Chit Chat

Grounds for divorce... After 3 weeks of marriage

12345679»

Re: Grounds for divorce... After 3 weeks of marriage

• Understood. I wasn't speaking on her behalf I was speaking on mine. That'll be the last defense I have in stating my opinion. She really should be the primary focus here.
    Exactly, she is the focus here. Then why did you bring it up to begin with and not just PM cupcait?

• @Senecaf
    I'm happy to see he is being reasonable about all this.
    I truly hope he gets the help that he needs and is able to function in the parenting/spousal capacity that you had hoped.

I really am looking forward to hearing an update from you in the coming weeks and hope for the best for your family.
  • Seneca, I'm glad you're okay. Thinking about you.
  • My thoughts are with you Senecaf. Was thinking about you yesterday while at work and I hope you're doing a bit better...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Seneca, I'm thinking about you and your kids today.  You are so strong.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Man, this made my heart hurt. You're so brave and amazing.

You've already done so incredibly well.
  • I just got a chance to read this thread, and I wanted to tell you I'm thinking of you and your kiddos today. PPs have given you great advice and food for thought, and it sounds like you're taking the advice you feel you need to take.

I agree with PPs saying let him pay for/do whatever he offers to pay for/do. 

Thoughts and hugs to you and your kiddos. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • @Seneca - I know I'm completely late to this but I just read your post & the update. Both made me want to cry for you. I have no advice to add, as plenty has been posted. Just wanted to send hugs & positive thoughts your way. You're a strong woman and I wish you & your babies nothing but the best. xo 
  • I'm late to the thread and PP's have given you a ton of wonderful advice. I'm just hear to offer hugs to you and the kiddos. 
  • I'm sorry you're going through this. I can only give you my experience. I was with a man who hit me. It didn't start until we were living together. Every time, he convinced me he was sorry, and I believed him. It went on for a year until I got together the strength to leave him, but I had to move hundreds of miles away to do it. I don't believe he ever would have changed.
  • I think, years down the road, that your kids are going to think back on this time and think "wow, Mom really had our backs." I know everything kind of sucks right now but you are definitely doing the right thing. Sending love and prayers your way.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • Reading this on Tuesday, too late to offer you any new advice for the time being, I do want to offer my support along with all the PPs. Thank you for writing that update. I am sure it was incredibly difficult, but I think if you ever come back to read it, you'll be proud of who you are and the choices that you made. 

As you mentioned, you should do whatever you need to do to heal and take the next steps--you don't owe us updates, especially if it's too painful. But if you ever need the community here, please feel heartened by the amount of support you have even by those of us who post infrequently.  

Then happy I, that love and am beloved 
    Where I may not remove nor be removed.

--William Shakespeare (Sonnet 25)

• edited September 2014
    @SenecaF, I just want to put something in perspective for you.

I can only imagine how hard this is, especially with two kids.  And I know you don't want to parent alone, or deal with the financial, emotional, or scheduling challenges that come along with parenting alone.

But ask yourself this...would you rather these kids have 1 stable parent at home or 0?  Because if this happens again, and he does succeed in killing you (which he could have easily done when he tried to run you over), then your kids have no mother.  And their father will be in prison.

ETA:  I'm very proud of you for kicking him out and changing the locks, and my thoughts are with you.  HUGS. 
  • I'm sorry I'm late to this and I know PP have given you amazing advice. I'm sorry you're going through this. You're in my thoughts and prayers.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @SenecaF

I know you said you were leaving for awhile but I just wanted you to know I was thinking about you in case you check back in from time to time.

*msstaticfancypants*
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh god I just thought I'd check up on tk today and then found this. I am so sorry. You are being exceptionally clear headed about all of this, keep it up. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards