Snarky Brides

The worst wedding trends on Pinterest...

1333435363739»

Re: The worst wedding trends on Pinterest...

• One trend I don't get right now is what I like to call "spare antlers." Like, you'll have a beautiful table setting, and then you've just got a spare antler put in there. Like this: 

Like why???? JUST WHY? 

Stuck in the box!

Why?
    a) Spoon rest. 
    b) Napkin hanger
    c) Goal posts for table football played during the inevitable 20 minute speeches
    d) Swat the red wine glass away from the BSC sister before she "accidentally" spills on the bride
    e) Coat room sex toy? (I'm going to hell for that one.)

• The BMs look an awful lot like Jordan almonds....

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• This was part of an article about "fun and quirky wedding party games."  I don't know exactly what's going on, but my guess is all the groomsmen and the groom are standing up there and she has to figure out which legs are the groom's.

This looks like a lost ring waiting to happen.

Maybe it's just me, but I hate this photo.  I always have to do a double take to make sure they're not flipping everyone off.
  • This is irritating .

Ummm... I LOVE your screen name!
  • larrygaga said:

I have a distinct impression that all the guys in this photo are gigantic assholes.

Anniversary
  • Engagement Photo Rule #1: Don't dress like Pee-Wee Herman (Or do. Whatever look you're going for).

The caption was "super sexy wedding day photo for the groom."

How about... no.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

How about... no.
    I wonder who exactly is supposed to take this picture?

How about... no.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I dunno, if my ass and legs looked like that I'd probably want to take a picture of it too.

I know! This looks to me like a boudoir photo shot. If there was a little flower girl running around in the background, I'd feel awkward about it. As it is, I think she looks gorgeous. 
  • I didn't think of it as a boudoir shoot, to be honest. I don't understand the point of those either, mostly because I would feel incredibly awkward having someone take a photo of me like that, but to each their own and stuff.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • KLM7386KLM7386 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    I aboslutely HATE the signs that say "Today two families become one, so pick a seat, not a side." It makes it sound like you expect that your two families will all break out into a brawl if you don't make it clear that they are to play nicely together. My fiancee likes to joke that he's going to buy one for our wedding so it will be the first thing I see when I walk down the aisle and then I'll be horrified and trying to hide it and look joyful.

I totally agree with you. Those signs have gotten annoying.
  • KLM7386KLM7386 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    mrsdee15 said:
    I cringe every time I see something referring to bridesmaids as the "bride's bitches" or see anything asking them to be a bridesmaid and using the phrase "hold my dress while I pee" on Pinterest.  Am I the only one?
    Your are not alone!
  • Might get some of my bridesmaids (of course I'm having 12!!!!!1!!!) to get started on this simple project. PAINTING THE BALLOONS.
  • I was reading this thread earlier today and it made me remember one of my parents wedding photos, like the ones people were posting about with the faces in the brandy glasses? My parents married in 1980 and as part of the photo 'package', had one of themselves superimposed over the sheet music to 'We've Only Just Begun' by The Carpenters. When we first got engaged, I went on Pinterest and started to genuinely panic that I needed to start collecting jars, milk bottles and twine STAT so that we'd have enough by the wedding day. Then I realised that I just hadn't been to a wedding that wasn't a Pinterest event in so long, I'd forgotten that you don't actually *have* to have that stuff.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards