Wedding Woes

Confessions

CharmedPamCharmedPam member
First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
edited March 2018 in Wedding Woes
(we haven't done this in awhile)

I work in an open office, with my back to everyone. I used to wait till my  coworkers left and i was alone to pluck my chin hairs.  But today I couldn't wait and went tweezer happy out in the open.  Felt good.

ETF: I of course, did my eyebrows in the bathroom with a mirror like a real human being. 

Re: Confessions

• My coworker was caught sleeping at her desk (again) yesterday.

I had to stop knotting, making my grocery list and placing an Ulta order to join in the shit-talking.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Also, my coworker is listening to pop radio. I snuck into her cube and turned the volume down while she was in the bathroom.

I do not get paid enough to listen to Taylor Swift.

My co-worker didn't know who The Pixies and The Smiths were when she asked what kind of music I was listening to the other day. She's slightly older than I am, I really side eye her because I have no idea what kind of music she would have listened to in High School, but I'm assuming it wasn't very good. 
  • Also, my coworker is listening to pop radio. I snuck into her cube and turned the volume down while she was in the bathroom.

My co-worker didn't know who The Pixies and The Smiths were when she asked what kind of music I was listening to the other day. She's slightly older than I am, I really side eye her because I have no idea what kind of music she would have listened to in High School, but I'm assuming it wasn't very good. 

LOL I don't think I know who they are either (I'm 30). :/ I have terrible taste in music.

This same coworker switches between pop and Christian rock radio. I try to keep my radio quiet because I listen to death metal and shit like that so it's definitely not office appropriate. She's asked me like 4 times if I would turn my radio up loud enough so we could both listen to it. She doesn't believe me when I say my music isn't office appropriate.

I do laugh a little though when I hear her Christian rock while I'm listening to something like Dying Fetus.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever

LOL I don't think I know who they are either (I'm 30). :/ I have terrible taste in music.

This same coworker switches between pop and Christian rock radio. I try to keep my radio quiet because I listen to death metal and shit like that so it's definitely not office appropriate. She's asked me like 4 times if I would turn my radio up loud enough so we could both listen to it. She doesn't believe me when I say my music isn't office appropriate.

I do laugh a little though when I hear her Christian rock while I'm listening to something like Dying Fetus.

You're waaaay younger than we are. They were popular bands when we were in high school. 

I used to have a co-worker who did the bolded (Christian music) and I would put Denis Leary on. 

This brings back memories.  My son used to make me mix CD's of some of his preferred musicians.  I hear "Here Comes Your Man" whenever I think of The Pixies.  I also would never have heard of Feist, The Magnetic Fields, Sufjan Stevens, Iron & Wine, and so many awesome musicians and music!

I would argue that my music was awesome as well, because.....the 60's!

I know them, only because I went through an alternative phase - including Portishead - but I know lots of people who don't know them by name. Some know the songs {remakes - "where is my mind" comes to my head}

Back in my single days, the one and only time I went on a date with someone younger than me by more than a year.  I was 24 or 25 and he was 19.  We were talking about music and who our favorite artists were.  I told him it was a little old school, but my all-time favorite singer was Pat Benatar.  To be fair, her main body of work was a little before my time, but still.

He didn't know who she was!  I didn't actually say it, but was thinking, "Oh honey, you are way too young for me."  Dealbreaker!  Not really, but it was a blow to morale, lol.  When I named some of her hit songs, he at least recognized one of them (sigh).

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I rarely wear shoes around the office. If I have shoes on, then a client is here or I'm physically leaving the office.

I've also eaten most of my office nutella by spoon.
    Today.

You're waaaay younger than we are. They were popular bands when we were in high school. 

I used to have a co-worker who did the bolded (Christian music) and I would put Denis Leary on. 

In my defense though, I didn't know what was popular when I was in high school. I listened to country (before country was cool) and older metal.
  • Guys, I gave up my chin hair story.  I need more than music playing :)

Fair enough!  I have a body related one for you.  About 5 minutes before our potential tenants came for our showing last night, I luckily looked down at my feet.  I'd been wearing black clogs all day and the outside of my heels and back of my ankle looked like they were coated in black dirt.  Like the onset of the Plague was returning to mankind.

I spot washed my heels and ankles with soap.  Changed my shoes.  Good to go, lol!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Fair enough!  I have a body related one for you.  About 5 minutes before our potential tenants came for our showing last night, I luckily looked down at my feet.  I'd been wearing black clogs all day and the outside of my heels and back of my ankle looked like they were coated in black dirt.  Like the onset of the Plague was returning to mankind.

I spot washed my heels and ankles with soap.  Changed my shoes.  Good to go, lol!

Now w'ere talking....

Okay, so, last week I clogged the toilet at work. I PANICKED. We have like 10 women down here so someone was bound to come in. It was not. going. down. I was so worried I'd have to ask for help. I plunged it for what felt like a freaking hour before it finally went down.

I was literally shaking I was so nervous.

• I rarely wear shoes around the office. If I have shoes on, then a client is here or I'm physically leaving the office.

I've also eaten most of my office nutella by spoon.
    Today.

I would SO JUDGE you if you were my coworker.

When I was at our other location, we had someone who would walk around without shoes. It totally grossed me out.

In my deference, there is only 3 of us in the office and we all do it from time to time.
    I just do it more often - or at least most noticeable because I'm often up and grabbing stuff from filing cabinets, etc. Also I double check my feet don't stink - socks don't get removed if they were on in the beginning lol
    Feet stink? Shoes stay on. No one needs stinky office lol

Okay, so, last week I clogged the toilet at work. I PANICKED. We have like 10 women down here so someone was bound to come in. It was not. going. down. I was so worried I'd have to ask for help. I plunged it for what felt like a freaking hour before it finally went down.

I feel your fear! The building my office is in has been having drain/pipe issues and one day I had same deal.
    At least yours went down, mine didn't. I had to talk to building management - apparently that's not uncommon with that toilet. I now do not use that toilet.
  • I clip my nails at my desk.  Yes - I am that person!  But I have a semi-private office and currently do not have a roommate.  And when I did have a roommate, I hated him so I didn't care!  I also keep tweezers for when new eyebrow hairs grow in and bother me, I keep a small mirror too so I can pluck from my desk!

Ex-roommate was caught sleeping many a time!  One of the reasons HR got on his ass, they eventually caught him lying.

This ex-roommate - his aunt (who I love and is amazing!!!) is/was my realtor.  We are starting to buckle down to save for new siding.  We have some brick that has not aged well.  I want to call and ask her if painting it will hurt our resale value or if we should go with the fancy stone overlay.  But I feel like she will want to talk about his firing!  She often would talk about him and our work in general!  They are also a very close family...

• I found a hair on my neck the other day that was dark and about 2 inches long.  Chiquita walked into the bathroom as I plucked it and her eyes lit up like Christmas. 

DH has purchased four Kinder eggs.  That's the extent of our Easter Bunny prep.  

Also, in the last week I've walked into furniture at least 3 times and I have one giant black and blue on my right thigh.

Don't tell my kids but every day this week I have thrown out something.  I'm tired of toy clutter especially if it's something we don't use. 

Last one - My birthday is coming up and DH has been a turd and won't get me a cleaning lady.  

I feel your fear! The building my office is in has been having drain/pipe issues and one day I had same deal.
    At least yours went down, mine didn't. I had to talk to building management - apparently that's not uncommon with that toilet. I now do not use that toilet.

OMG I'd cry. And quit my job. It used to be so enjoyable to poop on company time.

My company owns this building. The owner's dad (who is still in the office every day and the CFO) would have had to go in there and mess around with my poop.

• I sneak checking my cellphone for messages when I'm at work.
  • I clip my nails at my desk.  Yes - I am that person!  But I have a semi-private office and currently do not have a roommate.  And when I did have a roommate, I hated him so I didn't care!  I also keep tweezers for when new eyebrow hairs grow in and bother me, I keep a small mirror too so I can pluck from my desk!

Ex-roommate was caught sleeping many a time!  One of the reasons HR got on his ass, they eventually caught him lying.

This ex-roommate - his aunt (who I love and is amazing!!!) is/was my realtor.  We are starting to buckle down to save for new siding.  We have some brick that has not aged well.  I want to call and ask her if painting it will hurt our resale value or if we should go with the fancy stone overlay.  But I feel like she will want to talk about his firing!  She often would talk about him and our work in general!  They are also a very close family...

Ooohhh!  FWIW, I was reading a real estate investing article earlier this week that listed the 10 best "bang for your buck" ways to improve property values and justify higher rents.  Covering brick with an exterior stone overlay was one of the items.  They described it as being a "low cost" way to spruce up an exterior.  But "low cost" can be a very relative term in real estate, lol.  Unfortunately, I don't have any idea what it would run.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • banana468 said:
    I found a hair on my neck the other day that was dark and about 2 inches long.  Chiquita walked into the bathroom as I plucked it and her eyes lit up like Christmas. 

Also, in the last week I've walked into furniture at least 3 times and I have one giant black and blue on my right thigh.

Don't tell my kids but every day this week I have thrown out something.  I'm tired of toy clutter especially if it's something we don't use. 

Last one - My birthday is coming up and DH has been a turd and won't get me a cleaning lady.  

I don't know if any of you remember, but there was a discussion about Kinder eggs on here a long time ago.  Something about them being so good, but illegal in the U.S.  Peeps talking about sneaking them over the border after visits to Canada.

Many of us, myself included, had never heard of Kinder eggs.  But when I started seeing commercials for them, I remembered the posts and decided I had to try one.  It was good!  But, considering I'm not a 5-year-old and just threw the toy away, I thought they were really overpriced and probably wouldn't buy one again.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're currently dog-sitting for my MIL.  I not a fan of her dog (though I'm trying hard to be nice).  She's territorial at her house and it only took her 1 week to decide that our house was her house and she started attacking Yoda.  We now have our entire house fenced and caged off to keep them separate.  They even get separate walks now, just in case (she's usually fine outside, cos it's not her territory), so it's been a huge pain to have her here.  I've been telling MIL that everything is going great and she's no trouble at all so she won't worry while she's away.  Only 10 more days till she's back

• banana468 said:
    I found a hair on my neck the other day that was dark and about 2 inches long.  Chiquita walked into the bathroom as I plucked it and her eyes lit up like Christmas. 

Do your Kinder eggs have toys inside them? Since Kinder Surprise aren’t allowed in the States
  • banana468 said:

Do your Kinder eggs have toys inside them? Since Kinder Surprise aren’t allowed in the States
    Let's just say my kids will feel Canadian this Sunday.

I know them, only because I went through an alternative phase - including Portishead - but I know lots of people who don't know them by name. Some know the songs {remakes - "where is my mind" comes to my head}
    I. LOVE. PORTISHEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • banana468 said:

There are a bunch of places - including Stop & Shop that sell the new Kinder Surprise here in MA. The new ones aren't as awesome as the originals - the toy is within the egg but in a separate shell in the new ones.