Chit Chat

Hey you pregnant people

Re: Hey you pregnant people

• @magicink hahahhah love it!! Like when Karen & Jack take one (on Will & Grace). Jack is like "well I knew mine would be negative, I'm not a lunatic....but it's still oddly disappointing"

• MagicInk said:
    I took a pregnancy test when wifey did her's...I just wanted to pee on something too.

It was negative. No immaculate conception for me.
    Since we're getting all technical on terminolgy here ...

The immaculate conception refers to Mary being conceived without the stain of original sin.  So when Joachim & Anne got it on and conceived Mary, God interviened and removed the stain of original sin.  That is the Immaculate Conception (celebrated on December 8, which is exactly 9 months before Mary's birthday of September 8).  

You're most likely referring to the virgin birth, which is Mary conceiving without sex.  Since I have a crazy hunch that you're not a virgin, that wouldn't be technically appropriate, but it would be the closest analogy.  ;)
  • $2000 on a stroller? Like for ONE baby? I get that triplet strollers and up are $$$$$ but for ONE kid? Fuck no.

Then again, I bought two car seats at $500 each. So I probably don't have much room to judge. But the seats are awesome and easy to fit on a plane (beast to carry on at 50 pounds) and my girls are still happily rear facing at 5.
  • I'm just popping in to say one or two things:

The first is that a friend of mine refereed to her baby as "Baby Q"*, not revealing the name until she was born, and I thought that was really smart. People WERE being catty about what she was going to name her baby, so I think keeping the baby as Q until her birth was a great idea. Plus it was a really cool way to announce her birth. It read like "Spending my first morning with Quinn"* and I went "Who? Oh, OH! OMG!"

*Quinn and Q is not the baby's name.

Secondly, I am hardcore judging anyone who would equate taking two seconds to use words that are inclusive and not LGBTQ- erasing with 1984. Just...

Third
    I FUCKING LOVE DECORATING NURSERIES

Commission me, please, I don't give a shit. I LOVE nursery rooms. Love them. Not into babies, super into making baby rooms.

Huh?

I didn't see anyone mention that era or the novel, so I'm confused.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• @prettygirllost sbmini did mention the novel

• edited June 2015
  • Oh Lord, F for reading comprehension, party of Me.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• I don't suppose anyone is having a girl and loves giraffes? I have a white panel that has a coral pink silhouette of a giraffe family against a gold tree just sitting in my closet.
    I LOVE giraffes! ... No baby in the near future (I fucking hope), though. 

But, that sounds adorable! Show us? :)
  • I don't suppose anyone is having a girl and loves giraffes? I have a white panel that has a coral pink silhouette of a giraffe family against a gold tree just sitting in my closet.
    GIMME!

I'll just will this as-yet-unconceived baby to be a girl.

• $2000 on a stroller? Like for ONE baby? I get that triplet strollers and up are $$$$$ but for ONE kid? Fuck no.

Then again, I bought two car seats at $500 each. So I probably don't have much room to judge. But the seats are awesome and easy to fit on a plane (beast to carry on at 50 pounds) and my girls are still happily rear facing at 5.

I'd totally drop $$$ on a really cool pram like this one. Judge away. I bet it's such a smooth ride

----

fka dallasbetch 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

I'd totally drop $$$ on a really cool pram like this one. Judge away. I bet it's such a smooth ride
    We always called this kind of pram a BABY COACH.
    They are worth a lot if you follow the tradition around here and after the last kid use the wheels for either a racing go-cart or to make a dog cart - one a dog can pull to give kids a ride.
  • Totally off topic...but I had my belly rubbed for the first time today.

2 of my coworkers did it. It was so weird!

It's going to be a long 6 months...
    Pregnancy Ticker

Fuck. That. Why? Rubbing at work is not ok EVER. Not my shoulders, not my arm, not my thigh, not my belly. Back up mother fuckers. 

Wow, I'm going to a bitch of a pregnant lady.

@larrygaga had a good meme for this the other day. 
    *********************************************************************************

WAIT. You're only 3-4 months and they're already rubbing your belly?!

Wait it's $2k and doesn't come with cup holders and a place to shove the diaper bag? Worthless.
    I have no idea what it costs - I didn't throw out that $2k figure. I just know it's fucking fab

----

fka dallasbetch 

Fuck. That. Why? Rubbing at work is not ok EVER. Not my shoulders, not my arm, not my thigh, not my belly. Back up mother fuckers. 

Wow, I'm going to a bitch of a pregnant lady.

@larrygaga had a good meme for this the other day. 
    I missed the meme!!!!  It happened so fast both times I was too shocked to have a reaction!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Uppababy Vista. You can usually find it as a combo with the Mesa. Stroller has bassinet and toddler seat. Under $900. Stroller is damn awesome. Use from birth to 4-5. Worth the $900.
  • $2000 on a stroller? Like for ONE baby? I get that triplet strollers and up are $$$$$ but for ONE kid? Fuck no. Then again, I bought two car seats at $500 each. So I probably don't have much room to judge. But the seats are awesome and easy to fit on a plane (beast to carry on at 50 pounds) and my girls are still happily rear facing at 5.
    ____________ Wait it's $2k and doesn't come with cup holders and a place to shove the diaper bag? Worthless.
    I have no idea what it costs - I didn't throw out that $2k figure. I just know it's fucking fab
    That one is actually $4k.

The wheels aren't designed for a smooth ride on anything off new, even concrete. Not fun at all. BTDT.
  • $2000 on a stroller? Like for ONE baby? I get that triplet strollers and up are $$$$$ but for ONE kid? Fuck no. Then again, I bought two car seats at $500 each. So I probably don't have much room to judge. But the seats are awesome and easy to fit on a plane (beast to carry on at 50 pounds) and my girls are still happily rear facing at 5.
    ____________ Wait it's $2k and doesn't come with cup holders and a place to shove the diaper bag? Worthless.
    Do you know how much booze you can buy wiht $4K? Fuck that. Mama needs a drink. Sorry baby. My stroller came from a yard sale. I survived.

I am in love with the Bugaboo strollers though. They're in the $1K range. I'm not saying we'll get one, I just like them.

Wait it's $2k and doesn't come with cup holders and a place to shove the diaper bag? Worthless.

O.O
    FH would definitely have an opinion about that.

----

fka dallasbetch 

The wheels aren't designed for a smooth ride on anything off new, even concrete. Not fun at all. BTDT.
    New, even concrete that doesn't happen to turn. Those wheels only go straight!

New, even concrete that doesn't happen to turn. Those wheels only go straight!
    It also doesn't look like it folds up. How would one get it into a car?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards