Wedding Etiquette Forum

Mosque in NYC

Re: Mosque in NYC

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_mosque-nyc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:76e4ffe4-5560-4d07-94a7-712b2622cde5Post:c321a7be-93e3-4af2-b775-8d268b1423d3">Re: Mosque in NYC</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Mosque in NYC : why? Because crazy ass extremists did something awful 9 years ago and you think a whole community of people should suffer? people who have beliefs of peace? that's really ignorant, sorry, I can't even sugar coat that.
    Posted by angie74[/QUOTE]

this. 

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_mosque-nyc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:76e4ffe4-5560-4d07-94a7-712b2622cde5Post:0a9de930-d774-4b8a-b3eb-abc7ec50e927">Re: Mosque in NYC</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mosque in NYC : There are a bunch of people on my community forum who insist on calling him "Barack HUSSEIN Obama" -- just like that, with his middle name capitalized.  Because, you know, he's practically the same person as Saddam. I live in the Middle Of Nowhere, Arizona.  It's embarassing.
    Posted by Celles[/QUOTE]

Because Hussein is in no way the arabic equivalent of Jones. Oh wait...
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_mosque-nyc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:76e4ffe4-5560-4d07-94a7-712b2622cde5Post:57daee3c-92f8-4ff8-8956-06336896abde">Re: Mosque in NYC</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mosque in NYC : You are actually wrong on this it IS a religous war.  I'm NOT saying all Muslims agree with it, in fact I would say 99.999% do not.  <strong>But Osama was the one who claimed this was a religious act, there has been a holy war going on for decades now. </strong> So to say that religion had nothing to do with it is ignorant, however I DO NOT believe that the people of this mosque have anything at all to do with these extremist and I do believe they have the right to build wherever the hell they want.  I just think that being in their position for the sake of public relations I wouldn't have chosen to build it that close.
    Posted by jnic0319[/QUOTE]

Yes, he claimed 9/11 as a terrorist attack for all of Islam -- even though 99.9% of Muslims condemn Osama and everything that he stands for.

So this argument is invalid.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Nuggs, seriously, you're giving me an intellegasm*  

(*intellectual orgasm. yeah, i made it up)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_mosque-nyc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:76e4ffe4-5560-4d07-94a7-712b2622cde5Post:57daee3c-92f8-4ff8-8956-06336896abde">Re: Mosque in NYC</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mosque in NYC : You are actually wrong on this it IS a religous war.  I'm NOT saying all Muslims agree with it, in fact I would say 99.999% do not.  But Osama was the one who claimed this was a religious act, there has been a holy war going on for decades now.  So to say that religion had nothing to do with it is ignorant, however I DO NOT believe that the people of this mosque have anything at all to do with these extremist and I do believe they have the right to build wherever the hell they want.  I just think that being in their position for the sake of public relations I wouldn't have chosen to build it that close.

You want to get into religious wars?  Two words.  THE.  CRUSADES.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_mosque-nyc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:76e4ffe4-5560-4d07-94a7-712b2622cde5Post:2c79f9bf-f220-4566-90ea-1bc07e0d7266">Re: Mosque in NYC</a>:
    [QUOTE]**Big note** I did not know until StageManager said something that there was already a prayer room.  If they already have a functioning building there then it's not in poor taste.  I honestly have just heard the media freaking out about but having been clipping every news article so that's probably why I didn't know that. And this is the other thing that frustrates me.  Every day I encounter people who are going around spouting off about how wrong it is, and then they are completely surprised when I mention that it's not actually ON Ground Zero, or that the building is already owned by the Muslim group, who have been holding prayer services there, or whatever else fact it is that is kind of a major component to the issue. I'm not trying to single you out and attack you, andy, but how in the world do all of these people managed to get so riled up without finding out the facts first?  I mean, seriously?  Even if you are watching, listening, or reading completely biased right-wing newscasts, the actual location and current use of the building still come up. Is everyone just forming their political opinions based on headlines these days?
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

I'm not riled at all.  I seriously only started this thread to get people moving and talking.  I legitimately don't really care about this issue.  I didn't get every fact because I don't care.  I don't have a super strong opinion on it. 
    My Bio Updated 4/6/10
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_mosque-nyc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:76e4ffe4-5560-4d07-94a7-712b2622cde5Post:fa92c0ca-a75c-4e6b-ac79-8fc2a25e2ca5">Re: Mosque in NYC</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mosque in NYC : And that 2cents is ridiculous, mongering and full of stupidity.  You know why?  There are churches in Jerusalem, where Crusaders went wailing through and destroyed everyone and everything-- they were the terrorists of their day.  How about near the site of the Oklahoma City bombing?  Or... what about the sites dedicated to Custer?  He was a terrorist, wasn't he?  Sanctioned by the government, but a homicidal maniac just the same.  Your idea of terrorist is biased and blinded by your Bible.
    Posted by AmoroAgain[/QUOTE]

That's a little too harsh Amoro and you don't know me well at all.  I work in Public Relations for the NYS government.  ALL I am saying is that it's REALLY BAD PR.  If I were representing the builders of this mosque I would STRONGLY advise they pick a different location for the exact reasons this is blowing up in the news.
  • Maybe I'm more sensitive to this issue because I am a New Yorker.

I hear this from one of my best friend's all the damn time.  I love her... but every time she pulls the "because I am a New Yorker" card, I want to smack her.  The entire country was affected by 9/11 and its aftermath, just like the entire country is affected by racism and religious intolerance. 

The fact that you think they don't respect the people who died on 9/11 because they want to build something that will promote outreach and community makes me want to smack you right in the face. 

Nugget FTW.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_mosque-nyc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:76e4ffe4-5560-4d07-94a7-712b2622cde5Post:57daee3c-92f8-4ff8-8956-06336896abde">Re: Mosque in NYC</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mosque in NYC :  I just think that being in their position for the sake of public relations I wouldn't have chosen to build it that close.

You never answered my question. How far away do YOU think it should be before you don't consider it insensitive anymore?  I'm honestly curious.  3 blocks? 4?  5 miles? What?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_mosque-nyc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:76e4ffe4-5560-4d07-94a7-712b2622cde5Post:bb8965b6-6d69-4149-8937-31d550f549cf">Re: Mosque in NYC</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mosque in NYC : I don't think that the fact that they "should have known" automatically means that they shouldn't build there.  It's America, sheesh, they can build where they want. For me, personally - I just generally like to avoid conflicts of that nature.  But that's just me.  I'm relatively unconfrontational.  I don't particularly like to get up in people's faces all the time to just make a point.  I do think that this entire debate is a really great opportunity to make some GREAT points for the majority of Muslims - who are non-violent - that hate and intolerance, no matter who its directed at, is not okay.  Of course they knew there would be backlash - but I didn't mean that the impending backlash should have forced them to reconsider.  I should have been a little more thorough.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

You know who else was non-violent? Martin Luther King. But he was sure as hell not non-confrontational.

However, I would also like to point out that Manhattan is extremely cosmopolitan. Always has been. There are a fair amount of Muslims in lower Manhattan. the island itself is only 3 miles by 14 miles big. So what, should they all get banished to NJ?
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_mosque-nyc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:76e4ffe4-5560-4d07-94a7-712b2622cde5Post:51cc97b6-b3d4-4006-a040-a90a8f2599a1">Re: Mosque in NYC</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mosque in NYC : Yes, he claimed 9/11 as a terrorist attack for all of Islam -- even though 99.9% of Muslims condemn Osama and everything that he stands for. So this argument is invalid.
    Posted by baystateapple[/QUOTE]

Did you not read my previous sentence????
  • J.T.J.T. member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_mosque-nyc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:76e4ffe4-5560-4d07-94a7-712b2622cde5Post:b576e34c-0f2e-42ed-891a-c227f1d44ee1">Re: Mosque in NYC</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mosque in NYC : I'm not riled at all.  I seriously only started this thread to get people moving and talking.  I legitimately don't really care about this issue.  I didn't get every fact because I don't care.  I don't have a super strong opinion on it. 
    Posted by andyandhillary[/QUOTE]

How can you not care about how ignorant it makes the US look to the rest of the world?  How can you not care that so many politicians/citizens seem to think that it's okay to throw the Constitution out the door when things get a little uncomfortable for them or they disagree with someone?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_mosque-nyc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:76e4ffe4-5560-4d07-94a7-712b2622cde5Post:4111f704-54a7-4ac7-8034-08e3f72e970f">Re: Mosque in NYC</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mosque in NYC : If I'm not mistaken, McVeigh considered himself an athiest.  After the bombings he was linked by the media to the far right Christian extremists I believe.  Which is a similar to what is happening with the mosque. 
    Posted by kellyjellybelly[/QUOTE]
    McVeigh was part of the Michigan Militia which is an anti-government group with some extremist Christian ties. 

Hilary, if you're going to say something that is SO controversial or believe something like that, how could you as an intelligent, self-respecting woman, NOT RESEARCH THIS.  How. could. you.  Shame on you.  If you're going to say this crap, you sure as shiit better know what you're talking about.  I live in fucking Sweden and am more knowledgeable about this than you.  AND your excuses suck.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_mosque-nyc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:76e4ffe4-5560-4d07-94a7-712b2622cde5Post:b576e34c-0f2e-42ed-891a-c227f1d44ee1">Re: Mosque in NYC</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mosque in NYC : I'm not riled at all.  I seriously only started this thread to get people moving and talking.  I legitimately don't really care about this issue.  I didn't get every fact because I don't care.  I don't have a super strong opinion on it. 

Honestly, this makes you look more ignorant than anything else you've posted in this thread -- and that's saying quite a bit.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_mosque-nyc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:76e4ffe4-5560-4d07-94a7-712b2622cde5Post:194fd163-ead3-4979-8ac1-c78c134cf050">Re: Mosque in NYC</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mosque in NYC : Correct.  He was actually raised strict Baptist(I believe) but later denounced organized religion and the existence of a God at all.  Hence my Murrah building comment earlier. Oh, and I was in OKC when it happened and knew people who died in that building, so don't even try the "more sensitive because I have link to it" card with me kids.  :P
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

All right, bad example, and also I totally missed your Murrah building comment.

And jnic, ok, yes, it WAS about religion, but not mainstream Islam.  So maybe I didn't word it 100% awesome for you, but my point still stands, and I think your Japan/Pearl Harbor comment is idiotic.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Let them build the Mosque and let me say Merry F*cking Christmas and have the store clerk say it back to me. 

We spend all this time trying to be sensitive to others and we're the most unsensitive country in the world. 

I gotta get out of this thread. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_mosque-nyc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:76e4ffe4-5560-4d07-94a7-712b2622cde5Post:d6e04065-fa04-4395-af3a-d9fde30fb597">Re: Mosque in NYC</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mosque in NYC :  I disagree, because the Muslim religion has nothing to do with the terrorist attack.  Posted by LauraT25[/QUOTE]
    Does "in the name of Allah" ring a bell?
    PhotobucketWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_mosque-nyc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:76e4ffe4-5560-4d07-94a7-712b2622cde5Post:9cdedcab-e449-4778-9e93-021ff42e2278">Re: Mosque in NYC</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mosque in NYC : You never answered my question. How far away do YOU think it should be before you don't consider it insensitive anymore?  I'm honestly curious.  3 blocks? 4?  5 miles? What?
    Posted by cengle[/QUOTE]

If I were working for them, I would advise they build outside of the shadows of where the WTC would have stood and outside of that "neighborhood" however, I do believe they have the right to build wherever, I just think it was a really bad pr move and therefore done in poor taste in my opinion.  You can all flame me all you want, I have to stick to my guns on this one...it was bad pr period and did nothing to help their cause with racist bigots, I think the uproar in the news is enough to prove me right on this.
  • Things happen all the time that make the U.S. bad.  I research a lot of them.  I have certain issues I am seriously passionate about that, I feel, effect the U.S. far more than any building of religious worship will.  I don't feel like this issue, that will out in a month, is the end all be all for the U.S. 

An on the "makes the U.S. look bad" note...the world thinks we're asshats for a multitude of reasons.  This really didn't change it that much.  Worsened it?  Sure.  But our country already sucks in most people's eyes.
    My Bio Updated 4/6/10
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_mosque-nyc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:76e4ffe4-5560-4d07-94a7-712b2622cde5Post:674600a7-678c-4be9-a07b-15755707be53">Re: Mosque in NYC</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mosque in NYC : You know who else was non-violent? Martin Luther King. But he was sure as hell not non-confrontational. However, I would also like to point out that Manhattan is extremely cosmopolitan. Always has been. There are a fair amount of Muslims in lower Manhattan. the island itself is only 3 miles by 14 miles big. So what, should they all get banished to NJ?
    Posted by msmerymac[/QUOTE]

Dr. King definitely is a great example of non-confrontational and non-violent - but the reactions he was getting were pretty explosive.  Kinda the same thing that's happening today I think - the Muslims just wanna have a community center that happens to be near the site of a terror attack.  They're not being violent about it - but the reactions are violent.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_mosque-nyc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:76e4ffe4-5560-4d07-94a7-712b2622cde5Post:bef65b64-a5f8-4df1-afaa-0248828d8716">Re: Mosque in NYC</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mosque in NYC : Does "in the name of Allah" ring a bell?
    Posted by MrsNash2be[/QUOTE]

Uh, people do things "in the name of God" all the time that most Christians don't agree with.  A few extremists =/= entire religion
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_mosque-nyc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:76e4ffe4-5560-4d07-94a7-712b2622cde5Post:bef65b64-a5f8-4df1-afaa-0248828d8716">Re: Mosque in NYC</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mosque in NYC : Does "in the name of Allah" ring a bell?
    Posted by MrsNash2be[/QUOTE]

Once again.  THE CRUSADES.  Or how about the hardcore denial of the Holocaust by the guy who is currently in charge of the Catholic religion?  What about Hitler killing a bunch of people because he thought it was God's will?  If I fly a plane into a building and yell "In the name of McDonald's!" does that mean that Big Macs are going to be outlawed and Ronald's going to be strung up?

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• OK  Right now the only huge thing that upsets me is the reporting that they want the ribbon cutting on the 10th years anniversary on 9/11.  That to me is poor taste, because Muslims have been tied so closely to 9/11 if only by the media and it will take away from the meaning of the anniversary.

My understanding it is more of a community center then a  Mosque.  But the Muslims are finding it so insert the media spin.  Also I think Muslim is one of the largest religions in the world.  I would assume they would have a Mosque in Ny and most major cities as well
    I do not believe that all Muslims are terrorists but I understand that with the media and such with associate them as one.  It is not right.  In truth I think the Catholics and Protestant  religions should be feared the most on this logic.  Lets talk the Ireland religious wars.  ( I am irish catholic)

I am curious, people who are not in the US how is this being reported?  We have a huge spin on our media here.  I rem when I was overseas vacationing ( news was the only English speaking station)  that the news was more direct.  How are we being seen?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_mosque-nyc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:76e4ffe4-5560-4d07-94a7-712b2622cde5Post:26277de6-efc9-4c59-a097-5ce90afe9058">Re: Mosque in NYC</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mosque in NYC : All right, bad example, and also I totally missed your Murrah building comment. And jnic, ok, yes, it WAS about religion, but not mainstream Islam.  So maybe I didn't word it 100% awesome for you,<strong> but my point still stands, and I think your Japan/Pearl Harbor comment is idiotic.</strong>
    Posted by LauraT25[/QUOTE]

I accept that, it was an ignorant comment and I will recognize that...it was a stupid example.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_mosque-nyc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:76e4ffe4-5560-4d07-94a7-712b2622cde5Post:efb6cbb1-c9ed-40c6-a98d-913d43214abd">Re: Mosque in NYC</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mosque in NYC : If I were working for them, I would advise they build outside of the shadows of where the WTC would have stood and outside of that "neighborhood" however, I do believe they have the right to build wherever, I just think it was a really bad pr move and therefore done in poor taste in my opinion.  You can all flame me all you want, I have to stick to my guns on this one...it was bad pr period and did nothing to help their cause with racist bigots, I think the uproar in the news is enough to prove me right on this.

Man F*ck the PR......we're talking about real people!  Who gives a flying rats a$$ what it looks like in the media.  It's about what's right.  And what are the "shadows of the WTC"?  That means out of NY?  You'd much prefer the PR of New York be alright but not worry about the backlash of the world for discrimination of a group of people just living in America causing no trouble?

Ummm, ok. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_mosque-nyc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:76e4ffe4-5560-4d07-94a7-712b2622cde5Post:361c4edc-c560-46b6-990b-99a86cb70068">Re: Mosque in NYC</a>:
    [QUOTE]Things happen all the time that make the U.S. bad.  I research a lot of them.  I have certain issues I am seriously passionate about that, I feel, effect the U.S. far more than any building of religious worship will.  I don't feel like this issue, that will out in a month, is the end all be all for the U.S.  An on the "makes the U.S. look bad" note...the world thinks we're asshats for a multitude of reasons.  This really didn't change it that much.  Worsened it?  Sure.  But our country already sucks in most people's eyes.

Oh!  Well that makes it totally okay then!  We're already asshats to many people, so we may as well just go all the way!! WOOOOO!!

What the fuuck?  I'm ashamed of you and the people you represent. 

Honestly, the US was on a huge upswing around the world with the election of Obama, and while there are some people who will always think that the US is bad about some things, you know the most common questions I get?  "Is everyone fat?"  "Have you ever shot a gun?" "Have you ever owned a gun?"  No one thinks of the US as the land of racism because pretty much all European nations give us a run for our money on that topic.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_mosque-nyc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:76e4ffe4-5560-4d07-94a7-712b2622cde5Post:dfa8e042-b162-4af8-aa3f-5f24d0a9d8c5">Re: Mosque in NYC</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>OK  Right now the only huge thing that upsets me is the reporting that they want the ribbon cutting on the 10th years anniversary on 9/11.</strong>  That to me is poor taste, because Muslims have been tied so closely to 9/11 if only by the media and it will take away from the meaning of the anniversary. My understanding it is more of a community center then a  Mosque.  But the Muslims are finding it so insert the media spin.  Also I think Muslim is one of the largest religions in the world.  I would assume they would have a Mosque in Ny and most major cities as well I do not believe that all Muslims are terrorists but I understand that with the media and such with associate them as one.  It is not right.  In truth I think the Catholics and Protestant  religions should be feared the most on this logic.  Lets talk the Ireland religious wars.  ( I am irish catholic) I am curious, people who are not in the US how is this being reported?  We have a huge spin on our media here.  I rem when I was overseas vacationing ( news was the only English speaking station)  that the news was more direct.  How are we being seen?
    Posted by kbmeow[/QUOTE]

Wow. Exactly what part of your ass did you pull that information?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Could you be a bigger drama queen? You can't ever read anything as is.   Let's freak out about everything ok?  Cool. 
    My Bio Updated 4/6/10
  • Hillary, why would you post this thread with your own opinion at the top if you don't really care about it or have a real opinion? That seems like backsliding.
    my read shelf:
    40/112

Photobucket
  • J.T.J.T. member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_mosque-nyc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:76e4ffe4-5560-4d07-94a7-712b2622cde5Post:5d7808f8-777c-477f-97ef-fcd76a17ee83">Re: Mosque in NYC</a>:
    [QUOTE]Could you be a bigger drama queen? You can't ever read anything as is.   Let's freak out about everything ok?  Cool. 

Saying that the US has a bad rep already, so this isn't going to make a huge difference is crappy.  Can you imagine how much better we would have looked if Americans (especially New Yorkers) came out and said "Hey, we understand it wasn't all Muslims.  Go ahead and build!"  Other countries could have begun to change their opinion.

Of course, that wouldn't have been reported on... 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards