Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

FFF

Or open letters.  Or unpop ops, or confessions.  Whatever, let's just get sh*t rollin', y'all!

Confession: my brother is cheating on his girlfriend, and I want to tell her not because I like her and feel she should know, but because I don't like her and I want her to break up with him.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

Re: FFF

• Options
    Confession: I'm kind of mad at DH. My friend's birthday party is tonight and she wants to crash in our guest room. Which is fine, except the house is a disaster since I've been ignoring it due to my school work and apparently I'm the only one who can clean up the clutter. And also? We have to get up at 5:30 tomorrow to go out to Catalina Island. And I can tell he's mad because he wanted to go out and "explore" things today, but FFS, the house is a mess and he has a 4 day weekend. I have a regular weekend. Work with me here.

I'm also kind of mad that I now HAVE to go to my friend's party because it will cost me $15 to get in and I have to wake up at 5:30 tomorrow, but we're rebuilding our friendship, and now I kind of have to see her so I can give her a set of keys. Which I forgot this morning. So really I'll be giving her my set of keys.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    Confession: I wish I had more of a sex drive.  It's always great when we have it, but I'm just not "in the mood" as often as I wish I was.  I'm not sure how to fix that, either.

Sorry if that's TMI.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    Confession: I found FI's collection of Taylor Swift CDs, and I've been listening to them nonstop.  I like her, but I'll lose respect from my nieces if I admit it.
  • Options
    I'm mad that one of our professors thought it was appropriate to wait until 2 weeks before the paper due date to tell us he expects at least 40 pages. Every other seminar of this type (you have to take one to graduate, around 10 offered every semester) requires 20-25. It's my second seminar, so I thought I knew what to expect. 

Confession: One girl in aforementioned class freaked out about the paper length and dropped the class. It's incredibly stupid for 2 reasons: 1) she wasted an entire semester of work and 2) our professor is general counsel for a major corporation, and she is working for him over the summer! The confession part is that I don't even feel a little bad for her, I'm just glad there's one less person for him to curve the grades against. 
  • Options
    Adamar, is that a pile of puppies in your sig?  I WANT.
  • Options
    This is not about a knottie, but a girl I met/hung out with last weekend.  She is the GF of a friend's friend.

She was just so damn annoying. She was upset she is not going to be married with a child by her 25 birthday (in the fall). 

She is upset that if she has children with the guy she is dating will not look like her (not sure how she knows that one).  

She HAS to have a baby soon because no one in her BF's family has made it out of their 60's and he is already 35.    Ugh??

She is upset her BF has taken past GF  on vacation  to places she has always wanted to go.  Umm he is 35 years old, stands to reason he has been around the block.

She is jealous of my friend's wedding dress because "It's like the one she picked out for herself"

It goes on and on.  She has only been dating this guy for a little over a year and already has her life planned out with him.  At the same time she is trying to use him as a sugar-daddy.   Was even fired from a job when she did a no show.  The BF at least put that to a stop and made it clear he is not here to support her.   He picks up the checks and stuff when on dates, but he will NOT support her by pay basic living expenses.

I just wanted to shake this girl some sense.  Thank god I do not have to hang out with her on a normal basis, but I do have to spend time with her at my friends wedding.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Confession: I totally went off(vented) to FI about his parents and his sister. She took in a stray cat and it has cause nothing but problems. Now the cat has some illness that she has passed onto FI's dog that lives with his parents. She takes no responsibility for the cat, yet gets upset when anyone complains about it and throws a fit. I feel bad for vent to FI.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-66?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:f507d650-f36f-49fe-94b8-c0d377889678Post:96c0b276-b9e4-491e-9382-8b8c09256f0e">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Adamar, is that a pile of puppies in your sig?  I WANT.
    Posted by specialk84[/QUOTE]

It is :)  They are the best friends ever.  It's a good thing Shea and I got married, because if we had broken up and split up the dogs, we would have had some depressed puppies on our hands.

• Options
    Two things -

What is FFF? Looks like fun and I want to play.

Adamar - LOVE YOUR PUPS!  I have a little red daschund too, and he's my bestie.
  • Options
    I confess that I thought I was alright with the whole dead dad 15th anniversary thing tomorrow until I listened to a song this morning in my office and the grief hit me like a freight train. Now I've spent the rest of the morning holed up in my office trying to hide from people because I'm an emotional wreck that just need to get in a good cry and I can't because I'm at work. I thought about going out to my car for a bit, but when the flood gates open I usually can't close them. I don't want to come back in red eyed and red faced with my makeup all smeared. Blah.

At least we get out at 3:30 today.
  • Options
    Adamar:  My exH and I had a retriever/mastiff/rotweiler mix that we adopted from a friend of his and a mini-doxie that was his father's.  They were best of buddies - the doxie (Peanut) loved Dozier to death!  She would hold his tennis ball just with her teeth playing "keep away" and he would sit there trying everything to get her to drop the ball.  They would curl up together, with Peanut snuggled up next to her belly. 

Love puppies - getting one soon!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I confess that I wore a regular shirt today and it was a mistake. In fact, it's the sweater I'm wearing in my siggy below. You think my boobs look ridiculous there? It's insanity now. I've been wearing maternity shirts because the boobs and the bloat will NOT be contained otherwise.

I feel like flaming anyone who has the day off today. Including Mr. Panda, who is out golfing somewhere.

Open Letter to my office mate: If you get me sick again, I will cut you. Why did you come into the office hacking like that?

My unpopular opinion: I think putting a harness on your kid is actually fine, provided the following things are true: your kid actually WANTS to walk (you are not DRAGGING them), you are not in a crowded place where the lead will get in everyone's way. I think it lets the kids have a lot more freedom/room to explore than constantly holding their hand does. Does it look undignified? Sure. But so does a diaper.
  • Options
    I confess that my advisor just scheduled my thesis defense date and I'm about to either puke or cry. I've known this was coming forever. It's going to be great. It means I get to flip this place the bird and leave. So why am I sitting in my office shaking like a damn leaf?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-66?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f507d650-f36f-49fe-94b8-c0d377889678Post:26d6d6f5-3944-4bd9-90b0-2368195160e5">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Two things -<strong> What is FFF?</strong> Looks like fun and I want to play. Adamar - LOVE YOUR PUPS!  I have a little red daschund too, and he's my bestie.
    Posted by morrisonFTW[/QUOTE]

Flame Free Friday.

Got flames? Here is the place to get them out.
  • Options
    <strong>In</strong> Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-66?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:f507d650-f36f-49fe-94b8-c0d377889678Post:c77dafe2-4fe0-479f-86ed-d87ba055d28d">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess that I wore a regular shirt today and it was a mistake. In fact, it's the sweater I'm wearing in my siggy below. You think my boobs look ridiculous there? It's insanity now. I've been wearing maternity shirts because the boobs and the bloat will NOT be contained otherwise. I feel like flaming anyone who has the day off today. Including Mr. Panda, who is out golfing somewhere. Open Letter to my office mate: If you get me sick again, I will cut you. Why did you come into the office hacking like that? <strong>My unpopular opinion: I think putting a harness on your kid is actually fine, provided the following things are true: your kid actually WANTS to walk (you are not DRAGGING them), you are not in a crowded place where the lead will get in everyone's way. I think it lets the kids have a lot more freedom/room to explore than constantly holding their hand does. Does it look undignified? Sure. But so does a diaper.
    </strong>Posted by mandapanda78[/QUOTE]

I agree with you on this on panda.  My oldest son LOVED to run when he was little, especially in crowded stores.  I had a leash/harness thing for him - had to.  When a parent commented about it, I would say "Tell you what - I will unhook him when you take that hideous looking pacifier out of your 4 yr. old's mouth."

He hid from me in a Kmart once and I did not find him for 10 minutes!  I was shaking so bad, petrified that someone had grabbed him.  He was hiding on a shelf behind some diaper boxes.  He laughed until I yanked him outta there and spanked his butt and strapped him into the cart.  His father had set him down "for just a moment" and he was gone. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Abbey, mine play like crazy!  I get so scared sometimes that Elmo (mini-doxie) is going to get hurt again.  Sadie (albino Doberman) likes to pin him down sometimes when they play, and I have a mini-heart attack and yell at her to stop. Baloo (dark mix of everything) is the most laid back, awesome dog ever. 

I'm doing FFF wrong.

• Options
    *hugs* Birdie.

I don't think I have anything interesting to really say today. I want Easter candy, like woah, but I'm trying to diet because none of my clothes fit.
    I'd almost rather buy new clothes then fit into my old ones. There, I guess that's my confession.
  • Options
    I flame my office for handing out easter chocolate. Uh oh, spaghetti-ohs.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I confess I am excited about moving, but scared that my income (I received a job offer yesterday - yay!) will not support us while H looks for a job if he ends up leaving his current company. He assures me it will.  I am just so torn b/c while I think it is a good company, he is not happy and doing what he wants to so I guess its time to move on. They have had their warning and chance to find him something at the central Ohio office that he is qualified for and we have only been let down.
  • Options
    AbbeyS2011AbbeyS2011 member
    First Comment
    edited April 2011
    Oh, I also have a flame.

I flame the sports writer who wrote about a baseball player taking time off so he could be with his wife while she gave birth to their daughter.

According to the writer, the player and his wife should have "scheduled" the pregnancy and birth around the season. 

http://thebiglead.com/index.php/2011/04/21/colby-lewis-takes-paternity-leave-dallas-writer-finds-it-ludicrous/
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I confess that when TK gave me the site maintenance page a few minutes ago, I was really upset because i know without TK my work days will drag on like crazy.

I also confess that I had a 2 hour dentist appointment yesterday, and didn't tell my boss, so I was techinically "working" the whole time I was there, and getting paid for it. 

I flame madgethemighty or whatever her name is.  She started annoying me in the governemnt shutdown thread a few weeks ago when she kept acting like she had all the answers for the budget, when she clearly had no idea what she was talking about.  And now she has clearly decided she likes the E board, and likes to come into every post and basically say "screw etiquette, it's YOUR day, so do what you want."  Ummm, i think you are lost.  
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    ::: hugs Birdie::: I sent you a FB message.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-66?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f507d650-f36f-49fe-94b8-c0d377889678Post:07b831cd-7c52-4578-8841-0d33733e40b8">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh, I also have a flame. I flame the sports writer who wrote about a baseball player taking time off so he could be with his wife while she gave birth to their daughter. <strong>According to the writer, the player and his wife should have "scheduled" the pregnancy and birth around the season. </strong>
    Posted by AbbeyS2011[/QUOTE]

This makes me roll my eyes, hardcore. What a douche.
  • Options
    Oh, Birdie. No one will fault you for going to your car to cry it out. I understand, because when I have a good cry, I also end up with snot running down my face and red eyes and the works. Definitely not dignified, but really understandable. i'd say "stay strong and get through the day!" but seriously, I don't think you have to stay strong on a day like today. Deal with your emotions however you need to.
    my read shelf:
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-66?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:f507d650-f36f-49fe-94b8-c0d377889678Post:6dab034e-0239-405e-bbac-cea443eba547">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess that when TK gave me the site maintenance page a few minutes ago, I was really upset because i know without TK my work days will drag on like crazy.   
    Posted by dnbeach12[/QUOTE]

Ditto this.  I had a panicky moment.  I even went over to TN and TB to see if they were working. 

• Options
    My FSIL just announced she was engaged on Facebook by posting all these pics of her "apartment" (she's living in somebody's house) with roses everywhere. There's one of her now-FI sitting on her messy looking pull-out couch bed and there's some roses on it. There's another of their feet on the end of the bed with roses near them. It just looks odd to me. I guess this is an "unpopular opinion" because everyone on FB loves it, but I don't.

I could also just not like it because they've barely been together a month and she insisted she wouldn't rush things. I'm trying to be nice and not judge though...
  • Options
    I confess that the tickers with the fruits are really starting to freak me out. Every time I look at my morning poppy seed bagel all I see is little teeny babies on my bagel. I used to think they were so cute but now I am not so sure anymore...

No flame yet but I am sure I can find one. What is the rule on cross-board flames because there was some madness on my local this week.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-66?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f507d650-f36f-49fe-94b8-c0d377889678Post:07b831cd-7c52-4578-8841-0d33733e40b8">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh, I also have a flame. I flame the sports writer who wrote about a baseball player taking time off so he could be with his wife while she gave birth to their daughter. According to the writer, the player and his wife should have "scheduled" the pregnancy and birth around the season. 
    Posted by AbbeyS2011[/QUOTE]

Um, yeah, the "paternity leave" they get is literally something between 24 and 72 hours. WTF. It's not like he's taking 8 weeks off, though frankly, I don't care if an athlete does.

TBH, I know people who have scheduled their children for different times of year - like over the summer for people who are teachers - but most people don't have that luxury due to having problems conceiving. Douchebag.
    my read shelf:
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-66?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f507d650-f36f-49fe-94b8-c0d377889678Post:e0b2f8ce-2221-44de-bed8-0e654ecfdca5">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess I am excited about moving, but scared that my income (I received a job offer yesterday - yay!) will not support us while H looks for a job if he ends up leaving his current company. He assures me it will.  I am just so torn b/c while I think it is a good company, he is not happy and doing what he wants to so I guess its time to move on. They have had their warning and chance to find him something at the central Ohio office that he is qualified for and we have only been let down.
    Posted by MissySue20[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I completely understand. </div><div>
    </div><div>Whenever we move to the states our combined income will take a hit. (it's unlikely I will make the same amount of money up there as I do here). Between DH's salary and LCOL we should be fine, but I'm going to be stressed about it until we actually live it.</div><div>
    </div><div>

</div>

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    I'm also doing it wrong, but I totally flame Noodle for forgetting to put some video game that he apparently bought for $60 in our Clear Checkbook account, which means that a bunch of stupid litttle piddly sh*t like coffee and McDonald's bounced and we just got hit with one hundred and forty f*cking dollars in overdraft fees. 

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards