Chit Chat

Getting to know you.

Re: Getting to know you.

• SCREEN NAME: lacqueredlover

RELATIONSHIP STATUS: engaged

WHERE ARE YOU FROM? NYC!!!

WHERE IS YOUR SO FROM? NYC as well

WHAT DO YOU DO FOR WORK? I'm a beauty blogger and social media freelance consultant

AND YOUR SO? FI is the part owner and editor in chief of an app that is a daily newspaper for kids.  5 days a week they put out 5 current events stories at 3 different reading levels to help kids with literacy and to put the news into a vocabulary they can understand (I think it's awesome and I'm super proud of him, can you tell?"

ANY KIDS? Not yet. Two awesome soon to be step kids!  A step daughter who is 5 and a step son who is 7. 

PETS? Unfortunately no but my parents cocker spaniel Dodger is part mine!

WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE CHEESE? You are a monster for asking me to choose, I've never met a cheese I didn't like (except for cheesecake weirdly, not for me)

FAVORITE DRINK (boozy or not): Favorite hard liquor is bourbon, favorite wine currently is probably an Oregon Pinot Noir, favorite beer is Delirium Tremens.  Other than that I mainly drink water.

ANYTHING ELSE? I got an awesome welcome onto TK when as a newbie, I called out someone being ridiculous and it was a great intro to this community!

• SCREEN NAME:  mobride2015

WHERE ARE YOU FROM? KC MO

WHERE IS YOUR SO FROM? St. Louis area

WHAT DO YOU DO FOR WORK? I work in finance.

AND YOUR SO? FI is a warrant officer in the Army

ANY KIDS? He's got an 18-year-old and a 14-year-old. 

PETS? Oh gosh - lol - 3 cats, Sylvia, Mouse, and Rosco.  1 dog - Buddy.  1 bird-Casey.  I had the world's oldest guinea pig but he died back in May - I think he was like 7 years old? 

WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE CHEESE? sharp cheddar

FAVORITE DRINK (boozy or not): vodka tonic made with whatever flavored vodka happens to be around

ANYTHING ELSE? I'm glad I've learned so much about wedding etiquette since coming on here because I was completely clueless about tons of things before arriving.  I've also had my mind opened up to alternate viewpoints on some hot-button issues the people on here have discussed over the past year!

• SCREEN NAME:  plainjane0415

RELATIONSHIP STATUS: Engaged

WHERE ARE YOU FROM? Tennessee

WHERE IS YOUR SO FROM? Tennessee

WHAT DO YOU DO FOR WORK? I'm an insurance agent

AND YOUR SO? He's a pharmacist

ANY KIDS? Not yet, but soon after we get married.

PETS? We have 4, Bella, a puggle, Jolene (we call her Jo for short) a bluetick hound mix, Blackie, an australian shep mix, and Gracie, a Great Pyranees

WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE CHEESE? Pepper Jack, or any spicy cheese :)

FAVORITE DRINK (boozy or not): Boozy drink, Mimosas or Red Wine.  Non boozy, banana slush punch, drink of preference any time, water.
  • SCREEN NAME: southernbelle0915
    RELATIONSHIP STATUS: married
    WHERE ARE YOU FROM? we moved a lot while I was a kid!
    WHERE IS YOUR SO FROM? born and raised Texan
    WHAT DO YOU DO FOR WORK? healthcare
    AND YOUR SO? engineering 
    ANY KIDS? nope
    PETS? we have a black cat - she is my precious little kitty. we plan to get a dog in the Spring - probably some kind of doodle because I have allergies and cannot do tons of dog hair.
    WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE CHEESE? smoked gouda and manchego. I love most cheese, though.
    FAVORITE DRINK (boozy or not): boozy = Woodford Reserve on the rocks; non-boozy = water and those raw juice combos from mediterranean restaurants
    ANYTHING ELSE? We are outdoorsy and love to travel. 
    *********************************************************************************

• I mainly just lurk here to get my daily dose of snark, but here goes:

SCREEN NAME: AguaEau

RELATIONSHIP STATUS: Not engaged yet

WHERE ARE YOU FROM? Metro Detroit, where I also live now

WHERE IS YOUR SO FROM? Nebraska

WHAT DO YOU DO FOR WORK? Librarian

AND YOUR SO? Software engineer

ANY KIDS? No, and don't plan on having any

PETS? One cat (originally mine) and two dogs (originally his)

WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE CHEESE? What kind of Sophie's Choice question is this?  If I have to choose, probably parmigiano reggiano.

FAVORITE DRINK (boozy or not): Diet Coke, GT's trilogy kombucha, mochas

ANYTHING ELSE? Well, I already explained that I'm a lurker who enjoys snark. I also am glad that we can swear on these forums.  I frequent another board that doesn't allow swearing and that feels very unnatural, dammit.
  • SCREEN NAME: lacqueredlover

WHERE ARE YOU FROM? NYC!!!

WHERE IS YOUR SO FROM? NYC as well

WHAT DO YOU DO FOR WORK? I'm a beauty blogger and social media freelance consultant

AND YOUR SO? FI is the part owner and editor in chief of an app that is a daily newspaper for kids.  5 days a week they put out 5 current events stories at 3 different reading levels to help kids with literacy and to put the news into a vocabulary they can understand (I think it's awesome and I'm super proud of him, can you tell?"

ANY KIDS? Not yet. Two awesome soon to be step kids!  A step daughter who is 5 and a step son who is 7. 

PETS? Unfortunately no but my parents cocker spaniel Dodger is part mine!

WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE CHEESE? You are a monster for asking me to choose, I've never met a cheese I didn't like (except for cheesecake weirdly, not for me)

FAVORITE DRINK (boozy or not): Favorite hard liquor is bourbon, favorite wine currently is probably an Oregon Pinot Noir, favorite beer is Delirium Tremens.  Other than that I mainly drink water.

ANYTHING ELSE? I got an awesome welcome onto TK when as a newbie, I called out someone being ridiculous and it was a great intro to this community!

To the bolded: That is awesome!  Would you be willing to PM me or post the name of the app?

• Does anyone's pet get hiccups? Raider gets the hiccups like every day and he's hiccupping while laying on me right now.
    No, but he does have the biggest, loudest belches I've ever heard.
    Ours do get hiccups occasionally. But one of them, Bama, audibly farts like a human. He has louder farts than  most humans actually.

• loveislouderloveislouder member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2014
    Oh this is fun!

SCREEN NAME: loveislouder

RELATIONSHIP STATUS: Engaged :) (ETA: Getting married on April 25, 2015. Bring on the Miss Congeniality favourite date jokes)

WHERE ARE YOU FROM?  Manitoba

WHERE IS YOUR SO FROM? He's from here too.

WHAT DO YOU DO FOR WORK? I'm a legal admin assistant - essentially my boss' bitch lol

AND YOUR SO? H is a manager in fast food BUT he got an interview at another place and I'm VERY excited about it.

ANY KIDS? Not yet. We're thinking about it though.

PETS? Two cats - Minnie and Comet.

WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE CHEESE? I'm pretty sure I can't pick a favourite. Cheese is delicious.

FAVORITE DRINK (boozy or not): Boozy: Malibu rum and rootbeer (sounds gross, is delicious) or the Mudslide at Applebees. Not: Chocolate milk

ANYTHING ELSE?  I'm really shy in real life and never "fit in" with the cool people and (correct me if I'm wrong) but I feel like now I'm one of the cool people.  Also One Tree Hill changed my life.  And I would love to meet the entire cast of the Outsiders.

• SCREEN NAME:  luckya23 (I actually had to check)

RELATIONSHIP STATUS: Engaged for another 6 months and 15 days

WHERE ARE YOU FROM? Downstate NY

WHERE IS YOUR SO FROM? Upstate NY

WHAT DO YOU DO FOR WORK?  I'm an Architectural Historian with an environmental consulting company, and we primarily work in telecom (cell towers).

AND YOUR SO?  He's an engineer.

ANY KIDS?  No - I'm on the fence about it, but SO is all for it.  He is unrealistic about the work involved, though.

PETS?  Harley (11, hound mix); Kelani/Kiki (2, rottie/border collie mix)

WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE CHEESE? Extra sharp cheddar

FAVORITE DRINK (boozy or not): Coffee, with lots of cream & sugar

ANYTHING ELSE?  I keep hoping I will get excited about my wedding, but mostly I just find it a pain in the ass.  I love being engaged though! 

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• lurkergirl is it against the TOS to just post it?

• emmaaa said:
    Does anyone's pet get hiccups? Raider gets the hiccups like every day and he's hiccupping while laying on me right now.
    No, but he does have the biggest, loudest belches I've ever heard.
    Ours do get hiccups occasionally. But one of them, Bama, audibly farts like a human. He has louder farts than  most humans actually.
    My beagle gets the hiccups a lot. My big dog burps so loud and epic it makes me laugh every time 
  • SCREEN NAME: thisismynickname

RELATIONSHIP STATUS: married

WHERE ARE YOU FROM? northwest Chicago suburbs, now living in Chicago

WHERE IS YOUR SO FROM? also from northwest Chicago suburbs

WHAT DO YOU DO FOR WORK? I work in higher education and have primarily adult learner students

AND YOUR SO? the airlines. free flying, baby! woo! we love travel!

ANY KIDS? Not yet. One kid, maybe in another year or two.

PETS? No, unfortunately dogs and cats make me sneeze. I'm a cat person and DH is a dog person so it's just as well; we wouldn't be able to agree anyway.

WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE CHEESE? Everything's better with cheese. Any cheese! I'll try and enjoy anything but I don't like blue. Goat is great on just about anything. 

FAVORITE DRINK (boozy or not): Wine. I like bold and fruity flavors. Tannins, not so much. Dry, not so much. I've gotten into zinfandel lately because I actually enjoy the smokey elements. 

ANYTHING ELSE? I love a good book, the ballet, museums, and great restaurants. I don't cook much beyond mac'n'cheese and pre-made Trader Joe's meals. I love DH because he always makes me laugh and we share the same views and outlook on life in general. 

Cheers!

No idea!  I want it for its educational value--I'm always looking for technologically innovative resources for teaching!

• blabla89blabla89 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2014
    SCREEN NAME: blabla89

RELATIONSHIP STATUS: Engaged

WHERE ARE YOU FROM? Atlanta, but I grew up in Missouri

WHERE IS YOUR SO FROM? the burbs

WHAT DO YOU DO FOR WORK? I work for a marketing/fundraising agency that specializes in non-profits

AND YOUR SO? Digital strategy consulting

ANY KIDS? Not for a long time

PETS? Sir David Dogglesworth (I call him Dave)

WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE CHEESE? Bufala, because it comes on my favorite pizza :)

FAVORITE DRINK (boozy or not): Glass of good merlot

ANYTHING ELSE?

ETA @novella1186 FI's dog burps too (except we don't laugh because he does it right in your face and it smells awful) - is that a big dog thing??
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• So glad you created this thread! :)

SCREEN NAME: beachyone15 (b/c I love the beach)

RELATIONSHIP STATUS: married (almost two months), YAY!

WHERE ARE YOU FROM? San Antonio, Texas

WHERE IS YOUR SO FROM? Born in Minnesota, lived in SA most of his life.

WHAT DO YOU DO FOR WORK? I work for a university.

AND YOUR SO? DH works for a mutual fund company.

ANY KIDS? Not yet. We are on a 3-5 year plan ideally.

PETS? Not yet. I would love a dog. Still working on getting through to DH!

WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE CHEESE? Umm...ALL THE CHEESE, but especially sharp cheddar.

FAVORITE DRINK (boozy or not): Being from the South, sweet tea is my weakness (spiked or not).

ANYTHING ELSE? I'm so glad I discovered TK and learned so much about how to plan a wonderful wedding!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

No idea!  I want it for its educational value--I'm always looking for technologically innovative resources for teaching!
    I PM'd you!

• blabla89 my big dog likes to run up to me like something is a huge emergency, he then stops dead RIGHT in front of me, burps super loud, and has a shocked look on his face. Then he slowly starts to wag his tail. That's what makes me laugh so hard. 

But last night he burped in my hair while we were cuddling on the couch and for some reason that made me laugh too. 
  • Does anyone's pet get hiccups? Raider gets the hiccups like every day and he's hiccupping while laying on me right now.

Bailey doesn't really get the hiccups, but she does burp really loud and she snores louder than my H!
  • SCREEN NAME: SoontobeMrsKlein

WHERE ARE YOU FROM? Raised in Edmonton, AB, Canada. Currently in Northern BC biding our time until we can move back home

WHERE IS YOUR SO FROM? Small Town Central Alberta, Canada

WHAT DO YOU DO FOR WORK? I work in Administration for Land Surveying.

AND YOUR SO? FI is a Pilot!

ANY KIDS? Nope. Probably not for another couple years, when we are back in civilization

PETS? Nope. I'm not a pet person. And FI is allergic to life so it's just not in the cards.

WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE CHEESE? Feta! I am the kind of person that will pick it out of your greek salad when you are not looking and eat it!  Its usually half gone between the time we take it out of the fridge and the time it goes in the recipe.

FAVORITE DRINK (boozy or not): Cheap wine? We are currently on a quest to find the best bottle of wine under 12$. 

ANYTHING ELSE? I'm a 5 foot tall Redhead who looks like a teenager. Seriously. I'm 28 years old and get carded everytime. In a Province whose drinking age is 18. Everyone must think my FI is a cradlerobber since he's 30, and looks 30.
  • SoontobeMrsKlein we're the same age and I have the same problem! I'm 5'1" and have a soft voice, so people seriously think I'm like 19 or something. But no, I'm 28. This lady that sits near me asked my age when it was my birthday and I told her 28, and she just stared at me for a minute and then said I was lying. Um... ok. 
  • SCREEN NAME: Couggal12

RELATIONSHIP STATUS: OMH

WHERE ARE YOU FROM? Living in the Bay area outside San Francisco. I was born in WA though and moved here when I was 18 for college. 

WHERE IS YOUR SO FROM? DH is from LA, moved to SF for a job when he was 22. 

WHAT DO YOU DO FOR WORK? Human Resources, mostly recruiting. 

AND YOUR SO? H is a Software Engineer. 

ANY KIDS? Not yet, going to start TTC next March or April. Maybe later though depending on H's job since they may lay people off next year :( 

PETS? We have 2 kitties, Sasha and Lennon. 

WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE CHEESE? There is not many I don't like TBH. I even love bleu cheese which H finds gross, haha. I love a good mozzarella though! 

FAVORITE DRINK (boozy or not): Hard Cider is what I've been drinking a lot of lately. Or red wine.

ANYTHING ELSE? I came online to plan my wedding but, still lurk a lot because you ladies crack me up most days and wish I knew more people and had time to participate. It's hard to most days at work because I'm normally too busy and at night I'm mostly focused on Graduate school work. 

• @maggie0829 That is really weird and cool about your sister & SIL! A new girl started at my company (years ago) and her and I were chatting and quickly became close friends. Turns out her BFF and my BFF gave birth the same day at the same hospital and both of us had been there to visit that night.

• SCREEN NAME:  ShesSoCold (FKA beardownbchs)

RELATIONSHIP STATUS: Murrrrrried

WHERE ARE YOU FROM? Suburban Chicago

WHERE IS YOUR SO FROM? Suburban Chicago - we went to the same HS

WHAT DO YOU DO FOR WORK? Office bitch

AND YOUR SO? Electrician

ANY KIDS? NO.

PETS? American Bulldog named Edna. My soul mate.

WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE CHEESE? Yes.

FAVORITE DRINK (boozy or not): Hmmm. Dr. Pepper and Captain. Rumchata. 

ANYTHING ELSE? Uhhh...don't think so. 

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • SCREEN NAME: KatieinBkln

RELATIONSHIP STATUS: engaged

WHERE ARE YOU FROM? Wisconsin

WHERE IS YOUR SO FROM? Wisconsin

WHAT DO YOU DO FOR WORK? Copy editor

AND YOUR SO?  Web security

ANY KIDS?  Nope. That will be laterrrrr.

PETS? A little dog named Peanut

WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE CHEESE? One cannot expect a Wisco girl to pick only one! Lately I've been into all manner of raw cheeses, from aged cheddar to the world's most creamy, soft-rind cow's milk triple-cream (think brie, only BETTER, yeah I said it). I love goat cheese, stinky cheese, aged cheese, soft cheese, sheep cheese. And I don't really discriminate--plain old American slices have their place (especially on burgers/grilled cheese while camping). Just keep that Cheese Whiz shit away from me. 

FAVORITE DRINK (boozy or not): I feel similarly to above--don't make me choose! But I like beer. Especially wheat beers and Belgian-style Trappist ales. I like a really good cider (Angry Orchard doesn't count)--the drier the better, and if it's been aged in oak, a la the Cidras of northern Spain? Even better. Wine is fine, too. And spirits? Why yes! I love a good gin, and I am in love with a small-batch vodka producer that I think went out of business, sigh. (I am seeing that I really like to eat and drink. Theme of my whole life, guys.)

ANYTHING ELSE? I really like sports. Playing them, mostly. Watching them, sometimes. Giving a shit about stats/fantasy leagues? Never. 
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • SCREEN NAME: amelisha
    RELATIONSHIP STATUS: engaged (wedding in May 2015)

WHERE ARE YOU FROM? Born and raised in Alberta.

WHERE IS YOUR SO FROM? Same. but we grew up about a 2hr drive from each other.

WHAT DO YOU DO FOR WORK? I'm an exec assistant for the CEO of a quasi-governmental regulatory body.

AND YOUR SO? He's a broker (corporate insurance.)

ANY KIDS? Not now, probably not ever.

PETS? Not now, but as soon as we get a place with a yard. I want a labradoodle and a sphynx cat.

WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE CHEESE? Goat cheese. On everything, or out of the packet with a spoon.

FAVORITE DRINK (boozy or not): I pretty much drink only water, black coffee, and Scotch, like an elderly man. Prosecco or champagne on special occasions.

ANYTHING ELSE? I'm on TK, kind of paradoxically, because I really don't like weddings and having one was causing me so much anxiety that I needed help, lol. I'm happy to be married but I'm only doing the wedding part to please our families, it means literally nothing to me to do the wedding stuff. That's probably going to be an unpopular thing to share, but it's the truth.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards