Chit Chat

Walking Dead!!! *Show Spoilers only!!*

Re: Walking Dead!!! *Show Spoilers only!!*

• Make that three.
    Anniversary
  • I think carol is faking being hurt/sick to get in there and get beth out. She's Rambo now. 

I'm so glad that officer died already, I couldn't stand him after like 5 seconds.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• larrygaga said:
    I think carol is faking being hurt/sick to get in there and get beth out. She's Rambo now. 

I'm so glad that officer died already, I couldn't stand him after like 5 seconds.
    Ditto all of this. 
    Yeah I was pretty happy Officer Rapey went out the way he did. But where the hell are they getting all this gas to keep that place running all this time?
    That's what I was thinking; Dawn's obsession with clean laundry and having everything ironed, yet she's super stingy about their resources and using the hospital machines? Plot hole, writers. Through that whole episode I kept looking at FI and saying "What's going on? I don't get it." He was just as confused as I was. 

I genuinely feel bad for the doctor. I kind of hope he joins the group, cuz it would be really sad if he got left behind to deal with Dawn's bullshit forever. That lady has some serious aggression issues. Also hope the good people find Noah. He went out there alone with a hurt leg... that ain't good.  
  • I'm really glad we're catching up with Beth now, but I'm mega confused about WTF is actually going on. If, as @larrygaga is suggesting, Carol is faking hurt to get taken into the hospital, how did they even know she was in the hospital? How far away from Atlanta is Rick's group? How much time has elapsed since Daryl & Carol went wandering off, anyway? 

This episode raised so many more questions for me than it answered. 

Also glad Officer Creep Supreme is gone quickly. I can deal with watching cannibalism way more easily than watching rape, or even suggested rape. 

Also really like Noah and hope he ends up with the good guys. I could take or leave the doctor. I want to like him, but I think he's sketchy as fuck. 
  • esstee33 said:
    I'm really glad we're catching up with Beth now, but I'm mega confused about WTF is actually going on. If, as @larrygaga is suggesting, Carol is faking hurt to get taken into the hospital, how did they even know she was in the hospital? How far away from Atlanta is Rick's group? How much time has elapsed since Daryl & Carol went wandering off, anyway? 

Also glad Officer Creep Supreme is gone quickly. I can deal with watching cannibalism way more easily than watching rape, or even suggested rape. 

Also really like Noah and hope he ends up with the good guys. I could take or leave the doctor. I want to like him, but I think he's sketchy as fuck. 
    The last time we saw Caryl (that's my Brangelina type name for Daryl and Carol. Or it could be Darol. It cracks me up, because it works either way/absolutely doesn't work at all) they were following the evil ambulance car. So reasonably, they could have been in the vicinity, and crossed paths with Noah.
  • esstee33 said:
    I'm really glad we're catching up with Beth now, but I'm mega confused about WTF is actually going on. If, as @larrygaga is suggesting, Carol is faking hurt to get taken into the hospital, how did they even know she was in the hospital? How far away from Atlanta is Rick's group? How much time has elapsed since Daryl & Carol went wandering off, anyway? 

Him shoving that lollipop in her mouth bothered me more than seeing Bob's leg roasting over the open fire.
    Yup. I was SO disturbed by that scene. 

• esstee33 said:

The last time we saw Caryl (that's my Brangelina type name for Daryl and Carol. Or it could be Darol. It cracks me up, because it works either way/absolutely doesn't work at all) they were following the evil ambulance car. So reasonably, they could have been in the vicinity, and crossed paths with Noah.

It would make sense that Noah was too skittish to come out of the woods with Daryl, and need some coaxing. And he could have explained what was going on in there so Carol knew to try and get caught, then Daryl went back to gather the troops for a full attack on the hospital. 

Honestly I'm sick of them being in the woods. The whole gang going back to the city would be a nice change of scenery.

I bet this was it!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• What was the deal with Joan? Did anyone catch that? Beth started using the names Dawn/Joan a bunch and at first I didn't know who either of them were. I finally caught that Dawn was the bitch cop who's in charge. 

I guess Joan was the chick who got her arm sawed off? Was she already in the hospital and tried to escape and that's how she got hurt? She seemed to have a story but it wasn't really explained well enough. I kept thinking I needed to watch the whole episode over again. 

And Joan killed herself in that office, right? Or did she just die from blood loss? She had written something on the floor. All I could make out was the word "You" and then the camera cut away before I could try to read the rest. Did anyone get a chance to read what it said on the floor? It seemed like she had a history with Officer Rapey cuz Beth mentioned that he had attacked Joan and Dawn let it happen. What did they "need" Joan for? 

Also another plot hole, I thought. They're so super strict and have such high security around the hospital, but Joan managed to get out of her room, get into the office, kill herself or whatever, and then lay dead on the floor long enough to become a walker and bite someone. If it's that easy for everything inside the hospital to go to shit, then how are they so organized and efficient after all this time? I don't know. Seemed odd. And confusing. 
  • @novella1186 I think they found Joan and she had been bitten in the arm so they needed to amputate it ASAP.  I also think Joan wrote "Fuck you" on the ground and did indeed kill herself.  My understanding was that Officer Rapey raped her while she was recovering from her arm being amputated (which was why Joan said to Beth that they had made deals with the devil sort of thing).  
  • doeydo said:
    @novella1186 I think they found Joan and she had been bitten in the arm so they needed to amputate it ASAP.  I also think Joan wrote "Fuck you" on the ground and did indeed kill herself.  My understanding was that Officer Rapey raped her while she was recovering from her arm being amputated (which was why Joan said to Beth that they had made deals with the devil sort of thing).  
    Thanks! That makes more sense. 

Also, I didn't watch Talking Dead because that guy "guest star" was so effing annoying I turned it off in the first 10 minutes. WTF is up with them having guest stars who don't even seem to watch the show and just say stupid shit? Ugh! 

Also also, the "sneak peek" for the next episode showed the group that's headed to Washington. Does that mean that we don't get to see the next part of Beth's story till way later?! I don't want to wait! Who is in the woods with Daryl! What happens to Noah! How does Beth get out! Is Carol faking! I need to knooooooow! 

Ok I'm done whining now :) 
  • doeydo said:
    @novella1186 I think they found Joan and she had been bitten in the arm so they needed to amputate it ASAP.  I also think Joan wrote "Fuck you" on the ground and did indeed kill herself.  My understanding was that Officer Rapey raped her while she was recovering from her arm being amputated (which was why Joan said to Beth that they had made deals with the devil sort of thing).  

Also, I didn't watch Talking Dead because that guy "guest star" was so effing annoying I turned it off in the first 10 minutes. WTF is up with them having guest stars who don't even seem to watch the show and just say stupid shit? Ugh! 

Also also, the "sneak peek" for the next episode showed the group that's headed to Washington. Does that mean that we don't get to see the next part of Beth's story till way later?! I don't want to wait! Who is in the woods with Daryl! What happens to Noah! How does Beth get out! Is Carol faking! I need to knooooooow! 

I thought Officer Rapey had raped her before, and that was why she tried to escape. And she killed herself because she just didn't have very many options now, trapped without a hand.

I HATE when they do the whole "let's follow one group at a time so it goes super slow and you go 5 or 6 eps at a time without seeing main people." Urgh.

• I thought Officer Rapey had raped her before, and that was why she tried to escape. And she killed herself because she just didn't have very many options now, trapped without a hand.
    This was my take on it too.  Count me in the Daryl and Carol found Noah outside and he told them what was going on/is the one with Daryl group.  I guess we will see next week.  Or you all will.  I'll be on my honeymoon and won't be able to watch it until the 17th. 
  • Am I the only one who thought this episode was ridiculously boring?? I hate when they are on roll and then go and introduce a whole new slew of characters. And I like Beth just fine, but we don't need an entire ep dedicated to her. Thank the lord Carol showed up at the end so we can get some action rolling again. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • doeydo said:

I thought Officer Rapey had raped her before, and that was why she tried to escape. And she killed herself because she just didn't have very many options now, trapped without a hand.

I HATE when they do the whole "let's follow one group at a time so it goes super slow and you go 5 or 6 eps at a time without seeing main people." Urgh.
    Yeah I really wish they would maybe split the episode between groups like ok here's a little bit of what's happening with Beth and now here's what's going on with the group that's headed to Washington. I think that makes the pace a little quicker and more interesting. Especially when we may not care as much about a particular story line and then it gets frustrating having to sit through an entire episode of just that, or we get really hooked on a story line but they jump away from it for entire episodes to follow some other group. Jerks. 
  • Am I the only one who thought this episode was ridiculously boring?? I hate when they are on roll and then go and introduce a whole new slew of characters. And I like Beth just fine, but we don't need an entire ep dedicated to her. Thank the lord Carol showed up at the end so we can get some action rolling again. 
    Nope I'm with you. They could have recapped that whole story line in 5 minutes. Crazy power trip cops kidnap and "save" people so they have indentured servants and are in positions of power to "rebuild the world again." Done. Move it along. 

• I hate not watching the EP on Sunday night and having to avoid this thread all day Monday. FI and I watched it last night and were kind of confused the whole time.

I hated the creepy officer from the first time he opened his mouth. The scene with the sucker and him sticking it in her mouth tore my nerves up! I yelled, "GO BETH!" when she knocked him out.

I also think Noah is with Daryl (Did anyone else notice that Noah is the guy who played Chris Rock's younger self in "Everybody Hates Chris"). He has basically been held captive for over a year and is probably really nervous to be around new people, and outside in general.

I didn't think about Carol faking it but that is a definite possibility and a pretty awesome one at that.

Dawn obviously has some control issues and is messed up to think that what they are doing is for the greater good. 

I looked at FI last night and said, "The zombie apocalypse is the prime opportunity to kill people like that" (referring to Officer Rapeypants). How can you let someone like him live and continue to abuse people (if you don't want to kill them, lock them up and throw away the damn key". 

The next episode seems to follow the DC group, which I'm glad we'll get to see them, but that means it will be at least two weeks until we see the other group. 

• I wonder if the car Darol (or Caryl) were following was the same car that was taking Joan back? 

I didn't mind the side story. I thought it stood alone, and was interesting, and moved along at a good pace. The only real objection I have is that I'm crazy impatient to find out what's going on with the rest of the group. 

And yep, I noticed the Everybody Hates Chris actor, but couldn't place him, and it bugged me for the whole show. 

Loving Carol. I think she's become the most interesting character on the show. 
  • I was thinking that the guy whose face they're beating in with canned foods in the sneak peek is the same dr who came into the hospital with internal bleeding that the Dr had Beth kill. Anyone else catch that?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I hate having to wait until Tuesday to watch.

I did not think about Carol faking it, but that's a really great theory and I hope it's right.

I didn't think enough time has elapsed to have Carol and Daryl be outside looking to see what's going on inside?  It felt like there was A LOT of days passing between when Daryl lost her and when he saw the vehicle with the white cross, but not enough time from when Beth woke in the hospital and when Carol shows up.
    I would hazard a guess that this Carol is the one from before Terminus, but you would think she would have said something to the group when they reunited about seeing her?

This episode felt rather slow and it was very drawn out even though I yelled at the TV "OH COME ON!" when it was over.
    I was getting so ragey over Officer Grady.  That shit isn't tolerable now, it sure as fuck won't be tolerable post-Apocalypse.

My take on Joan and Officer Grady (from the mess hall scene with him and Beth) is that he offered Joan a way to not have to have debts stacking up against her in exchange for sexual favors.  She became tired and tried escaping, but was bitten by a walker.  They found her and brought her back to continue working because she still has a debt against them (or she will now that they've removed her arm and used resources to "save" her).

I'm still not buying that a friendly group is hiding in the woods.  I think it's a baddie holding the friendlies hostage.

If the next episode is about the group heading to DC then that means something big is probably going to go down at the hospital and they wanted to give us a teaser to keep us coming back.

For once I wish there would be an episode where absolutely nothing happened.  No accidents or violence.  They were just able to prepare for the next part of the journey in quiet.  But - that would make for a boring episode.
    Anniversary

• @Paperpusher - I always have to wait to watch it too!

I really liked this episode, I thought it was really well done. Good acting, good pacing, good story. I'm really interested to find out how/why Carol is at the hospital. But It looks like next week will be the group headed to D.C. so I doubt we'll get any answers about Carol or Daryl.

• Was there an episode last night?
    Anniversary

• That episode was so boring. Really, now we have to follow the random Washington group? Worst spin-off since Joanie Loves Chachie 
  • My least favorite episode yet. Pointless side trip to nowhere, accomplishing nothing, and serving no purpose. Aside from one good mullet line, and 20 seconds of excellent zombie hose down (which justify maybe 1 1/2 minutes of airtime) 

I deem this episode a failure of plot, which should always be carrying us towards answers. This carried us nowhere at all. 

Did I miss something? Was there a purpose to this I'm not seeing?
  • edited November 2014
    I didn't totally hate last night's episode, it just made me go "huh." at the end. As in, well that sucks.

FI called weeks ago that mullet-man did not really have a cure. 

I was totally creeped out by mullet-man just STARING at Abraham and the chick whose name I still can't remember going at it. I mean even if he's just curious or needs some entertainment, could you be a little more discreet? Weirdo. 
    Anniversary

• I liked this episode. I think Eugene has a learning disability or mental illness of some sort. I'm thinking Asperger's or maybe autism. The way he walks and talks and thinks remind me of something like that. My expertise is not in that area, lol. He reminds me of an adult I know with high-functioning autism. 

I really like Abraham. In the same way I liked Merle, the Gov and Shane. He's just played well. I wonder how much strength it takes to leave your husband in the Apocalypse. You would almost rather put up with crazy to have him help protect the babies.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• SmileDamnitSmileDamnit member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2014
    Booooooring. Two meh episodes in a ripe makes Smile a dull girl. Step it up, Walking Dead. SOA is blowing you outta the water this season.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards