Getting in Shape
Options

**New Posters come Here (All you people with <100 posts)

Re: **New Posters come Here (All you people with <100 posts)

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_new-posters-come-here-all-you-people-with-100-posts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:c61b7458-0da7-4bf9-a631-fa3072f0bbfaPost:7df8ebc0-74d9-428e-a999-36fba9dce300">Re: **New Posters come Here (All you people with <100 posts)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Blondee:  I'm starting the Bridal Bootcamp on Monday (after finals are out of the way).  So check back and ask me later next week and I'll post a whole review for you on the dvd.
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]

Great, thanks!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_new-posters-come-here-all-you-people-with-100-posts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:238Discussion:c61b7458-0da7-4bf9-a631-fa3072f0bbfaPost:c24406bb-016f-4bf0-9016-93ff7e797827">Re: **New Posters come Here (All you people with <100 posts)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi all!  I'm a 31 year old newly engaged female from Montreal Quebec & so excited to be here! Wedding Date: February 1st 2013 Fitness goals: Tighten & tone - go down to a size 8 (I'm currently a size 11/12) I have some fitness equipment at home and was looking to purchase some exercise DVDs and received an email about the Knot's Bridal Bootcamp - has anyone purchased/used these?  I'd like some feedback before investing. Thanks!
    Posted by blondeeberry[/QUOTE]

Blondee....
    I am doing the Turbo Fire DVDs to get ready for my wedding...I am about a month and a half into it and lost 10 pounds so far.  It's a mix of kickboxing, dance, and some fun music.  Here is a video showing what its about if this helps....

<a href="http://www.beachbodycoach.com/esuite/home/Dee926?bctid=75304674001" rel="nofollow">http://www.beachbodycoach.com/esuite/home/Dee926?bctid=75304674001</a>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Hi, im Sharon
    Wedding Date:March 23, 2013
    Weight loss/fitness goals: lose about 10 pounds and flatten abs
    Favorite cake flavor: butter pecan
    Anything interesting about myself: Me and my future mother in law have the same first name
  • Options
    Wedding date: 9/17/11

Weight loss/fitness goals: I want to tone up and lose 10 lbs! It's achievable!

Favorite cake flavor: Any cake thats VEGAN

If you lurk, how long have you: I haven't, just saw it!

Anything interesting about yourself: I have a vegan lifestyle and I love the outdoors!

Any question you might have: How can I motivate myself to work out at least three times a week?

Hope everyone is having a lovely day! Kiss
  • Options
    Hi calihix!  Welcome to the board!

Motivation is a tough one because everyone has different needs.  Some people set goals for themselves like:

*Every week I workout at least 3x =  treat on Sunday

*Go a whole month and don't skip a workout = manicure

My personal favorite is that I always treat myself to a 50 calorie Ghiradelli chocolate post-workout.  I'm not even a huge chocolate fan, but for some reason it tastes more delicious when I've earned it.  for summer I switch it up to fruit Popsicles.
  • Options
    Hi there
    Wedding date: 11/10/12

Weight loss/fitness goals:  I wld love to lose 30 lbs. 

Favorite cake flavor: chocolate

If you lurk, how long have you: have been engaged about 6 mo. Only recently started looking at this Getting In Shape board.

Anything interesting about yourself:  II'm an older bride who has waited a long time to get married so I want to look good : )

Any question you might have: Never really had trouble w/weight gain until last couple of years. I think medication I'm on is a contributing factor. Would love to hear tips for fighting off the urge to snack. Have always been a snacker but metabolism does not allow me to get away with it anymore!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Forgot to mention in previous post that I'm trying to do WW online. Using it once helped me to lose 10 lbs but then I got carried away with that fact, and I gained it back!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Wedding date: 4/6/13

Weight loss/fitness goals: To increase tone and lose 15 lbs.  I'm down 8 since January, but it fluctuates - I've been pretty bad about going to the gym lately and indulging a bit too much.  I need to lose a 1/2 inch in my waist by next April to fit into my dress!  Oh, and since I primarily do yoga and pilates, I'd like to increase my flexibility.  I used to be super flexible; now I'm not.

Favorite cake flavor: All of them.  Um...probably red velvet, if I'm choosing one.

If you lurk, how long have you: I wouldn't say I lurk per se, I just spend most of my time on other boards (my month board and my local board)

Anything interesting about yourself: I don't really like to play sports but I am a huuuuge sports fan.  Give me any sport and I will likely get into being a spectator.  Football's my favorite, though.

Any question you might have:  No questions right now.  :)
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hi my name's Lorinda

Wedding date: March 17, 2013

Weight loss/fitness goals: Need to lose significant amount of weight and tone

Favorite cake flavor: Angel Food

If you lurk, how long have you: For a few years off and on posting here and there but mostly just researching

Anything interesting about yourself: This will be my second time marrying David.

Any question you might have:
  • Options
    Wedding date:4/13/13 Goal: loose at least 50 lbs Fav cake: red velvet I don't remember the rest
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Options
    Wedding date : 4/ 21 / 2013 

Goal : 40lbs ....  I will take any advice given :) 

Favorite Cake : Vanilla with Butter Cream Frosting 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_new-posters-come-here-all-you-people-with-100-posts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:c61b7458-0da7-4bf9-a631-fa3072f0bbfaPost:f82d4985-e646-457e-83a0-86e58ccc51fe">Re: **New Posters come Here (All you people with <100 posts)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wedding date : 4/ 21 / 2013  Goal : 40lbs ....  I will take any advice given :)  Favorite Cake : Vanilla with Butter Cream Frosting 
    Posted by tokyolondon[/QUOTE]

<div><div style="background-image:initial;background-attachment:initial;background-origin:initial;background-clip:initial;background-color:#ffffff;border-style:initial;border-color:initial;border-image:initial;font-size:12px;outline-width:0px;outline-style:initial;outline-color:initial;vertical-align:baseline;font-family:Arial;border-width:0px;padding:0px;margin:0px;">Here are the basics (I blogged about the whole experience too and the link to that is in my signature below)</div><div style="background-image:initial;background-attachment:initial;background-origin:initial;background-clip:initial;background-color:#ffffff;border-style:initial;border-color:initial;border-image:initial;font-size:12px;outline-width:0px;outline-style:initial;outline-color:initial;vertical-align:baseline;font-family:Arial;border-width:0px;padding:0px;margin:0px;">
    </div><div style="background-image:initial;background-attachment:initial;background-origin:initial;background-clip:initial;background-color:#ffffff;border-style:initial;border-color:initial;border-image:initial;font-size:12px;outline-width:0px;outline-style:initial;outline-color:initial;vertical-align:baseline;font-family:Arial;border-width:0px;padding:0px;margin:0px;">*Get the crap out of the house.  If you have chips in your cupboard 24/7, someone is going to eat them.  If you have frozen processed lunches, it's too easy to grab that.  Remove the ease of access to things.  Example:  i love cake and ice cream.  i never have it in the house any more.  If i want it, I have to debate whether it is worth it to go spend the money, get dressed, take the time to drive to a restaurant type place to get it.  50% of the time it's not so I can avoid it.  The other 50% of the time, I go and enjoy myself.</div><div style="background-image:initial;background-attachment:initial;background-origin:initial;background-clip:initial;background-color:#ffffff;border-style:initial;border-color:initial;border-image:initial;font-size:12px;outline-width:0px;outline-style:initial;outline-color:initial;vertical-align:baseline;font-family:Arial;border-width:0px;padding:0px;margin:0px;">
    </div><div style="background-image:initial;background-attachment:initial;background-origin:initial;background-clip:initial;background-color:#ffffff;border-style:initial;border-color:initial;border-image:initial;font-size:12px;outline-width:0px;outline-style:initial;outline-color:initial;vertical-align:baseline;font-family:Arial;border-width:0px;padding:0px;margin:0px;">*Don't lose your favorite foods.  Find healthier alternatives.  For ice cream, there is a frozen yogurt place that has some fat-free and sugar-free choices plus toppings.  I'm going there tonight because their new flavor is "cheesecake".  I'll top it with fresh fruit or even cocoa roasted almonds.  Not only is it not bad for me.. it's actually good for me.  Pizza is a greasy yet flavorful diet killer if you overdo it regularly.  But there are DIY pizza recipes that are delicious and nutritious.  (fyi: turkey pepperoni is just as tasty as regular and WAY better for you)</div><div style="background-image:initial;background-attachment:initial;background-origin:initial;background-clip:initial;background-color:#ffffff;border-style:initial;border-color:initial;border-image:initial;font-size:12px;outline-width:0px;outline-style:initial;outline-color:initial;vertical-align:baseline;font-family:Arial;border-width:0px;padding:0px;margin:0px;">
    </div><div style="background-image:initial;background-attachment:initial;background-origin:initial;background-clip:initial;background-color:#ffffff;border-style:initial;border-color:initial;border-image:initial;font-size:12px;outline-width:0px;outline-style:initial;outline-color:initial;vertical-align:baseline;font-family:Arial;border-width:0px;padding:0px;margin:0px;">*Track your food.  All of it.  Everything you put into your mouth has a potential to impact your health.  Hop on a site like SparkPeople.com (it's free and has apps) and you will soon be able to see exactly where your food problems are.  Previous to doing that i was actually an under-eater.  Years of dieting had me slowly reducing my intake until I barely topped 900 calories most days.  I think my first week i tracked a 650 cal day.  Because of that, my body was in starvation mode and holding onto every darn bit of fat it could as a self-preservation technique.</div><div style="background-image:initial;background-attachment:initial;background-origin:initial;background-clip:initial;background-color:#ffffff;border-style:initial;border-color:initial;border-image:initial;font-size:12px;outline-width:0px;outline-style:initial;outline-color:initial;vertical-align:baseline;font-family:Arial;border-width:0px;padding:0px;margin:0px;">
    </div><div style="background-image:initial;background-attachment:initial;background-origin:initial;background-clip:initial;background-color:#ffffff;border-style:initial;border-color:initial;border-image:initial;font-size:12px;outline-width:0px;outline-style:initial;outline-color:initial;vertical-align:baseline;font-family:Arial;border-width:0px;padding:0px;margin:0px;">*Start an exercise routine.  It doesn't need to be something huge like taking on the p90x dvd program or running a marathon.  Just get moving.  Even a daily walk with a H/FI can start improving your health.  One of my favorite exercises is playing "chase the kittens"  it's like hide-and-seek but at high speeds all over the house.  20 minutes of that and you feel like you've worked out.</div><div style="background-image:initial;background-attachment:initial;background-origin:initial;background-clip:initial;background-color:#ffffff;border-style:initial;border-color:initial;border-image:initial;font-size:12px;outline-width:0px;outline-style:initial;outline-color:initial;vertical-align:baseline;font-family:Arial;border-width:0px;padding:0px;margin:0px;">
    </div><div style="background-image:initial;background-attachment:initial;background-origin:initial;background-clip:initial;background-color:#ffffff;border-style:initial;border-color:initial;border-image:initial;font-size:12px;outline-width:0px;outline-style:initial;outline-color:initial;vertical-align:baseline;font-family:Arial;border-width:0px;padding:0px;margin:0px;">*Set realistic healthy goals but set some superficial ones too.  My goal is to not be the fat mom some day.  When we have kids, I don't want to be too tired to play, I don't want to be an embarrassment to them as teenagers, and I want to teach them how to have a healthy lifestyle so they never have to struggle with this like i have since I was young.  I want to go to the doctor for a yearly physical and just once to be not reminded that I really should lose weight. Side goals: i want to look hot.  I want to walk into stores and not have clerks look at me with that "we only carry normal sizes" pity.  I want to like who I see in the mirror.  i want to wear a bikini in public without feeling like I should wear shorts and a t-shirt over it to not offend people with my blubber.  I want to wear cute flowy dresses and shirts without worrying that it could make me look pregnant.</div><div style="background-image:initial;background-attachment:initial;background-origin:initial;background-clip:initial;background-color:#ffffff;border-style:initial;border-color:initial;border-image:initial;font-size:12px;outline-width:0px;outline-style:initial;outline-color:initial;vertical-align:baseline;font-family:Arial;border-width:0px;padding:0px;margin:0px;">
    </div><div style="background-image:initial;background-attachment:initial;background-origin:initial;background-clip:initial;background-color:#ffffff;border-style:initial;border-color:initial;border-image:initial;font-size:12px;outline-width:0px;outline-style:initial;outline-color:initial;vertical-align:baseline;font-family:Arial;border-width:0px;padding:0px;margin:0px;">*Eat your veggies.  Your body needs vitamins.  Veggies and fruits are SO good for you.  If you don't like the taste (like my H didn't) there are tons of ways to prepare them and sneak them in that are delicious.</div><div style="background-image:initial;background-attachment:initial;background-origin:initial;background-clip:initial;background-color:#ffffff;border-style:initial;border-color:initial;border-image:initial;font-size:12px;outline-width:0px;outline-style:initial;outline-color:initial;vertical-align:baseline;font-family:Arial;border-width:0px;padding:0px;margin:0px;">
    </div><div style="background-image:initial;background-attachment:initial;background-origin:initial;background-clip:initial;background-color:#ffffff;border-style:initial;border-color:initial;border-image:initial;font-size:12px;outline-width:0px;outline-style:initial;outline-color:initial;vertical-align:baseline;font-family:Arial;border-width:0px;padding:0px;margin:0px;">*Eat breakfast.  I feel like my body doesn't get revved up until I eat something.  Even if it's just a single cheese because I'm not hungry when I first wake up, that wakes up my system.  I feel like it's led to a more efficient body for me.</div><div style="background-image:initial;background-attachment:initial;background-origin:initial;background-clip:initial;background-color:#ffffff;border-style:initial;border-color:initial;border-image:initial;font-size:12px;outline-width:0px;outline-style:initial;outline-color:initial;vertical-align:baseline;font-family:Arial;border-width:0px;padding:0px;margin:0px;">
    </div><div style="background-image:initial;background-attachment:initial;background-origin:initial;background-clip:initial;background-color:#ffffff;border-style:initial;border-color:initial;border-image:initial;font-size:12px;outline-width:0px;outline-style:initial;outline-color:initial;vertical-align:baseline;font-family:Arial;border-width:0px;padding:0px;margin:0px;">*Meal planning:  It's not only good for your wallet (helps avoid impulse buys) but it also allows you to make sure you always have healthy food on hand.  I have no "convenience" food in my house.  But i could whip up a dinner right now with only 10 minutes warning because after i shop I come home and do the whole week's meal prep (what I can anyway) and packages everything in little containers.  I have single servings of cheese and meat cubes, cottage cheese, sugar free jello, sugar free pudding, beef jerky, cut veggies and dip.  All of those are free snacks.  If I'm hungry, I eat.  I also portion out things that I'll need for various dinners and cook things like boiled eggs, mini egg bakes for breakfasts, and chicken breasts that all make for easy and quick snacks and salad additions.</div><div style="background-image:initial;background-attachment:initial;background-origin:initial;background-clip:initial;background-color:#ffffff;border-style:initial;border-color:initial;border-image:initial;font-size:12px;outline-width:0px;outline-style:initial;outline-color:initial;vertical-align:baseline;font-family:Arial;border-width:0px;padding:0px;margin:0px;">
    </div><div style="background-image:initial;background-attachment:initial;background-origin:initial;background-clip:initial;background-color:#ffffff;border-style:initial;border-color:initial;border-image:initial;font-size:12px;outline-width:0px;outline-style:initial;outline-color:initial;vertical-align:baseline;font-family:Arial;border-width:0px;padding:0px;margin:0px;">*Eat:  getting yourself a healthy diet should not involve suffering needlessly.  If you are hungry, eat.  just stay away from crap foods.  I had heard it before and didn't quite believe it, but crappy food makes you want more crappy food.  A little handful of chips can quickly become half a bag (pop chips are a delicious and healthier alternative)  whereas healthy things seem to satiate me better.  plus, there is no guilt.  If i want more watermelon, cheese, or whatever... I eat it.</div><div style="background-image:initial;background-attachment:initial;background-origin:initial;background-clip:initial;background-color:#ffffff;border-style:initial;border-color:initial;border-image:initial;font-size:12px;outline-width:0px;outline-style:initial;outline-color:initial;vertical-align:baseline;font-family:Arial;border-width:0px;padding:0px;margin:0px;">
    </div><div style="background-image:initial;background-attachment:initial;background-origin:initial;background-clip:initial;background-color:#ffffff;border-style:initial;border-color:initial;border-image:initial;font-size:12px;outline-width:0px;outline-style:initial;outline-color:initial;vertical-align:baseline;font-family:Arial;border-width:0px;padding:0px;margin:0px;">*Don't be lazy:  it's SO easy to just say I'll do it later, I'll start tomorrow, or just to keep doing what you've always done.  But we're on a weight loss and fitness board... obviously it hasn't worked.  Sure, maybe someone once lost 40lbs on WW or "dieted" their way to 15 lbs last year.  But if you're here and overweight, regardless of past losses, you're doing it wrong.  The real goal is to get to a weight that's healthy and to maintain it.  Without having to obsess over it.  You want a healthy lifestyle.  Everyone does.  I know I'd like to never count calories or debate over whether I really need a second helping of mashed potatoes and gravy.  It should be intuitive.  I think once I know what all foods are worth to my body completely and totally without thinking, can eat pizza without worrying about the scale, then I think I'll have truly made it.  Because then my lifestyle will be healthy and complete.</div></div>
  • Options
    Wedding date: 10/10/12 Weight loss/fitness goals: Lose ten stubborn pounds Favorite cake flavor: Chocolate If you lurk, how long have you: A couple of weeks. Anything interesting about yourself: Nope, can't think of anything. Any question you might have: None at the moment!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Wedding date: 9/2/12

Weight loss/fitness goals:  5-10 lbs, but really just generally be more toned

Favorite cake flavor: Almond- yum!

If you lurk, how long have you: very recent- a few days maybe

Anything interesting about yourself: I am loving the process of wedding planning so far.  I still have plenty of time for the Bridezilla to come out, but so far so good!  I find that I am using the wedding as an excuse to "never have time" for other things though, such as cooking a quality meal, getting to bed at a decent time, and especially exercising.  I get home from work late, eat late, stay up late to fit wedding planning in, then am too tired to do any sort of workouts the next day-- then the pattern continues.

Any question you might have: How do I get and stay motivated and find time to get my workouts in?  I am already abusing my snooze button in the mornings and finding it too easy to go back to sleep rather than wake up for a workout.  But at night I'm tired from work and (here comes the really bad excuse) trying to wash my hair every other day at the suggestion of my hair stylist.  If I get sweaty each night, then my hair will look so gross for the whole next day if I can't wash it.  Don't worry, I want to slap myself for that one too, but it's just one more item on my ist of excuses. How do I find the time, energy and motivation to get some exercise in?
  • Options
    Hi there! I hope I'm not too late to jump in on this. 

My wedding date is September 7th, 2013.

I would like to lose about 10 pounds, and I'm trying to tone up, specifically my lower body.

I haven't decided on a cake flavor yet. 

I joined TK a few months ago. I've only been to this board a few times though. 

I'm currently a grad student going for my MBA! 

I can't think of any questions right now. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Wedding date: 9/1/13

Weight loss/fitness goals: I really need to tone up and build some muscle.  I just started an 8 week walk/jog program that should have me jogging for 30 minutes straight at the end of it, but I also want to get some upper body strength.

Favorite cake flavor: Chocolate

If you lurk, how long have you: A few months, but I'm new to this board.

Any question you might have:  Any suggestions on where to find a good 'sample' diet for the week of the wedding?  To avoid wedding bloat.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Wedding date: January 5, 2013
    Weight loss/fitness goals: lose 15-20 lbs, tone my stomach and arms, increase my flexibility, start our married life together healthy and happy! :o)

Favorite cake flavor: it´s cruel and unusual to make me choose. chocolate, mocha, tres lecehs, strawberry shortcake, carrot cake...

If you lurk, how long have you: joined theknot in after our engagement in january 2012 :o)

Anything interesting about yourself: teacher from new york marrying a beautiful costa rican man in beautiful costa rica... applying for a k-1 visa so we can live in the united states after the wedding. the application process often overshadows the wedding planning, and determines whether or not we get to have our second wedding in the U.S!

Any question you might have: not at the moment! :o)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hi Everyone!

Wedding date: 6/15/13

Weight loss/fitness goals: To lose 15lbs and keep it off

Favorite cake flavor: Hmm where do I start... chocolate, red velvet, strawberry shortcake, toffee, I could go on but those are my top four

If you lurk, how long have you: This is my first time on this board but I've been "lurking" on my month and Rhode Island board for a few months and just started posting last week

Anything interesting about yourself: I love peacocks they have always been a source of inspiration

Any question you might have: How do you get and stay motivated? My FI is training for the olympics and I can't even get off the couch! I have the same problem as krusk911 I work long hours and I'm exhausted when I get home and when I exercise late I find that I'm up all night. Any suggestions?
    imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    beautifulvice: To avoid pre-wedding bloat, generally staying away from prepackaged foods (because of the high salt usually there), eating as clean as possible (avoid super rich and greasy foods), and drink lots of water to keep your system from storing extra.

Belle7fl: I work best when setting goals for myself.  Make it a competition and then reward yourself for each week well done.
  • Options
    rmp4996rmp4996 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    Wedding date: June 29, 2013

Weight loss/fitness goals: I'd like to lose 20 lbs, and be back to the weight I used to be. Problem is, I eat when I'm bored, and can't resist the snacks!!!!!

Favorite cake flavor: Vanilla

If you lurk, how long have you: about 6 months

Anything interesting about yourself: I love to lose myself in a book, and I'm a very picky eater. I don't like pizza, cheese, eggs, etc but I LOVE carbs and can't give them up.

Any question you might have: Need  ideas to get motivated, like most people. Also, besides grilled chicken and salads, what can I eat that is lean, will make me feel like I actually ate dinner, and that I can enjoy? (Hate veggie/turkey burgers too, I am a very picky eater.)
    Honeymoon Destination - Hawaii image
  • Options
    rmp:  I don't worry too much about what meats I eat, just how I prepare them.  Grilling is great of course.   I cook up pork chops on the stove in a splash of olive oil.  Sirloins are one of the leaner good beef choices (crockpot roasts are awesome too),  I still eat burgers, fish is great, I stuff chicken breasts with cheese and herbs then bake..  There really are tons of options.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Hi friends! I'm Brittany!

Wedding date: June 8, 2013

Weight loss/fitness goals: Currently a little over 150 (thanks to my 3rd year of college) and would like to get back under 130. I miss all my clothes.

Favorite cake flavor: I'm a fan of anything chocolate.

If you lurk, how long have you: I think I've popped in on this board a few times in the past, but I wouldn't say I'm a lurker. I get on TK and go straight to my month board.

Anything interesting about yourself: FI and I were long distance for almost our entire first year together, but he just moved last week and currently lives with me in my room at my parents' house until we finish our remodeling.

Any question you might have: I'm just trying to get a feel for what works for others so I can figure out what works for me. No specific questions.
    June 2013 May Challenge: The Dress
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Wedding Date: 12/1/12

Weight Loss/Fitness Goal:  Look great in my wedding dress

Favorite Cake Flavor:  I'm not that fond of cake, so pretty much any will do.  But start talking ice cream and ooooh baby! Laughing

Lurking Time:  NOT!  Just got here.

Anything interesting about yourself:  I just celebrated my 50th birthday and am an encore bride.  Tomorrow is my one year anniversary of changing to a no sugar no grain way of eating.  I lost 60 pounds in 6 months and have kept 50+ of it off for 6 months (what's come back was part of a month-long booze-filled birthday celebration, lol).

Any questions:  None, really.  I'm just interested in seeing what other brides are doing.
  • Options
    hello!

Wedding date: Nov 3 2012

Weight loss/fitness goals: ultimate goal, 55 more pounds. by the wedding, realistically 30 pounds (i lost 35 pounds in 6 months and then in the year after that only creeped down about 10).

Favorite cake flavor: pineapple

If you lurk, how long have you: just started getting involved in reading the boards

Anything interesting about yourself: i do cancer research!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Wedding date: 05/25/2013

Weight loss/fitness goals: Loose weight and tighten up.

Favorite cake flavor:Marble.<3

If you lurk, how long have you: New to this all. :)

Anything interesting about yourself: I'm having a camouflge and hunters orange colored wedding.

Any question you might have: Is there any other plus size brides out there? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    There are a good handful of plus sized brides on this board. Heck, I'm not a bride anymore but i'm still plus sized by most doctor's standards.

Why do you ask?
  • Options
    hey all...

Anniversary date: October 23, 2011

Weight loss/fitness goals: I was able to get back down to my pre-pregnancy weight and lost 40 pounds before our wedding last October. I've put 10 pounds back on and would like to get rid of it

Favorite cake flavor: I love em all but have been craving red velvet lately

If you lurk, how long have you: Used to post last year, but stopped after awhile

Anything interesting about yourself: I am obsessed with Matthew Good, House and New Orleans. I guess that's not really interesting though. Meh.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Wedding date: june 29 2013
    Weight loss/fitness goals: drop at least 40 lbs, stop smoking and get more active! I know I have an athlete body under all this flab just need the motivation to lose it!

Favorite cake flavor:not a huge cake fan but I love me some caramel!

If you lurk, how long have you: Just started lurking on this blog today!

Anything interesting about yourself: hmmm...I'm related to two presidents lol though only one lasted like a day I believe but personality wise I'm quite shy and reserved unless you get a drink in me and I'm up on the kareoke stage singing tequila! I'm much better writer than talker.
    I should clarify that I'm not the best writer (grammatically, spelling, etc) just that I'm better at expressing myself through writing things down than talking just want to add that inLaughing

Any question you might have: I get up real early in the morning (5am) to leave for work and Don't have time to eat breakfast so I usually don't eat my breakfast until 9:30..What would be a good thing to grab and go to eat that early before my actual breakfast? I also don't eat lunch until about 1:30 so i need something that lasts
  • Options
    ktdid:  I usually eat actual breakfast around 9:30 because I just can't stomach the idea of a proper meal until i've been up a few hours.  That being said, I do try to eat something right when I get up to get my metabolism firing up.  A babybel cheese, peanut butter toast, a mini egg bake, or even a fruit smoothie.
  • Options
    Hi!
    Wedding date:
    June 22, 2013
    Weight loss/fitness goals:
    I want to lose 20 lbs by November 3 which is when I will also be a bridesmaid ina wedding and then continue to maintain that and tone even more until my wedding
    Favorite cake flavor:
    Red velvet or funfetti, not a huge cake fan because usually too dry
    If you lurk, how long have you:
    Ive been on the Knot since I got engaged in january and mostly just read with the occasional post but trying to be more active
    Anything interesting about yourself:
    My workout program right now is Insanity and just completed week 1 and already feel great and like im actually getting more in shape but havent yet seen the lbs come off. I also am rock climbing and looking for other programs and lifestyle changes to maintain after I finish the 60 days of insanity.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards