Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

FFF

Re: FFF

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fb0a289e-b49d-4d83-8b5d-eb94aa74a013Post:a6e28377-55d6-43aa-b7f9-58994db951a9">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't know.  A lot of brides change out of their dress into something shorter and more comfortable during the reception.  I don't understand it; I figured I was only going to have one chance to wear my dress and I wanted to wear it all night, but w/ever, that's their choice.  I don't see why his changing into blue jeans mid-reception is such a big deal.
    Posted by baystateapple[/QUOTE]

<div>Well, I think both are weird. I'm not saying anyone who changes mid-reception deserves to get punched in the face. I'm just saying it's weird.</div><div>
    </div><div>My FG changed at the reception. I had no idea she was going to do it. I kind of get that, since she was seven and spent a good chunk of time chasing H's cousin's kids through the gardens.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fb0a289e-b49d-4d83-8b5d-eb94aa74a013Post:c5c2fd6d-de64-4b79-ab33-8578e8b0cb7b">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : She is now driving me crazy on my month board. She has started 8 threads in 4 hours. I'm tired of seeing her name every time I go there. End rant.
    Posted by PetalPockets2012[/QUOTE]

<div>I second this. Like seriously, stop compensating! </div>
    October 2012 December Siggy: Favourite Wedding Picture
    PIC_281copy1 Anniversary
  • Options
    I know nothing about your mil, Rosie, but I'm pretty sure I'm offended.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fb0a289e-b49d-4d83-8b5d-eb94aa74a013Post:9c993818-5e39-4d97-b840-0d4d96147e06">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : Have you just mellowed since you had a baby? I haven't been around nearly as long as you, but I don't recall you being anything less than civil, even to stupid people (*cough*mbuckley*cough*).
    Posted by specialk84[/QUOTE]

Nope, pretty much the same. Heck, I've never even really cussed on here.  Maybe a couple of minor words but never anything over the top.  What I got banned for wasn't even anything mean - I pissed someone off and she followed me around and reported everything I said.  When I got banned, I emailed Knot Annie to explain that I didn't do anything wrong, said nothing mean, etc. and her justification was "(you) participated in the thread.  If you see drama starting, don't participate in the thread anymore."  I was PISSED.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Options
    In Response to Re:FFF:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF:In Response to Re: FFF : She is now driving me crazy on my month board. She has started 8 threads in 4 hours. I'm tired of seeing her name every time I go there. End rant.Posted by PetalPockets2012I second this. Like seriously, stop compensating!nbsp; Posted by snuff9861[/QUOTE]

Compensating? I feel like that word does not mean what you want it to mean.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fb0a289e-b49d-4d83-8b5d-eb94aa74a013Post:d73e528a-2b9d-40a6-9b95-386b12013bdb">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : Nope, pretty much the same. Heck, I've never even really cussed on here.  Maybe a couple of minor words but never anything over the top.  What I got banned for wasn't even anything mean - I pissed someone off and she followed me around and reported everything I said.  When I got banned, I emailed Knot Annie to explain that I didn't do anything wrong, said nothing mean, etc. and her justification was "(you) participated in the thread.  If you see drama starting, don't participate in the thread anymore."  I was PISSED.
    Posted by Mrs.B6302007[/QUOTE]
    Wow.  TK <em>has</em> gone soft.  If this rule was still in effect, we'd all be banned forever.  Bunch of drama-llamas and instigators that we are.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    And  yep, OOT was my messenger. <3

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fb0a289e-b49d-4d83-8b5d-eb94aa74a013Post:ea93039f-83d5-4d37-8414-ad2c9cd0eb0b">Re:FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:FFF: Compensating? I feel like that word does not mean what you want it to mean.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Ok maybe not compensating. But that's the first word that popped into my head. She also started 2 threads yesterday to say sorry for the drama.</div><div>
    </div><div>And on that note. I flame Petals for letting E know mbuckley started a thread to complain about the E board, and as a result was a catalyst in all the drama on the October board. Mbuckley shouldnt have done it. </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>**And now I feel a flame about me coming. Happy Friday!</div>
    PIC_281copy1 Anniversary
  • Options
    Bay - I saved the email from her because it was so unbelievable.  She blamed it on the auto-ban due to a "high percentage of your posts being reported" and when I asked her to go back and read the posts that had been reported to show that it was unfair and to please override the ban, she said she couldn't change it.  That's when she told me to walk away from a drama thread.

Now, I did participate in a board invasion with Snippy so I 'm sure a lot of those posts got reported and this other situation pushed it over the top.  Although, I wasn't mean in any of those either.  It was very much like what's-her-name with the beard issue and then going to the October board.  We had a drama-llama over here and Snips and I went to "defend" on their board.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:fb0a289e-b49d-4d83-8b5d-eb94aa74a013Post:04e1e73b-51be-4bf4-9358-c38f6fffdc5b">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : Ain't that the truth. Petal - Mbuckley is ridiculous. There's a new thread about a bowl of M&M's. <strong>Aaand I've spent way too much time lurking the October 2012 board.
    </strong>Posted by rachers1017[/QUOTE]

You and me both. She's smothering the board.
  • Options
    So, not to give in to your demands, snuff...but how is it ok for you to talk about mbuckley but not for petal to do it? Logic and reason, not on tk.

• Options
    B and Snippy, P&E vigilantes.  Bannings all over the place.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Mrs.B6302007Mrs.B6302007 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fb0a289e-b49d-4d83-8b5d-eb94aa74a013Post:75a6fc5f-5d55-4ea2-a6fe-e8f3cff9c86c">Re:FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:FFF : Ok maybe not compensating. But that's the first word that popped into my head. She also started 2 threads yesterday to say sorry for the drama. And on that note. I flame Petals for letting E know mbuckley started a thread to complain about the E board, and as a result was a catalyst in all the drama on the October board. Mbuckley shouldnt have done it.  **And now I feel a flame about me coming. Happy Friday!
    Posted by snuff9861[/QUOTE]

FWIW, those of us who have been around can usually  sense when something like that's about to go down.  I had already clicked on her posts link to see if she was posting elsewhere and I saw it even before Petals said anything.  People would have found it anyway.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fb0a289e-b49d-4d83-8b5d-eb94aa74a013Post:926b0aa3-3e69-4838-93e9-d4546a7a1e3f">Re:FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know nothing about your mil, Rosie, but I'm pretty sure I'm offended.

:( She always says that when the dog gets on the couch. DO NOT BE OFFENDED.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fb0a289e-b49d-4d83-8b5d-eb94aa74a013Post:846f6201-b2f1-4db5-8796-11ed15f7a58d">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : You and me both. She's smothering the board.
    Posted by midgetthemighty[/QUOTE]

That's like puppetrick from budget.  She got noticed in a thread over there, got some minor flaming, and then BOOM her name started showing up everywhere.  But she's all over the place, not just one board.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fb0a289e-b49d-4d83-8b5d-eb94aa74a013Post:6d4334d3-a8f1-486a-a542-5a7d4ae8a76b">Re:FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]So, not to give in to your demands, snuff...but how is it ok for you to talk about mbuckley but not for petal to do it? Logic and reason, not on tk.

<div>Yeah. I really hate it when posters give a weak-ass flame, then follow it up with, "OMG. I know I'm going to get flamed for this! Be gentle! LOL!" Essentially, that's what you did.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fb0a289e-b49d-4d83-8b5d-eb94aa74a013Post:2b27b2ef-2e9c-4101-97e1-4f01a3021ea0">Re:FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:FFF : Yeah. I really hate it when posters give a weak-ass flame, then follow it up with, "OMG. I know I'm going to get flamed for this! Be gentle! LOL!" Essentially, that's what you did.
    Posted by specialk84[/QUOTE]

<div>Never said be gentle. I deserve whatever comes up for coming out of lurkerdom. Whatever. No skin off my back.</div>
    PIC_281copy1 Anniversary
  • Options
    I don't think there is anything wrong with judging someone for changing into jeans at their wedding. To me, there is a huge difference between a bride changing from one dress to another, but changing from a suit to jeans seems really weird to me.
  • Options
    In Response to Re:FFF:[QUOTE]In Response to Re:FFF:In Response to Re:FFF : Yeah. I really hate it when posters give a weakass flame, then follow it up with, "OMG. I know I'm going to get flamed for this! Be gentle! LOL!" Essentially, that's what you did.Posted by specialk84Never said be gentle. I deserve whatever comes up for coming out of lurkerdom. Whatever. No skin off my back. Posted by snuff9861[/QUOTE]

Yes, exactly. You're going to get flamed for delurking, not because you said something asinine.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fb0a289e-b49d-4d83-8b5d-eb94aa74a013Post:033dd544-bbeb-49b9-ace7-1a00d647a60e">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't think there is anything wrong with judging someone for changing into jeans at their wedding. To me, there is a huge difference between a bride changing from one dress to another, but <strong>changing from a suit to jeans seems really weird to me.</strong>
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

Unless they are in Canada.
  • Options
    The phrases "just wondering" and "genuinely curious" are lies. We all have some other reason behind our asking. I know I'm guilty of it.
  • Options
    I flame that biiitch Rosie for starting the FFF so damn early. Whore.
  • Options
    I think mbuckley needs some real-life friends. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:fb0a289e-b49d-4d83-8b5d-eb94aa74a013Post:9805a91e-1ba8-486f-823b-335b5dd53949">Re:FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]The phrases "just wondering" and "genuinely curious" are lies. We all have some other reason behind our asking. I know I'm guilty of it.
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

um, I see that you are posting on one of the Cultural boards today.  Very interesting as that board is usually dead to the world.
  • Options
    Unrelated to what is being discussed, but I just can't get behind Angelstar.  I think she is nice, but that's about it. The best words I can use to describe her are vapid, silly and thoughtless. Not thoughtless in a mean way, but she was on here complaining about not having enough money, and the next, posting about what shoes she should wear for an outfit and asking if we had suggestions for new shoes for her to buy. AFTER she posted a picture of her huge shoe collection.  
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fb0a289e-b49d-4d83-8b5d-eb94aa74a013Post:9488db50-61e0-4d61-b254-b1ab1c448aff">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Unrelated to what is being discussed, but I just can't get behind Angelstar.  I think she is nice, but that's about it. The best words I can use to describe her are vapid, silly and thoughtless. Not thoughtless in a mean way, but <strong>she was on here complaining about not having enough money, and the next, posting about what shoes she should wear for an outfit and asking if we had suggestions for new shoes for her to buy. AFTER she posted a picture of her huge shoe collection.  </strong>
    Posted by Snippylynn[/QUOTE]

<div>That rubbed me the wrong way. Her, not you. </div>
  • Options
    Haha, OOT, the only reason that I am is because Cfas mentioned it in the morning thread. I'm not catholic but I'll play.
  • Options
    I don't have a flame precisely, more of a general irritation.

It bugs me when in WR threads, people jump all over a poster for an etiquette slight they infer- when NOTHING the OP says implies said slight was made.

An example is Goober's post in this thread: CLICKY.

NOTHING OP SAID indicated that she didn't invite her uncle's wife.  Why the fluck do people feel the need to jump up the asses of posters over nothing?  Are they just cranky and looking for an easy target?  Do they think being biiiiitchy to random newbs for no reason will make them more popular?  Are they bored?  Do they have some aggression that they need to take out on someone?
  • Options
    Oh, and I flame this stupid girl on the Catholic weddings board who just questioned how I know what God wants if I say I'm not Christian. Seriously??
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:fb0a289e-b49d-4d83-8b5d-eb94aa74a013Post:9488db50-61e0-4d61-b254-b1ab1c448aff">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Unrelated to what is being discussed, but I just can't get behind Angelstar.  I think she is nice, but that's about it. The best words I can use to describe her are vapid, silly and thoughtless. Not thoughtless in a mean way, but she was on here complaining about not having enough money, and the next, posting about what shoes she should wear for an outfit and asking if we had suggestions for new shoes for her to buy. AFTER she posted a picture of her huge shoe collection.  
    Posted by Snippylynn[/QUOTE]

In line with this, I was surprised when she asked if she should take money out of savings to get sushi.  Granted, I don't know what her checking/savings account is like, but she does mention a lot that she is worried about her finances because of her work situation.
    imageVacation
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards