Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

unpopular opinions

Re: unpopular opinions

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_unpopular-opinions-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:0629bf9c-8646-4481-bdd5-c9393201cd04Post:5172e27f-b951-4632-8ac4-40f581c37348">Re: unpopular opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I do not watch nor care to watch American Idol, SYTYCD, DWTS, any of the bachelor/ette shows, etc. The only reality shows that I like to watch are Biggest Loser, Deadliest Catch, Top Chef and Whale Wars. I could care less if someone finds love on TV.
    Posted by smokeybailey[/QUOTE]
    I love Top Chef. although I have my doubts about this season being any good
  • Options
    Oh and I hate circuses (even the Cirque) and parades.  OH, and clowns.  You're not funny with your big shoes and small cars.

Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• Options
    There hasn't been anything really good on TV since The West Wing ended. 
  • Options
    I hate all scary, gory or otherwise creepy movies. I don't see the point in watching somebody get hacked to pieces or chased through the woods by a ghost.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I think Bob Marley's music is overrated and I think a lot of people pretend to like it more than they really do because they think they should.

I don't know if Edward or Jacob are attractive because I have no idea who they are.  I have no clue between the difference of True Blood or Twilight and/or if they're books, shows, or movies. I choose to ignore that there's any sort of weird vampire craze going on because I know I wouldn't like it. I hate that sh!t including Harry Potter. I just can't get into it.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_unpopular-opinions-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:0629bf9c-8646-4481-bdd5-c9393201cd04Post:3ca75a92-f54e-4646-ac53-043ae17a363e">Re: unpopular opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: unpopular opinions : I love Top Chef. although I have my doubts about this season being any good
    Posted by laladypoet[/QUOTE]

I agree.  I can't wait to see this week though.  If someone knocked my dish on the ground, I'd have to seriously cut someone.
    Bi-oh-rama

"smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_unpopular-opinions-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:0629bf9c-8646-4481-bdd5-c9393201cd04Post:de8f946b-8481-4b40-9c7b-42c9a2370287">Re: unpopular opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]There hasn't been anything really good on TV since The West Wing ended. 
    Posted by pirategal03[/QUOTE]

I'll see your West Wing and raise you The Wire,.
  • Options
    SOrr, i meant bio-degradable dog bags.  I buy dog bags that come in a roll, but they're just regular plastic bags.  the biodegradable ones are expensive.  i cut corners where i can.  she buys disposable diapers.  still makes me scratch my head.

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • Options
    I can't hear bob marley now without thinking of Will Smif killing his dog in I Am Legend.

which reminds me, I think Will Smif is a great actor. and Adam Sandler. ever see Reign Over Me? it gave me chills.

I hated the movie Crash, and I was pissed when it won an Oscar.

GreenPepper, do you ever post on the IMDB message boards?
  • Options
    salt78salt78 member
    First Comment
    I've never been able to get into Harry Potter either, although I've never read the books. So I might do that. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_unpopular-opinions-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:0629bf9c-8646-4481-bdd5-c9393201cd04Post:3ca75a92-f54e-4646-ac53-043ae17a363e">Re: unpopular opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: unpopular opinions : I love Top Chef. although I have my doubts about this season being any good

Yeah, what's with this season? Why does it seem like everyone sucks?
  • Options
    Oh, I know, I just find the biodegradable dog bags are everywhere around here.  I need to see if I can find the other ones if they're cheaper!

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_unpopular-opinions-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:0629bf9c-8646-4481-bdd5-c9393201cd04Post:b0b92d56-974f-4857-bf2d-fd1ea6700c38">Re: unpopular opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: unpopular opinions : Yeah, what's with this season? Why does it seem like everyone sucks?
    Posted by AmoroAgain[/QUOTE]

There is no red-headed Santa Claus.
  • Options
    ugh. I hate Harry Potter, AND Lord of the Rings. AND Star Wars. AND Star Trek.
    I guess I hate fantasy/sci-fi.

but I love the Twilight Zone and Stephen King, so figure that one out.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_unpopular-opinions-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:0629bf9c-8646-4481-bdd5-c9393201cd04Post:b8ae68e1-3274-4cc5-83df-a9782bdf5678">Re: unpopular opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]ugh. I hate Harry Potter, AND Lord of the Rings. AND <strong>Star Wars</strong>. AND Star Trek. I guess I hate fantasy/sci-fi. but I love the Twilight Zone and Stephen King, so figure that one out.

Bad, Lala, BAD.
    Bi-oh-rama

• Options
    salt78salt78 member
    First Comment
    edited July 2010
    I only liked the first three Star Wars movies. All the new ones were terrible. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Have I ever mentioned that I like it better here now that people left for SB?

Like, a lot better.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_unpopular-opinions-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:0629bf9c-8646-4481-bdd5-c9393201cd04Post:ba60d855-aaa1-4847-9b88-399c08781c3c">Re: unpopular opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: unpopular opinions : I hate (HATE!) strapless wedding gowns. They all look the same to me. I refused to try a single one on. Posted by waltzingmatilda13 In Response to Re: unpopular opinions : See this makes no sense to me. Fashion-wise, straps do not define style of dress. I mean really, compare I dunno, my dress and Mandy's dress or Fische's dress. All strapless. All totally different in every other way. They don't look the same at all, straps don't make the style of dress one bit.
    Posted by alixzafiris[/QUOTE]

I just don't understand why so many people buy them. People who would otherwise never buy/wear a strapless dress immediately hone in on them once they are engaged. I never wore them before and I never considered one when I was engaged. I think wedding designers push them out by the hundreds and now women everywhere are thinking to look like a bride they have to wear a strapless gown.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I never followed American Idol or any of those So You Think You Can Whatever shows.  American Idol shouldn't be called American Idol because it seems there's a new "idol" every six months and then they fade into obscurity forever.
    Scrabble high score: 531
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_unpopular-opinions-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:0629bf9c-8646-4481-bdd5-c9393201cd04Post:b8ae68e1-3274-4cc5-83df-a9782bdf5678">Re: unpopular opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]ugh. I hate <strong>Harry Potter, AND Lord of the Rings. AND Star Wars. AND Star Trek. </strong>I guess I hate fantasy/sci-fi. but I love the Twilight Zone and Stephen King, so figure that one out.

Bad on all counts. Just bad.

Yes, for those who weren't aware, I'm a sci-fi geek, it extends far beyond Harry Potter and Twilight. LOTR is literally the best thing in ever. Next to Jacksper, of course.
  • Options
    i don't like when when in uniform wear their uniforn to their wedding.  i get why they do it.  and i think they're amazing people for what they do. 

but i like tuxes and suits.  if mike was a man in uniform i wouldn't have let him wear it.  yup.  that's right, i would have dictated what he wore.

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_unpopular-opinions-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:0629bf9c-8646-4481-bdd5-c9393201cd04Post:267589b6-2d18-462c-bda2-39590524a7b7">Re: unpopular opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: unpopular opinions : I'll see your West Wing and raise you The Wire,.
    Posted by arbolita[/QUOTE]

We don't have HBO so I didn't watch it.  I Googled it, seems like it would have been pretty good.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_unpopular-opinions-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:0629bf9c-8646-4481-bdd5-c9393201cd04Post:73655896-826f-49b5-907a-d58c2aa44ea1">Re: unpopular opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I only liked the first three Star Wars movies. All the new ones were terrible. 
    Posted by salt78[/QUOTE]

Oh, by all means.  I can totally get behind this.
    Bi-oh-rama

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_unpopular-opinions-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:0629bf9c-8646-4481-bdd5-c9393201cd04Post:015e774e-81d0-475c-8397-2974969f923c">Re: unpopular opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: unpopular opinions : Bad, Lala, BAD.
    Posted by smokeybailey[/QUOTE]

my H loves him some Star Wars. it's one of the many things you have to love to be accepted by his family. like The Three Amigos, and red wine, anf fishing and camping. I fail at fitting in.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_unpopular-opinions-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:0629bf9c-8646-4481-bdd5-c9393201cd04Post:2cc6d5e9-3520-4c30-adf1-8a663549a8f9">Re: unpopular opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: unpopular opinions : I love you.  I don't know you, but I think I totally love you for saying this.  I thought I was the ONLY ONE.
    Posted by Joy2611[/QUOTE]

You are not alone.

Typing that just put the image of Michael Jackson and Lisa Marie in the bathtub together in that video.  Oh dear.
  • Options

I couldn't disagree with Juxtaposition more. Have you taught elementary school/worked in education or just did a thesis?

I hate beer.

No matter what anyone says... I hate navy/black and brown/back color combos.

imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Lord of the Rings = 9 hours of people walking.
  • Options
    [QUOTE]ugh. I hate Harry Potter, AND Lord of the Rings. AND Star Wars. AND Star Trek. I guess I hate fantasy/sci-fi. but I love the Twilight Zone and Stephen King, so figure that one out.

Oh Lala.  I'm sad for you ;)

I was a huge fan of the Star Trek movie.  Huge. 

I'm also a huge fan of Simon Pegg.  And Nick Frost.

• Options
    oh, and chess. my H's whole damn family plays chess and they're apparently good. I tried to learn once but threw some pieces because I didn't understand it.
  • Options
    Oh, I also hate Jennifer Garner. Her dimples annoy me. (No offense - I like certain dimples on certain people. Just not her.)

I only watch Hell's Kitchen and Next Food Network Star because they make the Top Chef contestants look like geniuses in comparison.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards