Wedding Etiquette Forum

Worst Wedding You've Ever Been To?

1141516171820»

Re: Worst Wedding You've Ever Been To?

• @ashley8918 If you want me to, I can photoshop their faces out (with the old-school mosaic face blur) and put the image link up if you or anyone wants to change it in your post and their quote posts. I can also tell you exactly what to highlight in the html editor and just paste in.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• @ashley8918‌ that walking down that ramp pic is hilarious, but you may want to take down the pics or blur out some of the faces, there have been some crazy stories on here about random people finding personal information and harassing people online as anyone can read these pages (you don't need to be a member)
    Well. That's absolutely pathetic. But they have been quoted, so it's probably too late at this point.
    I'm sure it will be fine but I just wanted to give you a friendly heads up as it was really bad (you can read about it here: http://forums.theknot.com/discussion/1017370/i-m-embarrassed-to-be-considered-a-knottie-right-now/p1 )

OH.MY. GOD.
  • beethery said:
    @ashley8918 If you want me to, I can photoshop their faces out (with the old-school mosaic face blur) and put the image link up if you or anyone wants to change it in your post and their quote posts. I can also tell you exactly what to highlight in the html editor and just paste in.
    That would be awesome!
  • beetherybeethery member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2015
    @ashley8918, if you would be so kind as to copy the first batch of html, in between the green square brackets below.

Then when you edit your original post, click the 'Show Source' button , highlight ALL of the text in your post, then delete it, and paste in the code I provided for you.

-shit ton of code removed-

This should work. If you get any errors, let me know.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• kdd2015kdd2015 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    Okay, my story seems tame compared to the last one. I went to a wedding for my younger sister's friend. Bride was 18, Groom was 21 or 22. It was an okay wedding, although tacky, tacky, tacky. Ceremony was fine, other than the bride making faces the whole time because she hates having her picture taken. The reception included 2 kegs and roughly two bottles of wine. No champagne, nothing. There was a money tree on the gift table and a dollar dance. The bride and groom not only shoved cake in each others' faces, but alllll over the dress and tux. Total mess. Finally, the bride bribed her uncle to go buy her a bottle of Jagermeister so she could take shots. 
  • beethery It worked! Thank you!
  • That or some kind of sci fi monster. Plus black frosting is bad, stains everything.
    Soooooo. I threw my FI a surprise batman themed birthday party. It was fun. We kidnapped his truck and left him riddler clues that rhymed and were pretty cool. He ran around town, shows up at my place. So of course we have to have a batman cake. I make yellow cake and black frosting with a yellow batman symbol. We didn't know about black frosting. Everyone had black teeth. But the cake was yummy. :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I made FSD 1 a Mickey mouse cake one year. FSD 2 got Donald Duck. Yup. Black and blue teeth EVERYWHERE. But it was adorable.
    My reaction to most everything on the internet today:
  • phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    My family has a sensitivity to some food dyes, so very saturated frosting is often really gross-tasting. I won't usually eat cake or cupcakes with red frosting because the amount of dye necessary to get the frosting red (instead of pink) makes the frosting taste really bitter. So I avoid really dark green or blue frosting, and definitely black frosting, too.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • The worst wedding I went to wasn't bad at all but after free drinks during cocktail hour it turned into a cash bar. Beer was only $2 (12oz bottle) but my friend didn't bring cash, and I didn't used to carry cash until my bank card stopped swiping at some stores. I may be wrong, but it appeared that the one of the groomsmen got his 3 drinks (his and the two ladies up there with him) free right before I paid another $2 for mine. He did give her $2 so it is possible that the drinks were paid for before I walked up and after she made them he pulled more money out and tipped...or maybe the ladies paid for theirs before they were made and he paid for his after. She didn't move the money while I was there so I don't know if it went into the tip bowl or cash box. Whatever! I had a pretty good time, was able to keep drinking, got some ideas for my wedding, and can walk away knowing that my guests will not have to spend a penny at my wedding - not even for tips.

• The worst wedding was when I had just gotten engaged, like a month after i got a wedding invite for just me. Thought it was so rude - the couple was a good friend of mine and they knew I had a fiance! They didnt have the decency to invite him. I heard it was $$ related however they apparently had the $$ for a lot of crappy extra things no one cared about.

They are divorced now anyway but I was like super annoyed by this. I could see him not being invited if we had just been dating for a short while or something but we engaged for a month at that point.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • dmyrick78 said:
    Now, I pretty much dislike most wedding food, but one wedding stood out in my mind... it went far beyond bad food.  I went to a  Catholic wedding that was 1 hour and 45 minutes long.  The priest had mentioned that this wedding was as god had intended... between a man and a woman. The priest went on to say that homosexuality, bestiality and pedophilia pervert gods will. WOW.  Still cannot believe the priest was talking about bestiality... and lumped homosexuality in the same category, as if they were the same thing! Then he went on  to say a woman's duty is to be submissive to her man, and to keep herself beautiful and attractive for him, as her body is his body, now. DOUBLE WOW.  One of the groomsmen shouted for the groom to (pardon my language) "do her in the butt", when the question arose if anyone had any reservations to their union.  I was so tempted to walk out of the church. I pulled it together and drove an hour away to the venue.  No cocktail hour, dinner was served an hour late and cold. The priest made another inappropriate prayer, but at least the day was salvaged and the couple had a blast on the dance floor and hopefully excommunicated from that church as soon as they got back from their honeymoon. I had been to 3 other Catholic weddings that summer, where the priest said a woman's duty is to be submissive to her husband, and some anti-gay message peppered into a marriage of  a man and a woman. (it was their day, not a day for someone to spout politics).
    woah

https://31.media.tumblr.com/f9e1201d417a3eda75ad66ddd917f091/tumblr_mzf1d4SZm41seecqoo1_500.gif

second, I have been to many Catholic weddings and I have never heard the submission line used.  Only time I ever hear that stuff is at Born Again Christian weddings, sorry to say.
    THIS but without dinner,  In the summer and the back lawn of the church had a septic problem.  Fortunately for me, food was only served inside the church hall where I refused to take my infant daughter (quite dirty)
  • danamwdanamw member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment

Awkward pastors. At one wedding I was a guest (I've done the BP thing, never again) the pastor must have mentioned the "many children" thing about 11 times.

It left me wondering how many children constitutes "many". 8? 3? And this couple didn't even want any. The marriage lasted about 2 years.

• danamwdanamw member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment

My former BF had a wedding that was ok mostly, but I was MOH and had some backstory details that the guests didn't know. Like, the brides father had died when she was 11, and she wanted "Daddy's Little Girl" played for the father/daughter dance, and she wanted to dance alone, pantomiming dancing with her dad. The groom's mom squelched that idea, luckily.

The groom and his mom did everything for the reception, I don't think they slept for 3 days before the wedding. There was plenty of good food and free drinks, and everyone had a chair.

I thought it was tacky that the bride's ex-boyfriend walked her down the aisle. Her father was dead, her brother and she had a fight and he didn't attend.

• steph861steph861 member
    First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2014
    I was talking to my stylist today and she was telling me about her wedding and what a shit show it was.

1. One of the groomsmen was a recovering alcoholic and hadn't had any alcohol in years. On the morning of her wedding day, he started doing shots. He was completely plastered by the time the ceremony started. During toasts at the reception, he got up and started booing the speakers. When he went to the bathroom, a bunch of people followed him (his parents included) and told him he had to leave. He punched a number of groomsmen. They managed to get him into the passenger seat of one of the groomsmen's cars, and he proceeded to punch the groomsman and the groomsman's father when they started driving. The bride didn't hold it against the groomsman because she knew he felt awful about it after.

2. When she and the rest of the bridal party were in the limo on their way to getting pictures taken, somebody spilled red wine all over her dress. Luckily, the photographer was able to photoshop it out.

3. They had a special song picked out for their first dance, but the deejay screwed it up and started playing hard rock instead. He didn't even have the first dance song with him.

4. Her florist spray painted the flowers for no reason.

5. Even though she did three or four hair trials, the stylist screwed up her hair. Several days prior, an inexperienced aesthetician waxed her eyebrows to almost nothing.

She said none of this ruined the day for her, though, and she still had a great time. I'd be freaking out if even one of those things happened to me.

• Wegl13Wegl13 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    I have been reviewing my wedding experience and all of them were, to my memory, pretty decent.... Until I remembered going to my ex's cousins wedding. It was August, in Tennessee, outside. They decided to have a morning wedding (understandable because, you know, August)... But now I have to be at the wedding at 10am and it is already bloody humid and hot and unpleasant (true story even though the temp isn't as bad, humidity is generally higher in the morning). So the ceremony was short and sweet and lovely in her aunts backyard, but then we go to the reception (in the front yard), and this is when things start going downhill. First of all, while there are seats for every butt, half of them are in the sun... So we just stood around the seated elderly relatives, huddled in the shade. Second of all, we waited for a while and never saw the b&g (pictures? Recovering from the heat? I mean we had food... But where the heck were they?).... But then it comes down to the kicker. I see they've got what looks like a wedding cake display. People are taking them so I assume there's no "cake cutting," so I take one too. They are adorable! They are homemade! They are.... BRAN MUFFINS. Bran muffins, guys. The ex and family gathered up soon after that to leave, get some air conditioning, and some real food. It's not like there was anything wrong with this wedding etiquette wise but.... BRAN MUFFINS? When you could have had CAKE?
  • Wegl13 said:
    I have been reviewing my wedding experience and all of them were, to my memory, pretty decent.... Until I remembered going to my ex's cousins wedding. It was August, in Tennessee, outside. They decided to have a morning wedding (understandable because, you know, August)... But now I have to be at the wedding at 10am and it is already bloody humid and hot and unpleasant (true story even though the temp isn't as bad, humidity is generally higher in the morning). So the ceremony was short and sweet and lovely in her aunts backyard, but then we go to the reception (in the front yard), and this is when things start going downhill. First of all, while there are seats for every butt, half of them are in the sun... So we just stood around the seated elderly relatives, huddled in the shade. Second of all, we waited for a while and never saw the b&g (pictures? Recovering from the heat? I mean we had food... But where the heck were they?).... But then it comes down to the kicker. I see they've got what looks like a wedding cake display. People are taking them so I assume there's no "cake cutting," so I take one too. They are adorable! They are homemade! They are.... BRAN MUFFINS. Bran muffins, guys. The ex and family gathered up soon after that to leave, get some air conditioning, and some real food. It's not like there was anything wrong with this wedding etiquette wise but.... BRAN MUFFINS? When you could have had CAKE?
    Bran muffins, oh no.  Maybe there was a mixup and somebody used the wrong box of mix?  Eek!

The bolded: heck yeah, there was!  B&G never appeared at the reception to thank their guests?  Super weird.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Wegl13Wegl13 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    I'm sure they showed up but we were so hot and miserable that we left about 30-45 minutes post ceremony. It was unusually hot for the area that year but I wish they'd made back up plans, even if it was just to go back to the church hall where the rehearsal/welcome dinner was after the ceremony.
  • My (now ex) boyfriend took me as a guest to the wedding of his college girlfriend. (Problem number one, obviously.) We traveled with two other couples, and these people were the entirety of the people I knew at this wedding. The day of the reception, the B&G invited everyone to a "picnic day." Somehow, the girls I traveled with and I didn't get the memo that "picnic day" meant "Hunger Games." So we showed up in sandals and sundresses. To a giant, muddy field. At said field, the B&G divided everyone up into teams. The Bride made sure to split me and the other girls from our SOs and placed us on teams we where we obviously didn't know anyone. "So you can make new friends!" she said. Once split into teams, we were forced to play flag football, ultimate frisnee, volleyball and capture the flag. It was like my worst middle school PE nightmare. Being completely unathletic (and wearing a sundress), I tried to exucse myself, only to be totally harassed by my insanely competitive "team" and taken aside by a bridesmaid and told to "just be a good sport." What? At one point another teammate referred to me as "Dead Weight." It was the worst. Also, the muddy field was right by a lake (swamp?), and we were all covered in mosquito bites after an hour, and of course the B&G never thought to bring bug repellant. Or they did and didn't share. Who knows. THE. WORST. WEDDING. EVER.
  • Wegl13 said:
     It's not like there was anything wrong with this wedding etiquette wise but.... BRAN MUFFINS? When you could have had CAKE?

Blasphemy. 

• jenijoyk said:
    My (now ex) boyfriend took me as a guest to the wedding of his college girlfriend. (Problem number one, obviously.) We traveled with two other couples, and these people were the entirety of the people I knew at this wedding. The day of the reception, the B&G invited everyone to a "picnic day." Somehow, the girls I traveled with and I didn't get the memo that "picnic day" meant "Hunger Games." So we showed up in sandals and sundresses. To a giant, muddy field. At said field, the B&G divided everyone up into teams. The Bride made sure to split me and the other girls from our SOs and placed us on teams we where we obviously didn't know anyone. "So you can make new friends!" she said. Once split into teams, we were forced to play flag football, ultimate frisnee, volleyball and capture the flag. It was like my worst middle school PE nightmare. Being completely unathletic (and wearing a sundress), I tried to exucse myself, only to be totally harassed by my insanely competitive "team" and taken aside by a bridesmaid and told to "just be a good sport." What? At one point another teammate referred to me as "Dead Weight." It was the worst. Also, the muddy field was right by a lake (swamp?), and we were all covered in mosquito bites after an hour, and of course the B&G never thought to bring bug repellant. Or they did and didn't share. Who knows. THE. WORST. WEDDING. EVER.

Oh.My.God...this is horrifying!!!  I'm still having trouble deciding what the worst part is.  Playing "little kid sports"...as an adult...with people I don't know.  Some of whom are apparently tremendously rude a**hats.  Being inappropriately dressed for said craptastic sports.  Dealing with the discomfort of dozens of mosquito WELTS..they aren't bites on me...for days afterward. 

You're a trooper, though.  I would have flat out refused to participate.  I don't care how upset and pressuring my "teammates" and the bridesmaid were.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jenijoyk said:
    My (now ex) boyfriend took me as a guest to the wedding of his college girlfriend. (Problem number one, obviously.) We traveled with two other couples, and these people were the entirety of the people I knew at this wedding. The day of the reception, the B&G invited everyone to a "picnic day." Somehow, the girls I traveled with and I didn't get the memo that "picnic day" meant "Hunger Games." So we showed up in sandals and sundresses. To a giant, muddy field. At said field, the B&G divided everyone up into teams. The Bride made sure to split me and the other girls from our SOs and placed us on teams we where we obviously didn't know anyone. "So you can make new friends!" she said. Once split into teams, we were forced to play flag football, ultimate frisnee, volleyball and capture the flag. It was like my worst middle school PE nightmare. Being completely unathletic (and wearing a sundress), I tried to exucse myself, only to be totally harassed by my insanely competitive "team" and taken aside by a bridesmaid and told to "just be a good sport." What? At one point another teammate referred to me as "Dead Weight." It was the worst. Also, the muddy field was right by a lake (swamp?), and we were all covered in mosquito bites after an hour, and of course the B&G never thought to bring bug repellant. Or they did and didn't share. Who knows. THE. WORST. WEDDING. EVER.

Oh.My.God...this is horrifying!!!  I'm still having trouble deciding what the worst part is.  Playing "little kid sports"...as an adult...with people I don't know.  Some of whom are apparently tremendously rude a**hats.  Being inappropriately dressed for said craptastic sports.  Dealing with the discomfort of dozens of mosquito WELTS..they aren't bites on me...for days afterward. 

You're a trooper, though.  I would have flat out refused to participate.  I don't care how upset and pressuring my "teammates" and the bridesmaid were.

Word, I would've told those people to LITERALLY go fuck themselves and I'd leave.
  • Cross-Post from Snarky Brides:

I broke down and just gave cash as it was easier for me and my husband, that and I didn't want to burden the couple by bringing a gift to their wedding. 

I regret giving them cash (or any gift for that matter) as I just attended one of the rudest weddings ever.

When we arrived there was a quite stern lady that was yelling at the guests as they arrived to not enter into the reception area. We were instead directed to an area where we were allowed to stand next to a make-shift bar that was fully stocked but were not allowed to order from. 

I noticed that there were a lot of folks carrying around sodas, beers, mixed drinks (which were only available for VIPS) and wine. I realized that these were the VIPs that wereallowed into the reception area. 

Ceremony started 45 minutes late and when some guests went to where the ceremony was going to be held in order to have a seat rather than stand, they were sent away by same stern lady. So, I regretted wearing heels that day.

After the ceremony, me and my in-laws were asked to stay for photos during cocktail hour which we were happy to oblige despite wanting to get something to drink.. its been a few hours now since we have eaten or drank anything.

When we were seated for dinner, we were sat outside and away from where the rest of the reception was. We couldn't see anything or hear anything. We were also one of the last tables to go get dinner. As we were getting up to leave, the groom came to visit tables away from his reception after he had finished eating his dinner. I didn't mind going last as someone has to go last, but it pissed me off when he drunkenly asked, "You guys haven't eaten yet?"

A bunch of his other family members were complaining to him as why he sat them so far away from the rest of the party as we left to get our food. When we came back, those tables who were complaining had already left. So, it was just us and one other table that stayed of the once full six tables. 

I peaked over at the reception and it seemed nice and pretty which left me feeling kind of bad; we were obviously not as important and were considered second rate guests. While we were getting our food apparently the reception continued on and we missed  a lot of the speeches but we couldn't hear or see anything anyway. 

My husband had hurt feelings because he said family should have been part of the reception and his cousin (the groom) must feel close to them because we were asked to take pictures with them. I said, it shouldn't matter whether your family or not, its rude to have your guests seated away from the reception. 

I never met the bride and only met the groom when I shook his hand at our receiving line thanking him for attending our wedding. 

To make matters worse, while I was waiting to get a glass of wine and mineral water (cause ladies you know I needed the wine at that point), I saw one of the groomsmen who is also my husbands cousin staring at me. I walked up and introduced myself saying that I was his cousin's wife. He replied, "yeah I know who you are I just didn't care to say hello."

Well then. 

But, hey at least there wasn't a cash bar...
  • edited September 2014
    Ooooh  - I LOVE this game! I went to a wedding about two years ago. It was my fiance's cousin's wedding. It was a backyard wedding in their hometown, which had one hotel with six rooms. Bear with me on this one - a LOT went wrong.

1) As a guest, I was expected to help decorate the pavillion in which they held there reception. At this point I had only been with fi for about 6 months and met the bride  twice.

2) The hotel only had 6 rooms (or less), which meant that most of the family had to camp in a nearby campground. They didn't think to plan for other accommodations. Fi and I were lucky enough to snag a room, but we had to share the bathroom with his whole family so they had a space to shower and get ready (the campground didn't have shower facilities).

3) No thank you for wedding or shower gifts

4) No DJ - the bride and groom opted create a playlist on the ipod - FINE - but they played all these songs that were related to their "theme" wedding - also fine - except no one - not even the bride and groom were dancing. My fiance's family likes to party and can seriously take any situation and make it a great time, but this one just wasn't happening. I think the only people who danced were the town crashers. They also poo-pooed anyone who didn't wear clothes that fit the theme (which was pretty much the whole everyone minus their friends)

5) They "pot lucked" their food. AND 90% of the guest list was from out of town - so how the heck did they expect us to bring anything that could keep for a few days?!

6) The only beverage option was beer. No wine, no water, no pop. Just beer! Those poor kiddos with nothing to drink, and I am not a beer drinker. We actually had to go back to the campsite to grab our own coolers so we could have something to sip on.

7) Bride and Groom spent the whole night talking to the 20 or so friends they invited. They never said thank you for coming or that it was great to see us or even acknowledged our presence.

8) I found out on the day of that it was PPD. They didn't file for a marriage license in the appropriate state so they were going to have JOP ceremony the following Monday. I was like WTH? But got over it pretty quickly - mistakes happen right? But then....

9) I found out last week (nearly 2 years later!) that they NEVER GOT MARRIED AT ALL and their ceremony was a total sham!!!!

Most definitely the worst wedding I've ever been too. I never said anything to her or her immediate family but you can be certain that all the other cousins, aunts, uncles and such complained about it after. B&G basically treated the family as servants and with little gratitude. I only met the couple once or twice before the wedding but after the wedding my opinion of the couple has been pretty negative - they didn't care about their family and that just speaks so little of them.

Addition: It was also on a holiday weekend because "the family likes to camp then anyway." I heard a lot from Fi's family about how awful that was because they couldn't, you know, go camping where/when they normally do with everyone they wanted to because they had to camp for the wedding.  Also, didn't have enough seats for their outdoor ceremony so many had to stand. bah!
  • I also wanted to take this opprotunity to mention to our lukers, that everyone has been expressing their disgust involving the wedding I just posted from family members to friends. However, no one has mentioned anything to the bride and groom. 

So trust us when we say that your friends and family will be offended by your rude behaviors whether they mention it to you or not. Most likely they will vent to each other and rather not say anything to you.  
  • I am having a hard time reading some of these bitchy "worst wedding" comments. Where is the empathy people? Believe me, I have been invited to my fair share of etiquette "fail' weddings- my favorite being my cousin who planned her potluck wedding on a Thursday night in her backyard and sent us all a group facebook message about where we should be and when 6 days beforehand. 

But as someone who is starting to plan my own wedding, I feel the pain of many of these brides who may have been constricted by budget (no food/cash bar), or by religious expectations (the long gap), or just my simply not knowing better (18 year old brides).

One of my best friends who is fairly well off got married this summer. Her wedding was outdoors in a large tent and it was miserable b/c it was pouring so they had to keep the tent walls closed. There were 300+ people at her wedding (not her idea- her husband has a huge family). The portable toilets stunk ridiculously bad. My poor breastfeeding friend was absolutely miserable as she had to sit out there to pump so that her boobs did not feel like they were going to explode. The wedding was also partly cash bar (beer/wine hosted).

Did I learn some tips of what to be wary of while planning my wedding? Yes. Do I judge her wedding and her choices? No- not at all...how was she to predict the weather would make the tent conditions miserable? Should I expect her to sniff test the portable toilets beforehand. Paying for an open bar for 300+ people is ridiculously expensive and some people really truly do not have the choice to cut their guestlists based on family expectation. 

Believe me, I'm from the midwest and have been to some small town weddings that have done things that I would never do, but remember that this is the norm in some cultures. It may not be the norm in yours, but be respectful.  Good lord, my mom (from a small town) still is amazed every time she goes to a wedding that has a full open bar. My advice is have a bit of compassion for these folks. Yes, you can be annoyed and tell the stories so that other brides know what annoys other people, but you don't have to be such jerks about it. Weddings are stressful. Everyone is just trying to do the best they can. 
  • I am having a hard time reading some of these bitchy "worst wedding" comments. Where is the empathy people? Believe me, I have been invited to my fair share of etiquette "fail' weddings- my favorite being my cousin who planned her potluck wedding on a Thursday night in her backyard and sent us all a group facebook message about where we should be and when 6 days beforehand. 

But as someone who is starting to plan my own wedding, I feel the pain of many of these brides who may have been constricted by budget (no food/cash bar), or by religious expectations (the long gap), or just my simply not knowing better (18 year old brides).

One of my best friends who is fairly well off got married this summer. Her wedding was outdoors in a large tent and it was miserable b/c it was pouring so they had to keep the tent walls closed. There were 300+ people at her wedding (not her idea- her husband has a huge family). The portable toilets stunk ridiculously bad. My poor breastfeeding friend was absolutely miserable as she had to sit out there to pump so that her boobs did not feel like they were going to explode. The wedding was also partly cash bar (beer/wine hosted).

Did I learn some tips of what to be wary of while planning my wedding? Yes. Do I judge her wedding and her choices? No- not at all...how was she to predict the weather would make the tent conditions miserable? Should I expect her to sniff test the portable toilets beforehand. Paying for an open bar for 300+ people is ridiculously expensive and some people really truly do not have the choice to cut their guestlists based on family expectation. 

Believe me, I'm from the midwest and have been to some small town weddings that have done things that I would never do, but remember that this is the norm in some cultures. It may not be the norm in yours, but be respectful.  Good lord, my mom (from a small town) still is amazed every time she goes to a wedding that has a full open bar. My advice is have a bit of compassion for these folks. Yes, you can be annoyed and tell the stories so that other brides know what annoys other people, but you don't have to be such jerks about it. Weddings are stressful. Everyone is just trying to do the best they can. 
    Nope.  People are not going to be respectful of rude people.  You think it's jerkish?  Then don't do it.  But you don't get to tell us how to respond to rudeness.

• So I haven't been to any truly terrible ones like some mentioned previously. But I still want to vent! I've been thinking about them a lot lately as I start planning my own wedding.

1.) Right after college one of my friends got married in July or August. In Minnesota, but still the middle of summer. Ceremony was great, very sweet. After the ceremony we usher out of the little church into the parking lot. Somewhere along the way we hear that the B&G want us to wait for them to do a big exit. Not ideal, but we can wait. 

Except they had to take pictures first. I have no idea how long we waited, but it was long enough that I changed out of my heels and a friend and I took refuge in my car for the A/C. By the time they were done taking pictures I wasn't excited to send them off to the reception.

2.) I've also been to a couple weddings with sizeable gaps. One where we just went to a bar for app/drinks. The second where FI and I had enough time to return to his place and watch 3/4 of Inception. Luckily the second was an in-town wedding so we didn't have any problem killing time.

3.) We got tiered at one of FI's college friend's weddings. Invited to come to the reception dance but not the ceremony/dinner. He was really pissed about it at the time since we were OOT guests. Knowing what I know now I would be even more pissed. But we went because he really liked the B&G. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards