Just Engaged and Proposals

Show Off Your Rings!

Re: Show Off Your Rings!

• edited November 2010
    We just got engaged last night! :) We had been planning a night out just the 2 of us for the past couple of weeks. He took me to see the movie Morning Glory and then out to dinner at a romantic restaurant. When we got back to his apartment, he let me open the door and there were candles lit everywhere with red and white rose petals scattered all over the floor, the couch, going up the stairs, everywhere! He poured some wine and started telling me how much he loved me and how he always saw me in his dreams of the future. Then he told me he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me and got down on one knee and asked me to do him the honor of being his wife. I am absolutely on cloud 9! 

The ring is a 1 ct round brilliant cut with 1/3ct total going down the sides. He picked it out all by himself even before he had asked me to show him pictures of what I liked. Its exactly what I've always wanted. I just love the way it sparkles! I can't stop looking at it and I can't believe its on my finger!! 

•  My ring is just perfect and everything and more then what i expected :) after 6 years we are ready to start the next chapter of our lives !!!
  • My fiance and I are long distant sweethearts [live across the country from each other], and we had been dating for about 18 months when he proposed!
    I am studying my post secondary degree in piano performance, thus, he took me to the Royal Conservatory of Music of Toronto to propose! I had no inkling as to what was going on, he had just picked me up from the airport! The ring was directly on the piano keys, and it was the first thing I noticed when we walked into the room. My response was, "oh look! somebody forgot their ring on the piano!" Duhhh. It was the most exciting experience of my life. He even had my parents fly down the very same day to celebrate! What an amazing guy. 
    My engagement ring is estate jewelry, absolutely perfect for me, as I am a lover of antique and vintage finds. I'm thrilled that I have such a tasteful guy in my life! I absolutely love that man.

• 2 years ago I sent an email to my Fiance's best friend.  She saved the email and forwarded it to my fiance who then took the picture to his jeweler and had it custom made!! He did so good! 

It's a classic look, in a pave setting.  1.91 total cts.  The center stone is E color, 1.5 cts. set in diamonds & Platinum.

It's stunning!

• Byron and I had plans to celebrate our two year anniversary of dating at the Red River Gorge (Kentucky).  It was a rainy day and I wasn't sure if I wanted to follow through on our plans.  However, he insisted, so we packed a lunch and headed out.  When we got there, the sun finally came out.  We rode a chair lift to the very top of the valley and had a gorgeous view.  He lead me over to a secluded spot on a giant rock overlooking the entire area.  He then said, "I have to ask you something."  I immediately knew what the question was, and before I knew it he was down on one knee with a ring!  Of course I said yes!  It was the perfect engagement!

He picked the ring out all by himself - no help from me.  It is PERFECT and I love it.  I would have never dreamed of owning a ring as beautiful as this.  He spoiled me.

• When he asked me to marry him, he didn't actually have a ring.  He had taken the keyring off of his ring and asked me with that!  (I kept the keyring.)  After he asked me, we went together and picked out my ring.  We went to many places, though nothing really felt right to either of us.  Finally, we saw this one and both knew that it was the one.  It's part of a set, so the wedding band matches and is already taken care of!  Also, when we told my parents, my mother gave us the diamond from my great-grandmothers ring.  Now I have my something old and something new!

• I absolutely love my ring! It's timeless and everything we ever looked for. I am so blessed to have such an incredible fiancé. We went to Gatlinburg, TN for our 5 year anniversary, and he proposed at the top of the sky lift. It was one of the greatest nights of my life, and I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with him!  

• .53 radiant cut solitaire set in white gold with platinum prongs. it looks bigger on my hand I guess because I have tiny fingers!

sorry about the in car iphone pic, haha. i lost my camera cable so the only camera I use is my phone. anyway, its perfect!

I had always wanted an emerald cut, but a few months ago I started really liking princess cuts although I never told my FI. then when he popped the question I was in shock it was the cut I wanted (well slightly different, but actually a lot prettier).

he proposed to me at the Homestead Resort in Virginia. we went there for our 2nd anniversary. we had dinner then decided to go for a walk. we walked to a gazebo that was away from the other gazebos and he asked me there. I had no clue it was coming and he actually had to ask me twice because I was so speechless LOL.
  •  A beautiful, custom-designed 2 carat ring!
  • My FI proposed on 11/7/10!  We had been discussing getting engaged.  His mom is good friends with a jeweler so he sent me several ring styles to see what I liked.  Fortunately, my favorite was also his favorite!!! I feel so lucky!
    Vacation
  • .5 carats, we went shopping and I said what I liked, then he went back and picked out this one! I love it!!

I love the setting as well, simple but different.

Until we say "I do" Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • He picked out my dream ring <3
    It has a rose gold center band with pink diamonds.

• My FI proposed by programming our GPS and hiding it in my car for when I got off work. Then it led me to him. He got on one knee and asked me to grow old with him. It was perfect. he picked out the ring all on his own. I absolutely love it. :)

• Another bride has the same ring as me, makes me glad someone else appreciates the BEAUTIFUL shape of this ring.

It's a flower shaped ring! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited November 2010
    I sent him out with a list if things I did NOT want..this is what he came up with on his one.  I love the ring, I love the man.

For anyone who wantes the details, its a rare, slightly over 1 carat  cushion cut, elongated. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • GIRLS I NEED YOUR HELP! Can you go to the link below and vote for My boyfriend and I to win this verragio ring. it would really help us out to take the next step in our relationship. THANKS SO SO MUCH!!! i can't wait til we can post our ring here =]

http://apps.facebook.com/verragio/contests/72618/voteable_entries/11132145?order=recency
  • Engaged as of 10/30/2010 and loving it!

It's a round cut diamond flanked by six smaller round cut diamonds. Not the biggest rock, but that's fine by me.
  • edited November 2010
    Here is mine!

It is a 2 carat  diamond on a white gold band with saphhires on the band and a matching saphhire band.

I picked it because it is vintage looking and unique. Although I will have to change my theme now.....pink and green won't go with this ring.
  • Gorgeous rings ladies!

We got engaged this weekend in New Hampshire visiting family. He proposed before we went to bed and I had to scream into a pillow so that I would not wake up anyone in the house.  It was very special and sweet and when we came downstairs for breakfast the next morning and broke the news, everyone was thrilled. We had designed the setting with a local jeweler but didn't see the final product until he popped the question. I wasn't expecting it this weekend (I thought after the holidays) but my fiancee had this planned the whole time. The ring is gorgeous and more than I could ever imagine. The center stone is a 1.00 carat princess cut diamond with .46 carat small diamonds along the band. I can't stop staring at it!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Here's mine. He proposed to me on my birthday in front of about 50 people (including my parents). It's .33 carats on 10K white gold with 25 little diamonds. The really special part is he proposed on my 25th birthday! He picked it out after we kinda discussed it a few times, but he picked this one out with out me knowing. Such a perfect surprise!  I love it (but I love him way more, lol)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I love my ring, he picked out five and I had it narrowed down to three of them and then added this one. I loved it.
    Anniversary
  • We got engaged 11.21.10

I'm not good at feelings.

• I looove my ring, FI picked out himself and did really well! 1.51 ct center princess cut and 1.25 in side stones in a micro pave setting.

• I love my ring! I did have help picking it, he made me give him a top 5 list after I had a dream about getting an ugly engagement ring!
    Can't wait to marry my best friend!! imageWedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I thought I had posted my rings shots long ago but I guess not.  It's a 1ct. round with 16 princess cut diamonds on the sides.

Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited November 2010
    Hello,
    I just got engaged last Sunday (11/21) and I'm definitely still in the "constantly staring at my ring" stage. I knew I liked the round cut and the halo setting, which a friend passed on to my fiance, but this is completely beyond my expectations and it means so much that he picked it out.  It's a round brilliant cut halo setting, with little diamonds on the band and filigree on the sides. Just got it insured today and took a few more pictures so I thought I'd post.

Good luck with your planning!
  • My set :)
    My only request was a solitaire round cut. Fiance did the rest and I am so proud 1.23 carat engagement ring

and 14 pave set diamonds in the wedding band.
  • Just got engaged on our two year anniversary on Thanksgiving :) .75 carat princess cut solitaire, I love how simple it is!!! So excited to start planning
  • I was SO convinced I wanted an asscher or cushion cut in a halo setting with sapphires.  We had it narrowed down to two beautiful rings at two different stores, and when we went to get a second look at one of them, my FI pointed to a setting that I would NEVER have picked.  It was traditional, classic, and elegant.  I put on the setting (it didn't have a diamond in it yet, just the semi-mount), and it was the most comfortable, most eye-catching ring I'd worn yet.  He wentback a week later (apparently) and got it for me.  The diamond is a 1.28 ct round brilliant with about 12 extra facets cut into it so it practically glows in the dark by reflecting every drop of light it absorbs.  It's perfect, it looks amazing on my hand, and it is everything I could have wanted in my ring. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • This is kind of late, but we got engaged on 11/11 at 11:11pm. (That's my quirky thing I do- kiss the clock and make a wish at 11:11.) We went shopping together and I picked out one ring I liked at every store. Finally, we stumbled upon Blue Nile and after seeing their amazing deals, I designed the one I have now I was very set on a halo setting and FI liked the solatire.. so this was a mix of what the both of us loved. Had NO idea that FI bought it though... and well here we are today! He picked out which one he bought though and I can't be happier. Its TW is about 1carat, the color is an E and the clarity is SI2.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards