Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

When I first started posting, I...

* I thought this place was full of crazy bitches. I actually had Scott read some of this stuff and we were all shocked and entertained all at the same time. That's when my affinity for this place began.

* I was so confused about relationships people had and how this all came to be. It was a confusing time.

* I was afraid to have a sig because I didn't really WANT to be remembered until I chimed in a few times didn't get flamed. It was a wicked place back then.

Go on...
Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution

Re: When I first started posting, I...

• Options
    I was afraid of most of the people on the board.

I felt like a total outsider. 

I was extremely afraid of being flamed. (Funny because now I couldn't care less.)' 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    - Didn't see the appeal of coming to a WEDDING website to talk about non-wedding things.

- Thought Fish was mean :)

- Didn't understand why you would want to be FB friends/IRL friends with random other brides.
  • Options

Was my thread not good enough for you Fish? I see how it is.

• Options
    Emily, that's funny. I was the same way. I was like...super paranoid about knot life vs. real life. I remember a lot of other people that were too. They didn't want to have a sig pic or have anyone know they were talking to an internet weirdo. Now, it's funny to see how close people have all gotten.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    WHAT THREAD, Any? Did I miss it?

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    - Got flamed into oblivion on my first post. I think it went on for 6 pages in the old format. haha

- Was liked by people who don't like me now, interestingly enough.

- was immediately disliked by MrsE and that crazy mofo followed me around for a looong time.
  • Options
    Emily you thought Fische was mean?!  That is so funny.

When I first started posting, I...

was really into the wedding related posts and didn't form any relationships really

was completely addicted to the boards, day and night

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    -didn't understand why anyone would want to meet someone on the boards (or be brave enough to)
    -was basically scared everytime I was paged
    -didn't get the vibe here and all the non-wedding talk.. it can be very intimidating at first
  • Options
    * I would stalk bios and thought they were the coolest. Now, I don't ever look at them. Ever.

* I was probably pretty douchey. As much as I wish we could access old posts, I think I'm probably ok that we can't. :)

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    And andress!! LOOK AT US NOW!! All meeting next week and stuff! :)

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Ha, Emily - I thought Fishy was mean, too. 

*  I jumped in too quickly with a bunch of questions
    *  I got a flame AND a kudos.  P2 kind of jumped on me for being on my 3rd marriage and Dani? maybe? said I'd handled myself well - she even threw in something like "way to go, newb!" which made me feel happy.
    * I was scandalized by the FFF and wondered why people were being so mean to Kiki
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_first-started-posting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:2a23d5d1-66e2-40bb-84b1-3c27014fc398Post:7233999e-4b29-4800-a998-3faaf6517296">Re: When I first started posting, I...</a>:
    [QUOTE]WHAT THREAD, Any? Did I miss it?
    Posted by crfische[/QUOTE]

Pish, it's okay. I just want to lure you over to SB more often. Since I did this over there yesterday I'll do when I first started posting here.

*Thought Fish was hilarious. Still true.
    *Was insanely jealous of Alix's hair. Also still true.
    *Saw people posting about WoW, and had to join in.
    *Stalked Celles with a vengeance.
  • Options
    Yes, Dani. Which is so funny now. I feel like I must have just not gotten the tone of her posts at all and maybe read a cranky post or two from her because I was not a fan. Pretty sure it's all good now though :)

I'd met people through my blog, so the idea of internet friendships wasn't weird to me, I just saw TK as wedding-only, not a place to chat about all the crap I chat about now that leads to actually getting to know people.
  • Options
    Yeah, I don't go to SB much. As much as I love a lot of the people over there, it doesn't make up for how annoyed I get.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Emily, you were all hurt because you thought I really hated Stina. ;) I love her, actually.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    I remember the first FFF I read was about bbycakes (or whatever the deuce her name is) and P2 and just thought it was the most entertaining stuff ever.

My first thread was asking for advice on how to handle my friend not being excited about my engagement. Man I was a tool.

I also totally deleted those posts after a while, what a noob.
  • Options
    ...didn't realize that I should have introduced myself first
  • Options
    ANND I AM STILL NEW BEECHES!
  • Options
    * I was waiting for the right moment to come out of the lurker closet due to being intimidated by you all, and it happened on Chinese Weddings day over on the board on TN that E took over because I was having a really bad day and you guys were making me laugh.  And then everyone was confused as to whether or not I was actually a newb because of being over on TN.

* I was not used to talking to women on the web at all.  The other forum I'm a reg on is mostly men.  It's a very different vibe that's taken a bit to get used to.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Waiting to meet the baby broccoli on 5/5/2013!
  • Options
    -was scared of getting flamed. Then I got flamed and it really wasn't that big a deal.

-was pretty addicted to the boards. I just couldn't get over the whole dynamic of how everyone interacted with one another. It was so fascinating to me.

Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Options
    * I blindly started posting without lurking first - but somehow managed to get lucky and didn't get my ass flamed off, despite the fact that my first question was about camo. I think it was on the Attire board.

* I clearly remember the first FFF I was present for, and it was at that point that I realized I should be afraid. Very afraid.
  • Options
    Immediately liked Moosey. I still like Moosey. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_first-started-posting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:2a23d5d1-66e2-40bb-84b1-3c27014fc398Post:d68f2079-2dc7-46f4-8721-a3c289fb66b9">Re: When I first started posting, I...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, I don't go to SB much. As much as I love a lot of the people over there, it doesn't make up for how annoyed I get.

Which is why I post over here now too. Cause you and Mandapanda are awesome.
  • Options
    Schalg, that's an odd flow chart to follow. At one point it was REALLY BAD to introduce yourself.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_first-started-posting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2a23d5d1-66e2-40bb-84b1-3c27014fc398Post:d682f22c-dda9-41e3-afa3-0f340ebcd092">Re: When I first started posting, I...</a>:
    [QUOTE]And andress!! LOOK AT US NOW!! All meeting next week and stuff! :)

haha, I know!!  Look at me all grown up!  I need to find out some details.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_first-started-posting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:2a23d5d1-66e2-40bb-84b1-3c27014fc398Post:72d74872-2873-49e1-aa94-48f086dff1b5">Re: When I first started posting, I...</a>:
    [QUOTE]* I was waiting for the right moment to come out of the lurker closet due to being intimidated by you all, and it happened on Chinese Weddings day over on the board on TN that E took over because I was having a really bad day and you guys were making me laugh.  And then everyone was confused as to whether or not I was actually a newb because of being over on TN. <strong>* I was not used to talking to women on the web at all.  The other forum I'm a reg on is mostly men.  It's a very different vibe that's taken a bit to get used to.</strong>
    Posted by doctabroccoli[/QUOTE]

Same. WoW forums aren't exactly diverse in the gender category.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_first-started-posting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2a23d5d1-66e2-40bb-84b1-3c27014fc398Post:3520f273-ff55-4243-a9d6-b2d71ca2b206">Re: When I first started posting, I...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I remember the first FFF I read was about bbycakes (or whatever the deuce her name is) and P2 and just thought it was the most entertaining stuff ever. My first thread was asking for advice on how to handle my friend not being excited about my engagement. Man I was a tool. <strong>I also totally deleted those posts after a while, what a noob.</strong>
    Posted by Rosie109[/QUOTE]
    You did?!

Oh man, remember the days of being able to post deleted stuff?  Ahh... That was awesome. 
  • Options
    SCORE SUNRISE! :)

I remember when Moose and Mandy didn't like me.

I was so confused about Jens_a_ten always talking about picking East up at the airport.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_first-started-posting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2a23d5d1-66e2-40bb-84b1-3c27014fc398Post:1143b74f-488e-4c74-a767-45828564933a">Re: When I first started posting, I...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Schalg, that's an odd flow chart to follow. At one point it was REALLY BAD to introduce yourself.

I was going to say that!  There was a time when introductions were flamed straight to hell.  Now they're okay I think.  The vibe here is more welcoming now I think.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'll FB you my number. I just need to know a time and we'll pick a place that serves adult beverages!

The Margarita Evolution
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards