Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

unpopular opinions

Re: unpopular opinions

• Options
    I have an awful memory for pop culture stuff.  I watch a movie and the next day it's gone.  I rarely remember character names, much less quotes and I couldn't care less. 

It's so bad that the other day I started reading a book thinking, "this is familiar..."

Yeah.  Found it on my shelf at home.  I've already read it.

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_unpopular-opinions-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:0629bf9c-8646-4481-bdd5-c9393201cd04Post:6ec9ed80-743b-449c-9b4c-a65f181d7bfc">Re: unpopular opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: unpopular opinions : I hate this too. And when they complain about the paint colors and carpet like they have to tear down the whole wall to fix it. And why does everyone need an office?! "Oh, this would be a perfect room for my office." I have never once thought that I need an at-home office. It's called a guest room with my computer and files.
    Posted by waltzingmatilda13[/QUOTE]
    I know. those shows make me stabbity. and they dicker over $2,000. how is that going to matter in monthly payments over 30 years?? logic, people.
    and they always get the house. AND a housewarming gift, that they ALWAYS act surprised to get.
    I hate that show. I keep watching in the hopes that someone doesn't get the house.
  • Options
    I cry for Forrest! HE LOVES HER SO MUCH.

And Alix, considering your taste in...manpires, I think if you think he's ugly, I'm doing all right. AND?!? I saw that vantriloquist! What's his name..Jeff Dunham! He was hilarious.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    LabrnrLabrnr member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_unpopular-opinions-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:0629bf9c-8646-4481-bdd5-c9393201cd04Post:ad6fa1fc-f6fb-4cdc-bf07-649089ff297c">Re: unpopular opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I hate (HATE!) strapless wedding gowns. They all look the same to me. I refused to try a single one on.
    Posted by waltzingmatilda13[/QUOTE]

Ditto.  I used to love them when they first came out, now it's like a song that's over played on the radio.

I bought a strapless RD dress though, love it!
    Visit The Nest! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I don't get the big deal with buffalo/hot wings.  It requires a whole lot of effort and mess to get a tiny bit of food that is not that great.  Call me lazy, but fuuck that noise.  If I want buffalo chicken, I'll have the sandwich, thanks.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_unpopular-opinions-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:0629bf9c-8646-4481-bdd5-c9393201cd04Post:7302f728-b02d-47bf-8d1a-61ef340a82fe">Re: unpopular opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]H(erbert) and I have two computers and we're working on getting a server put together as well which would make 3 computers.  Eventually the home theatre will also be run by a 4th computer. We have an office.  We can't afford a house with a spare room big enough to fit 4 desks and bedroom furniture.
    Posted by wadingmoose[/QUOTE]

Well I'm thinking that most of these people are looking for some place to put the laptop we see them using in the beginning looking for houses online along with their 1 filing cabinet for important documents. I think mose people just want an office to say they have an office. And I can't even afford a house right now at all.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_unpopular-opinions-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:0629bf9c-8646-4481-bdd5-c9393201cd04Post:f3887a75-3a6c-4598-b5e1-f1ed088d58dd">Re: unpopular opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: unpopular opinions : I never saw Precious, but based on Oprah's recommendation, I don't think i'd like it.
    Posted by msmerymac[/QUOTE]

I didn't see it either, because I read a full synopsis online and knew I would hate it and it would make me sick to my stomach.
    and I don't like Oprah. and I HATE tyler perry.
  • Options
    What is Trader Joe's?  I hear about it on here all the time and I have no clue.  Is it like a Whole Foods or Central Market?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_unpopular-opinions-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:0629bf9c-8646-4481-bdd5-c9393201cd04Post:72e98261-4b4f-4d6a-9fcc-2f856b4a5521">Re: unpopular opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: unpopular opinions : PRETTY sure she was being funny about the twilight/nazi thing.
    Posted by laladypoet[/QUOTE]

Maybe my funny recognition brain software is on the fritz today.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Alix reminded me. I hate Jeff Dunham. Not funny.
  • Options
    I don't delve in anything fantasy-related in terms of film and books. No Harry Potter, no Star Wars, no Twilight.  If it involves time travel, witches, blood sucking, or aliens, I'm totally bored.

I'm in a tournament level Scrabble club, have broken 500 numerous times, and am proud of this fact.
    Scrabble high score: 531
  • Options
    salt78salt78 member
    First Comment
    edited July 2010
    I just hate ventriloquism in general. Even more than I hate mimes.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Juxtaposition, here's why your argument is faulty - how much actual work do you think the typical person with a 9-5 job does during the day? Most probably don't do 8 hours of work. So... there's that. Also, as someone with almost-a-masters in a teaching field, I would not feel prepared to teach a class. One-on-one, I can explain my subject matter. Teaching certificates involve not only hands-on experience, but dealing with administration, discipline, etc, etc. Unless you major in education, in which case you're probably on a second track to earn a teaching certificate along with your degree.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    Pshaw, you can't tell me this isn't goh-jus:

Also, 30 Days of Night scared the bejeesus out of me. DS did a fantastic job, but I'll stick to the graphic novel, it's not as horrifying.

And I love Jeff Dunham, I can drop "I keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel you" into almost any conversation and it never gets unfunny.
  • Options
    I don't like spicy food.  I don't see the point.  I also think it's funny when people get all competitive about how spicy they like their food.

OMG, no... someone can eat spicier food than you!  Your life is over.  Just end it now so I don't have to listen to you fuucking whine anymore.

• Options
    salt78salt78 member
    First Comment
    Thank you, Alix!!!!! <3
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_unpopular-opinions-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:0629bf9c-8646-4481-bdd5-c9393201cd04Post:becba417-da32-418b-b8b3-fdb783262f5b">Re: unpopular opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]What is Trader Joe's?  I hear about it on here all the time and I have no clue.  Is it like a Whole Foods or Central Market?
    Posted by steph13055[/QUOTE]

Trader Joes is the devil.  I don't know what Central Market is but it's kinda like Whole Foods, I guess.

Oh, and I like Two and a Half Men.  The earlier episodes crack me up.  The later ones are just dumb.
  • Options
    salt78salt78 member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_unpopular-opinions-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:0629bf9c-8646-4481-bdd5-c9393201cd04Post:d0247db2-76eb-4df6-a14b-76bb27ef6e70">Re: unpopular opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't like spicy food.  I don't see the point.  I also think it's funny when people get all competitive about how spicy they like their food. OMG, no... someone can eat spicier food than you!  Your life is over.  Just end it now so I don't have to listen to you fuucking whine anymore.
    Posted by wadingmoose[/QUOTE]

<div>They have these hot wings at this place near my house and you have to sign a waiver in order to get them. I love spicy food, but I also like to enjoy what I'm eating. What the eff would you want to be in pain while you're eating?</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_unpopular-opinions-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:0629bf9c-8646-4481-bdd5-c9393201cd04Post:65855c54-8341-4c9e-b6fb-21d8f386719f">Re: unpopular opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just hate ventriloquism in general. Even more than I hate mimes.
    Posted by salt78[/QUOTE]
    I hate puppets. and anime. I'm creeped out by both.
    I haven't even seen Team America because of this.
  • Options
    I do not watch nor care to watch American Idol, SYTYCD, DWTS, any of the bachelor/ette shows, etc.

The only reality shows that I like to watch are Biggest Loser, Deadliest Catch, Top Chef and Whale Wars. I could care less if someone finds love on TV.
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_unpopular-opinions-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:0629bf9c-8646-4481-bdd5-c9393201cd04Post:21a74e10-f450-4d5f-b432-fdda297328f9">Re: unpopular opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Pshaw, you can't tell me this isn't goh-jus: Also, 30 Days of Night scared the bejeesus out of me. DS did a fantastic job, but I'll stick to the graphic novel, it's not as horrifying. And I love Jeff Dunham, I can drop "I keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel you" into almost any conversation and it never gets unfunny.
    Posted by alixzafiris[/QUOTE]

Alix...that's not gorgeous.  Or gah-jus.  It just isn't.

But it's ok, because I also love Jeff Dunham so we're good.

• Options
    I loved 30 Days of Night despite the fact that I really dislike Melissa George ever since she was on Alias.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    salt78salt78 member
    First Comment
    My favorite reality show is Top Model, although I want to push Tyra down a flight of stairs. 
  • Options
    I laugh every time I see sabatron post.  Just because I get to say Sabatron in my head.

Sabatron...sabatron....sabatron...

Yup.  Still funny.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_unpopular-opinions-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:0629bf9c-8646-4481-bdd5-c9393201cd04Post:5172e27f-b951-4632-8ac4-40f581c37348">Re: unpopular opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I do not watch nor care to watch American Idol, SYTYCD, DWTS, any of the bachelor/ette shows, etc. The only reality shows that I like to watch are Biggest Loser, Deadliest Catch, Top Chef and Whale Wars. I could care less if someone finds love on TV.
    Posted by smokeybailey[/QUOTE]

I love you for the first part.

The second part downgraded that to like.

Reality TV sucks.

• Options
    I also don't really like Ren-Fest. and I really really judge people who get married there.

I have gotten wasted at Ren-Fest though, and that was fun. but getting drunk and talking to a brick wall is also fun for me, so...
  • Options
    I enjoyed Jeff Dunham's stand-up, but didn't he have a TV show? That was horrible.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_unpopular-opinions-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:0629bf9c-8646-4481-bdd5-c9393201cd04Post:ad6fa1fc-f6fb-4cdc-bf07-649089ff297c">Re: unpopular opinions</a>:
    <div class="Discussion_PostQuote">I hate (HATE!) strapless wedding gowns. They all look the same to me. I refused to try a single one on.
    Posted by waltzingmatilda13</div>
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_unpopular-opinions-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:0629bf9c-8646-4481-bdd5-c9393201cd04Post:8a384dba-e8cf-44ca-991c-b7d166d6ca73">Re: unpopular opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: unpopular opinions : Ditto.  I used to love them when they first came out, now it's like a song that's over played on the radio. I bought a strapless RD dress though, love it!
    Posted by Labrnr[/QUOTE]

See this makes no sense to me. Fashion-wise, straps do not define style of dress. I mean really, compare I dunno, my dress and Mandy's dress or Fische's dress. All strapless. All totally different in every other way. They don't look the same at all, straps don't make the style of dress one bit.
  • Options
    salt78salt78 member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_unpopular-opinions-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:0629bf9c-8646-4481-bdd5-c9393201cd04Post:6daa0cb6-288c-4f99-889e-886be1d49eb9">Re: unpopular opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I laugh every time I see sabatron post.  Just because I get to say Sabatron in my head. Sabatron...sabatron....sabatron... Yup.  Still funny.
    Posted by AmoroAgain[/QUOTE]

<div>It makes me think of Transformers. </div>
  • Options
    I love "Dumb and Dumber." It was on again last night and I was literally LOLing.

I despise Patrick Dempsey, Ellen Pompeo and practically everyone involved with "Grey's Anatomy." I race to change the channel before it comes on.

I don't understand SAHWs.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards