Wedding Etiquette Forum

Good evening!

Re: Good evening!

• Aryn, you pack it yourself, then lie to the shipper. Or, you make a friend at the UPS store.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-evening-24?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3a4e2f8a-72ca-40c0-8399-92390e60d439Post:0b874ae0-a8ba-4c10-b557-ff2ca5b1c55d">Re: Good evening!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Aryn, you pack it yourself, then lie to the shipper. Or, you make a friend at the UPS store.
    Posted by specialk84[/QUOTE]

<div>I'll have to get FI to ship it then. I'm not a good lier in those types of situations. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-evening-24?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3a4e2f8a-72ca-40c0-8399-92390e60d439Post:3bce2245-4b3a-423c-8b27-eb175fd274a8">Re: Good evening!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think Mery brings up some good points, and I would love to sit and talk with her. I think she and I could actually be IRL friends. However, she has a tendency to come across as a pompous ass. Posted by specialk84[/QUOTE]

I agree.  At first I didn't notice it a lot but now that she's not around nearly as much it's just annoying as hell.  If she participated in other threads she might actually come off as more liekable.  JMO.
  • I've never had the UPS store ask me what's in the box when I drop it off, pre-packed. I've never shipped anything I wasn't supposed to, but still.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Should we re-evaluate which option to pick once we know how many folks are participating? 
  • Does anyone still have an active Myspace account?  I deleted mine a LONG time ago, but I've received 2 emails today telling me I have private messages waiting for me.  One was from a name I didn't recognize at all and the other from somebody I know but never on Myspace.  Any thoughts?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-evening-24?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3a4e2f8a-72ca-40c0-8399-92390e60d439Post:74d5f38f-ba4a-4e78-a714-17978c21f966">Re: Good evening!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think Mery is posting on TN these days. 
    Posted by EaglesBride2012[/QUOTE]

<div>She recently pissed off P&CE, much to the delight of SB.</div>
  • edited April 2012
    That sounds like a phishing scam.

Edited: The MySpace thing, not the beer/sock thing.
  • I think my MySpace is technically active, although I haven't logged on in a million years. That's weird that you'd be getting messages to your deleted account.
  • That's what I thought, too.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-evening-24?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3a4e2f8a-72ca-40c0-8399-92390e60d439Post:3ff83a55-9edb-478e-9c37-7fdb794e9ca1">Re: Good evening!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Now don't you all disappear.  I am going to go make my lunch for tomorrow, just cut up an apple and a carrot.
    Posted by crfb87[/QUOTE]

I'll still be here. I feel like I'm never going to fall asleep tonight. I've been sleeping in too late since I'm barely working right now.
  • Good evening ladies. I've been having computer problems on and off today. I could really use some alcohol. I woudln't mind being in on the beer swap - but I am with Chelsea - I still haven't tried the beers recommended to us.
  • Can I just say that I think it's hysterical that almost every time I click on Fishy's FB page, at least 75% of the friends that pop up on the right are Knotties?
  • Hey Poke. Computer problems suck.. I haven't had any since buying my Macbook Pro last year, so fingers crossed it stays that way for awhile.
  • Im here, but trying to get myself ready for sleep. I have a really hard time shutting my brain off even when exhausted.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • All i have to say is, if you non-beer snobs choose to participate, you'd better not send us natty light.  local craft brews, biyotches :P
  • Ugh - another mac user eh? Every single one I meet tries to convince me to make the switch : p
  • If we do this I'll enlist help from one of my beer snob friends - I promise!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-evening-24?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3a4e2f8a-72ca-40c0-8399-92390e60d439Post:d8c061ae-442d-4f9c-81b2-72a69affe124">Re:Good evening!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Im here, but trying to get myself ready for sleep. I have a really hard time shutting my brain off even when exhausted.
    Posted by Nickivegan[/QUOTE]

<div>This is exactly how I am! FI got me into listening to tv shows while I fall asleep. I usually pick nature documentarys because the commentary is in monotone. </div>
  • And I am obviously in on the beer swap! I can't PM from the Mobil though. Just know, I am all in. Vegas style. Ps, we never set up our Vegas Evening E GTG. When I get to the computer I will PM you all the needed info Chrissy. But yeah, let's see how many actually want in before we decide.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Ok, I just realized how late it actually is, so I'm headed to bed as well.  Night all!
  • I love my Mac! I was so against them for the longest time, but I'm so glad I made the switch. I'll never go back.

And I will laugh my ass off if someone sends natty light.. or even better, Milwaukee's Best ;)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-evening-24?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3a4e2f8a-72ca-40c0-8399-92390e60d439Post:1e77aa15-cf52-40de-a2ab-561ee41412b7">Re:Good evening!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Good evening! : This is exactly how I am! FI got me into listening to tv shows while I fall asleep. I usually pick nature documentarys because the commentary is in monotone. 
    Posted by ArynBaker[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm so nerdy that the nature documentaries would keep me awake because I'm too interested to fall asleep >.<</div>
  • Haha, I admit I had trouble sleeping during the one about dolphins. But usually, it's a good background noise. 
  • Clearly, you guys have not experienced the delicacy that is Keystone Light. It's the choice of beer pong champions everywhere.
  • Angel - I actually dont' think I'd mind making the switch. But it wouldn't be until I'm in England. But since FI is so against macs I don't see it happening. He's the one that can fix computers - so if I get something he doesn't know much about I'll be SOL if something ever did go wrong.
  • I was taking that risk too, since my dad is good at fixing PCs but knows nothing about Macs. Luckily, I've been okay so far but if I ever do have a problem, I'll have to go to the Apple store and that will probably be a huge PITA.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-evening-24?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3a4e2f8a-72ca-40c0-8399-92390e60d439Post:487644c0-e330-4c98-ade6-fbdfe5000b46">Re: Good evening!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Clearly, you guys have not experienced the delicacy that is Keystone Light. It's the choice of beer pong champions everywhere.
    Posted by specialk84[/QUOTE]

I have, but I wish I hadn't. I actually don't mind Natty Light that much.. mostly because it tastes more like water than beer :)
  • Oh yeah - that's another thing that's wrong with macs. The Apple store ; )
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards