Snarky Brides
Options

Dear SB,

Re: Dear SB,

• Options
    Good point, Star. Perhaps it's that no one is being controversial that is frustrating as well.

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dear-sb?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:edbc1d88-c919-4622-b922-affe6c5e5ff0Post:b74621fb-a115-46d4-b1b7-c35ceb74edc2">Re: Dear SB,</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dear SB, : Yeah maybe. I don't know. I don't blame people for wanting to punch their boss or MIL but I also like talking about us too because, well, that's why we are here. It is much more interesting that way. Also, where is every one? I am a little suspicious that the first 14 people to jump in this post are completely different then the normal people who jump in EVERY.OTHER. post on here. I guess only a handful of us want to preserve the fun?
    Posted by MeaghanandMichael[/QUOTE]
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dear-sb?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:edbc1d88-c919-4622-b922-affe6c5e5ff0Post:05755b40-e80b-4ddf-8b10-7cf739a2d342">Re: Dear SB,</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good point, Star. Perhaps it's that no one is being controversial that is frustrating as well.
    Posted by beatlesgirl25[/QUOTE]

I have to agree too Star. But, I also know that people are picking on little things because it just seems mean and petty. Look at the thing I said about Jelique's post up above. Is it pretty stupid? Probably. Is it still bugging me? Yes. Does it make me think that Jel may think I hate her guts now? Probs. I don't. I jsut wanted to say something.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dear-sb?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:edbc1d88-c919-4622-b922-affe6c5e5ff0Post:746515c4-7dc0-4e79-92f1-c14a3d22c804">Re: Dear SB,</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dear SB, : I have to agree too Star. But, I also know that people are NOT picking on little things because it just seems mean and petty. Look at the thing I said about Jelique's post up above. Is it pretty stupid? Probably. Is it still bugging me? Yes. Does it make me think that Jel may think I hate her guts now? Probs. I don't. I jsut wanted to say something.

This is what my post should have said. I meant to put the word NOT in there.
  • Options
    SarahP, did you have something you wanted to say or are you just dittoing Meg? :)

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options
    Maybe we need a weekly or bi-weekly Festivus thread to air our greivances, no matter how small. Thoughts?
    imageimage
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dear-sb?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:edbc1d88-c919-4622-b922-affe6c5e5ff0Post:1a74e152-39ac-4589-aaa4-9b2a2680c88a">Re: Dear SB,</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dear SB, : This is what my post should have said. I meant to put the word NOT in there.

<div>
    </div><div>ah. I was wondering why the hell that made no sense :)</div>

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • Options
    Dear SB,

When did you lose the ability to have fun with a troll/AE?  Too many of you were too quick to shout MUD on my troll (obviously it was MUD), but only CEW really wanted to play.  It made me sad.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Haha, airing of grievances. I love it.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dear-sb?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:edbc1d88-c919-4622-b922-affe6c5e5ff0Post:e06a73fd-9934-4bc6-9a7d-d85dcba7a25f">Re: Dear SB,</a>:
    [QUOTE]Maybe we need a weekly or bi-weekly Festivus thread to air our greivances, no matter how small. Thoughts?
    Posted by JenGin74[/QUOTE]
    You mean like a FFF type thing?
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Festivus will be way better than FFF.

I almost listed knotties to punch but it would have been too obvious.  I decided my interstate story was more appropriate.

• Options
    You should all make AEs and have your weekly airing of grievances.  That way you can quench your thirst for honesty while still being able to be safe from backlash :)

Oh, or, I can sacrifice myself to the masses and you can all ask me horribly personal questions and then mock me for my TMI responses. Yes? No?

I'm not a reg, so I'm willing to step on that landmine for the greater good.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dear-sb?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:edbc1d88-c919-4622-b922-affe6c5e5ff0Post:549b92b5-1eab-4ea0-bd85-b02cd57d06ee">Re: Dear SB,</a>:
    [QUOTE]Im trying to post from my phone while im being lasered, but apparently its not working. I dont like to pick fights over stuff that doesnt matter, but i also speak my mind freely when i feel like i have something to say. I like this board, and it would be nice if we had more stimulating topics, but i feel like we shouldnt be on the lookout for things to nitpick about each other just for the hell of it.
    Posted by SarahPLiz[/QUOTE]

Haha. Now you're making me feel guilty.
    imageimage
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dear-sb?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:edbc1d88-c919-4622-b922-affe6c5e5ff0Post:740eaa25-0d37-4709-a9c6-2bcdfbd84793">Re: Dear SB,</a>:
    [QUOTE]Should we plan for Friday? Maybe another day so it doesn't interfere with FFF on E for the poeple that post on both boards. Whatever you all want to do wroks for me
    I think it should take the place of the FFW we tried to do but were unable to keep up with.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • Options
    I vote for no Fridays but its completely selfish because I cannot log on from work.

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • Options
    If anyone would like to punch me, I prefer it to be in the kidney/uterus, as I think my eyeballs might explode right now if my face took a punch.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dear-sb?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:edbc1d88-c919-4622-b922-affe6c5e5ff0Post:9958ffbd-5b7f-4500-8832-65986805e4b9">Re: Dear SB,</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>You should all make AEs and have your weekly airing of grievances.  That way you can quench your thirst for honesty while still being able to be safe from backlash :)</strong> Oh, or, I can sacrifice myself to the masses and you can all ask me horribly personal questions and then mock me for my TMI responses. Yes? No? I'm not a reg, so I'm willing to step on that landmine for the greater good.
    Posted by MandK9[/QUOTE]

That's WAY too reminiscent of the call out site.
    imageimage
  • Options
    I like the idea of festivus, as long as that doesn't stop people from saying what they feel in threads too.  We tried to start FFW and it last for maybe 2 weeks.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I vote for Festivus Thursdays. thats just me. 

my book shelf:
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dear-sb?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:edbc1d88-c919-4622-b922-affe6c5e5ff0Post:16fe72f7-f45c-4346-b47a-917db9f4ab4b">Re: Dear SB,</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dear SB, : That's WAY too reminiscent of the call out site.

Lol, I kid, I kid.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dear-sb?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:edbc1d88-c919-4622-b922-affe6c5e5ff0Post:16fe72f7-f45c-4346-b47a-917db9f4ab4b">Re: Dear SB,</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dear SB, : That's WAY too reminiscent of the call out site.

Copy that.  No thanks.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dear-sb?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:edbc1d88-c919-4622-b922-affe6c5e5ff0Post:3cbf47f5-d484-4b24-8c78-4fc5ef955ff2">Re: Dear SB,</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dear SB, : I think it should take the place of the FFW we tried to do but were unable to keep up with.
    Posted by betrothed123[/QUOTE]

Wednesday's work. We can replace Wednesday's good morning thread with a Festivus thread instead. Keep the gripe-fest going from sunrise to sunset   :)
    imageimage
  • Options
    Agreed, and as far as I'm concerned it completely defeats the purpose.  If someone on here that I respect flames me for something I'm more likely to take a look inside and either make a change, or say "Fucck it.  I like how I am."  If some newb I've never heard of flames me I laugh at them.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • Options
    I think if everyone is so up for this why wait. Just do it now and make it a tuesday thing.. otherwise the rest of this day is lost for this board.

my book shelf:
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dear-sb?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:edbc1d88-c919-4622-b922-affe6c5e5ff0Post:9958ffbd-5b7f-4500-8832-65986805e4b9">Re: Dear SB,</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>You should all make AEs and have your weekly airing of grievances.</strong>  That way you can quench your thirst for honesty while still being able to be safe from backlash :) Oh, or, I can sacrifice myself to the masses and you can all ask me horribly personal questions and then mock me for my TMI responses. Yes? No? I'm not a reg, so I'm willing to step on that landmine for the greater good.
    Posted by MandK9[/QUOTE]

This makes me wary, only because it treads back into KPS callout territory. I think people should have the balls to say it as themselves, otherwise what's the point? It's not like people hate each other here, they actually really like each other, and being honest and talking shitt out that bothers you only strengthens that. Like a family.

Hmm, I feel like I'm getting lovefesty now... dammit.

Also, I love your invites, Mand.

• Options
    We're kind of sort of doing it now, aren't we?

Oh and Star, I posted the chicken wing recipe for you.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dear-sb?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:edbc1d88-c919-4622-b922-affe6c5e5ff0Post:8b64b81a-1bc1-4534-895e-b1ad59de9919">Re: Dear SB,</a>:
    [QUOTE]I feel like TK needs to make an iphone app for the message boards. This is friggin ridiculous. Im all in no matter what day of the week. Are we restricting it to SB greivances, TK grievances or general universe greivances?

I'm thinking it might be best to leave out the general universe stuff because we pretty much do that whenever we want anyway. I think keeping it TK related would be best, even if it's something from another board (it might spark a new conversation)
    imageimage
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dear-sb?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:edbc1d88-c919-4622-b922-affe6c5e5ff0Post:549b92b5-1eab-4ea0-bd85-b02cd57d06ee">Re: Dear SB,</a>:
    [QUOTE]Im trying to post from my phone while im being lasered, but apparently its not working. I dont like to pick fights over stuff that doesnt matter, but i also speak my mind freely when i feel like i have something to say. I like this board, and it would be nice if we had more stimulating topics, but i feel like we shouldnt be on the lookout for things to nitpick about each other just for the hell of it.

I agree. It would be nice to see more discussions and controversial things, but I don't see the need to tear people apart just because there hasn't been a lot of action lately. People seem so eager to air their greivances that I see any kind of FFF turning into a mild version of the callouts. I've seen the FFFs get nasty, and I want no part of that.

If someone has a problem, say it in the thread that particular issue is in. Making an entire thread dedicated to making people feel badly about themselves is just mean to me. I know, I know, get yourself some thicker skin, girl!
  • Options
    Can we post the rules in the first Festivus thread?  Every FFF I ever took part in had a bunch of quarrelling related to whether or not people were following the rules and that's pretty annoying.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dear-sb?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:edbc1d88-c919-4622-b922-affe6c5e5ff0Post:aea2e0b9-32c6-48c6-a501-e136649d5d06">Re: Dear SB,</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dear SB, : I agree. It would be nice to see more discussions and controversial things, but I don't see the need to tear people apart just because there hasn't been a lot of action lately. People seem so eager to air their greivances that I see any kind of FFF turning into a mild version of the callouts. I've seen the FFFs get nasty, and I want no part of that. If someone has a problem, say it in the thread that particular issue is in. Making an entire thread dedicated to making people feel badly about themselves is just mean to me. I know, I know, get yourself some thicker skin, girl!
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

I FLAME YOU FOR THIS!!!!11!!!
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards