Snarky Brides
Options

I don't care that no one is here, can we do Unpop Ops?

123457»

Re: I don't care that no one is here, can we do Unpop Ops?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dont-care-one-here-can-unpop-ops?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:927e973a-8a21-4e11-8b7b-2f6e00fa37c4Post:4c296477-7eb1-4468-8df5-ca250c44dd00">Re: I don't care that no one is here, can we do Unpop Ops?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hetshup- I totally agree with you about Michelle Duggar. When you put your life and your baby's life in danger, enough is enough. Seriously. My UO- Any vodka is good vodka, even if it's shittay. ('Tis what I'm drinking now.)
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Is it from the plastic gallon bottle of mcCormicks? *shudder*</div>
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Ha, no. I don't drink that schit anymore. That was the drink of choice in college.
  • Options
    My mom was allowed to be a picky eater as a kid, her mom humoured her and to this day she is picky. She wont eat chicken, pork, or seafood. She doesnt eat a lot of vegetables because she doesnt like the texture. She would rather just eat carbs or soup, or something easy that she has grown comfortable with. She finally admitted to me that it makes her conditions (she isnt allowed a lot of different kinds of foods because of high blood pressure and medications she is on) really hard to handle because all the foods she should/can eat she doesnt like and all the ones she prefers to eat arent allowed. She does anyways, knows its bad for her, but she hates the other things.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dont-care-one-here-can-unpop-ops?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:927e973a-8a21-4e11-8b7b-2f6e00fa37c4Post:e443734b-f2bf-4096-a380-85d701b5d29d">Re: I don't care that no one is here, can we do Unpop Ops?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My mom was allowed to be a picky eater as a kid, her mom humoured her and to this day she is picky. She wont eat chicken, pork, or seafood. She doesnt eat a lot of vegetables because she doesnt like the texture. She would rather just eat carbs or soup, or something easy that she has grown comfortable with. She finally admitted to me that it makes her conditions (she isnt allowed a lot of different kinds of foods because of high blood pressure and medications she is on) really hard to handle because all the foods she should/can eat she doesnt like and all the ones she prefers to eat arent allowed. She does anyways, knows its bad for her, but she hates the other things.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>That's exactly what I mean, but humoring a picky child you could very well be putting their health at risk. </div><div>
    </div><div>Also, I'm thinking about throwing a "drink only what you drank in college", it's an awesome, yet terrible idea</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dont-care-one-here-can-unpop-ops?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:927e973a-8a21-4e11-8b7b-2f6e00fa37c4Post:12e5a733-195a-42f1-8bdc-ddd21777a92a">Re: I don't care that no one is here, can we do Unpop Ops?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I don't care that no one is here, can we do Unpop Ops? : That's exactly what I mean, but humoring a picky child you could very well be putting their health at risk.  <strong>Also, I'm thinking about throwing a "drink only what you drank in college", it's an awesome, yet terrible idea</strong>
    Posted by hetshup[/QUOTE]

Mmmmm, Busch Light.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    I'm personally offended at all you haters who hate cranberry sauce.  I AM DELICIOUS.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dont-care-one-here-can-unpop-ops?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:927e973a-8a21-4e11-8b7b-2f6e00fa37c4Post:08037fc1-7e4a-4c56-8560-ebb270946180">Re: I don't care that no one is here, can we do Unpop Ops?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I don't care that no one is here, can we do Unpop Ops? : Mmmmm, Busch Light.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]
    OMG. Worst college memories ever. Well not really cause I can't remember what I did after drinking a case of that.
  • Options
    H would drink blue coconut Boone's Farm and I would have to drink raspberry schmirnoff Ice twisted. 

We would also have to play quarters with Old Crow. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dont-care-one-here-can-unpop-ops?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:927e973a-8a21-4e11-8b7b-2f6e00fa37c4Post:4c296477-7eb1-4468-8df5-ca250c44dd00">Re: I don't care that no one is here, can we do Unpop Ops?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hetshup- I totally agree with you about Michelle Duggar. <strong>When you put your life and your baby's life in danger, enough is enough.</strong> Seriously. My UO- Any vodka is good vodka, even if it's shittay. ('Tis what I'm drinking now.)
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]

I disagree with this sentiment in regards to having a premie baby. As far as we know she did absolutely nothing to cause the premature birth and probably kept herself in much better health than a portion of current pregnancies which make it to full term. Yes she has had tons of kids, but she and her husband are able to financially support all of them without govt assistance and, from what I've seen/heard, they are incredible kids/young adults.

Many people have premature babies and then go on to have perfectly happy full term births. 18 former kids aside, it's not like she did anything wrong or purposefully caused harm to her child.
  • Options
    I'm late, but LTZ: I totally agree with you about the milk thing, and I like milk. You know what milk is for? Babies. I find it incredibly strange that not only do we drink another mammal's milk, we continue to do it well into adulthood just because it's tasty. It's weird. And really, if you need calcium, eat some broccoli or other vegetables that have way more than milk does.
  • Options
    Oh yeah, and Any reminded me...I hate milk.

Don't quote me on this because it's been a while, but I remember learning that humans drank milk out of necessity because we did not have much fat in our diet. I know in the middle east goat/camel milk is regularly given to malnurished children or adults but not consumed in the quantities we consume it in the US. I also remember reading that something like 95% of the world is lactose intolerant, with 4% of the tolerant ones being in North America and Europe.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dont-care-one-here-can-unpop-ops?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:927e973a-8a21-4e11-8b7b-2f6e00fa37c4Post:e9c76766-695c-441e-888b-1d7f553b3729">Re: I don't care that no one is here, can we do Unpop Ops?</a>:
    [QUOTE] <div>Also, cew, I know you didn't mean anything by it, but the phrase "a life time of fuckedupedness" kinda bugged me, when you could just say "long term problems". I'm just sensitive about this topic though.</div>Posted by reddy123[/QUOTE]

What about it bugged you? You should know me well enough to know that I'm not the most eloquent conversationalist. I'm sorry it bugged you. I would never want to be insensitive to someone that was touched by this topic but that seems like a stretch.
  • Options
    reddy123reddy123 member
    First Comment
    edited November 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dont-care-one-here-can-unpop-ops?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:927e973a-8a21-4e11-8b7b-2f6e00fa37c4Post:ebf4c4cb-45ce-4232-971f-fed732f4bc0b">Re: I don't care that no one is here, can we do Unpop Ops?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I don't care that no one is here, can we do Unpop Ops? : What about it bugged you?<strong> </strong>You should know me well enough to know that I'm not the most eloquent conversationalist. I'm sorry it bugged you. I would never want to be insensitive to someone that was touched by this topic but that <strong>seems like a stretch.</strong>
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

<div>No, you are right, I am being too sensitive, but imagine if someone called your life that. "Fuckedupedness" just sounds so horrible/incurable/no hope, but re-reading it you were trying to make that point and I see that now. </div>
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dont-care-one-here-can-unpop-ops?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:927e973a-8a21-4e11-8b7b-2f6e00fa37c4Post:7e1f4b63-4489-4472-a4b6-576c829eb78e">Re: I don't care that no one is here, can we do Unpop Ops?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I don't care that no one is here, can we do Unpop Ops? : No, you are right, I am being too sensitive, but imagine if someone called your life that. "Fuckedupedness" just sounds so horrible/incurable/no hope, but re-reading it you were trying to make that point and I see that now. 
    Posted by reddy123[/QUOTE]

And I get what you're saying too. Believe it or not, it kept me up last night because it kills me to think that I was insensitive. I should have thought more before I typed it. I'm sorry.
  • Options
    Aww. No! If it makes you feel any better I stayed up wondering if my life was really that f*cked up. I'm just way too sensitive, I admit it.

Internet fail, party of two. :P
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to Re: I don't care that no one is here, can we do Unpop Ops?:
    [QUOTE]PETA are freaking nutcases and I will not believe 90% of the videos they post on the internet or television. I have seen way too many documented cases where PETA members (higher ups, not local crazies) would do shiit like blow up pet stores (with animals and people in them) or take every animal out of a shelter and then euthanize them because "it was better than any life they would get otherwise'. I also had a member of PETA on my ass for 2 years when I worked at a pet store because she said we were abusing our animals (we weren't, and you guys know me enough to know I would NEVER hurt an animal). She also broke into one of my quarantine rooms with a crowbar and set our sick, baby cockatiel (who was being handfed per vet orders) loose in the freaking store. We found him 30 minutes later when a dog had chased him under a shelf and was barking. I think, for me, it largely depends on what the sex offender's crime was. Being 19 and having sex with a 16 year old (consentual), whatever. Urinating outside at a frat party and getting caught, whatever. Raping someone? Not whatever.
    Posted by katiewhompus[/QUOTE]

I also posted a link from the Humane Society. Are they not credible either?
    Because everyone just seems to be ignoring that link and focusing on the PETA one.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dont-care-one-here-can-unpop-ops?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:927e973a-8a21-4e11-8b7b-2f6e00fa37c4Post:81260dd9-1d58-46f8-a2de-00943fa70141">Re: I don't care that no one is here, can we do Unpop Ops?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm late, but LTZ: I totally agree with you about the milk thing, and I like milk. You know what milk is for? Babies. I find it incredibly strange that not only do we drink another mammal's milk, we continue to do it well into adulthood just because it's tasty. It's weird. And really, if you need calcium, eat some broccoli or other vegetables that have way more than milk does.
    Posted by Anysunrise[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what I was trying to say but I don't think I said it as well.  : )
  • Options
     [QUOTE ]  I also posted a link from the Humane Society. Are they not credible either? Because everyone just seems to be ignoring that link and focusing on the PETA one.
    Posted by LessThanZero[/QUOTE]

That was weird, it quoted my quote and your quote, TB style.

I just focus on PETA because of their antics. I don't feel like I know enough about the slaughter house/processing/housing plants to make a good arguement with that example.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dont-care-one-here-can-unpop-ops?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:927e973a-8a21-4e11-8b7b-2f6e00fa37c4Post:d1bc0a73-de1b-46d2-a1ed-eda2138306a3">Re: I don't care that no one is here, can we do Unpop Ops?</a>:
    [QUOTE] [QUOTE ]  I also posted a link from the Humane Society. Are they not credible either? Because everyone just seems to be ignoring that link and focusing on the PETA one. Posted by LessThanZero[/QUOTE] That was weird, it quoted my quote and your quote, TB style. I just focus on PETA because of their antics. I don't feel like I know enough about the slaughter house/processing/housing plants to make a good arguement with that example.
    Posted by katiewhompus[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, ok. I guess I just tried to back up my point and instead it started to become a PETA is crazy topic (which is true) but not what I was trying to show. Does that make sense? I don't know, I'm a little bit hungover still.  : )
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dont-care-one-here-can-unpop-ops?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:927e973a-8a21-4e11-8b7b-2f6e00fa37c4Post:00955fd9-ee7e-4020-946c-675fa454f46d">Re: I don't care that no one is here, can we do Unpop Ops?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Aww. No! If it makes you feel any better I stayed up wondering if my life was really that f*cked up. I'm just way too sensitive, I admit it. Internet fail, party of two. :P
    Posted by reddy123[/QUOTE]

Awww. Let's snuggle.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards