Wedding Etiquette Forum

Engagement.

Re: Engagement.

• arrippa said:
    Wait, the more I read, the less any of this makes sense.

So are you saying that your SIL, who was part of a sham marriage in order to participate in immigration fraud, actually *is* upset over divorcing her friend/husband. . . even though he left her as soon as the luncheon the day of their ceremony?

Because before you divulged that info, you were making it sound like she wasn't upset over the divorce. . . but now she needs time alone?

There is no place for common sense in this thread. I mean, why be on a computer when you are in Hawaii!!!!!
    Honestly, I'm not really buying a lot of this ever changing story.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Ever since the MagicInk/VulgarGirl thign went down, I've found myself being more and more suspicious... even about a semi-reg who I'd feel REALLY guilty about questioning if they were in fact real.
  • Ever since the MagicInk/VulgarGirl thign went down, I've found myself being more and more suspicious... even about a semi-reg who I'd feel REALLY guilty about questioning if they were in fact real.
    Me too. I ask KR for IP checks all the time. I think we're all on high alert. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
    You can do that? Do they tell you (the mods) what they find? Because the person I'm suspicious of is well liked and I don't want to be lynched lol
    You can do that? Do they tell you (the mods) what they find? Because the person I'm suspicious of is well liked and I don't want to be lynched lol
    Hahaha she just tells us if they're real or not. You can either report a post from the user and in the comments just ask for an IP check. Or you can PM KR. 

But I like Lucky's idea better.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • luckya23 said:
    Ever since the MagicInk/VulgarGirl thign went down, I've found myself being more and more suspicious... even about a semi-reg who I'd feel REALLY guilty about questioning if they were in fact real.
    I think they may reply if you PM them but not if you use the report button. But I think you should just call theme out here. Because I'm lounging in the pool with nothing better to do.
    Yes call them out here because I am now very intrigued.

• luckya23 said:
    Ever since the MagicInk/VulgarGirl thign went down, I've found myself being more and more suspicious... even about a semi-reg who I'd feel REALLY guilty about questioning if they were in fact real.
    I think they may reply if you PM them but not if you use the report button. But I think you should just call theme out here. Because I'm lounging in the pool with nothing better to do.
    After the "people can't see responses on posts they report" fiasco, we do respond via PM to all reportings. 
  • Curious what happened with the fake ones? I think I missed a post :)
  • hellohkbhellohkb mod
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited July 2015
    @PrettyGirlLost I'm laughing so hard over your Hawaii typo. ;)

Super Kawaii!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I've never been responded to when I've reported someone, only when I've been warned after getting reported.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Even better - can we play 20 questions to find out??

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• AddieCake said:
    I've never been responded to when I've reported someone, only when I've been warned after getting reported.
    Even recently? 
  • First clue: has their wedding already happened?

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• AddieCake said:
    I've never been responded to when I've reported someone, only when I've been warned after getting reported.
    Even recently? 

Yep. You guys must just assume I'm drunk again and ignore me! It's rare that I report, but once in awhile I feel it's warranted.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • luckya23 said:
    Even better - can we play 20 questions to find out??
    I'd love to play 20 questions but really don't want a Wednesday lynching lol I've been called a bitch enough around here (granted, it's always been warranted) and I want to pretend like you people still like me haha
  • luckya23 said:
    I'd love to play 20 questions but really don't want a Wednesday lynching lol I've been called a bitch enough around here (granted, it's always been warranted) and I want to pretend like you people still like me haha

STUCKKKKKKK

Not that I speak for everyone but I can't see why "Hey JoeBlow you seem fishy" would result in this

But I get your point. It's pretty much the same reason I never asked about Magic.
  • I get the point, too. I just think it's odd to publicly announce you think someone isn't legit but then not follow up. Why say anything at all, then?
  • i
    AddieCake said:
    AddieCake said:
    Even recently? 

Yep. You guys must just assume I'm drunk again and ignore me! It's rare that I report, but once in awhile I feel it's warranted.
    Was it me? Maybe I was drunk. You paged me on I&P for a suspected vendor. I deleted the thread. Check your PMs.

• AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited July 2015
    I do not have a PM from you, @MairePoppy , no. But I didn't expect one for that. It was a clear TOS violation. ETA: There it is.
  • OP, sometimes you ca
    luckya23 said:
    I mean, I don't think you're saying anything bad about the person, just that you don't think they might be real. That's a fair assesment, especially given the MI thing.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• You have one now. 

• hellohkb said:
    @PrettyGirlLost I'm laughing so hard over your Hawaii typo. ;) Super Kawaii!
    Huh?  I don't see it. . .

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Okay ladies, I'm not some cry baby bitch that is being insensitive to my FSIL's feelings.

And thank you to the few people that actually gave me supportive and good advice. I even appreciate the advice that I didn't want to hear but needed to. But geez, some of you ladies are just being straight insensitive to my feelings as well. There are nicer ways to say things.

And yes, maybe my story does sound one sided. It was. Obviously you all are not going to know the full story. However, she did decide to marry one of her college friends just so he could get citizenship. Were they in love? No. Did they get married for the right reasons? No. They didn't kiss at the court house, they didn't have a honeymoon, he split after the nice luncheon her mother paid for, and his parents awkwardly thanked her as they were leaving.

No, I did NOT expect her to be over the moon and back about our engagement. All I fucking would have liked was a simple hi or congrats. I didn't think it was that hard? I didn't even realize like I said before that it would mean anything to me. It took one of my other family members a while to say congrats to me too. I didn't cry over that. I didn't even care!

I would have been a lot more empathetic had I known she was going through it. When she got divorced, we all thought it was part of the plan that had previously been discussed when it was first arranged.

His sister has claimed that she likes me, I know she's going through a rough time. I do respect that she needs time to grieve. But to mutter one word... I'm sorry. My bad, I guess. I didn't ask her to stare at my fucking ring or take a picture for memories. I'm not brown nosing her about all our plans and ideas. This trip isn't about us or me. I know that.

I'm sorry his parents actually don't exactly side with her either. That his mom is actually crying over everything that is happening too. We all feel bad, we are here to support her as her family. Not bring the family dynamic down. We invite her to things, she says no. Fine. Fuck it.

I was fucking hurt is all. I needed to vent. I wanted support. Good advice not rude comments, even if I am being a bit sensitive or insensitive to her. But fuck me for caring I guess.

So maybe's she's bummed that her friend, who she entered into a sham marriage with, is now possibly getting deported? I imagine you'd have to be pretty fucking close to someone to risk the legal and financial ramifications of immigration fraud.  Myabe she really *did* have feelings for him?

Or she's just not that into you.

GTFO off TK and enjoy Kawaii, FFS!

Kawaii in the last sentence. Apparently the word for cute in popular Japanese entertainment.

• hellohkb said:
    Okay ladies, I'm not some cry baby bitch that is being insensitive to my FSIL's feelings. And thank you to the few people that actually gave me supportive and good advice. I even appreciate the advice that I didn't want to hear but needed to. But geez, some of you ladies are just being straight insensitive to my feelings as well. There are nicer ways to say things. And yes, maybe my story does sound one sided. It was. Obviously you all are not going to know the full story. However, she did decide to marry one of her college friends just so he could get citizenship. Were they in love? No. Did they get married for the right reasons? No. They didn't kiss at the court house, they didn't have a honeymoon, he split after the nice luncheon her mother paid for, and his parents awkwardly thanked her as they were leaving. No, I did NOT expect her to be over the moon and back about our engagement. All I fucking would have liked was a simple hi or congrats. I didn't think it was that hard? I didn't even realize like I said before that it would mean anything to me. It took one of my other family members a while to say congrats to me too. I didn't cry over that. I didn't even care! I would have been a lot more empathetic had I known she was going through it. When she got divorced, we all thought it was part of the plan that had previously been discussed when it was first arranged. His sister has claimed that she likes me, I know she's going through a rough time. I do respect that she needs time to grieve. But to mutter one word... I'm sorry. My bad, I guess. I didn't ask her to stare at my fucking ring or take a picture for memories. I'm not brown nosing her about all our plans and ideas. This trip isn't about us or me. I know that. I'm sorry his parents actually don't exactly side with her either. That his mom is actually crying over everything that is happening too. We all feel bad, we are here to support her as her family. Not bring the family dynamic down. We invite her to things, she says no. Fine. Fuck it. I was fucking hurt is all. I needed to vent. I wanted support. Good advice not rude comments, even if I am being a bit sensitive or insensitive to her. But fuck me for caring I guess.
    So maybe's she's bummed that her friend, who she entered into a sham marriage with, is now possibly getting deported? I imagine you'd have to be pretty fucking close to someone to risk the legal and financial ramifications of immigration fraud.  Myabe she really *did* have feelings for him?

Or she's just not that into you.

GTFO off TK and enjoy Kawaii, FFS!
    Kawaii in the last sentence. Apparently the word for cute in popular Japanese entertainment.
    Oh whoops!  So used to using that term in the Japanese sense that I missed I misspelled the island, hahaha!

• That always happens to me, and it's what I figured, so I thought it was funny :p

• arrippa said:

Wait, the more I read, the less any of this makes sense.

So are you saying that your SIL, who was part of a sham marriage in order to participate in immigration fraud, actually *is* upset over divorcing her friend/husband. . . even though he left her as soon as the luncheon the day of their ceremony?

Because before you divulged that info, you were making it sound like she wasn't upset over the divorce. . . but now she needs time alone?

There is no place for common sense in this thread. I mean, why be on a computer when you are in Hawaii!!!!!

Yeah well if you think that is strange - she's also in law school right now. So the fact that she participated in immigration fraud is beyond me.

My cousin who actually is a lawyer, says that if anyone finds out or if she doesn't pass her moral background investigation she might not even get her license to practice.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards