Wedding Etiquette Forum

so, who hangs out here at night?

Re: so, who hangs out here at night?

• i'm going to die without my husband on saturday.  that sucks.

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • Wow... I suddenly feel better. I just keep seeing rapture this, rapture that. I'm glad I'm not the only one a little lost by it all (I fully admit I had to look it up this morning to know what it was).

Good vibes your way, Mandy!

FI and I officially put the bid in this afternoon on the house we fell in love with yesterday... effing bank gave him the run around all morning, so the bid got submitted 10 hours later than we'd hoped. But it's there... so that's the important part!

• Aw, 12 is a good age to be.  I'll take it!
    This is my 3 cycle charting.  This cycle is a little wacky right now though.  I have no clue what's going on.  Le sigh.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• CellesCelles member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hangs-out-here-night?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:462768b8-417a-4562-aeca-f7769ed3ec4aPost:48ab2f54-642e-4fe5-a609-19aa943e7b3c">Re: so, who hangs out here at night?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi Mandy! It's not night time for me yet.  Still hanging out at work. We Catholics don't believe in the Rapture, so I feel free to mock it.  Because, you know, the concept of it is hilarious.
    Posted by mica178[/QUOTE]

I find the concept of transubstantiation hilarious, but somehow I don't think mocking it would go over well here.  I'm actually kind of irked with all of the theists who are making fun of the Rapture without realizing that their own beliefs are just as fantastic.
  • Kelly- GL! :)  House hunting was the worst.  So glad that's over for a while.

• Mandy- if you're not brought up to heaven you don't die you just to live in a hell on earth type thing,

am Iright on this? I don't know.
  • oh, that's not so bad.  for whatever reason, i feel like you've been trying for a long time.  longer than 3 months.

so, what the hell brought this rapture shiit on?  i just learned about the whole world ending on saturday while watching ellen today.

Miss
    being healthy. blog.
  • Yep ggirl, party at my place when it's done!
  • kelly, just build a house!  so much more fun.  and easier.  and in our case, it was cheaper.

Miss
    being healthy. blog.
  • mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment

Fezz, at least you can have fun while TTC, right?  Someday, when you're up to your elbows in spitup and worse, you'll remember these days fondly.  Or something like that.  It'll happen when it's the right time.

Mandy -- from what I can tell, if we're not among the raptured folks on 5/21, we'll just be here on earth, present for the battle between good and evil.  No one's dying yet.

• Nope, Mands.  This is only our 4th cycle.  (1st one I didn't chart.)

I'm party-ing for the Rapture.  You should too.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hangs-out-here-night?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:462768b8-417a-4562-aeca-f7769ed3ec4aPost:a4924aff-a753-42a9-be58-9dffe29788d6">Re: so, who hangs out here at night?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mandy- if you're not brought up to heaven you don't die you just to live in a hell on earth type thing, am Iright on this? I don't know.
    Posted by ggirl2001[/QUOTE]
    Yup.  You get a second chance to repent :)
  • mica178mica178 member

Kelly -- vibes to you and the house thing.  We're still searching, and it feels like hell (or is that just he mildew and ugly carpet?) sometimes.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hangs-out-here-night?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:462768b8-417a-4562-aeca-f7769ed3ec4aPost:c24df4a2-542c-47c8-87da-6718a0f3025a">Re: so, who hangs out here at night?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Fezz, at least you can have fun while TTC, right?  Someday, when you're up to your elbows in spitup and worse, you'll remember these days fondly.  Or something like that.  It'll happen when it's the right time.
    Posted by mica178[/QUOTE]

You're right. :-)

• I better get my PPD damnit.
  • I can't believe how many people believe that crap.
  • mica178mica178 member
    Celles- I don't think it's ridiculous to believe in a higher power (disclaimer: I really am Catholic, not just joking).  I do think that the idea of a bunch of people being pulled into the air naked at 6pm on 5/21 is ridiculous.
  • i will definitely be partying on saturday!  in montreal.  woo!

Miss
    being healthy. blog.
  • Don't lie to us Mica, it's all an act Tongue out
  • hi everyone!  i'm here - H ended up picking up a shift at the bar tonight, so he's stopping home on the way home from one job to the other to say hi.  i'm off work tomorrow, so that makes me a happy girl.  
    oh and I have a yummy malbec, so life is good.
    Photobucket
  • mica178mica178 member
    Well, Birdie, I need to be on my best behavior, in case rapture really is coming.  I took your sig pic seriously.
  • According to the flyer that was on my door Sunday, the rapture is may 21st and the actual end of the earth is october 21.
    so, you get saved on may 21st if you're a chosen on.  Me and all the heathens will be just hangin until October I guess.  I'm glad I will get to go on my Machu Picchu trip.
    Photobucket
  • KJB I'm jealous you have the day off tomorrow! Any plans?

• mica178mica178 member
    I've decided to sneak out of work early.  I can check my staff messages from home, leave my pager on.

See you all in a bit.  It's commute time.  :/
  • I don't have wine. I just have beer. I don't want beer. I want wine.

Also-I will probably be doing nothing for the rapture. who wants to drink with me online lol?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hangs-out-here-night?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:462768b8-417a-4562-aeca-f7769ed3ec4aPost:3dc9db1c-ebb3-4f24-a758-25a1eb804e7a">Re: so, who hangs out here at night?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I better get my PPD damnit.
    Posted by Birdie1483[/QUOTE]
    Agreed! And the siggy pic makes me laugh.
    image Robby James born 2.24.12 @ 23 weeks due to preterm labor
    Remembering Robby
  • I'm going to hang out with one of my friends and her little 6 week old munchkin!  Oh, and take Mr Beefy to the vet, but that's not any fun.
    Photobucket
  • i took today off.  i decided to have a "me" day.  cleared it with the boss though.  i think i might just work a half day tomorrow. 

Miss
    being healthy. blog.
  • I do, I do...
    rough day, rough week.  I coped with pizza and soda and will shortly be adding wine and bubble bath.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hangs-out-here-night?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:462768b8-417a-4562-aeca-f7769ed3ec4aPost:5ca075f2-60f7-4bbc-94db-6df41af9105f">Re: so, who hangs out here at night?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't have wine. I just have beer. I don't want beer. I want wine. Also-I will probably be doing nothing for the rapture. who wants to drink with me online lol?
    Posted by ggirl2001[/QUOTE]
    I will!  I'll be home - H is working at the bar all weekend, so I'm sure I'll be home.
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards