Chit Chat
Options

TKzillas

so whats up with the posters who are so freaking critical on these forums anyway? LOL I mean, state your opinion, "quote" someone if you have an additional comment or what not, but DAMN!!! I Seen some posters going IN and getting so nasty with other posters. I think everyone needs to just keep it light. State your opinion & keep it moving. Wedding planning is stressful enough nevermind the unnecessary negative vibes from a website people go to for support! #JustSayin

BTW Yes-I did just use a hashtag on here. I'm a social media queen-don't judge! LOL :)

Re: TKzillas

• Options
    Emmy1493 said:
    Have you ever heard the term, "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen?" Same goes when posting on internet forums, where strangers will give you very (sometimes) blunt, but honest answers. No one comes here with the purpose of being critical, or bitchy. That's on you how you take it. If you do not like the answers, you do have the option of closing the screen and signing off, or not posting. 

If you come on here asking questions, you will get honest answers. No one is going to sugar coat it for you, but if you like it that way, wedding wire and wedding bee are quite nice in that department.
    You must be one of them LOL-I made this post in a joking way being it is the "chit chat" board. I have received MUCH helpful info both blunt and nicely put so regardless i will continue to use this site. But go on any discussion-peoples points have long ago been made and posters still for some reason get nasty. And i can plenty handle the heat so check your tude at the door.
  • Options
    Alh728 said:

so whats up with the posters who are so freaking critical on these forums anyway? LOL I mean, state your opinion, "quote" someone if you have an additional comment or what not, but DAMN!!! I Seen some posters going IN and getting so nasty with other posters. I think everyone needs to just keep it light. State your opinion & keep it moving. Wedding planning is stressful enough nevermind the unnecessary negative vibes from a website people go to for support! #JustSayin

BTW Yes-I did just use a hashtag on here. I'm a social media queen-don't judge! LOL :)

I dunno, what's up with all the posters who post on these boards claiming to want advice or opinions, yet what they really want is validation for their terrible and rude ideas, and so when they received criticism for their ideas they lash out at everyone, call the posters bitches, claim they were bullied and attacked, and pretty much throw an all out diva fit?

What's up with all of the posters who read the threads and then come over here to start yet another thread about how mean and bitchy everyone on TK Is, and then proceed to tell us how we should post? #trolling

And why do people think they need "support" for wedding planning and their wedding, something that is supposed to be fun and joyous?  You only need support for the shitty things in life- terminal illnesses, deaths, financial hardship, becoming homeless, etc.

Who said i was referring to people not accepting advice? I have accepted much advice from, nasty-YES nasty posters I'm just making a point that the attitude isn't necessary. SO glad you commented though because you are one of the rude posters i was referring to! I made a nice light post and you helped me show the true colors of some TK users.

#CASEINPOINT

• Options
    Alh728 said:
    Emmy1493 said:
    Have you ever heard the term, "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen?" Same goes when posting on internet forums, where strangers will give you very (sometimes) blunt, but honest answers. No one comes here with the purpose of being critical, or bitchy. That's on you how you take it. If you do not like the answers, you do have the option of closing the screen and signing off, or not posting. 

If you come on here asking questions, you will get honest answers. No one is going to sugar coat it for you, but if you like it that way, wedding wire and wedding bee are quite nice in that department.
    You must be one of them LOL-I made this post in a joking way being it is the "chit chat" board. I have received MUCH helpful info both blunt and nicely put so regardless i will continue to use this site. But go on any discussion-peoples points have long ago been made and posters still for some reason get nasty. And i can plenty handle the heat so check your tude at the door.
    Sorry, I don't find passive aggressive shit stirring funny, no matter if it is in this forum.

When you start a fight, you are going to get attitude from people, why so surprised?

I wasn't starting a fight? Wanna re-read my original post you miserable ass forum troll?!
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Alh728 said:
    Emmy1493 said:

Yeah, no one really cares for these types of posts. They don't go over well. And the hashtags are annoying. 
  • Options
    Alh728 said:
    Emmy1493 said:

Yeah, no one really cares for these types of posts. They don't go over well. And the hashtags are annoying. 
    But whats disappointing is this is not what I was trying to post about :( I was just amking a general statement. And i know not everyone is about the hashtags but im young and enjoy them LOL!!
  • Options
    #beinghonestisntrude

You're right. I am not referring to honest opinion posters, i am referring to some people who post with literally nothing nice to say, literally tearing peoples opinions apart. And there is a bit of  difference! That is all...
  • Options
    Alh728 said:
    Alh728 said:

I dunno, what's up with all the posters who post on these boards claiming to want advice or opinions, yet what they really want is validation for their terrible and rude ideas, and so when they received criticism for their ideas they lash out at everyone, call the posters bitches, claim they were bullied and attacked, and pretty much throw an all out diva fit?

What's up with all of the posters who read the threads and then come over here to start yet another thread about how mean and bitchy everyone on TK Is, and then proceed to tell us how we should post? #trolling

And why do people think they need "support" for wedding planning and their wedding, something that is supposed to be fun and joyous?  You only need support for the shitty things in life- terminal illnesses, deaths, financial hardship, becoming homeless, etc.

Who said i was referring to people not accepting advice? I have accepted much advice from, nasty-YES nasty posters I'm just making a point that the attitude isn't necessary. SO glad you commented though because you are one of the rude posters i was referring to! I made a nice light post and you helped me show the true colors of some TK users.

#CASEINPOINT

How in the world do you think a post titled TKzillas is nice or light? 
    Why would you think the subject of your OP would be construed as nice and light?

Do you think you are the 1st person to try and troll the forums like this?  Of course I'm going to respond to you in a bitchy manner because you are just being rude and lame.

#URNOTORIGINAL

If I'm rude, there must be quite the adjective for you! LOL and yes just like there are bridezillas (forgot what TK users refer to these brides as) that energy transcends to TK posts. But this isn't getting anywhere...
  • Options
    Emmy1493 said:

ITB: Oh, I have checked my "'tude" at the door. And I do not know what you mean by "one of them." If you mean by member, then yes, if you mean a TK-zilla, then no. I am actually pretty nice I feel. Check most of my answers on posts and discussions. I am only blunt and honest when need be. But feel free to generalize everyone in a grouping because you seek validation, and rainbows and butterflies. Good day, troll-zies.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options

What was the point of this post again?

Minion What?
    Minions! Best part of this thread by far.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    IDK what to say to y'all. I did not post this for any sort of validation-did i look for any advice on this post? I was making a general statement after looking at other peoples discussions that unnecessarly became very heated.
  • Options
    Alh728 said:
    #beinghonestisntrude

You're right. I am not referring to honest opinion posters, i am referring to some people who post with literally nothing nice to say, literally tearing peoples opinions apart. And there is a bit of  difference! That is all...
    I suggest you go through my posting history and re-read my 1st response here, before swearing at me.

I am definitely not a troll, and while my responses aren't always warm and fuzzy all of the time, especially not when being baited, I'm not always "nasty" either.

Have a Margarita or a Xanax and chiiiiiiiiiill. Sheesh.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    #YouDon'tInternetMuchDoYou

I really do try to get my point across somewhat gently, because I want people to consider other people's opinions rather than flounce off. More often than not though, people flounce off just for disagreement.

For example, I just saw a thread where someone was told it's not a great idea to have a 6pm wedding that doesn't serve food, and warned that while dry weddings are fine, she should probably expect the reception to be shorter than most. Her reaction:

And not long ago, someone lamented that she didn't have anyone she really wanted to ask for a bridesmaid but felt compelled to have some to keep sides even. People told her she didn't really need bridesmaids if she didn't want them. Her reaction (because we were supposed to conjure up some new besties, I guess?):

And she started a thread just like this one!

So yeah... if someone posts, say, a pic of something they like, probably no one will say anything if not asked. But if you ask for advice, don't get pissed if you don't like it. Admit you're looking for validation, not advice, and move the heck on. 
  • Options
    Alh728 said:
    IDK what to say to y'all. I did not post this for any sort of validation-did i look for any advice on this post? I was making a general statement after looking at other peoples discussions that unnecessarly became very heated.
    What did you think was going to happen when you called people out for basically being bitches to other posters?

#fuckhashtags
    I made a general post about people being rude (in other discussions-not even mine/my comments) and that i didn't think it was necessary. That was all. I didn't refer to anyone as a bitch (i don't think at all) until people started taking my post the wrong way. There was no malicious intent behind this discussion. Basically was trying to say that you can give your opinion/honest/real/blunt without being entirely rude and somehow turned on me. Iam really not trying to cyber fight with anyone so I don't really know what else to say...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards