressure because of an internet board. 

    But that might just be me

    ETA: but as a said before, I am not going to hold anything against anyone.  In my opinion, a lot of people behaved like assholes in that thread. In my opinion, trying to convince people to dislike someone on an internet board is immature.  But it's my opinion, and I'm not going to call out specific usernames or hijack threads or anything.  I will politely interact with everyone because I use these boards for advice and entertainment.  Mostly entertainment.
    My reaction to most everything on the internet today:
    image
    ohannabelleashley8918KatWAG
  • ladyamanuetladyamanuet member
    Eighth Anniversary 500 Love Its 100 Comments First Answer
    edited June 2014
    It's not really worth rehashing more. I get that some of you have a problem with HGF. Some of us don't. My hope would be that we can leave it at that and all be TKBoard friends even though there is one or more people we don't both agree on. Like I said, I enjoy posting here, and I have nothing against anyone.  It passes the time so well when I am home alone.

    On a less interesting note, I am in fact currently stuck home alone in a massive storm doing laundry while FH is at work.  I'm watching the end of Studio 60 (I've watched the whole series this week for the umpteen millionth time).  Anyone watch that? I love Aaron Sorkin.

    And I'm hungry, but lazy from doing so many loads of laundry and having more to do, so I don't want to cook. But I don't want to go out. And I don't want to order in.  So, I don't know what to do for dinner.  Maybe I'll pop over to the thread about what's for dinner.... Edited to finish my damn sentence.... brain is apparently not working due to hunger
    My reaction to most everything on the internet today:
    image
  • I dislike the generalization that this thread seems to be imposing upon old-regs as being childish, asinine bitches and the message that it's not okay to disagree with someone based on historic and present interactions.

    All of my posts were purposeful and respectful.

    I never said it was all old-regs. Nor did I say that you can't disagree. I said trying to convince others to dislike HGF is immature and telling people that do like her that they are mindless lemmings is immature. If you didn't do that, then I wasn't talking about you. There were a few specific people that, in MY opinion, were acting like assholes. It wasn't everyone. I never said it was everyone.
    My reaction to most everything on the internet today:
    image
    ohannabelle
  • I'm really confused by everything I read...I don't pretend to understand what happened, I wasn't here but the whole sequence of events on that thread was most bizarre.

    I see some names that were around when I first started pipe in, and some new faces too...but I still don't get what the whole point of that was?

    Am I just really daft? 
  • smalfrie19smalfrie19 Home of SB XLVIII Champs member
    Ninth Anniversary 1000 Comments 500 Love Its Combo Breaker
    FTR, HGF has been super busy with work. 
    Anniversary
    image
    LakeR2014
  • Also, if she's running away because she was called out for poor behavior, you all better think twice when you respond to a newbie, calling her out for poor behavior.

    Also, people have lives beyond TK.
    image
    grumbledore
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards