Chit Chat

I judge...

Re: I judge...

• @larrygaga‌ I totally agree with you and judge this crazy woman for raising her daughter vegan, for her having no vaccinations, and for never having taken her to a doctor. She had a midwife birth so the THREE year old has never seen a doctor. She wears size 18 month size clothes. The baby's dad is 6'6", but the little one will be lucky to be four feet tall. I so want to call CPS.
    Oh FFS ><

I wish ppl would stop with these damn fad diets and lifestyles and learn some fucking biology and basic human physiology.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• I also judge people who automatically think the words "chicken", "veggie" or "salad" = healthy. 
    This! There's a woman in our office who brings salads smothered in ranch and croutons almost every day.

Another coworker and I ran out to get Chipotle yesterday (I get a bowl with no cheese or quac or sour cream), and we ask her if she'd like to go with. She says "I need to eat healthy today, so no thanks!" 

asld;fhjalsodifjapsoifjs!!!!!
  • I also judge people who automatically think the words "chicken", "veggie" or "salad" = healthy. 
    This! There's a woman in our office who brings salads smothered in ranch and croutons almost every day.

Another coworker and I ran out to get Chipotle yesterday (I get a bowl with no cheese or quac or sour cream), and we ask her if she'd like to go with. She says "I need to eat healthy today, so no thanks!" 

asld;fhjalsodifjapsoifjs!!!!!
    I know. Yesterday our boss bought Burger King for us. My co-worker got a fried chicken sandwich and a salad with ranch saying she needs to be healthy and side-eyed my jr. whopper with no cheese or sauces. Research is your friend. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • I judge people (on TK and IRL) who accept huge amounts of financial help from their parents, and then complain when their parents try to control their financial decisions. Um, your dad is paying your rent/ for your wedding/ for your school. Yes, he gets a say in your finances.

THIS. I have a friend and her husband who borrowed $1600.00 from his parents to pay their mortgage/bills and then 4 days later left on a trip to another Province.  When his parents heard they called and were like WTF. What did friend and husband tell them? They'd been saving up for the trip for a long time and weren't going to take money from their trip fund to pay their bills.  Husband's parents aren't talking to them right now, she's upset, doesn't understand why.
  • lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited August 2014
    I judge people (on TK and IRL) who accept huge amounts of financial help from their parents, and then complain when their parents try to control their financial decisions. Um, your dad is paying your rent/ for your wedding/ for your school. Yes, he gets a say in your finances.

THIS. I have a friend and her husband who borrowed $1600.00 from his parents to pay their mortgage/bills and then 4 days later left on a trip to another Province.  When his parents heard they called and were like WTF. What did friend and husband tell them? They'd been saving up for the trip for a long time and weren't going to take money from their trip fund to pay their bills.  Husband's parents aren't talking to them right now, she's upset, doesn't understand why.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • People who say they're "healthy" or "on a diet" and just drink diet coke and eat 100-calorie snack packs all day.  Um, no.

People who smoke in front of their kids.

People who post stupid memes/chain posts/general re-post crap on fb.  And along those lines people who air their dirty laundry on social media.

• I'm super judging this gorgeous house with updated kitchen for NOT HAVING AIR CONDITIONING. What the hell, people.

• edited August 2014
    Back to the whole "not wearing makeup to work" thing, I judge all you bitches who don't have to wear make up or even touch your hair and you still look fabulous.

Okay just kidding. I'm not judging, I'm jealous.

I judge people who take 5+ 'selfies' a day and feel the need to publish each one of them on social media. I haven't forgotten what you look like, but thanks.

Edited because TK ate my paragraphs.
    Anniversary

• I'm super judging this gorgeous house with updated kitchen for NOT HAVING AIR CONDITIONING. What the hell, people.
    total deal breaker for DH.  Even here in CO.    

Well, the house has to have a/c or normal windows.   none of this casement window shit.  They are a PITA to add a window unit.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • lulu411 said:
    Back to the whole "not wearing makeup to work" thing, I judge all you bitches who don't have to wear make up or even touch your hair and you still look fabulous.

Okay just kidding. I'm not judging, I'm jealous.

I judge people who take 5+ 'selfies' a day and feel the need to publish each one of them on social media. I haven't forgotten what you look like, but thanks.

Edited because TK ate my paragraphs.
    This! I have some real AWs on Facebook. One poor girl draws in her eyebrows but they look like she does them with one of those chisel-tipped markers. She uses a color that isn't right for her coloring/hair color AND they are shaped poorly. But no one says anything and she happily posts away about 600 selfies every day.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• lyndausvi said:
    I'm super judging this gorgeous house with updated kitchen for NOT HAVING AIR CONDITIONING. What the hell, people.

Well, the house has to have a/c or normal windows.   none of this casement window shit.  They are a PITA to add a window unit.
    So...obviously I've lived in AZ (well the desert part anyways) for too damn long because I cannot wrap my head around having no AC in the house. That's like...a health hazard here.
  • I judge people who dump their animals at shelters after they have kids bc they "don't have time". You should've thought about that before you got a pet. They're a lifetime commitment. Sorry if this offends anyone... I do a lot if rescue work and we hear this excuse all the damn time.

People who constantly complain about stuff that is totally within their control yet do nothing about it (example, my friend who complains she hates the way she'll looks and wants to lose weight, yet she goes home from work every day and sits on the couch instead of joining a gym, or god forbid even going for a walk)

People who ask me how nice it is to get free passes bc H is a cop or just assume bc he works in a small town he's safe every day. Nope sorry, no free passes, I got a ticket last week. And yes he works in a small town but he still puts his life on the line every day for the general public and yes I wonder every day if he is going to come home.

And I judge woman who wear cowboy boots and automatically think they're country... I judge even harder when they live in the damn city.
  • SmileDamnitSmileDamnit member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited August 2014
    MagicInk said: lyndausvi said: lolo883 said: I'm super judging this gorgeous house with updated kitchen for NOT HAVING AIR CONDITIONING. What the hell, people.image
    Well, the house has to have a/c or normal windows.   none of this casement window shit.  They are a PITA to add a window unit. So...obviously I've lived in AZ (well the desert part anyways) for too damn long because I cannot wrap my head around having no AC in the house. That's like...a health hazard here.

Ha! I moved to CO from TX (after having lived in NC & IA) so I was
    shocked when I learned air conditioning wasn't mandatory here. I've lived in 8 houses since I've been here going on 14 years...and this is the first one that DOES have air. I honestly don't know how I survived before.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I judge myself for forgetting to thank my mom for a small gift she bought me, gah! Sorry, Mom! I love it!

I judge myself for being The Worst at cleaning/picking up my apartment.

I judge people on public transportation. All of them, all the time. Put your backpack on the ground, stop leaning on the pole that is for everyone's use as if it is your own personal leanin' post, stop standing in front of the doors so you can be the first one out, conveniently ignoring that you were the first one IN and are now blocking people from getting on the train, stop listening to your stupid shitty music/playing a dumb game on your phone without headphones, stop sitting with your legs so spread apart that I have to ask you to move just so I can sit in what is supposed to be a spot, stop putting your bag on the seats, STOP. Just stop.

I judge an entire department at my company for lazily not fixing things 3 months ago that would've made my job easier today.

I judge slow walkers, people who stop in the middle of the sidewalk, waverers, etc. Get to the right, if you drove like you walked you'd be DEAD.

I judge people who stick up for the status quo as if it is some brave position to take.

I judge Taylor Swift. No real reason; she has done nothing to harm me personally, and is often well dressed, and an objectively good songwriter, if not my favorite performer. But she just grates at me, so she is judged.

I judge parents who speak unkindly to their children. Kids are annoying, but if you can't hang you shouldn't have had them. They need you, they love you unconditionally, and they will mirror you in all their interactions in the future. Don't be cruel to them; you will raise cruel children in turn.

That felt great. The list above is by no means comprehensive, but I feel so CLEANSED. I am cranky as hell today, but now I feel better.
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • MagicInk said:
    lyndausvi said:
    I'm super judging this gorgeous house with updated kitchen for NOT HAVING AIR CONDITIONING. What the hell, people.

So...obviously I've lived in AZ (well the desert part anyways) for too damn long because I cannot wrap my head around having no AC in the house. That's like...a health hazard here.
    DH is a totally a/c addict.    We have normal windows on the main floor and we have a portable a/c there. I've used it about 6 times all year.  DH has used it more.

2 weeks ago I woke up to find DH sleeping on the couch with the a/c on.  Problem?  It dropped to the 40's overnight.    Who needs a/c when it's 40 outside? 

We live at 6800 feet up.  It's not really hot up here at especially at night.   So we only need it a few weeks out of the year.  I would say about 1/2 the houses I've looked at online do not have a/c.

In the islands, NOLA and even Indy, it was on most of the summer (or all year in the islands).    

• lyndausvi said:
    MagicInk said:
    lyndausvi said:

DH is a totally a/c addict.    We have normal windows on the main floor and we have a portable a/c there. I've used it about 6 times all year.  DH has used it more.

2 weeks ago I woke up to find DH sleeping on the couch with the a/c on.  Problem?  It dropped to the 40's overnight.    Who needs a/c when it's 40 outside? 

We live at 6800 feet up.  It's not really hot up here at especially at night.   So we only need it a few weeks out of the year.  I would say about 1/2 the houses I've looked at online do not have a/c.

In the islands, NOLA and even Indy, it was on most of the summer (or all year in the islands).    
    I would DIE without AC. We didn't have it at my house in college but I never lived there over the summer. I nearly pass out just trying to blow dry my hair in the morning. Hell naw. And window units wouldn't begin to touch 3,153 square feet. 

BUT FI thinks it's worth taking a drive by! Maybe the listing agent was lazy and didn't put it in the system correctly, or we could negotiate seller concessions to have it added.

• cupcait927cupcait927 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2014

I judge people who bail on plans without a legitimate reason. Including myself. I got burned badly on the bachelorette party two of my best friends were throwing me this weekend, which has now been cancelled as everyone bailed within a week AFTER they committed to the plans months ago. After this experience I vow to never bail on plans that I make with someone because I know much it sucks now when it happens. I'm hardcore judging FI's friends for bailing on us tonight, after they were the ones that asked last Friday night if they could come over.

I judge adults who chew gum during meetings. If you can't chew without smacking it and blowing bubbles, spit it out.

• I judge parents who speak unkindly to their children. Kids are annoying, but if you can't hang you shouldn't have had them. They need you, they love you unconditionally, and they will mirror you in all their interactions in the future. Don't be cruel to them; you will raise cruel children in turn.

SIB

Amen Sister.  Co-workers step daughter called her yesterday just bawling because her mom sent her a text saying she hates her, wants nothing to do with her and to never try to contact her ever again. All because mom's new boyfriend kicked her out for leaving hair in the sink, and she wanted to borrow 500 bucks as a security deposit for a place to live. (Co worker had no idea kid had been kicked out.)
  • I'm silently judging myself because I realize almost all of these things that other people are judging, I'm also judging and that makes me a really judg-y person.
  • lyndausvi said:
    MagicInk said:
    lyndausvi said:

H drives me absolutely nuts with the A/C at night and insists on keeping it blowing. Dude, we live above 6,000 feet and it gets into the 50's every night despite the high. It doesn't need to be an A/C icebox in our house. 

This is a guy who has spent weeks sleeping outside in summer with the Army. I just don't understand. 
  • This will probably make me sound like a huge b**** but I judge some of my co-workers that come to the office with no makeup on and nothing in their hair. I mean, why not just try a little?!
    @beachyone15 - I had to jump in because I've only read into page two of this post and thought I should stop in to say I know what you mean (after others criticized you).  I knew the point you were making and when I first saw your post, I definitely thought 'Yup, I get it and that's totally me (meaning the no makeup/lack of hair done person).'

I judge myself when I don't put that extra effort in that you're talking about simply because I think doing that wakes me up more and makes me look more professional and at times more productive cause I look the part.   That's just me though.  I feel better and more put together when I've spent the extra time to do that.   That of course being said I'm currently rocking the glasses, ponytail, and not having a smidgen of lip gloss on, lol.
  • loveislouder said: I'm silently judging myself because I realize almost all of these things that other people are judging, I'm also judging and that makes me a really judg-y person. I mean, I've made peace with my judgmental nature. I try to take note of which things are things that are right to be judged (objectively bad behavior that affects others) versus stuff that I just blindly decide is better my way.

I like to think that the flip side of being judgmental is having good judgment, though. And for the most part I try to balance my inherent judgmental nature with a little bit of self-awareness.

Also--if you're judge-y, you're in good company, at least!
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • And now I'm judging these people for putting that bigass TV in their breakfast nook. And for having a weird triangular table.

I think we will have fun house hunting at the same time.

BTW - I've seen that table before.  It's pretty cool.  Not in front of a huge ass TV.  

I don't think people need to go crazy with staging, but it seems common sense that this looks wrong.

• LakeR2014 said:
    This will probably make me sound like a huge b**** but I judge some of my co-workers that come to the office with no makeup on and nothing in their hair. I mean, why not just try a little?!
    @beachyone15 - I had to jump in because I've only read into page two of this post and thought I should stop in to say I know what you mean (after others criticized you).  I knew the point you were making and when I first saw your post, I definitely thought 'Yup, I get it and that's totally me (meaning the no makeup/lack of hair done person).'

I judge myself when I don't put that extra effort in that you're talking about simply because I think doing that wakes me up more and makes me look more professional and at times more productive cause I look the part.   That's just me though.  I feel better and more put together when I've spent the extra time to do that.   That of course being said I'm currently rocking the glasses, ponytail, and not having a smidgen of lip gloss on, lol.
    Thanks, I really appreciate that. It was honestly just snark and I was surprised how many people were offended. And btw, I totally have my hair up today too!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards