Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

FFF

Re: FFF

• Options
    I still think there's a mentality of E being a board full of meanies. To fit in, I think a lot of newbs think they have to be mean, so they just lash out at people who don't deserve it. When I first read Goober's post, I thought, "Well that was stupid. Can't she read?"
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fb0a289e-b49d-4d83-8b5d-eb94aa74a013Post:033dd544-bbeb-49b9-ace7-1a00d647a60e">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't think there is anything wrong with judging someone for changing into jeans at their wedding. To me, there is a huge difference between a bride changing from one dress to another, but changing from a suit to jeans seems really weird to me.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]
    Agreed. <div>
    </div><div>I wouldn't be judgy about it if she had changed into something more casual as well, but, she was still in a big gown with a veil and he was in jeans and a short sleeve button down - just awkward. </div>
  • Options
    Not defending my actions in the first thread, but wanted to note: I was not deleting my own posts. But I have no way of proving it. And, yes, rolling into a chat thread right after was probably awkward, but I wasn't trying to hide what happened. And I'm done talking about yesterday.
  • Options
    angelstar975angelstar975 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fb0a289e-b49d-4d83-8b5d-eb94aa74a013Post:9488db50-61e0-4d61-b254-b1ab1c448aff">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Unrelated to what is being discussed, but I just can't get behind Angelstar.  I think she is nice, but that's about it. The best words I can use to describe her are vapid, silly and thoughtless. Not thoughtless in a mean way, but she was on here complaining about not having enough money, and the next, posting about what shoes she should wear for an outfit and asking if we had suggestions for new shoes for her to buy. AFTER she posted a picture of her huge shoe collection.  
    Posted by Snippylynn[/QUOTE]

I bought that "huge" shoe collection over a period of 8 years, so it's not like I blew a bunch of $$ at once. And I asked about buying a pair of shoes because I decided my weekly budget could go towards shoes that week if I found something I loved. I know what I can afford and what I can't. One thing you (general you) can't say about me is that I'm bad with my money. I'm great with money. I rarely buy anything besides food.

ETA - And Brandi, the money out of savings for sushi was sarcasm. Actually doing that would have been ridiculous.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fb0a289e-b49d-4d83-8b5d-eb94aa74a013Post:7ab6ab04-4e62-47c0-94cb-381a3179d2b8">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : In line with this, I was surprised when <strong>she asked if she should take money out of savings to get sushi</strong>.  Granted, I don't know what her checking/savings account is like, but she does mention a lot that she is worried about her finances because of her work situation.
    Posted by brandichamberlain[/QUOTE]

<div>o.O</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fb0a289e-b49d-4d83-8b5d-eb94aa74a013Post:7ab6ab04-4e62-47c0-94cb-381a3179d2b8">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : In line with this, I was surprised when she asked if she should take money out of savings to get sushi.  Granted, I don't know what her checking/savings account is like, but she does mention a lot that she is worried about her finances because of her work situation.
    You know and this is ultimately what annoys me about her. She's worried about her money situation, she's worried about her job, but... she doesn't appear to be doing anything about it. Not finishing college (Hey, if you'e figured out that it's not for you, that's fine), not knowing if she's going to be a nanny forever, but not knowing what she wants to do, etc. It's like she's just stuck in limbo, waiting for someone to come and tell her what to do and she'll just plod along and do it. It's very strange.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:fb0a289e-b49d-4d83-8b5d-eb94aa74a013Post:5a1cb30b-d6fe-467d-b500-295652541e53">Re:FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Haha, OOT, the only reason that I am is because Cfas mentioned it in the morning thread. I'm not catholic but I'll play.
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

Oh okay I looked up this thread. I fucking flame that biiitch to hell that said "Well there is that slippery slope argument about marrying three people and marrying dogs or children" and then coming back and saying "Well I don't really think that I am just mentioning because the OP asked for a valid argument!" Then why fucking bring it up? Because that is not a valid argument. At fucking all.
  • Options
    LeiselEBLeiselEB member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Muni, I second that. It drives me nuts when people ignore the OP's actual problem to freak out about something they're guessing she did. 

I flame Brandi for talking about a skin cancer scare one day, then saying she got burned in a tanning bed the next. She got flamed already a little bit in the night thread last night for this, but still. If you're going to be stupid enough to get in a tanning bed after going through that, just don't tell people about it. 

ETA: I'm also pretty sensitive about this issue, so maybe I see it as being more flame worthy than others. It just rubbed me the wrong way. 
  • Options
    Angel, you can't act surprised that someone would be confused by your conflicting statements of "I have no money" and "I need to buy new shoes, even though everyone said these silver ones are perfectly fine."

I don't look at your bank statements. All I know is what you tell us.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fb0a289e-b49d-4d83-8b5d-eb94aa74a013Post:400e96b2-ab32-4eec-9eda-94275594e3d5">Re:FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:FFF : Oh okay I looked up this thread. I fucking flame that biiitch to hell that said "Well there is that slippery slope argument about marrying three people and marrying dogs or children" and then coming back and saying "Well I don't really think that I am just mentioning because the OP asked for a valid argument!" Then why fucking bring it up? Because that is not a valid argument. At fucking all.
    Posted by ahhhitsshannyn[/QUOTE]
    HA.  I hate the term "backpedaling" but damn does it apply here.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fb0a289e-b49d-4d83-8b5d-eb94aa74a013Post:fdd5c5ac-714b-4a43-b278-d8c1cf2571bf">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : You know and this is ultimately what annoys me about her. She's worried about her money situation, she's worried about her job, but... she doesn't appear to be doing anything about it. <strong>Not finishing college</strong> (Hey, if you'e figured out that it's not for you, that's fine), not knowing if she's going to be a nanny forever, but not knowing what she wants to do, etc. It's like she's just stuck in limbo, waiting for someone to come and tell her what to do and she'll just plod along and do it. It's very strange.
    Posted by Snippylynn[/QUOTE]

Huh? I'm going to start my last year of college in the fall. All I ever said was that I was taking the summer off. And as I've stated, I'm starting to look for a new job after the wedding I'm in this weekend. I can't wait any longer for the mom at the other job to find work.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:fb0a289e-b49d-4d83-8b5d-eb94aa74a013Post:0f5e7cd3-47b6-4614-8b60-ed2f3e03fda7">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Muni, I second that. It drives me nuts when people ignore the OP's actual problem to freak out about something they're guessing she did.<strong>  I flame Brandi for talking about a skin cancer scare one day, then saying she got burned in a tanning bed the next. She got flamed already a little bit in the night thread last night for this, but still. If you're going to be stupid enough to get in a tanning bed after going through that, just don't tell people about it.  ETA: I'm also pretty sensitive about this issue, so maybe I see it as being more flame worthy than others. It just rubbed me the wrong way. 
    </strong>Posted by LeiselEB[/QUOTE]

I 100% deserve this and there is not a single defense that could be given.
    imageVacation
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fb0a289e-b49d-4d83-8b5d-eb94aa74a013Post:349828af-9a91-4844-b39b-494a465c8514">Re:FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Not defending my actions in the first thread, but wanted to note: I was not deleting my own posts. </strong>But I have no way of proving it. And, yes, rolling into a chat thread right after was probably awkward, but I wasn't trying to hide what happened. And I'm done talking about yesterday.
    Posted by overcomefame[/QUOTE]

No one cares.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fb0a289e-b49d-4d83-8b5d-eb94aa74a013Post:0f5e7cd3-47b6-4614-8b60-ed2f3e03fda7">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Muni, I second that. It drives me nuts when people ignore the OP's actual problem to freak out about something they're guessing she did.  I flame Brandi for talking about a skin cancer scare one day, then saying she got burned in a tanning bed the next. She got flamed already a little bit in the night thread last night for this, but still. If you're going to be stupid enough to get in a tanning bed after going through that, just don't tell people about it.  ETA: I'm also pretty sensitive about this issue, so maybe I see it as being more flame worthy than others. It just rubbed me the wrong way. 
    Posted by LeiselEB[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I thought that was dumb too.  There's no way I'd risk skin cancer for my wedding day and I've never had a skin cancer scare too.  If you want to be tan, spray it on.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:fb0a289e-b49d-4d83-8b5d-eb94aa74a013Post:06176e04-b770-468e-9e66-085aac7bb505">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : I bought that "huge" shoe collection over a period of 8 years, so it's not like I blew a bunch of $$ at once. And I asked about buying a pair of shoes because I decided my weekly budget could go towards shoes that week if I found something I loved. I know what I can afford and what I can't. One thing you (general you) can't say about me is that I'm bad with my money. I'm great with money. I rarely buy anything besides food. ETA -<strong>And Brandi, the money out of savings for sushi was sarcasm. Actually doing that would have been ridiculous.
    </strong>Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]

FTR I was in that thread when you posted that and didn't get that was sarcastic. Maybe you should get some lessons from Chelsea.
  • Options
    aragx6aragx6 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:fb0a289e-b49d-4d83-8b5d-eb94aa74a013Post:182d8775-9790-47a7-afaa-8c621abf4bfc">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't have a flame precisely, more of a general irritation. It bugs me when in WR threads, people jump all over a poster for an etiquette slight they infer- when NOTHING the OP says implies said slight was made. An example is Goober's post in this thread: CLICKY . NOTHING OP SAID indicated that she didn't invite her uncle's wife.  Why the fluck do people feel the need to jump up the asses of posters over nothing?  Are they just cranky and looking for an easy target?  Do they think being biiiiitchy to random newbs for no reason will make them more popular?  Are they bored?  Do they have some aggression that they need to take out on someone?
    Posted by MyUserName1[/QUOTE]

I honestly just think she doesn't know how to read. There's a line in there that explicitly states uncle wants to bring along MIL with him and his wife. It's not the most beautifully formed sentence I ever read, but if goobers had paid any attention she would have caught that.
    Lizzie
  • Options
    I feel like I'm the only one who didn't think Angel was serious about the savings for sushi thing. But I guess I see where others thought that was for real. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fb0a289e-b49d-4d83-8b5d-eb94aa74a013Post:a56cb2fc-46ba-453a-aa13-2d615420300b">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : I honestly just think she doesn't know how to read. There's a line in there that explicityly states uncle wants to bring along MIL with him and his wife. It's not the most beautifully formed sentence I ever read, but if goobers had paid any attention she would have caught that.
    Posted by aragx6[/QUOTE]

It isn't just her though, that was just my most recent example.  It just chaps my assss when people make up etiquette violations just so they can biiitch people out.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fb0a289e-b49d-4d83-8b5d-eb94aa74a013Post:3b1788f5-2b2a-4222-8a12-17e89f0af13e">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : Huh? I'm going to start my last year of college in the fall. All I ever said was that I was taking the summer off. And as I've stated, I'm starting to look for a new job after the wedding I'm in this weekend. I can't wait any longer for the mom at the other job to find work.
    Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]
    I distinctly recall you saying something about not finishing college, or not being sure about going back. <div>
    </div>
  • Options
    aragx6aragx6 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:fb0a289e-b49d-4d83-8b5d-eb94aa74a013Post:de09c7a3-c51c-474b-9ead-3bfe1ebced80">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : It isn't just her though, that was just my most recent example.  It just chaps my assss when people make up etiquette violations just so they can biiitch people out.
    Posted by MyUserName1[/QUOTE]

Fair enough.
    Lizzie
  • Options
    Muni, like when someone asks a question about who should be invited to the shower, and the next ten responses are OMG YOU CAN'T THROW YOUR OWN SHOWER!!!!!

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fb0a289e-b49d-4d83-8b5d-eb94aa74a013Post:d1e66b0b-1bc4-46a9-96f9-4c6541d0108f">Re:FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Muni, like when someone asks a question about who should be invited to the shower, and the next ten responses are OMG YOU CAN'T THROW YOUR OWN SHOWER!!!!!
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

EXACTLY!!!

And the poor OP is completely steamrolled and two pages later they come back and are all "But, I'm not...my MOH just asked me for a guest list.  I don't even know when or where the shower is, it's mostly a surprise"

And then the OP gets accused of backpedaling or not giving the complete story.

I'm ALL FOR flaming people when they're actually doing something shitty...but not for getting ragey over perceived violations that don't exist.
  • Options
    Maybe it didn't come off as sarcastic, but I promise, I wasn't going to take money out of savings for sushi. And when I say I have no money, I just mean I have no income. When I was working, I was hoarding my money in savings, so I'm not broke, I just don't want to deplete my savings.

And I'm definitely going back to college. I probably said I want to drop out, because I do. I hate school. Hate it. But I have 100 credits, it would be stupid, and a huge waste of the money already spent, not to finish. I was never seriously considering not finishing.

• Options
    I've been trying to figure out why I've got nothing, even though I rolled my eyes more this week than I ever have. Then I realized I was just an asshole all week so I haven't been saving anything up.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    I fully agree with MUN1. When I first starting posting here, I thought that was how everyone posted. After a few months, I was so confused with all the reading fails and throat jumping. It bothered me, but again, I figured that's how some people get their meanies out. I side eye it a bit, but I bet I was guilty of doing it, either on the board posting or in my head.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    starrynight84starrynight84 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fb0a289e-b49d-4d83-8b5d-eb94aa74a013Post:06176e04-b770-468e-9e66-085aac7bb505">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : I bought that "huge" shoe collection over a period of 8 years, so it's not like I blew a bunch of $$ at once. And I asked about buying a pair of shoes because I decided my weekly budget could go towards shoes that week if I found something I loved. I know what I can afford and what I can't. One thing you (general you) can't say about me is that I'm bad with my money. I'm great with money. I rarely buy anything besides food. <strong>ETA - And Brandi, the money out of savings for sushi was sarcasm. Actually doing that would have been ridiculous.
    </strong>Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]

<div>I definitely read this as sarcasm as well and flame you Brandi for acting like she was serious.</div><div>ETA: Expanding flame to include anyone else who thought she was serious.I get side-eyeing the shoe thing but the sushi was obviously a joke.   </div>
  • Options
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : In line with this, I was surprised when she asked if she should take money out of savings to get sushi.
    But sushi really is that good.

This isn't a flame, but I'm dying to know what Aleigh said last night.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fb0a289e-b49d-4d83-8b5d-eb94aa74a013Post:25e79381-c295-4108-85e9-80fcf1aa5a4f">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : But sushi really is that good. <strong>This isn't a flame, but I'm dying to know what Aleigh said last night.</strong>
    Posted by daffodil_jill[/QUOTE]

<div>Same here.</div>
  • Options
    I have a flame. For the poster at the end of my WWED? Post about getting a kitten vs grieving thread. I wish I could link, but I am on mobile. Anyway, she came late to the party with "you should get an adult rescue cat not a kitten" speech. Listen, I know about rescues, we have an adult cat rescued off the street, and our recently passed cat was also a rescue kitten. I wanted another kitten, we like the age gap between our cats. Get over yourself. Maybe I am feeling super biitchy about it because it's been an emotional week, but that ish rubbed me the wrong way.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Oh Daff being here reminded me of one. I flame achiduck for saying "Back off OP, the kid is obviously having a good time!" about Maris sig picture. 1. The back off part is making me giggle. And 2. You seriously cannot tell the child is having a good time in that picture. She looks like she is backing away to me, but hey, it's the back of a kids head so you really cannot tell anything from it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards