Wedding Etiquette Forum

FFF

Re: FFF

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_feel-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:6034d63d-6948-4c7e-ad79-20c8c98bdd72Post:506df3b6-6ab6-47af-9fb9-e120b8db2beb">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Where is the thread where P2 was bitchy to OhWhyNot? I missed that response.
    Posted by msmerymac[/QUOTE]

<a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_last-wedding">http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_last-wedding</a>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I think the people that fall all over daff are the ones who were here when she was more funny, and less bitter. I'm still completely confused how someone who apparently loves phish can be so jaded.

Kiki, I get what you're saying. But, this is a "don't dish it out if you can't take it" situation.
  • dear anyone: please post a link to the tr/haiti/apology post/posts. sincerely: bgb

• See the thing Kiki is that for all these weeks I have seen you mentioned, I never once joined. I had no reason to. Yeah you were a little bit of an airhead, but I can be too and I still liked you. I had to say my piece this week because it has really come to a head now. I am sorry, but you brought this upon yourself.
  • I remember a time on this board before EVERYTHING had to somehow work back around to Kiki and her feelings, and I much prefered it.  

"Whatever East. You're just mad I RSVP'd "lame" to your pre-wedding sleepover."
  • People mentioned not liking TR before the Haiti thing. I think she was just heated about it, and then apologized. Most of us have done that before. Even if the post was a little..odd... she has actually put in time there trying to help, and her post doesn't diminish that for me.
    I do not like the unneccesary snark. I've noticed it a few times lately with Kiki, Smokeybailey. Night, and JessandTrav. It only bothers me when it seems to start from a completely innocuous comment or topic.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_feel-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6034d63d-6948-4c7e-ad79-20c8c98bdd72Post:a32e314b-eda4-4edb-9471-44ff1250c424">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know, fische, I said I was being a hypocrite.  But I'm just thinking of it differently today.  I don't know if I find it entertaining anymore.  Maybe cause it's always about me, so it's harder to be entertained.  I'm getting beat down by being mentioned constantly every. single. week.
    Posted by kikibaby[/QUOTE]
    Solution: stop flying off the handle, doing things that are going to get you flamed like this, or stop opening FFF if you know youre going to get flamed. There is no way you couldnt know you would be flamed for the things youve done recently.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_feel-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:6034d63d-6948-4c7e-ad79-20c8c98bdd72Post:2baf38c2-1410-4f9c-aefa-44085dca5e50">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE] Nobody on here cares if the things they say actually hurt the REAL person sitting on the other side of the computer. Posted by kikibaby[/QUOTE]

I care. I like to be as helpful as possible. If this is just a make-believe world where feelings aren't real, then that means the support your receive isn't either. That just makes me sad. If our internet selves are just AEs of our real personalities, then perhaps I don't belong here, because I am real every day. Everything I have said in a thread I would say to someone in person. I'm sorry you don't hold yourself to the same standard.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I am going to flame myself because this is happening right this second.  I am listening to 1989 on AOL radio and they play a lot of New Kids on the Block.

And I like it.
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_feel-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6034d63d-6948-4c7e-ad79-20c8c98bdd72Post:5e746f73-c610-4076-a2c3-ad592b6570d5">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I remember a time on this board before EVERYTHING had to somehow work back around to Kiki and her feelings, and I much prefered it.  
    Posted by eastunder1[/QUOTE]

Agreed! Thank you.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_feel-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6034d63d-6948-4c7e-ad79-20c8c98bdd72Post:90069b48-7668-412a-89c5-1f420d64e82f">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE] I do not like the unneccesary snark.... It only bothers me when it seems to start from a completely innocuous comment or topic.
    Posted by jasmineh7777[/QUOTE]

Word. The whole "I'm being mean because this is P&E and we're mean and if you don't like it you should leave because come on everyone knows that P&E is mean for the sake of being mean!" thing is so over the top lame.

It is only funny if it is 1. appropriate and 2. clever. Mean for the sake of mean is not funny. And, allow me to totally get after school special on you here, it's not the kind of people you/we want to be. Mean for the sake of being GD hilarious is the kind of person you/we want to be.

Also, I feel like I'm watching a lifetime movie about kiki going off the rails.
    On bed rest since Groundhog's Day and every day since has been exactly the same.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • Obviously FFF is highly entertaining fabulous and fun... if you are not the one being flamed.

Confession - It hurt my feelings when I got flamed, called a moron/idiot/etc. and that all of my posts are inane.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_feel-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6034d63d-6948-4c7e-ad79-20c8c98bdd72Post:44030a6e-db01-4d1d-bc73-e69acf2c5356">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : Solution: stop flying off the handle, doing things that are going to get you flamed like this, or stop opening FFF if you know youre going to get flamed. There is no way you couldnt know you would be flamed for the things youve done recently.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

And also, stop trying to validate your posts and decisions in FFF when someone calls you on something you've said or done. It makes me rolly my eyes every time you do it and always inevitably comes across as whiney.
  • Uh, also, I'm kind of disgusted with myself for the fact that I just said "word." Who the hell do I think I am?
    On bed rest since Groundhog's Day and every day since has been exactly the same.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • This whole afraid to hurt feelings bullshit is killing me right now.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Fine, peace out.  Keep hurting each other and hurting other people.  Don't worry, I'm just an internet robot, not a real human being you've made cry.  This is stupid for me to do over a message board full of people I don't know.  What's terrible is that when someone does get hurt and stops coming here because of it, it's even more fodder for people to laugh at.  It's kind of sad.
  • I know, I know!  The knot isn't that slow anymore, so I have been stopping by a little more often. 

Yeah that thread didn't get out of hand, I just finished reading it.  All valid points brought from all sides.  I wish the OP would have come back though.  I think it was TLV who said not all sisters are best friends.  That's a good point.  My sister and I however, are, so I still stand by what I say.  I'd take a bullet for that girl and she'd do the same for me :)

Anyway, enough about that. 

Roxy: pick a photo and stick with it for more than 2 days. 

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_feel-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6034d63d-6948-4c7e-ad79-20c8c98bdd72Post:90069b48-7668-412a-89c5-1f420d64e82f">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]People mentioned not liking TR before the Haiti thing. I think she was just heated about it, and then apologized. Most of us have done that before. Even if the post was a little..odd... she has actually put in time there trying to help, and her post doesn't diminish that for me.
    Posted by jasmineh7777[/QUOTE]

I agree with this. A lot of us had to learn the hard way that if you have something dumb and ranty and offensive to say, you tell your FI or you best friend, but you don't post it here. I know I once came on a long time ago after a fight with FI and I was in the wrong, but I posted emotionally and everyone really ripped me a new one. Then I learned not to do that.

For the record, TR is always sweet to me and responds kindly and constructively when I post questions. I appreciate that.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • "In Response to Re: FFF:
    In Response to Re: FFF : Solution: stop flying off the handle, doing things that are going to get you flamed like this, or stop opening FFF if you know youre going to get flamed. There is no way you couldnt know you would be flamed for the things youve done recently.
    Posted by Nebb

And also, stop trying to validate your posts and decisions in FFF when someone calls you on something you've said or done. It makes me rolly my eyes every time you do it and always inevitably comes across as whiney."

Agreed.
  • I am bugged when people have a headshot of themselves in their siggy.  Immediately Alix and P2 come to mind, but there are others.  Needless to say they are both stunning girls, and maybe it's just me, but I perceive it as a "look how gorgeous I am" kind of thing.
    Abigail Rose, EDD 6/8/13 BabyFetus Ticker

Nose Job Blog
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_feel-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6034d63d-6948-4c7e-ad79-20c8c98bdd72Post:bfcc084a-ac54-4fb8-b76d-20f13ca7296b">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mean for the sake of being GD hilarious is the kind of person you/we want to be.[/QUOTE]

This should be our new slogan.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • Kiki, seriously, as soon as you saw that you were being talked about, close the thread!  Why keep reading and cry?  You did that to yourself.  No one forced you to continue reading to page 4. 

I think all of us know there are real people on here with real feelings, but this board is what it is.  The FFF thread shouldn't be a shock to anyone.  If you don't like it, don't participate!  How hard is that to understand?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I will be SO happy when polichick(2010's hrparker) finally gets married, and we don't have all the posted angst over BM dresses, f/u's to BM dress dilemmas, veils, which wedding dress, etc.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_feel-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6034d63d-6948-4c7e-ad79-20c8c98bdd72Post:8920d254-6fc7-44ca-83bc-16ecbba32bea">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : I agree with this. A<strong> lot of us had to learn the hard way that if you have something dumb and ranty and offensive to say, you tell your FI or you best friend, but you don't post it here. </strong>I know I once came on a long time ago after a fight with FI and I was in the wrong, but I posted emotionally and everyone really ripped me a new one. Then I learned not to do that. For the record, TR is always sweet to me and responds kindly and constructively when I post questions. I appreciate that.
    Posted by sarah0725[/QUOTE]

Freakin' lesson learned. That my new plan, times eleventy.

PS: Sarah, you're always reasonable and I like that.
  • Was that a GBCK with a "I'm totally above all of this" and "you guys are pathetic even though I tried really hard to be one of you" thrown in for good measure?
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_feel-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6034d63d-6948-4c7e-ad79-20c8c98bdd72Post:33347829-3ccb-4dd2-b1c7-93140afe0ca3">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am bugged when people have a headshot of themselves in their siggy.  Immediately Alix and P2 come to mind, but there are others.  Needless to say they are both stunning girls, and maybe it's just me, but I perceive it as a "look how gorgeous I am" kind of thing.
    Posted by KentuckyKate[/QUOTE]
    Headshots are OK as long as theyre not super close up or gigantic, like Larissas pics at halloween or J&T's cake picture.
  • Fische- I think it depends on the type of mean.  "So-and-so is a worthless idiot" conveys a different tone then, "So-and-so needs to think before she posts."
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_feel-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:6034d63d-6948-4c7e-ad79-20c8c98bdd72Post:7a91fd6c-51e1-4eb7-87b9-2aabff7e00fc">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't get why people fawn all over daffodil_jill.  She brings nothing to the board but night time home decorating posts and negativity, and in my opinion is just overly harsh.  So harsh that I almost didn't post this because I'm afraid of her backlash.  So harsh that I don't really know to deal with her, and she's the only person ever in the 2 years that I've posted here that has made me feel that way.  I don't get why everyone seems to just adore her.  There, I said it.
    Posted by danieliza1127[/QUOTE]

Thank you! I'm glad someone said it. I completely agree. I never cared for her, she is negative towards almost everybody, but at least she was entertaining. Jill, you have a house, we get it. Decorate it how you like, thats one of the points of buying a house, so you can personalize it. I havent been able to keep up, so this my not even be on topic anymore, but I'm glad someone said it. And no, I wouldnt have said anything if dani hadnt said it, so call it 'bandwagoning' of whatever. I truly dont care.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards