Not Engaged Yet

Trashy Tuesday

Re: Trashy Tuesday

• unrelated to discussion at hand....but i need some help. for months now i have had a sneaking suspicion that BF would propose on the 4th of July. as we get closer to that day i am having a hard time keeping myself under control. im telling myself all the things i have told other girls on here:

1. dont assume anything. dont get my hopes up.
    2. enjoy this time for what it is and dont ruin a nice weekend by having my hopes set on a proposal and then being glum if that doesnt happen
    3. dont read in to anything as a "sign"
    4. stop thinking about it.

the problem is, its not helping. i find myself thinking "omg i could be engaged in just a few days!" or "i could be engaged  this time next week". help me get my hopes down please??
  • @jenjen047 exciting that it could happen but what you're doing is pretty good. Keep repeating it to yourself. Also, remember that anything could change!
    Keep us posted regardless :) I'm sure your 4th will be fun!
  • 500days500days member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited June 2015
    @jenjen047 Oh boy...where are you going for the 4th? 

@mskittydanger I think that sounds good (since I'm doing the same with the starbucks cup lol), maybe for the small gift do something personal (not the same)? If you need help you can just tell us what each girl is like and we can come up with suggestions. 
  • @500days - drinking at Cask and Flagon and watching fireworks from the bridge over the pike looking into Kenmore Sq.
  • @MsKittyDanger - I am not a makeup girl and I am also an Introvert (with a capital I).  On a normal day - I will wear a BB cream and/or foundation to smooth out my skin tone and that is it.  If I'm going for a more 'date night' look or something a little fancier I will do mascara and eye shadow.  I RARELY wear lip gloss or lipstick because I find it annoying that I have to reapply (I have found a lip stain I will wear if I really feel the need, but since my wedding in Oct, I have not worn it).  I point out that I'm an introvert because I don't always tell people what I really am thinking and tend to go with the flow.  So if you had asked me about a lip gloss I would have probably said 'yeah, I'll wear it again' while in the background thinking 'what is she thinking - does she know me at all?!' because I want to avoid that conflict.

I had 2 girls I bought for.  I got the one girl a crossover Dooney & Bourke bag.  The other girl did not like purses and when we would go out would often stash her purse in the trunk and grab her wallet and her cell phone.  She normally carries Vera Bradley - so I saw Vera Bradley made a phone wristlet- so I figured it would be perfect for her.  I also got a gift card for each girl.

As a bridesmaid I have received a necklace and a small jewelry box from things remembered with my initials on it.

Take your wedding out of the equation.  What would you buy these girls if it was Christmas or their birthday or you just wanted to do something special for them?  Those are the things that you should be getting them!

Anniversary
  • @andrewuh - thank you!! i LOVE POTATO SALAD. that would be amazing. now my hopes are high for delicious ranch potato salad.
  • @futuremrshistorian Congrats on the new apartment!

What is starbs???

@jenjen047 have a fun 4th of July weekend regardless of what happens. Thanks to @audrewuh, I now want potato salad though.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @jenjen047 - If you're expecting it and then it doesn't happen you're going to be disappointed and that's going to ruin a really nice night out with your BF! Enjoy the drinks and the fireworks! 

• audrewuh said:
    @jenjen047 - he isn't going to propose. He's going to show up with a sweet ass potato salad and it's going to rock your face off. No ring, no proposal. That will happen at Christmas. Duh.
    Agreed- Everybody knows Proposal/Engagement Season is between November and March - just google it!

Anniversary
  • Oops! I was on my phone for that post ... auto corrected! That's what I text it as.

@buddysmom80 starbucks in my lazy text version

@Dignity100 I wanted them to have a new lip colour for the wedding and was very clear that I wanted them to be comfortable in the choice. I gave them options. Nude or Red {there were diff options on how they were - pencil, gloss or stain} They all agreed that they would end up wearing them again. I'm an introvert too, so I can totally catch on when people aren't okay with a choice. 2 of my girls specifically said nude gloss {one said she doesn't feel comfortable in red lip, other doesn't feel comfortable with her teeth so less focus}

Despite not liking makeup, they all enjoy lip colours. Which is why I opted for that. I would still but the same for their bday because I know they'd wear it. The 2 that chose nude, I would have chosen nude anyways.
  • @jenjen047 and @buddysmom80 - I've had enough fundraising cook outs with sub par potato salad in the last year. I'm over it. I need something quality, pleaseandthankyou. 

OT, but can I say just how much I hate that the 4th is on a Saturday this year? I have to actually moderate my drinks and I'll have to drive the hour and a half home. Boo.
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • @jenjen047 FUN! I'm actually jealous. I would just try to focus on having fun and celebrating. I know it's super hard but the plans you have sound awesome and super memorable.

I need to make plans for the 4th, yikes.
  • @audrewuh H made an awesome potato salad once and then he lost the recipe. It seriously was the best thing I put in my mouth. Well, cupcakes are the best thing I put in my mouth, but that potato salad doe....

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • audrewuhaudrewuh member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited June 2015
    @audrewuh H made an awesome potato salad once and then he lost the recipe. It seriously was the best thing I put in my mouth. Well, cupcakes are the best thing I put in my mouth, but that potato salad doe....
    H is fired from all recipe keeping responsibilities.*

Speaking of cupcakes, Saturday H and I stumbled on this cupcake place downtown and while they weren't the best cupcakes I've ever had, it had been so long since I'd had a cupcake that I was like, zomg where have you been all my life get in mah belleh.

...I may or may not eat the whole Taco Bell menu on my way home from work today.

*ETA: Your H. 

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • @jenjen047 Oh man, I know dem feels. It's so tough! I went into that day thinking he would either propose or have a puppy for me. I put all my energy into thinking it was a puppy lol. I remember having knots in my stomach the entire day because I was trying so hard not to focus on the potential proposal and just enjoy the day... at times I forgot all about it, and at other times I was doing my best to make myself stop thinking about it. It's seriously difficult. All I can say is come up with some alternative for how the day could go and focus on that. Try to enjoy the evening with your BF and all the awesome fireworks. If it happens, WONDERFUL, but if it doesn't, you still had a wonderful and romantic evening together, and the proposal will be a huge surprise later on. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • eilis1228 said:
    @jenjen047 Oh man, I know dem feels. It's so tough! I went into that day thinking he would either propose or have a puppy for me. I put all my energy into thinking it was a puppy lol. I remember having knots in my stomach the entire day because I was trying so hard not to focus on the potential proposal and just enjoy the day... at times I forgot all about it, and at other times I was doing my best to make myself stop thinking about it. It's seriously difficult. All I can say is come up with some alternative for how the day could go and focus on that. Try to enjoy the evening with your BF and all the awesome fireworks. If it happens, WONDERFUL, but if it doesn't, you still had a wonderful and romantic evening together, and the proposal will be a huge surprise later on. 
    I still put all my energy into thinking your FI will get you a puppy.

• audrewuh said:
    @audrewuh H made an awesome potato salad once and then he lost the recipe. It seriously was the best thing I put in my mouth. Well, cupcakes are the best thing I put in my mouth, but that potato salad doe....

Speaking of cupcakes, Saturday H and I stumbled on this cupcake place downtown and while they weren't the best cupcakes I've ever had, it had been so long since I'd had a cupcake that I was like, zomg where have you been all my life get in mah belleh.

...I may or may not eat the whole Taco Bell menu on my way home from work today.

I'm such a cupcake snob, I only eat cupcakes from my favorite bakery.

I could totally get behind eating a whole Taco Bell menu too, I'm just too lazy to drive to the nearest one. There used to be one across the street from me, and they closed. It was a sad day, I still get feels about that.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @audrewuh ME TOO! Let's cross our fingers for Christmas.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • TwoDimes said:
    jenjen047 said:
    @andrewuh - thank you!! i LOVE POTATO SALAD. that would be amazing. now my hopes are high for delicious ranch potato salad.
    Sooooo when FI proposed, he proposed by bringing a picnic basket out onto the boat. It was supposed to be a picnic lunch but long story short, a neighbor had interrupted us right before lunch and we ended up eating lunch with the neighbor before going out on the boat. So when we went out on the boat, the picnic basket made no sense to bring along, which made me really curious and nosy about it. I kept asking FI what was in it, and he finally blurted out, "POTATO SALAD!" But it wasn't potato salad, it was a ring. So........

Anyway, in all seriousness, you know all the right things to do (don't get your hopes up, just enjoy the holiday with BF, etc.) So just try your best to do them! :) 
    I admire your waiting .... I would have gotten right into it assuming it was potatoe salad ;)
  • edited June 2015

I remember a few disappointed holidays, birthdays, and random Wednesdays, where I simply didn't just enjoy life events for what they were. It all goes by so fast.  To quote one of my favorite roles I ever played "Do human beings ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute of it?"

ETA: and I now want potato salad....

Anniversary

• audrewuhaudrewuh member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited June 2015
    Swazzle said:
    audrewuh said:

I could totally get behind eating a whole Taco Bell menu too, I'm just too lazy to drive to the nearest one. There used to be one across the street from me, and they closed. It was a sad day, I still get feels about that.

MIDNIGHT ORGASM FTW

ETA: 
    ZOMG those cupcakes... LOL at everyone that weekend that was like, OH I have xyz diet/dress to fit into/health problems, I can only eat one! I had at least four of those bad boys. #noregrets

Also, I confess with great shame that I was a Taco Bell h8tr until two  years ago. I have seen the error in my ways and I mourn the loss of your TB, @buddysmom80.

@dignity100 - You're welcome. I'll post pics of my potato salad, cupcake, puppy filled weekend for you later. 

• Swazzle said:
    audrewuh said:

MIDNIGHT ORGASM FTW

ETA: 

so what you're saying is that I should pick up some for next weekend?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards