Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Saturday Morning!

Re: Saturday Morning!

• Options
    Petal - I've heard that when taking antibiotics you should eat plenty of yogurt to avoid icky side effects like that. I really need to thank MK again for turning me on to greek yogurt - it's the only stuff I can get through.
  • Options
    mkruparmkrupar member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    edited May 2012
    No poop for you!

I forgot to ask if you liked it Poke. And now I guess I know.
  • Options
    I like yogurt. I haven't tried the Greek yogurt. Why is it better for me? Or is it?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mkruparmkrupar member
    More protein Petal. At least that's what I'm told.

I get kidney stones, but I've never had a UTI thank god. Stones are the pits though.
  • Options
    I tried greek yogurt.  I didn't like it.  It was mostly the texture/consistancy, though even with fruit in it I wasn't fond of the flavor.  Granted I can only do regular yogurt a couple days in a row every few months.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Yeah MK, I really do like it. It's been my breakfast many many times. I tried all the different brands and Chobani is by far the best IMO. 
  • Options
    mkruparmkrupar member
    That's the one I eat Poke. I've had the Fage before and thought it was tasty.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_saturday-morning-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:17fba649-cefd-4192-acbd-ed290e7134eePost:4a3bb860-add3-4657-b21e-c40aebc90943">Re: Saturday Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I tried greek yogurt.  I didn't like it.  It was mostly the texture/consistancy, though even with fruit in it I wasn't fond of the flavor.  Granted I can only do regular yogurt a couple days in a row every few months.
    Posted by CFM102012[/QUOTE]

<div>That's funny because regular yogurt has a bad texture for me, but the greek stuff was thicker so I was able to handle it.</div>
  • Options
    I tried the Fage with the fruit in the separate compartment. It was good, but I felt like I was paying more money for less yogurt compared to the Chobani 
  • Options
    I'm a meat and potatoes girl so I'm not stressed about getting enough protein.  
  • Options
    Rachers - a mani/pedi would totally make your mouth feel better. 
  • Options
    Sounds like a good plan to me Rachers. I need to get one badly. I will have to try the Greek yogurt.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    The Oikos tasted good, but to me the texture felt closer to "normal" yougurt. 
  • Options
    I love that my kitty is affectionate. He's currently in my lap, purring and licking my chin.  Only bad thing is I need to go for my run. I'm training for a 5K in july. 
  • Options
    More protein, and also a lot of the big Greek brands (Fage, Chobani) are less processed and have more natural and fewer chemical ingredients than the popular regular brands (Yoplait, etc).

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    Ugh. So now my little sister is stomping around in a bad mood because I told her I'm going to pass on her ROTC Awards Banquet tonight. It's in the city so about an hour away. She doesn't seem to understand the fact that I've got a UTI means I'm peeing like crazy. I do not want to be stuck in a car for an hour, then getting up every 20 mins all night in front of everyone. It sucks though because I have heard they serve good food. Oh well, I might talk myself into getting a pizza. 

CFM - I always have problems making my animals move when they're being cuddly. 
  • Options
    Thanks J&K. I'm trying to eat healthier so that is good info.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Poke, did you get antibiotics today?  You  might actually be feeling a little better by tonight.

• Options
    I love Fage!  It's my favorite, by far....and unfortunately, is also usually the most expensive.  But the 2% cherry Fage is one of my favorite foods.  I find that I get sick of Chobani after eating a couple of them, but I never get sick of Fage.  I do like the Chobani Champions, though, even though they're supposed to be for kids - they're only 100 calories and are the perfect size for a snack.
  • Options
    Why do furbabies always choose to be snuggley 5 mins before you're gonna get up and do something :( Kitty, you have until 1:30. After that I absolutely have to get up and go for my run. That way I can get cleaned up and go to work at 4.

• Options
    J - Yeah, I got them today. I've already taken the first one. I hope I am feeling better by tonight, and I still have time to decide if I can go or not. But like I said this is my first time dealing with it so I have no idea how well I'll react to the medication.

Abbalish - The Champions are actually the first Chobani yogurts I tried. It was the vanilla chocolate chunk ones. They're freaking amazing.

Thanks Rachers! 
  • Options
    The Honeynana Champions are the bomb.com.  I love to add a little extra honey and some chocolate chips for dessert, or a tbsp of PB for breakfast.

• Options
    Eagles, I am doing a little better today, thanks for asking. Sorry I'm late on that, I walked away for a bit.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I may be posting in a dead thread, I can't tell what times the last posts were from my phone, but I think Greek yogurt also has less sugar than regular yogurt, but I could be wrong. I've only tried chobani, oikos looks too thick in the commercial.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Haha Eagles - she'll get over it. They reserve seats for everyone, and each student gets no more than two seats. She was stressing because I "wasted" a seat. I think she's inviting a friend to take my place, so she's probably glad I'm not going. 

J - the thought of PB in yogurt seems very strange to me - but very very good.
  • Options
    Angel, it definitely has less added sugar.

Poke, I only add PB to the honeynana and the vanilla chocolate chunk.  It's delicious, I swear!  And makes it more filling.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_saturday-morning-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:17fba649-cefd-4192-acbd-ed290e7134eePost:363ecc81-2683-4a89-8f18-c6e8120ef833">Re:Saturday Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I may be posting in a dead thread, I can't tell what times the last posts were from my phone, but I think Greek yogurt also has less sugar than regular yogurt, but I could be wrong. I've only tried chobani, oikos looks too thick in the commercial.
    Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]

<div>It's not as thick as they make it look. The one I had was very runny actually. </div>
  • Options
    pokepoke27pokepoke27 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2012
    I've got some plain ole vanilla Chobani - I'm thinking about adding a little PB to it for later. Being sick is a perfect excuse to cheat on my diet Innocent

Edited for spelling
  • Options
    Dude, how is PB a diet cheat?  PB is so good for you, unless you get the super duper processed stuff.  Protein, healthy fats, very little added sugar.  Yum!

• Options
    I can't stand Chobani; it's too acidic for me. I love Oikos, though. I think it's because, as Poke said, the texture/taste is more like "regular" yogurt. I'm looking forward to experimenting with Greek yogurt in dips and such.

Some guy on the L is reading "50 Shades of Grey". I thought that was a chick book (and, yes, I realize I'm stereotyping). I'm kind of fascinated that a guy is reading it. FI keeps telling me to stop staring, but I can't. I really want to wander over and ask him what he thinks of it, but then I'd look like a creeper. I haven't read it yet because I think it's pretty hard to top Anne Rice's "Sleeping Beauty" series.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards