Wedding Etiquette Forum

good grief

I feel like people on these forums have nothing better to do than bash on other brides and how they chose to carry out their weddings. Im pretty sure the people bashing were once sensitive and concerned brides at one point! I thought we were here to support each other. Not tear each other down!

Re: good grief

• tiphenieB said:
    I feel like people on these forums have nothing better to do than bash on other brides and how they chose to carry out their weddings. Im pretty sure the people bashing were once sensitive and concerned brides at one point! I thought we were here to support each other. Not tear each other down!
    Well seeing as work is slow today I was in need of some entertainment.

• OMFG no one was bashing you! They told you that it was not a good idea to do this. We are here to support each other, but we are NOT here to validate bad ideas. 

On a personal level, I think honeyfunds are tacky. And I think adding a cutesy poem to anything makes something tacky even tackier. 

You also have to realize that your closest family and friends may not be completely truthful with you because they may not want to hurt your feelings. At the end of the day, it's your wedding, do what you want. You can take our advice or leave it.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• I see the people who don't have lives are the only ones commenting..... I'm making a general statement. I have been reading other discussions and its the same thing. People (all of you) bashing brides for their plans in their weddings.... get a life.
  • We are here to support other brides by giving them advice on how to plan a wedding that is etiquette correct.  That way they can realize that some things are not ok to do because doing that thing means that they are being rude to their guests.

If brides choose to ignore the etiquette conscious advice we give them, than they have no one to blame but themselves when they find out that their family and friends are talking about how awfully rude their wedding was.  

Formerly cwradford

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• esstee33 said:
    penguin44 said:
    The etiquette forum is probably not for you...

**SITB** 

Or, like, the internet in general. 
    Well yeah. But this would be like me going to a penguin-killing website (I hope this doesn't exist), and then getting upset that they talk about killing penguins.
    Anniversary

• @sarahbear31--Tough luck. You just commented. You now have no life and are a big meanie!

Oh poop.
  • esstee33 said:

penguin44 said:

esstee33 said:

penguin44 said:

**SITB** 

Well yeah. But this would be like me going to a penguin-killing website (I hope this doesn't exist), and then getting upset that they talk about killing penguins.

Oh, man, I really hope a website like that doesn't exist. 

Although, sidenote: Did you know there's a bar in Japan at which you can actually watch live penguins? http://www.penginbar.jp/en/

I would get so wasted, just sitting there watching penguins. 

That is so cool! I just sent the link to DH. Haha.

I'm pretty sure people think I'm weird when I go see the penguins at the zoo. I stand there for about 30 minutes. Is that not normal?
    Anniversary

• penguin44 said:
    penguin44 said:
    esstee33 said:
    penguin44 said:

**SITB** 

Although, sidenote: Did you know there's a bar in Japan at which you can actually watch live penguins? http://www.penginbar.jp/en/

That is so cool! I just sent the link to DH. Haha. I'm pretty sure people think I'm weird when I go see the penguins at the zoo. I stand there for about 30 minutes. Is that not normal?
    That's how I am with lemurs and fruit bats. At the Cleveland Zoo, the fruit bats are in this huge enclosure with lots of space in front of it, so I sit right there on the floor and just watch them. I absolutely love bats. 
  • alpacalunchalpacalunch member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited October 2014
    tiphenieB said: I see the people who don't have lives are the only ones commenting..... I'm making a general statement. I have been reading other discussions and its the same thing. People (all of you) bashing brides for their plans in their weddings.... get a life.
    Now that is rude. ETF: Boxes, stop being like this.
  • Honey, have yourself a margarita and calm down. No one was bashing you.

When I first started posting on here, I got my ass (rightfully) handed to me. There was nothing in the honeymoon thread to get upset over. We all have bad ideas, thats why we bounce ideas off people.

Anniversary
  • penguin44 said:
    penguin44 said:
    esstee33 said:
    penguin44 said:

**SITB** 

That is so cool! I just sent the link to DH. Haha. I'm pretty sure people think I'm weird when I go see the penguins at the zoo. I stand there for about 30 minutes. Is that not normal?
    Full disclosure, at my mom's behest, I once researched what it takes to keep a penguin as a pet. It's on my "what I'll do if I have a billion dollars" list. 
  • tiphenieB said:
    I see the people who don't have lives are the only ones commenting..... I'm making a general statement. I have been reading other discussions and its the same thing. People (all of you) bashing brides for their plans in their weddings.... get a life.
    And yet here you are whining about how mean everyone is because no one validated your tacky idea.  So where's your life, exactly?

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards