Chit Chat
Options

Walking Dead!!! *Show Spoilers only!!*

larrygagalarrygaga member
First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
edited October 2014 in Chit Chat
Let's leave the comics out of this!

Gareth isn't dead, I don't think. It looked like he just got shot in the arm and fell down safely out of sight.

Carol continues to be awesome.

Rick continues to be awesome.

I'm surprised they got rid of terminus that quickly!

That hug between rick and carol was adorable!!! I used to hate the daryl and carol thing, but I don't hate it so much anymore. 

I'm confused by the "Then" scenes. Are they flashbacks to before gareth took over?

EDIT: Comics should be kept out of this thread because they have two different story lines. That would be like taking a Game of Thrones book thread and spoiling the end of Inception!

However, they also share a few plot elements and characters, so discussing the comics could potentially spoil the show, and vice versa. If you guys want to dicuss comics, I can provide a link to make a new thread to discuss comics, or even both in the same thread!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Walking Dead!!! *Show Spoilers only!!*

• Options
    I LOVED it! But yet again, Rick goes half an episode not really knowing or caring where is kid is. Yeah, totally save Face Tattoo before you worry about Carl. That's cool.

Yes, the flashbacks were supposed to show how Terminus became overcome by "institutionalized evil." So they used to be a sanctuary, then people came in and took over/raped and murdered, so they revolted and took it back and... started eating people for reasons as yet unknown.

• Options
    The "Then" scenes was to show you what happened to Terminus before the people who ran Terminus got all kinds of crazy.  Basically the Terminus Mary lady said that the place was a sanctuary and a safe place for whoever came but then horrible people came and took over and raped and pillaged.  I am guessing the crazy Terminus people who captured the gang overtook the horrible people who raped and pillaged and decided that they needed to be the "butchers" instead of the "cattle" leading to them capturing, killing and eating people.

Carol is awesome.  She is such a bad ass.

The whole bat over the head and then slitting of throat scene made me squirm.

MORGAN IS BACK!!

• Options
    Best season premiere EVER! I used to hate Carol cuz she was so whiny and needy. Now she's like GI Joe badass. I love it. 

Apparently when they filmed the scene of the people getting bashed and then having their throats cut over the trough, the actors (main characters) hadn't been told any details about what would happen, so their reactions to all the blood were real. 

Also, for those of you who didn't watch Talking Dead, remember the episode where Rick takes Carol on a run to that neighborhood and then ends up giving her a car and sending her away? They meet a girl with a limp and a guy who want to come back to their camp with them. The girl and guy go off to help collect things and then they all plan to meet back up. The girl ends up getting eaten (Rick and Carol find half her leg) and then the guy is not seen again. Well, the first person to get their throat cut over the trough in last night's episode was that guy. 
  • Options
    I also loved that Tyrese got his mojo back - that Terminus asshat needed to die painfully after he threatened Judith and forced Tyrese out the door. 

• Options
    I also loved that Tyrese got his mojo back - that Terminus asshat needed to die painfully after he threatened Judith and forced Tyrese out the door. 
    I don't think that Tyrese killed that guy.  I think he just beat him up and left him in the shack unconcious.

• Options
    larrygaga said:
    Let's leave the comics out of this!

Gareth isn't dead, I don't think. It looked like he just got shot in the arm and fell down safely out of sight.

Carol continues to be awesome.

Rick continues to be awesome.

I'm surprised they got rid of terminus that quickly!

That hug between rick and carol was adorable!!! I used to hate the daryl and carol thing, but I don't hate it so much anymore. 

I'm confused by the "Then" scenes. Are they flashbacks to before gareth took over?
    I'm pretty sure Gareth is still alive, as I think they showed him in later episodes on the season 5 preview. I was also super surprised (but very happy) they got rid of Termimus quickly. I thought it was going to be another season like the farm, or the prison.
  • Options
    I don't think that Tyrese killed that guy.  I think he just beat him up and left him in the shack unconcious.
    I believe the guy is dead.  On Talking Dead they spoke about Tyrese getting his mojo back and I don't think it would have been as much of a big deal if he had just beat the guy up.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Really enjoyed the show last night and am looking forward to this season.  We still need to find out about Beth and where she's been.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I think Tyrese got his mojo back by taking out the walkers but I, too, think he didn't kill the guy in the shack. When he told Carol that the guy had attacked Judith and she moved to go into the shack, Tyrese was really quick to stop her. Too quick I think. 

Does anyone else get really annoyed with the "celebrity" guests on Talking Dead? When the show first started it was clear that the guests were huge fans of the show and were just an into it as we are. All of last season though it seemed as though the celebrity guests don't even watch and are just on the show to promote their own stuff, often making obnoxious over-the-top jokes or comments that are just irritating. We PVR it and fast forward every time the celebrities speak because they're so annoying.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think Tyrese got his mojo back by taking out the walkers but I, too, think he didn't kill the guy in the shack. When he told Carol that the guy had attacked Judith and she moved to go into the shack, Tyrese was really quick to stop her. Too quick I think. 

Exactly. The way he stopped Carol from going into the shack makes me think that he didn't kill that guy.

• Options
    Ohhhh, just watched it! Glad they opened strong.

I heart Carol and am glad they are finally all reunited (and yes, it made me verklempt). 

UO but I still hate Rick. He annoys the ever-loving SHIT out of me. 

Excited for this season!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I heart Carol and am glad they are finally all reunited (and yes, it made me verklempt). 

Excited for this season!
    I'm with you on this. Except for when he ripped that guy's throat out with his teeth; I loved him for that. The feeling quickly faded. I can't stand his whole family (except Little Asskicker but we know she's really Shane's baby).

• Options

Excited for this season!
    I'm with you on this. Except for when he ripped that guy's throat out with his teeth; I loved him for that. The feeling quickly faded. I can't stand his whole family (except Little Asskicker but we know she's really Shane's baby).
    Oh, Lolo, I'm so glad to know I'm not alone. I was going to lead with "I hate Carl" but that always garners me some glares so I thought it best to lay low ;). Hated Lori, too. So yep, the whole family can go (except Little Asskicker, of course). 

Phew. I feel better!
  • Options
    I am not a big fan of Carl.  Sometimes I think he needs a swift kick in the ass or a punch in the face. As for Rick, it depends.  I like the "I want to fucking kill everyone" Rick, but really can't stand the "I am going to be a farmer and try to make nice with assholes" Rick.

I am still pissed they killed Herschel.  And I really want to know what happened to Beth.  I missed the sneak peek at next week's episode on the Talking Dead so I am just hoping that the whole Beth thing will at least be touched on next Sunday.

• Options
    Um, I cheered when Carol killed Lizzie. There, I said it. Little bitch needed to die.
    Agreed. She should have been shot just for killing those baby rabbits for no good reason.  Add in the whole being crazy and killing her sister, she needed to go.

• Options
    Also....Morgan's back! That shocked me.  But in what capacity? Is he still loopy? He was walking towards Terminus, till he saw the sign Rick had edited. 
    Is he following the group to join them, or is something darker happening there?
    I neeeeeeeed to know. 
    Can it be Sunday already?
  • Options
    Oh, Lolo, I'm so glad to know I'm not alone. I was going to lead with "I hate Carl" but that always garners me some glares so I thought it best to lay low ;). Hated Lori, too. So yep, the whole family can go (except Little Asskicker, of course). 

Phew. I feel better!
    Um, I cheered when Carol killed Lizzie. There, I said it. Little bitch needed to die.
    A.MEN. Bitch went craaaaazzzzyyy! And all the more reason I love Carol, because she is continually faced with the worse shit and continually makes the hard calls, all without boo hooin'. 
  • Options

Excited for this season!
    Add me to the list of people who aren't a fan of Rick. It was awesome when he ripped that dude's throat out though, I have to give him props for that! I actually dislike most of the characters on the show. It would be easier to list the characters I like (Glen and Daryl although Carol and Michonne growing on me).

I just watched the episode and was pleasantly surprised. I'm so glad they didn't drag out the Terminus plot line. I kind of felt bad for the Terminus people when you see the back story though, not enough to want them alive though.

• Options
    I love kick ass rick! His character is so inconsitant. 

I don't hate carl. I think he is acting how a kid would probably act in that situation. I was always annoyed how Lori wouldn't freaking watch her child. You birthed him, he is your problem. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    larrygaga said:
    I love kick ass rick! His character is so inconsitant. 

I don't hate carl. I think he is acting how a kid would probably act in that situation. I was always annoyed how Lori wouldn't freaking watch her child. You birthed him, he is your problem. 
    Lori was the worst. I was so happy when she died. I don't hate any of the characters as much as I hated her.

• Options
    How could I have forgotten about Andrea? I think I've suppressed the memories of her time on the show. But now I'm remembering a lot of shouting "Look at your choices! Look at your life!" at the television when she was on.

• Options
    I finally watched it last night so I had to avoid this thread all day.

I like the Rick that he is now, as others have said. I like when he is in ass-kicking mode but I hated when he went into being a farmer and negotiator. Nope.

Carol is such a badass. I really hated her at first but she has proved herself three times over.

I also LOATHED Michone but I love the relationship her and Carl have developed and how protective she is with him. So I have grown to like her.

Carl annoys me but I think that's how it should be, he's a kid growing up in a zombie apocalypse. I think they've done a good job of developing his character as he ages. He hasn't been quite as bad lately.

I LOVE Daryl so much. SO MUCH. I don't like his relationship with Carol as much. I always kind of saw it as a mother/son thing. And oddly, I kept thinking him and Beth would end up together which would be equally as weird. 

I also am very glad they got rid of Terminus so quickly. I would rather them start making their way to DC once they find Beth.

Oh, I also am glad Tyrese got his mojo back but I don't think he killed the guy. And I don't think Garreth is dead so we'll definitely have to see him later.

• Options
    I want Michonne and Rick to get together and be a happy little family! I wanted a new wife for Rick the second I realized how bad lori was.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards