Wedding Etiquette Forum

No evening thread yet??

Can I start one?

What's doin' for Cinco de Mayo?

Re: No evening thread yet??

• We have no firm plans for tomorrow. H is thinking of taking his mom and aunt out for an early Mother's Day lunch. I can pretty much guarantee his mom will throw a fit for having to share.

That reminds me. I need to refill my Xanax prescription.
  • I'm headed over to the BFs house for Mexican food.  We'll make it an early night though since it's a long'ish drive and we hate doing it on amateur nights. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_no-evening-thread-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f2028bf-d0b2-4892-b2ea-d9d963590142Post:b0b44f11-45ad-4938-a257-aa2c1f1c552e">Re: No evening thread yet??</a>:
    [QUOTE]We have no firm plans for tomorrow. H is thinking of taking his mom and aunt out for an early Mother's Day lunch. I can pretty much guarantee<strong> his mom will throw a fit </strong>for having to share. That reminds me. I need to refill my Xanax prescription.
    Posted by specialk84[/QUOTE]

Every time I read one of your posts I think "there's another thing we have in common." Hehe.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_no-evening-thread-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f2028bf-d0b2-4892-b2ea-d9d963590142Post:a6b8674c-3774-4bfa-86e1-9e2ddbd3cc54">Re: No evening thread yet??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm headed over to the BFs house for Mexican food.  We'll make it an early night though since it's a long'ish drive and we hate doing it on amateur nights. 
    Posted by Girlie1030[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking we might do Mexican tonight instead of tomorrow just to avoid the crowds...
  • Ah, I remember about your MIL. Please tell me she is dogless.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_no-evening-thread-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f2028bf-d0b2-4892-b2ea-d9d963590142Post:79d88c18-8ec4-4ec6-a112-01689519e29f">Re: No evening thread yet??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ah, I remember about your MIL. Please tell me she is dogless.
    Posted by specialk84[/QUOTE]

Yes indeed. And I have not had to be in the same room with her since... but I'm not sure how much longer I'll be able to ride that wave...
  • Evening. 
    I have to leave for a meeting soon and then I'm hoping to drink heavily once it's over.

I don't have a clue what I'm doing with the rest of my weekend.
  • hey everyone!

i have nothing interesting to say...just wanted to say hi :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_no-evening-thread-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f2028bf-d0b2-4892-b2ea-d9d963590142Post:a08add76-67e6-4c2b-bce2-1672950e9340">Re: No evening thread yet??</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: No evening thread yet?? : I'm thinking we might do Mexican tonight instead of tomorrow just to avoid the crowds...
    Posted by goobersinlove[/QUOTE]

We're making our own Goobers.  My BF and I love to cook together and our H's love to eat so everyone's happy.  I'll make the salsa at home tonight though so it has a chance to get really yummy. 
  • Evening.

No luck on the apartment search today.  Found one place that was pretty nice, but it's on the second floor of a law firm, and tenants are not allowed to park in the lot from 8 AM - 5 PM.  Weird.  It was also a little out of my price range.

No idea what's going on for tomorrow.  It's our year and a half anniversary since we got married.  Not that we would have really done anything anyway, but still, weird to think about.  I might go shopping tomorrow, I might just stay in and write my paper.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Well, enjoy it while it lasts. I haven't seen my MIL since early March. Seeing her before March 2022 will be too soon.
  • Hi all! 

We're going to Jazz Fest tomorrow and hope to meet up with lynda there. Maybe I can celebrate with a frozen margarita.

Special, your MIL sounds like a peach.  It's times like these I'm thankful that I'm 1800 miles away from mine.
    imageAnniversary
  • Evening ladies, no big plans for tomorrow.  FI has a baseball game bachelor party for his nephew and then we though a bonfire out back would be nice under the almost full moon. 

This is a post and run until later as I really, really need to go to the Y,  because after that, I want to go to get banana cream pie icecream dipped in the chocolate that hardens.  Yep, you guessed it FI is working 3-11 tonight. 
  • Hey ladies.  I'm just waiting for a bagel to toast for my dinner then heading out to softball in a bit.  I'm all packed and ready to head out in the morning.  I had to pretend like I was putting laundry away when I was getting my clothes sorted, then put the dogs out back when I brought down the suitcase and loaded it, then put it right in the car.  My one dog freaks when he sees suitcases, and even though they're coming with me, I have to leave them for softball tonight and didn't want to freak him out.

My Cinco do Mayo festivities include driving 12 hours.  However there will be plenty of drinking when I finally get to my parents house.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Hi Hockey!

Girlie, I love you lab. And I totally envy your desire to cook... FI and I are far too lazy for that. I wish I liked cooking so bad!

bay, the apartment will come - keep looking! We're going to need to move this fall and I am not looking forward to the search. Such a PITA.

And special, what was it again about your MIL? I remember it being on the drama level of mine...

Barrell, I <3 your horse!
  • Um, Ski, that ice cream sounds fabulous.

Beachy, I hope your drive goes well.
  • Safe travels Beachy.  You are coming into good weather.  Sunny and 70 on Sunday!
  • Goobers, everything is wrong with my MIL. Imagine the worst thing a parent could do to a child, and she did it.

We are heading out for dinner. Have a nice night, everyone!
  • Hello everybody! I spent the day lazing around and fielding calls from moving companies.  Not exciting.  I need to start looking at hotels and apartments, blah.

Bay, I'm sorry that apartment you liked disappeared out from under you.  That sucks.
  • Thanks Ski, now I want a banana chocolate shake. 

Have a safe trip Beachy. 

Bay, that is really weird about the parking.  Sounds like your perfect place is still out there.
  • Hi!  H and I just had a lovely bike ride through the golf course.  He gets to feel like he's offroading in parts and I still get lots of pavement.  It's a win-win.  I'm making LTB's empanadas in honor of Cinco and brie bites in honor of the Derby.  I haven't decided what my beverage of choice will be tomorrow.  Either something fancy to go with my hat or beer to go with the flip flops I'll most likely be wearing.
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Man, you guys are good for my optimism :)

Safe travels, Beachy!

Books read in 2012: 21/50

• Adamar, did you post your hat? 
  • Hello! FI and I just got back from some rummage saling and dinner.  He's about to take off for the weekend.  My plan is to lounge around a bit tonight and then hopefully get some cleaing done since there will be 12-15 people staying here tomorrow night after my bachelorette party. :) Agh I can't wait!
  • I haven't posted any pics yet.  I'll make sure to get one tomorrow that I can post.  It's not really that fancy I guess, it's just a wide-brimmed straw hat with a red scarf patterned with bits tied around the band.  I was trying to figure out how to use my grandma's gorgeous Hermes scarf, but it didn't look right.
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Evening, ladies.  FI and I are having sushi tonight, and I think he's actually going out with the guys tomorrow, since I was supposed to be travelling for work this weekend.  My travel plans actually got cancelled as of yesterday, so I'll probably just hang out here and order delivery from the Mexican place down the street while FI goes out.

Bay, your perfect apartment is out there, I promise.  (I've lived in 11 different places in 7 years, so I think I'm allowed to make promises like that.)  And Adamar, add me to the "I want to see your derby hat" list.  I love hats.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_no-evening-thread-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f2028bf-d0b2-4892-b2ea-d9d963590142Post:102030eb-87d0-4dfe-910b-d073a1fae88d">Re: No evening thread yet??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey ladies.  I'm just waiting for a bagel to toast for my dinner then heading out to softball in a bit.  I'm all packed and ready to head out in the morning.  I had to pretend like I was putting laundry away when I was getting my clothes sorted, then put the dogs out back when I brought down the suitcase and loaded it, then put it right in the car.  My one dog freaks when he sees suitcases, and even though they're coming with me, I have to leave them for softball tonight and didn't want to freak him out. My Cinco do Mayo festivities include driving 12 hours.  However there will be plenty of drinking when I finally get to my parents house.
    Posted by Beachy730[/QUOTE]

<div>I love this.  Autumn freaks when I leave too :).</div><div>
    </div><div>Hi!  H is on his way home.  He'll be here later tonight.  I love him, and I'm excited to see him.. but the only thing resembling furniture in this apartment is this air mattress and I'm not really looking forward to sharing my couch/bed with him for two days.  He wasn't supposed to be home until tomorrow afternoon, and then he's flying out Sunday morning for OH to do the moving of stuff... an extra 18 hours in an apartment with no furniture... this'll be fun.  Especially cause I'm exhausted and don't really have the motivation to actually DO much of anything these days.</div>
  • Thanks ladies.  I'm not really looking forward to it, but I have plenty of candy packed and can make phone calls all day if needed.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Loopy, I just noticed your ticker.  Congratulations!

Ooh, Hermes.  You'll have to work that in next year Adamar.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards