Snarky Brides
Options

Flame Some Shiiit Tuesday

Re: Flame Some Shiiit Tuesday

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_flame-some-shiiit-tuesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a27968be-62b2-4ac3-914d-054ec8ef8b08Post:e99b1d57-579c-45c9-8eb9-7f80cd5e168c">Re: Flame Some Shiiit Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Chelsea is only apologizing for being caught, not for her opinions.  She's sorry she didn't hold her tongue, not sorry that her view on life is foffing ridiculous.  That's why she doesn't change b/c nothing any of you say will inform her, she's stuck on her views.  Good for her for being so dedicated, I just hope one day she doesn't wake up realizing how much of life she has missed out on <u><strong>b/c of her thought process. </strong></u>
    Posted by Stackeye210[/QUOTE]

What thought process?
    imageimage
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_flame-some-shiiit-tuesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a27968be-62b2-4ac3-914d-054ec8ef8b08Post:1f8593b1-4094-4951-9524-2c3220327a07">Re: Flame Some Shiiit Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Flame Some Shiiit Tuesday : I won't, I promise.  Honestly I don't know that I would be okay saying something about their situation to them without any sort of special training anyway.  The last thing I'd want is to say the wrong thing and make any of them feel worse.
    Posted by chelseamb11[/QUOTE]

I think most people want you to grow up and see the world around you Chels. Work a 3rd shift in a shelter house when you have to drive in secret to the hospital to pick up the mother of 3 who had to leave with nothing just to get out with her life. And then get her back to the secret shelter without him following.

Where they have to follow rules not just to keep them safe but the other women in the house. And god forbid he find the house. Divorce is the only option at this point, and some women have to go underground for awhile. Its not fairy tales and lollypops.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_flame-some-shiiit-tuesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a27968be-62b2-4ac3-914d-054ec8ef8b08Post:574954ae-3ff8-42ce-9c82-b98f0eb7f14c">Re: Flame Some Shiiit Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well, obviously I was expecting all the flames of me, and I'm not going to try and defend myself because I'm sure no one wants to get into all that crap again. The only flame I do not accept is that somehow this means I've never experienced anything really difficult in my life. WTF?  No, I've never had an abortion.  There.  I've never been pregnant.  So I guess that means I've had a rosy, perfect existence.  You guys know practically nothing about me.  You don't know my past.  You can't assume that just because I'm pro-life that I've never gone through real sh*it.  If you want to flame me for my opinion because you think I'm wrong, then go right ahead.  I just think it's crappy to act like all you pro-choicers have experienced the rough side of life and I haven't. I find it unfortunate that most of you are now unwilling to talk to me about anything else because you find my abortion views so insane.  I find the pro-choice position to be really effed up, but that doesn't mean I think pro-choicers are bad people or unintelligent.  It's just a viewpoint that I (obviously) strongly hold and had the balls to share to a group of hostile strangers.  And I did so without attacking anyone personally.  And it doesn't affect my desire to continue talking to you ladies. *shrug*
    Posted by monkeysip[/QUOTE]

Dude, you called me a murderer.  I'd consider that a personal attack. Don't pretend to know what the fuuck the real world is about. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_flame-some-shiiit-tuesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a27968be-62b2-4ac3-914d-054ec8ef8b08Post:a39f803d-3971-4528-b745-4136c41fd47a">Re: Flame Some Shiiit Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Chelsea, I seriously don't know how you've managed to function so long in this world being so fvcking clueless to all of the reality that go down outside of your little bubble, but the fact of the matter is life isn't all black and white and supposed to go according to the way you , personally, feel the Catholic church says it does. Not everybody believes what you believe. Fvck, woman, I don't even think you fully believe what you believe. You just go off spouting whatever bullsh!t you hear that you think sounds good, and I get the feeling that most of it comes from a guy that you're still hung up on years later that didn't feel the same way back and didn't let you stay for breakfast after you gave him a bad blowjob. You are seriously the only person in the history of TK that manages to sticks both feet in your mouth every other day in front of the "cool kids" and for some reason all you had to do is say "Sorry, you guyzzzzzzz, I totes didn't think before I spoke. For the eleventy billionth time" before plowing on to your next stupid statement like nothing happened and people still like you anyway. FFS, quit laughing it off, apologizing and deflecting, like you're some kind of special-snowflake ditz. Just fvcking start THINKING before you open your mouth and start saying such stupid sh!t.
    Posted by RamonaFlowers[/QUOTE]

*slow clap*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_flame-some-shiiit-tuesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a27968be-62b2-4ac3-914d-054ec8ef8b08Post:e99b1d57-579c-45c9-8eb9-7f80cd5e168c">Re: Flame Some Shiiit Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Chelsea is only apologizing for being caught, not for her opinions.  She's sorry she didn't hold her tongue, not sorry that her view on life is foffing ridiculous.  That's why she doesn't change b/c nothing any of you say will inform her, she's stuck on her views.  Good for her for being so dedicated, I just hope one day she doesn't wake up realizing how much of life she has missed out on b/c of her thought process. 
    Posted by Stackeye210[/QUOTE]
    And this is 100% accurate.  Chelsea has some really unorthodox, conservative views that few of us agree with.  It's not a matter of thinking before she speaks; what she says is really what she believes, and it won't change, no matter how many times we argue in circles about it.  There's no point.

"Smash's balls are the biggest balls of them all." -AATB

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_flame-some-shiiit-tuesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a27968be-62b2-4ac3-914d-054ec8ef8b08Post:c634c01c-6677-40b5-a9f9-a42a04cda752">Re: Flame Some Shiiit Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Flame Some Shiiit Tuesday : And why did it get turned into a sticky? I want to be a mod just so I can sticky whatever convos I create.
    Posted by VeggieLove1022[/QUOTE]

I wondered this too.

That whole thread was weird.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_flame-some-shiiit-tuesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a27968be-62b2-4ac3-914d-054ec8ef8b08Post:574954ae-3ff8-42ce-9c82-b98f0eb7f14c">Re: Flame Some Shiiit Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE] I find the pro-choice position to be really effed up, but that doesn't mean I think pro-choicers are bad people or unintelligent.  It's just a viewpoint that I (obviously) strongly hold and had the balls to share to a group of hostile strangers.  And I did so without attacking anyone personally.  And it doesn't affect my desire to continue talking to you ladies. *shrug*
    I just don't understand how you, as a woman, can want to regulate what other women do with their bodies, or the things they create with their body. It's none of your business. People like you make me so sad for the future of our world.
  • Options
    AATB and Kdj thanks. I know you weren't trying to hurt my feelings. I guess I really wasn't thinking about how odd it must have looked. Lesson learned. Thanks. Sometimes you need a dose of reality. I have a feeling that's exactly the case here. And sorry it took me so long to respond, stupid tk mobile took forever signing me in. I'm going to the movies with my little sis so I'm heading off now, but I'll read back later.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Monkey- You called people on this board murders and that's not a personal attack? Come on. 

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @ Blue

I think I addressed this enough.  I don't force my beliefs on people--I don't care what you do if it's not affecting anyone else.  But abortion does.  That's why I care.  I care about protecting the life of 4,000 killed every day.

But I can still sympathize with women who have abortion without condoning their choice.  I also support a society that makes it easier for women to choose to keep their baby.  I'm not a conservative pro-lifer.  Just the other day, YOU specifically said that you could understand why someone would make a choice without agreeing with it (re: the guy who killed his daughter's attacker). 

You guys don't give a sh*t about my experiences, but you asked, so I'll give you a taste.  My mother has been trying to kill herself since I was 5 (dad left before that).  She failed multiple times, and more recently, because she is disabled, can't ever sleep, alcoholic, and losing her mind, has wanted me to help her kill herself.  Every freaking day I take care of her and have to watch her suffer in a hopeless situation.  Been to every doctor in the world, spent many nights with her in hospitals that CAN'T help her, and have had to completely change all of my school and career plans so I can stay home and take care of her.  It's be really effing easy to be pro-assisted suicide in my situation.  My mother's situation is a real good candidate.  But I'm not.  Because I DON'T believe in killing people, even if death seems to be their only release. Instead, I have to find new BS ways of comforting her and giving her hope even though I know she's probably going to spend another 15 or 20 years in misery until she finally dies of liver cancer, falls and breaks her head, or her mind can't take it anymore and she loses it.  My mother's misery is my misery, but real love is not helping her die but to help her figure out how to live.  And I stand by her every day sacrificing everything to help her.

But like I said, you don't give a sh*it about my life or my problems.

SaveSave
  • Options
    Girlie1030Girlie1030 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_flame-some-shiiit-tuesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a27968be-62b2-4ac3-914d-054ec8ef8b08Post:8d545cd3-1d2b-43b8-9a7d-f5b9a92bb280">Re: Flame Some Shiiit Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Flame Some Shiiit Tuesday : I wondered this too. That whole thread was weird.
    Posted by Steph+J[/QUOTE]

What was weird about it? 
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited June 2012
    Once monkey said she would outlaw abortions and take away our rights, my willingness to care about her or her issues became nil. Nice sob story.
  • Options
    RamonaFlowersRamonaFlowers member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited June 2012
    Monkey, I'm sorry that you've been through some sh!t ... but that doesn't change the fact that you're a total toolbox. So, while I feel bad for your situation with your mom, I don't condone your choice to exercise douchebaggery.

*I felt sorry for my husband before I met him. Take a number.*

• Options
    Well this may be flammable, but you sound like a shitty daughter. You are prolonging your mother's seemingly miserable existance for YOU, not her. You are selfish in the highest right. Disgusting.
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    In Response to Re:Flame Some Shiiit Tuesday:[QUOTE]Well this may be flammable, but you sound like a shitty daughter. You are prolonging your mother's seemingly miserable existance for YOU, not her. You are selfish in the highest right. Disgusting. Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]
    This too.
  • Options
    Someone very close to me had two abortions and while I believe it was terrible and wish she didn't have to, I am thankful for them.  Her boyfriend beat her and raped her on a daily basis and it was a couple years before she had the courage to finally leave.  Had she not ended those pregnancies he might have ended them for her or gone on to beat the crap out of her kids after they were born.  I think if she'd had the babies she might not have left and instead of him being in prison for murdering the girlfriend he had after her, it could have been HER winding up getting killed instead. 

So anyway.  There's that
    panther
  • Options
    Well Monkey, I hope you never come down with a debilitating, fatal, unimaginably painful disease where death would be a blessing, just to have people stand over you and tell you that you do not have a right to die.

And it sounds like your mother has a terrible life, not you.  Its happening to HER.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    See, I can't win.

I wasn't going to come in here and give you guys that.  Blue asked.

And I was only saying that even though you guys think I'm wrong, it's not right to say it's because I've never "been through anything". 

Like I said before, I get that you guys think my abortion views are crazy, and I'm not trying to change your mind.  Flame all you want.  But don't make it personal.

@ Koda-- I'm not holier than thou.  I already stated repeatedly that I don't make the right decisions, I'm not perfect.  I could give you a laundry list. But morality isn't based on me.  It's based on fundamental truths. 

@Maratea--Selfish?  Honestly, my life would probably be a hell of a lot easier if my mother was gone.  The selfish choice would be to help her kill herself.  I've sacrificed everything to help her, so don't tell me I'm selfish.  But I. Don't. Believe. In. Killing. People.  I don't have a right to decide who dies.

SaveSave
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_flame-some-shiiit-tuesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a27968be-62b2-4ac3-914d-054ec8ef8b08Post:6b596eb7-b48f-4803-99e0-be975ccd8dbc">Re: Flame Some Shiiit Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]See, I can't win. I wasn't going to come in here and give you guys that.  Blue asked. And I was only saying that even though you guys think I'm wrong, it's not right to say it's because I've never "been through anything".  Like I said before, I get that you guys think my abortion views are crazy, and I'm not trying to change your mind.  Flame all you want.  But don't make it personal. @ Koda-- I'm not holier than thou.  I already stated repeatedly that I don't make the right decisions, I'm not perfect.  I could give you a laundry list. <strong>But morality isn't based on me.  It's based on fundamental truth</strong>s.  @Maratea--Selfish?  Honestly, my life would probably be a hell of a lot easier if my mother was gone.  The selfish choice would be to help her kill herself.  I've sacrificed everything to help her, so don't tell me I'm selfish.  But I. Don't. Believe. In. Killing. People.  I don't have a right to decide who dies.
    Posted by monkeysip[/QUOTE]<div>You sure do seem to think it is based on you.

</div>
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_flame-some-shiiit-tuesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a27968be-62b2-4ac3-914d-054ec8ef8b08Post:a461644a-e385-4dcd-a022-b9c4e26f996e">Re: Flame Some Shiiit Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well this may be flammable, but you sound like a shitty daughter. You are prolonging your mother's seemingly miserable existance for YOU, not her. You are selfish in the highest right. Disgusting.
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]

Another subject that drives me crazy. These are adults who have lived their lives and want to go out with some dignity. Let them have their wish. Who am I to stand by and so, no no granny you have to suffer with you brain cancer a for a little while longer, cause I'm selfish.

I think assisted suicide in cases where people are doing nothing but suffering and want to leave this earth should be legal.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_flame-some-shiiit-tuesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a27968be-62b2-4ac3-914d-054ec8ef8b08Post:6b596eb7-b48f-4803-99e0-be975ccd8dbc">Re: Flame Some Shiiit Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]See, I can't win. I wasn't going to come in here and give you guys that.  Blue asked. And I was only saying that even though you guys think I'm wrong, it's not right to say it's because I've never "been through anything".  Like I said before, I get that you guys think my abortion views are crazy, and I'm not trying to change your mind.  Flame all you want.  But don't make it personal. @ Koda-- I'm not holier than thou.  I already stated repeatedly that I don't make the right decisions, I'm not perfect.  I could give you a laundry list. But morality isn't based on me.  It's based on fundamental truths.  @Maratea--Selfish?  Honestly, my life would probably be a hell of a lot easier if my mother was gone.  The selfish choice would be to help her kill herself.  I've sacrificed everything to help her, so don't tell me I'm selfish.  But I. Don't. Believe. In. Killing. People.<strong><u>  I don't have a right to decide who dies.
    </u></strong>Posted by monkeysip[/QUOTE]

Except when you deny their desire to die.  You are in fact deciding that she ISNT allowed to die.  So you are deciding who gets to die.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    And when she gets to the point where she cant make her own medical decisions and becomes a fvcking vegetable, I bet rather than sign the DNR that she wants, you will make them do everything they can to keep her alive.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_flame-some-shiiit-tuesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a27968be-62b2-4ac3-914d-054ec8ef8b08Post:b626bf64-f371-45d3-8e21-e56204eda3e2">Re: Flame Some Shiiit Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Flame Some Shiiit Tuesday : Another subject that drives me crazy. These are adults who have lived their lives and want to go out with some dignity. Let them have their wish. Who am I to stand by and so, no no granny you have to suffer with you brain cancer a for a little while longer, years cause I'm selfish. I think assisted suicide in cases where people are doing nothing but suffering and want to leave this earth should be legal.
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

In some instances we are more humane to our pets than we are to fellow humans.
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_flame-some-shiiit-tuesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a27968be-62b2-4ac3-914d-054ec8ef8b08Post:e7be0dde-30b5-4290-989d-d3febebf5c2a">Re: Flame Some Shiiit Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Flame Some Shiiit Tuesday : Except when you deny their desire to die.  You are in fact deciding that she ISNT allowed to die.  So you are deciding who gets to die.
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

Yep.  What quality of life does she have with you forcing her to stay alive?
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_flame-some-shiiit-tuesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a27968be-62b2-4ac3-914d-054ec8ef8b08Post:c7d8d5f7-44a4-4ed3-b240-5c45f73a79fb">Re: Flame Some Shiiit Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Flame Some Shiiit Tuesday : In some instances we are more humane to our pets than we are to fellow humans.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

I agree.
  • Options
    I'm honestly not trying to start an assisted suicide debate.

I don't support assisted suicide but that doesn't mean I think we need to continue artificially supporting people forever (i.e. respirators, etc.)

My point was that going through difficulties in life (and yes, it's very hard for me too, Blue, not just for mom, although obviously my mom's suffering is worse), doesn't mean that you just change your beliefs.  Morality doesn't change... killing is always wrong even if it "feels" like the right thing to do.  That's because human life to right is inalienable.

SaveSave
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_flame-some-shiiit-tuesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a27968be-62b2-4ac3-914d-054ec8ef8b08Post:4e948549-209f-4d93-a305-79d2f353a9c4">Re: Flame Some Shiiit Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Flame Some Shiiit Tuesday : Yep.  What quality of life does she have with you forcing her to stay alive?
    Posted by adamar15[/QUOTE]

One could ask the same for the child hated by his mother since abortion wasn't an option. Thats not the point silly.
  • Options
    Morality isn't based on fundamental truths.  It's based on societal mores.

"Smash's balls are the biggest balls of them all." -AATB

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_flame-some-shiiit-tuesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a27968be-62b2-4ac3-914d-054ec8ef8b08Post:31ee3efb-454d-4874-b011-fdb7f2994902">Re: Flame Some Shiiit Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Monkey- it's your word choice and phrasing. These sentences "But morality isn't based on me.  It's based on fundamental truths." come off a little sanctimonious.
    Posted by kodakitty[/QUOTE]

Because I believe in objective morality instead of subjective morality?  If that's sanctimonious, sure fine, whatever.  But I don't think it is...

SaveSave
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_flame-some-shiiit-tuesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a27968be-62b2-4ac3-914d-054ec8ef8b08Post:9503465c-3b9d-415f-9830-d7652a54c7c4">Re: Flame Some Shiiit Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm honestly not trying to start an assisted suicide debate. I don't support assisted suicide but that doesn't mean I think we need to continue artificially supporting people forever (i.e. respirators, etc.) My point was that going through difficulties in life (and yes, it's very hard for me too, Blue, not just for mom, although obviously my mom's suffering is worse), doesn't mean that you just change your beliefs.  Morality doesn't change... killing is always wrong even if it "feels" like the right thing to do.  That's because human life to right is inalienable.

So you don't believe in the right to die?  Like if someone wants to die, they can't be allowed to fucking die?
    panther
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards