Wedding Etiquette Forum

I'm embarrassed to be considered a Knottie right now

I'm all about calling people out on HERE, The Knot, on bad behavior.  This particular board is an etiquette board after all, that is our "duty" if you will.   

Some people have really crossed the line and should really be ashamed of themselves right now.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 

Re: I'm embarrassed to be considered a Knottie right now

• I can only agree with you. I keep refreshing the post hoping it will turn out to be a bad dream.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • I couldn't.believe that a few would harass her wedding site.

Live fast, die young. Bad Girls do it well. Suki Zuki.

• I'm with you on that.

Not one of the so called "mean girls" of the long ago Knot would ever have behaved this badly.

I've been around since 2009 and I saw a lot of nastiness then that makes it look like a tea party around here and I don't think any of them would have stooped to this level.

• I'm with you there.

I'm sitting at my desk with at "O.O" look on my face because I'm not really sure what I just read in that thread.
  • I left after replying to OPs last post, went to work, chevk my phone, and holy shit.

I'm feeling a bit nauseated right now.

Anniversary
  • Agreed. It's shameful behavior.

• It's really awful. I've never been so disgusted by behavior around here and I've seen a lot.

• I didn't see any anti-Canadian posts.  If anything it was don't make all Canadians out to be rude assholes.

• I didn't see any anti-Canadian posts.  If anything it was don't make all Canadians out to be rude assholes.

Yeah that was take on it.  My posts with the GIFs was entirely sarcastic.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Now there's a another Winnipeg person blaming all the Knotties for the shit-tastic behavior. 

What a mess.

• TeddiD34 said:

I must admit, I too am from Winnipeg, but I've been lurking for years, and educated myself on how to treat wedding guests, contrary to how things are done all the time around here ("socials", "presentation", etc).

I was slightly offended by some anti-Canadian posts in that thread.

Not cool.

I <3 Canada! Seriously, I tell FI all the time that I would love to be Canadian because every single person I've ever met that is Canadian has been SO NICE. Even the girls on Four Weddings - Canada are nice to each other! And they're supposed to be mean on that show. Love all things Canada.
  • afox007afox007 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited April 2014

I was shocked that some people posted on her wedding website. I was worried yesterday with my thread that people would reach out to her, then I thought, "nah people wouldn't really do that." Then this thread came up and I am not so sure anymore...

That was my first thought too. Everyone found your BSC bride, but it was a unanimous vote that we'd leave her alone and then this happens today. At this point I think whoever is spamming OP's site makes her look like a saint by comparison. 

I think she was meaning some of the GIFS that were posted...
  • I can't even look at the tread anymore.

Whats making me most upset is that KP isn't doing anything about it!!!!!

• And yes, I agree it really is sad. I just joined a few months ago and have learned so much from the forum, but in my short time here I have never seen nor expected something so nasty to go down.

• TilaT25 said:
    I didn't see any anti-Canadian posts.  If anything it was don't make all Canadians out to be rude assholes.

As I said, they were posted with total sarcasm.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

•  and there were a couple of comments as well. No biggie, 'just didn't think it was called for.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

•  
    Now there's a another Winnipeg person blaming all the Knotties for the shit-tastic behavior. 

What a mess.
    Not blaming all Knotties. I try not to generalize like that.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• TeddiD34 said:

and there were a couple of comments as well. No biggie, 'just didn't think it was called for.

I take it you guys have never seen South Park or the South Park movie, then?

• I'm so disgusted right now. I am not on TK very much because I prefer WW -- I'll take speshul snowflakes over straight-up cyberbullying. I feel so bad for that poor girl. I hope it gets resolved soon.
  • @teddiD34 - I definitely think any comments/gifs were meant in a sarcastic fashion towards the OP who was lumping all Canadians into the same bucket.

There are too many well loved Canadian posters around here for anyone to have anti-Canada feelings.

That is an ugly thread and it just kept getting uglier.

• what the hell is everyone talking about?

Yeah, cliff notes please....I had to work all morning, dammit
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards