Wedding Etiquette Forum

Thursday Evening

Re: Thursday Evening

• UGH. I MEAN PM. PPPEEEE EEEEEEEMMMMM.

It was a long day.

ANYWAY. My mom turns 60 this weekend, and she sent me and Scott and invitation to her party. It's really freaking cute. It should be noted, that it's just me, Scott, my brothers and their SO's, the boys, and her boyfriend invited, and she's doing nearly all of the cooking.

She's a dollface.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • YOU MEAN YOU HOPE TO TAKE ME TO ONE OF THEM.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Sesh I would feel guilty too and end up letting them in. 

Usually after about 7 on the weekends she starts meowing pitifully and I will get up and come cuddle with her on the couch. It's only on the days we have off. Once she wakes up and realizes we are not up and about, she starts.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • OR I COULD MEAN THAT TOO. But I don't have pretty seats like you are used to. :(
  • I just love being at Target Field, yo. Champions Club or not. :)

The Margarita Evolution
  • Ok good. :) Because my tickets are in section 325 but they really aren't bad views. There aren't many bad views in that whole place anyway.
  • Oh for sure! I really don't think there's a bad seat in the house! I'd kill for season tickets. Or ya know. To not have to drive 3.5 hours to get there, but WHATEVER.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Yeah, I have the smallest game package (20) which I still think is PLENTY. I was like number 2500 last year on the waitlist so their bad season really helped me get season tickets haha. Its ok by me because now I can have them as long as I have a little $$!
  • Season tickets are the best, MuSu! My family has them for the O's, going with my dad was always one of my favorite things to do in the summer. Will they give you the opportunity to upgrade them over time?
  • Lissa -- I think every year you get the opportunity to upgrade if you want. But I wouldn't be able to until I am out of school lol. That is cool that you still go to O's games! Their crowds always make me sad because they are so thin!
  • Is it the color in your sig Holly?
  • Hi ladies!

H and I just went out to celebrate our soon-to-be homeowning status.

I am happily full of wine and housemade strawberry ice cream.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thursday-evening?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:52efcaac-e260-4bbe-bbf2-1d556257aaecPost:b1c81c65-5e83-484f-9ab8-49de1d74d997">Re: Thursday Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi ladies! H and I just went out to celebrate our soon-to-be homeowning status. I am happily full of wine and housemade strawberry ice cream.
    Posted by mica178[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>YAY! That's so exciting and the house is so pretty. What color do you think you'll paint the outside?

</div>
  • Congrats on the house Mica!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh ok Holly, well you seem to have a nice skin tone for either dark or blonde. :)
  • Oh man, good luck with that! How are you guys going to retrain her? I'm assuming she was allowed on the bed before?

I'm loving this week because H is out of town so the dogs are sleeping on his half and I can strech out.
  • I'm thinking gray with cream trim and some other color door.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thursday-evening?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:52efcaac-e260-4bbe-bbf2-1d556257aaecPost:16b3863a-4c72-4596-963a-5a3a895169da">Re: Thursday Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh man, good luck with that! How are you guys going to retrain her? I'm assuming she was allowed on the bed before? I'm loving this week because H is out of town so the dogs are sleeping on his half and I can strech out.
    Posted by tortis[/QUOTE]

While she is obviously not happy with it, she is being pretty obedient and hasn't once actually leaped on the bed without permission. We originally had her trained so that she was let on the bed by invite only. So now she just doesn't get invited, which I think is why she is mad haha.
  • Congrats Mica! Is this the short-sale one that was being such a pain? If so, I'm glad it worked out!
  • I read that fast Mica and saw, "I'm thinking gay with cream" and I had this face Surprised
  • speaking of homeownership, we were supposed to get an escrow overage check in December.  WTF is my money Bank of America?!?!  
    Photobucket
  • I wish we had been a little more strict with training when our pups were babies. They are pretty well behaved, and only get better now that they are geting out of puppy stage, but they have pretty much the run of the house.
  • Gay with cream.  Huh.  What would Freud say?

This is the short sale. We were one day from the bank just foreclosing on the family, and then they came to their senses and accepted our offer.  Woot!
  • Oh, and MuSu- love the new sig!
  • Yeah, I am happy we trained her that way otherwise it would be way harder to keep her off the bed! And thank you! :)

Mica I'm sure Freud would have something interesting to say, haha.
  • BofA has been having financial difficulties.  Hopefully they haven't spent your check, KJB!
  • ErinG93ErinG93 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Switch banks! I haven't heard good things about Bank of America, but I also haven't had any direct experiences with them. 
  • well if they don't send me the money they lawfully owe me, I will not be sending them anymore money.
    Photobucket
  • Hi ladies. I'm finishing up the things I have to do before heading to Northern VA tomorrow.

Did I miss photos of the house Mica? Congrats! I'm so happy for you guys!
  • Just the exterior.  The interior has questionable furniture and really weird shots of the bathroom that aren't esp flattering.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards